BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love this thread The usual jackboots are jackbooting it up as usual but what else is new
View Quote
Ayup. The only way this chase should be justified is if they were violent criminal suspects. What a waste of tax payer dollars.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Eh,

Not too difficult to have the chopper watch a perimeter then go in on foot if needed
View Quote
There you go. Seal off the area. Have the National Guard standing by. Close in on the perps!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#3]
A police helicopter for a couple of guys making a run for it in a SxS, in East Bumblefuck. Lol.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I owned a L-82 4 speed gymkhana optioned 79 vette for 4 or 5 years. It had no cat and was correctly tuned plus I spiked the fuel with Tolulene.
 I of course drove it like a maniac and flashed by a deputy on the way home one night at 230am...doing 85 in a 35 on a twisty road. He just ignored me.

That vette was a sinister witch of a car...always whispering she was going to kill me. But she didn't. It was also the lowest quality POS I ever owned.
 Something broke almost every time I took her out on a mission. Thank goodness I am an excellent mechanic. Everyone should have a vette once if they are a gearhead. I drove a friends 2000 vette...it was a six speed convertible. It had the Ti exhaust and magnesium wheels. It felt like it was carved out of one block of steel it was so stiff. Yet it had a oldsmobile like GM feel. It was so fast and had such high limits I told my friend plates were optional. Epic, that car was.
View Quote
Some of the stupid car shit you read on here.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He was close enough multiple times to use a PIT maneuver to take them out.

I imagine he didn't since he didn't want to risk killing them.
View Quote
Prolly doesn’t know what a PIT maneuver is.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I owned a L-82 4 speed gymkhana optioned 79 vette for 4 or 5 years. It had no cat and was correctly tuned plus I spiked the fuel with Tolulene.
 I of course drove it like a maniac and flashed by a deputy on the way home one night at 230am...doing 85 in a 35 on a twisty road. He just ignored me.

That vette was a sinister witch of a car...always whispering she was going to kill me. But she didn't. It was also the lowest quality POS I ever owned.
 Something broke almost every time I took her out on a mission. Thank goodness I am an excellent mechanic. Everyone should have a vette once if they are a gearhead. I drove a friends 2000 vette...it was a six speed convertible. It had the Ti exhaust and magnesium wheels. It felt like it was carved out of one block of steel it was so stiff. Yet it had a oldsmobile like GM feel. It was so fast and had such high limits I told my friend plates were optional. Epic, that car was.
View Quote
Ok.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#7]
So it was worth fucking up a police cruiser to catch a few kids on a UTV at night?

I was chearing for the kids the whole time.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#8]
When I was young we always ran the cops on our motorcycles ( road bikes ).  Even in our cars we'd run. Never got caught but I also consider myself lucky not to get caught and probably to be alive.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ayup. The only way this chase should be justified is if they were violent criminal suspects. What a waste of tax payer dollars.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love this thread The usual jackboots are jackbooting it up as usual but what else is new
Absent a kidnapping, we don't chase.

Stolen cars, assaults etc.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I feel safer knowing that these kids won't be able to freely terrorize the streets and create havoc on this cops watch
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Next time have a few spike strips placed in key locations entering those fields and funnel those fuckers towards them.

These kids are a hazard to vehicle traffic and should be dealt with in the most severe way possible .

This will play out again because they are delinquents .
View Quote
They weren't a hazard until the fucking chase.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah, sort of dumb to chase kids on a joyride.  If you can get them to stop within a few miles, great.  If not, pitting them and possibly killing them for a joyride is just stupid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bumper bars, should have used them.

And risk hurting/killing two kids that were out for a joy ride?

Sounds like LE in that area needs some serious de-funding and scaling down if that's the biggest issue the town faces. Seems they are a burden on the tax payers more than anything else.
Yeah, sort of dumb to chase kids on a joyride.  If you can get them to stop within a few miles, great.  If not, pitting them and possibly killing them for a joyride is just stupid.
Could be murders or planning the next school shooting though.  Should've called SWAT.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Reminds me of my younger years.  

Most of the cops in the small town I was in knew well who they were chasing.  I have had them pull me aside a day or two later and give me the "you don't think I know that was you?  You had better hope I don't catch you!" speech.

Until a newb deputy rammed my buddy on his Honda 250R,  How my buddy kept that thing upright and kept going I will never know. It was just a night of goofing around and he ran from the rookie and took him through an alley and doubled back on the street,  The deputy hit him square broadside with a solid bump sliding that 250 sideways and up on two wheels at probably 60 MPH.  He righted it and kept going,  I errm,  went the other way outta town and met up with my buddy later.

Upon speaking with a friend who was also a deputy during a drinking session,  I learned the other deputies were none too nice to rookie about that.

Our kids will never experience that nowadays.  Everything is so damn serious about money now.

I was rooting for the kids in that video.  LOL
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
lol, I can't believe that idiot drove into the woods and then got out and tried to chase them on foot. Respect my authoritah!
View Quote
I thought the foot pursuit was just....precious.

Did he seriously think he could catch up to them in that Razor? What did he figure he was gonna do, leap onto the back of it?  
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#15]
SO much wrong in that video.

The passenger, appears to be a young lady, the driver a virile young dude.  The most incriminating thing in the pics was a short case of Coors in the back of the Razor.

I'm guessing no way of knowing, the two perps were out for a night of brews and possible romance, in the kids Razor, when they were interrupted by the Daddy Laws.   The kid did an OK job playing with the cops, except the once he had it on two wheels turning right.  He obviously knew the AO better than the cops, hell, he probably lives ten minutes or less from where they first picked up the cops.  I was cheering for him the whole way, kept waiting for him to pick a wet path, a narrow trail, or something like the log across the trail that ended the chase.

I was kind of curious to know exactly what kind of Razor that was.   I've got a Can-Am XRS, that thing will way out run a cop car to about 70-75, and the suspension is going to soak up stuff that will rip the bottom out of a sedan.  The Razor in this video, looked a little less capable, but damned if it wasn't enough to get away.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top