Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's a video that was posted on here of someone shooting a target in the desert, right as the guy was about to pull the trigger, some kids on dirtbikes rode directly in front of the target.  It was all public land but IIRC the video demonstrated that it would have been catastrophic had he pulled the trigger.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's lucky one of them didn't get hit.
There's a video that was posted on here of someone shooting a target in the desert, right as the guy was about to pull the trigger, some kids on dirtbikes rode directly in front of the target.  It was all public land but IIRC the video demonstrated that it would have been catastrophic had he pulled the trigger.
I know who that was.

That video and then getting a RZR under my scope on another public range (actual range, not just BLM land) prompted me to get a range membership.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I know who that was.

That video and then getting a RZR under my scope on another public range (actual range, not just BLM land) prompted me to get a range membership.
View Quote
I was shooting at a range with a 200 yard length.  This range was fully bermed down both sides and the end.  My son and I were shooting targets at about 175,   My son is just cranking out the rounds having fun. Couple other guys to our left shooting,  Then we see some dumb mother fucker pull up on the rear berm with a 4 wheeler and climb off and walk down the berm into the range.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

In a sea of stupid shit, this is the iceberg of derp standing tall above it all.
View Quote

I've saved that phrase for later usage.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I've saved that phrase for later usage.
View Quote
Just make that a sig line!  It fits right in here!  After all this is GD.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

THIS

They had a roll cage.  He should have PITTED them big time.
View Quote
The fuck?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was shooting at a range with a 200 yard length.  This range was fully bermed down both sides and the end.  My son and I were shooting targets at about 175,   My son is just cranking out the rounds having fun. Couple other guys to our left shooting,  Then we see some dumb mother fucker pull up on the rear berm with a 4 wheeler and climb off and walk down the berm into the range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know who that was.

That RZR was probably a mile or more behind the 1300 yd target I was shooting at. But still...
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#8]
He was close enough multiple times to use a PIT maneuver to take them out.

I imagine he didn't since he didn't want to risk killing them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And risk hurting/killing two kids that were out for a joy ride?

Sounds like LE in that area needs some serious de-funding and scaling down if that's the biggest issue the town faces. Seems they are a burden on the tax payers more than anything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bumper bars, should have used them.

Sounds like LE in that area needs some serious de-funding and scaling down if that's the biggest issue the town faces. Seems they are a burden on the tax payers more than anything else.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Really?? is it worth killing a couple of kids over a harmless prank?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really?? is it worth killing a couple of kids over a harmless prank?
Well at 4:53 he does state "I'm gonna shoot you!"

Shit, I wouldn't come back either.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#11]
That cop is a goddam idiot
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
You wanna PIT a couple kids on an ATV and potentially kill them for joy riding? Sounds like a good way to get yourself killed.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Gee who would have thought a Polaris would be a good thing to chase through the woods in a cop car.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free up oxygen for the rest of us
Uncalled for.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:17:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You haven't lived until you have outran the police. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

or people who don't want to deal with the neighborhood juvenile delinquents anymore.
Some of you in the thread looking back fondly at your juvenile antics were probably neighborhood hell-raisers who were considered a PITA by your neighbors
You want to have fun as juveniles? Fine. But be responsible and answer for your actions, not run away from accountability
You haven't lived until you have outran the police. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
True. My first time...I was cruising at 100 in my 69 lemans. I flashed by a trooper shooting radar. So, I floored it. I was a couple of miles from the house so I was able to drive into the backyard to hide and watched as the 440 police interceptor bellowed down the main road, never to catch me.
 It was glorious driving 300 to 400HP cars...but the brakes were poor. The local police hated me and in retrospect I was a menace. But I never crashed or ran anyone off the road...thank God. I have broken frames from going airborne at high speed and that sucked. There is high performance and then there is chaos level. I drove full chaos and was expert at drifting in turns at very high speed. There were far fewer cars on the road then...where I live now such driving is impossibly dangerous...which sucks.

You have no idea how much restraint I exercise when I drive my V6 Acura TLX...I wish I could go to 1981 with it (sinister laugh).
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:36:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I owned a L-82 4 speed gymkhana optioned 79 vette for 4 or 5 years. It had no cat and was correctly tuned plus I spiked the fuel with Tolulene.
 I of course drove it like a maniac and flashed by a deputy on the way home one night at 230am...doing 85 in a 35 on a twisty road. He just ignored me.

That vette was a sinister witch of a car...always whispering she was going to kill me. But she didn't. It was also the lowest quality POS I ever owned.
 Something broke almost every time I took her out on a mission. Thank goodness I am an excellent mechanic. Everyone should have a vette once if they are a gearhead. I drove a friends 2000 vette...it was a six speed convertible. It had the Ti exhaust and magnesium wheels. It felt like it was carved out of one block of steel it was so stiff. Yet it had a oldsmobile like GM feel. It was so fast and had such high limits I told my friend plates were optional. Epic, that car was.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like how after the cop got out and started running after the kids how he yelled he was going to shoot them.    For what?  Being stupid?
View Quote
Not respecting his authoritah
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:00:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't know the whole story here... did they just commit armed robbery or perhaps kill someone?  By all means give chase.  Otherwise the cop is an idiot going after people not causing any harm.
View Quote
Yeah, pretty much this. I need such context, otherwise it looks like simple, “how dare you disrespect muh authorituh!”

Regardless, seems some ruggedized, magnetic, tracking devices that could be shot out from a cop car might be a good invention to patent - shouldn’t be too expensive these days.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:11:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sooner or later they will mutual aid call for a chopper then the kids go to jail. End of story.
View Quote
Bear in the air is beatable...Especially under heavy canopy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:17:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I owned a L-82 4 speed gymkhana optioned 79 vette for 4 or 5 years. It had no cat and was correctly tuned plus I spiked the fuel with Tolulene.
 I of course drove it like a maniac and flashed by a deputy on the way home one night at 230am...doing 85 in a 35 on a twisty road. He just ignored me.

That vette was a sinister witch of a car...always whispering she was going to kill me. But she didn't. It was also the lowest quality POS I ever owned.
 Something broke almost every time I took her out on a mission. Thank goodness I am an excellent mechanic. Everyone should have a vette once if they are a gearhead. I drove a friends 2000 vette...it was a six speed convertible. It had the Ti exhaust and magnesium wheels. It felt like it was carved out of one block of steel it was so stiff. Yet it had a oldsmobile like GM feel. It was so fast and had such high limits I told my friend plates were optional. Epic, that car was.
View Quote
Please tell us more, especially about your uparmored badass corgi
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:33:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not if they have infraredl
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 2:59:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah, pretty much this. I need such context, otherwise it looks like simple, “how dare you disrespect muh authorituh!”

Regardless, seems some ruggedized, magnetic, tracking devices that could be shot out from a cop car might be a good invention to patent - shouldn’t be too expensive these days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know the whole story here... did they just commit armed robbery or perhaps kill someone?  By all means give chase.  Otherwise the cop is an idiot going after people not causing any harm.

How hard is it going to fire them?
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 2:59:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thus the heavy canopy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 3:10:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
epic philly motorcycle vs police helicopter
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard enough to push out ahead of the cop car and down toward the front / uncder a car just forward, I’m picturing pneumatic cannon like those t-shirt cannons, rigged up somehow along with the bumper guard. It could shoot out 6 or so skipping and bouncing along the road; only one would need to stick, the rest could just be retrieved and re-used.

Something like this, but with big honking rare earth magnets on one side (big challenge would be making sure they could launch and separate without magnet problems).

Would be fun to test, and a lot cheaper than a lot of other gear departments buy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

aaaaand you didn't even watch the video before crafting your oh so clever reply.

Well done. So astute. Much clever. Wow.
View Quote
Nope, more than happy to admit that, LOL. Was reading on the phone last night.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I started my juvenile antics as respectfully as I could possibly be.

After years of living in this small tow...Er shithole being told by the old blood that have lived there for generations that Me and my family are not from there,  dont belong there and are not welcome there.  My ability to give a fuck about their feelings did begin to go away.  But I still made every effort show respect to them and their property.

One thing I learned in small towns as much as I like the thought of living in places with small populations is...  They are full of hypocrites that never practice what the preach,  business owners are protectionists that get into power positions as to bully out competition and the local yokel PD's and SD's tend to play favorites to the business owners and the "elites".

I specifically remember one asshole that lived on the edge of town with a real fun pasture.  Asshole told me I could ride on his property anytime I wanted.  One day I did,  I went out riding my dirt bike out in the pasture only to see him recording me with a camcorder.  When I asked him why the camcorder? He replied...."I am going to give this to the city attorney and the sheriff".

And he did.  His buddy the city attorney.. An old 80 year old "ignorance of the law is no excuse" prick proceeded to give my 17 year old ass 200 hours of community service with none other than the faggot who railroaded me with a camcorder.  And a 500 dollar fine.  Oh and did I mention Mr camcorder was a business owner,  and would not give me any work to do.  In the mean time I had turned 18.  After a meeting with the city attorney and a extension on my community service with again.... Mr camcorder,  who then still wouldn't give me shit to do.  I went to jail for 5 days to "pay" for the 200 hours of community service.

I have plenty of other stories involving such small town bull shit from a couple small towns that I've lived in.  I can continue for a while.  Like being caught out after curfew with 25 or so other kids,  about 12 managed to get away and out of the rest about 8 were kids of "someone special".
Those 8 were sent home with mom and dad with no consequences.  Guess what the remainder of the kids had to do?  We got to go see the juvenile justice and a lot of community service for our bad deed.  

One thing I have learned the hard way about a lot of small communities.... Is that they tend to be full of self centered,  vain,  hypocritical corrupt assholes with a spattering of truly great humans.  My buddies father whom was a deputy in said town took retirement as soon as he could and absolutely refused to run for Sheriff,  He always loved to tell the stories of the families that were in church on Sunday and and the rest of the week their wives and husbands were sneaking around cheating on each other.  Some of his stories for 30 years as a deputy in that town were fucking amusing.  In fact.  I think the only reason that I never went to prison is the fact that I got to know many of the deputies that were hired on later in my childhood.  

I live in a larger town now,  I don't have those issues.  I don't like living in a larger town in general.  But I can ride my ATV to the store without being harassed now.

In the end this video is hard to discern whether they are being chased for being trouble makers of because barney is bored..  I tend to go with my life experiences.  YMMV.
View Quote
Lot of truth to what you'd say.
Not sure what the trespassing laws are in your state.
Here, lots of distinctions between open fields, posted vs un-posted lands, whether someone has verbally told you to not be on their land, etc.
I'm sure in retrospect there are things you could have done to mitigate what eventually happened to you.
20/20 hindsight and all of that.
I live in a small village of  a few hundred people now and yeah, there are a few old time families whose name goes back a long ways in the village.
Thankfully none of them try to pull any of that with me.
I might be new-ish to the village, but I grew up in this county.
I'm no transplant.
Anyways, thanks for your story.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:59:11 AM EDT
[#28]
They should have had a CJ 5 with Four Wheel Drive !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7UNFEiQPys
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yeah, sort of dumb to chase kids on a joyride.  If you can get them to stop within a few miles, great.  If not, pitting them and possibly killing them for a joyride is just stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, sort of dumb to chase kids on a joyride.  If you can get them to stop within a few miles, great.  If not, pitting them and possibly killing them for a joyride is just stupid.
I'm with these guys.

Risking lives and damaging a squad car, just to catch some kids on an ATV?  What a hero.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fuck man, did you have a dedicated Fedora holder in those beasts?
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#31]
We did the same as kids with dirt bikes and quads

Never got caught

Good memories
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sooner or later they will mutual aid call for a chopper then the kids go to jail. End of story.
View Quote
LOL, that's some serious city boy logic.  I don't know where the video is from, but in most of the country, a helicopter is hours away.  Not to mention expensive, and for catching a couple of kids with an ATV on the road?  Ridiculous.  That cop should have his badge taken away.  He is far more of a danger to society than those kids.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
LOL, that's some serious city boy logic.  I don't know where the video is from, but in most of the country, a helicopter is hours away.  Not to mention expensive, and for catching a couple of kids with an ATV on the road?  Ridiculous.  That cop should have his badge taken away.  He is far more of a danger to society than those kids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't see too many ghetto birds outside of big,  big cities.

I do on occasion see feds flying ghetto birds here following bad guys ( I would suppose drug enforcement) and funny enough they usually transmit their ventures un-encrypted.  So I get to hear them on the scanner.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did he say; "I'm going to shoot you?"
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure he did.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 10:06:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure he did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure he did.
Thanks I'm just getting to Page 2 asked and answered.

Damn. Glad only the police are qualified to have guns.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Helicopters are pretty badass. Mirin those LEOs in the bird. Looks like about as much fun as one can legally have
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Cop is tarded.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Cop is tarded.
View Quote
I like his effort. He's got that GTA wanted level = 6 at all times.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#40]
I wonder at what point does some town/county do some kind of cost benefit vs. potential liability/officer disability analysis?

I'm kinda wondering at this point if there are/is ANY guidelines preventing these Keystone Cops kind of antics.

Is Officer Friendly really going to tear up our patrol car chasing a couple of kids around?  Is Officer Friendly really going to get all involved emotionally and amped up exit his patrol car and chase these kids on foot in the dark-twisting his ankle/breaking his leg/hurting his back.....while threatening to shoot these kids like they just robbed 1st Southern Savings and Loan?  After which point Officer Friendly applies for and receives a medical disability for his service that the fine taxpayers of (fitb) county pay for over the next 87 years of Officer Friendly's life as he tans on a South Florida beach.
Or what happens when Officer Frendly really does rip off a couple rounds at these kids in the dark and little Sally asleep in her crib takes a 40S&W to the noggin?

I seriously hope someone is asking these questions of this guy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Cop should have followed them with lights off then lit them up when they got home.
View Quote
This.

WTF is with the lights, sirens, speed, trying to box them off on the roadway, or cutting the corner to t-bone them on the dirt?
The foot chase and yelling at his partner to get in shows full-retard status.
Cop needs relocation to a ghetto dept.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't diss the corgi...it is Ebola positive!
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#43]
I love this thread The usual jackboots are jackbooting it up as usual but what else is new
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hard enough to push out ahead of the cop car and down toward the front / uncder a car just forward, I’m picturing pneumatic cannon like those t-shirt cannons, rigged up somehow along with the bumper guard. It could shoot out 6 or so skipping and bouncing along the road; only one would need to stick, the rest could just be retrieved and re-used.

Something like this, but with big honking rare earth magnets on one side (big challenge would be making sure they could launch and separate without magnet problems).

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91tFoKNxA1L._SL1500_.jpg

Would be fun to test, and a lot cheaper than a lot of other gear departments buy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91tFoKNxA1L._SL1500_.jpg

You ever get your hand between a powerful rare earth magnet and something it wants to stick to?

I'm just envisioning tracking devices embedded in occupants (or pedestrians), or crushing injuries from limbs getting sandwiched by magnets.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Or what happens when Officer Frendly really does rip off a couple rounds at these kids in the dark and little Sally asleep in her crib takes a 40S&W to the noggin?

I seriously hope someone is asking these questions of this guy.
View Quote
Well it's only a .40, so little Sally wouldn't even realize she was woken up by the small impact.  The next morning her hair might be slightly messed up.  Or so Arfcom tells me about such a pussy round.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well it's only a .40, so little Sally wouldn't even realize she was woken up by the small impact.  The next morning her hair might be slightly messed up.  Or so Arfcom tells me about such a pussy round.
View Quote
Thank God. If Officer Friendly had the 10mm Universe Destroyer he could have just leveled the forest with a single blast....so there's that.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#48]
JFC
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thus the heavy canopy.
View Quote
Eh,

Not too difficult to have the chopper watch a perimeter then go in on foot if needed
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
State patrols choppers here go state wide for mutual aid assists
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top