Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#1]
If a werewolf starts humpin your leg is it best to let them finish or swat them with a rolled up newspaper?

ETA: I need to know fairly quick here...
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You guys will think I'm nuts or entertain the idea.. or both.

Look back at fairy tales legends and lore through the centuries.

You have tales of "don't go to the castle, keep your children away...  witch in the woods who eats children...

Giants, the Nephiliam, sex with human women, genetic lines and engineering..

Biblically speaking, and I know in Indian lore this stuff was believed and I think a reality. too many coincidences in the stories...

Well... we know that in cultist circles and satanism/baal worship ect... even today people do bad things to children, the nobility of old Europe was doing that stuff.
blood drinking vampires? apparently after torture the blood is loaded with adrenaline, = a high,  people torture and kill.  and... eat.

This stuff still goes on today.  

My point is there is a bit of truth behind these "stories."

What is the source of the werewolf and silver belief? we know silver has been used to purify water for ages.  

could have there been a disease, a mania?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You guys will think I'm nuts or entertain the idea.. or both.

Look back at fairy tales legends and lore through the centuries.

You have tales of "don't go to the castle, keep your children away...  witch in the woods who eats children...

Giants, the Nephiliam, sex with human women, genetic lines and engineering..

Biblically speaking, and I know in Indian lore this stuff was believed and I think a reality. too many coincidences in the stories...

Well... we know that in cultist circles and satanism/baal worship ect... even today people do bad things to children, the nobility of old Europe was doing that stuff.
blood drinking vampires? apparently after torture the blood is loaded with adrenaline, = a high,  people torture and kill.  and... eat.

This stuff still goes on today.  

My point is there is a bit of truth behind these "stories."

What is the source of the werewolf and silver belief? we know silver has been used to purify water for ages.  

could have there been a disease, a mania?
Found this searching.

Under the old alchemical table of elements, silver came from the moon, gold came from the sun, mercury from mercury, iron from mars etc. Silver was written as a crescent moon rather than Ag.

So it makes sense that a moon-powered creature would be vulnerable to moon-metal
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I didn't know Kolchak had an encounter with a werewolf?
View Quote
Yeah, on the cruise ship... Kolchak was supposed to do a story on singles cruises so Vincenzo sent him on one.

If you go by the tv show "werewolf" you could end someones curse by killing the first of their line..
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Mix the silver with a little gallium and cast it into bullets for .45 ACP.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't know the canon on that.

But remember that Lon Cheney, Jr killed the wolf that attacked him with a silver handled walking stick.
View Quote
Didn't he have to be killed by someone that loved him? His father killed him
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I was taught that a Texas Heartshot with a silver bullet was the only way to kill a Werewolf dead
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know the canon on that.

But remember that Lon Cheney, Jr killed the wolf that attacked him with a silver handled walking stick.
Yep, his hot gypsy girl killed him in the other film.

LC Jr. was an interesting person.  He was a terminal alcoholic, which they said helped him play the Wolf Man so well.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Copper jacket with an exposed tip?  Better on the barrel, still effective one would assume.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#9]
All this talk about werewolves and yet most of you claim you don't do drugs.  Yeah right..
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
All this talk about werewolves and yet most of you claim you don't do drugs.  Yeah right..
View Quote
My first reaction was, "he melted down the coins!!?"

F'in hell, WHY!!!?

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:06:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You kids...

You know them shotgunz that all the "pro's from Dover" love to hate...?

Just get a few bags of these and load your own 12ga ammo...

http://www.images-apmex.com/images/Catalog%20Images/Products/44273_Obv.jpg?v=20130101120000&width=900&height=900
View Quote
ouch
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
When the tv show "werewolf " was on, they used to interview a guy who was a doctor of cryptozoology, lycanthropy, paranormal science..something along those lines.  He would give little  factojds about all the "actual " werewolves active in north America.  I always thought that was pretty trippy...
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"Have you ever seen what a dollar and eighty will do to a fourty dollar steer?"
View Quote
So the beef chow mein is coming?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I Don't know but i think I'll have a pina colada at trader vics...
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:23:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK, so i have saved my silver coins and melted them down.

Silver is very hard on the rifling, maybe i use a smooth bore shotgun like Kolchak.

Maybe i use a patched round ball in a muzzle loader.

My question is;  If the ball passes all the way through and EXITS, does it still kill the werewolf?
Or does it have to stay inside his/her body for full effect?

The German Nato member with the wolf bite on the cruise ship.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your hair was perfect.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:24:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Absolutely there was a disease. It still exists: Congenital erythropoetic porphyria. Very simplified, it's a genetic defect in the production of the hemoglobin molecule. The badly-formed molecules are porphyrins, which cause skin lesions, photosensitivity, increased hair growth, and reddened teeth, as well as defects in cartilage and bone formation.
So, you get this somewhat deformed person who has lots of hair all over their body, only goes out at night, has oozing sores, and (apparently) bloody teeth.
Add in a few people killed by wolves at night (they were still a big problem back then) with a healthy dose of superstition, a pinch of judgement of God, and the guy with porphyria gets labeled as a werewolf.
Every culture has its regionally-appropriate were-beast, based on whatever local critter is the feared man-killer. Pacific islanders have were-sharks, for example: wolves are rather thin on the ground in those parts. There are were-snakes, were-jaguars, were-crocodiles, etc., etc.
View Quote
Toss in some ergot poisoning of the local grains and you have yourself monsters

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergot
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You know, I was thinking about this yesterday. They use a silver sintered polymer I thought, how does that work? Going off the frangible rounds we use at work that just turn to power when we hit anything. Wouldn't that be like shooting somebody with #8 shot, sandblasts the surface and hurts like Hell but doesn't actually dig in there and do any damage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MHI ammo works great. The MCB has better stuff, but the manufacturer won't sell to anyone else.
You know, I was thinking about this yesterday. They use a silver sintered polymer I thought, how does that work? Going off the frangible rounds we use at work that just turn to power when we hit anything. Wouldn't that be like shooting somebody with #8 shot, sandblasts the surface and hurts like Hell but doesn't actually dig in there and do any damage.
I think the sintered rounds are to slow the regeneration process.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ummm...yes religion.
I'm not interested in what Hollywood and modern-day fiction writers portray, I'm talking about real werewolves. According to all the texts written waaaay back when they were taken extremely seriously, since the very nature of demonic beasts is Satanic, religion (specifically Christianity) is inherent in the killing / destruction of were-beasts and vampires. They are both demonic, and, like it or not, ya'll need some Jesus if you're gonna go up against them.
View Quote
For the sake of argument,  aren't they originally a manifestation of the Id?  I know Vampires were seen as the romancer.  Someone who seduced the ladies and eventually "had their way with them".
Werewolves are more of the beast inside, the lose cannon that is lurking inside every person waiting to get out.
They get a lease from the moon, just like the word lunatic means that they are influenced by the moon (luna).

One last point to ponder-In "American werewolf in London" the cops killed him with 7.62 FALs (probably using FMJ ammunition). So there's that.

PS a little old lady got mutilated late last night.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:28:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
...The next easiest method would be to silver plate conventional bullets with a very thin layer of silver.
View Quote
Was just gonna post, that maybe a silver plated bullet is the answer OP seeks.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Kimo Sabe....only one man use silver bullet. Hi..Oh..Silver!
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I think the silver bullet thing is pure Hollywood! They didn't use silver bullets in the middle ages.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:47:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Usually frangible are used against hard plate though. The point of the sintered silver rounds is to break apart to create a non-healing wound in lycanthropes. See the ARFCOM vid here on frangibles and penetration in gel.

PolyFrang .223/5.56mm Frangible Ammunition - Gel Test

Straight up through and through penetration would be less effective than silver left in the wound. That frangible leaves lots of little pieces. Good doggy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think the silver bullet thing is pure Hollywood! They didn't use silver bullets in the middle ages.
View Quote
You are sooooooooo wrong. I pray you never have to deal with a pack.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:44:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
silver bullet in sabots?
View Quote
Winner Winner chicken dinner ???

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:49:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Ancient tests in Germany where silver bullets were blessed and sprinkled with holy water did not make them more accurate than their lead counterparts.  What the Holy Men didn't understand is that lead is softer and takes to the rifling which imparts the spin that makes them more accurate that the harder silver bullets did.  Silver didn't take to rifling.  Period.  No blessings of the saints will make them better.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:42:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Paper Patch

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:08:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Silver is an anti microbial which wards against disease.
It's also one of the mythical lunar elements which means it works on those creatures that hunt at night, as a side note it's also supposed to work against vampires.
One of the old tales of vampires not having a reflection in a mirror is because old mirrors were backed with Silver.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:16:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Awesome freaking avatar!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:55:19 AM EDT
[#30]
I had read somewhere that the silver bullet story came from some kind of animal rampage in France.   The story that inspired the movie Brotherhood of the Wolf, although in the movie they made it a dressed up lion.  But that they still haven't figured out exactly what animal was raging.   The legend of the Beast of Gévaudan.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:01:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
MHI ammo works great. The MCB has better stuff, but the manufacturer won't sell to anyone else.
View Quote
The PUFF bounty on an older werewolf is pretty high, like hundreds of thousands, though I don't want to be the guy who has to tangle with one to get it.  

I heard some guy pushed one out of a tall building once and killed it that way.  

YMMV
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:05:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:23:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Werewolf have a very high regeneration/healing factor. Silver stop the healing process of Werewolf. The silver must stay inside the werewolf to stop the regeneration.

With that said silver is very good at killing bacteria. Silver was used to cure disease in ancient times. Great for purifying waters.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 5:50:49 AM EDT
[#34]
What recourse would a werewolf have it were hit by a 50 BMG in the center of its head? 

Your move wolfman.

Silver.......pffffft.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:26:26 AM EDT
[#35]
In my early 20's I worked as a professional werewolf hunter. I can tell you the hide is extremely thick. I never once had an exit wound, even from .308. 
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#36]
I like where this is going.  Kind of like the patched round ball.
One could load the round (30-06, or 308) to very low velocities so the silver stays inside the target.

Added effect for hollow-points.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Use an all-copper large-caliber hollow point, and pour silver into the hollow. The silver plug should detach after expansion and create a secondary wound channel. This is the cheapest option and should also provide good accuracy since the copper bullet will grip the rifling just fine.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The PUFF bounty on an older werewolf is pretty high, like hundreds of thousands, though I don't want to be the guy who has to tangle with one to get it.  

I heard some guy pushed one out of a tall building once and killed it that way.  

YMMV
View Quote
To be fair, the werewolf hit an escalade. The desk hit the werewolf

One could always get blessed silver needles (see your local baba yaga for details and pricing), and use those to make sabot rounds.

7.62 x 54R is supposed to work well, in that configuration.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

To be fair, the werewolf hit an escalade. The desk hit the werewolf

One could always get blessed silver needles (see your local baba yaga for details and pricing), and use those to make sabot rounds.

7.62 x 54R is supposed to work well, in that configuration.
View Quote
I prefer to use a katana, after my high school shop teacher taught me about them, but a suppressed uzi works in a pinch.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:47:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Unless you have a really bad werewolf problem in your AO, you're probably not going to shoot enough silver bullets to do much barrel damage.
If you're still concerned, however, you'd probably want to use a barrel with polygonal rifling, and/or size your silver bullets right at groove diameter, instead of 2-3 thousandths over like you would with lead. A Christian cross carved, stamped, or molded into the nose of the bullet is recommended.

Far more important than those technical issues, you need to find a Catholic priest to bless the bullets, preferably with a little sprinkling of holy water. Dunno if an Anglican or Episcopalian priest would suffice, but I doubt it. Best to stick to the tried-and-true. That will probably necessitate a trip to Cajun country. There are still some bayou priests who know that evil things from the other world prowl the bayous (bayoux?) and won't see the request as odd; your common-or-garden big city priest will sneer at the "superstition" and accuse you of sacrilege.

Finally, you must take into account the geographic origin of said werewolves. If your priest doesn't have any advice on technique, you're left with using historical precedent. The accepted techniques for permanently destroying werewolves, vampires, and other demonic were-beasts have varied from region to region, often times overlapping between not only regions, but between the creatures.
Since "overkill" is impossible, a combination of silver bullet, wooden stake, silver cross placed in the mouth, decapitation, fire, and burial face-down at an unmarked crossroads with a wooden cross on their back should cover most of the Western Hemisphere were-beasts.

Sure, it's a lot of work, but these are not things a wise man does by half-measures.
View Quote
I want to party with you.

No homo
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No homo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unless you have a really bad werewolf problem in your AO, you're probably not going to shoot enough silver bullets to do much barrel damage.
If you're still concerned, however, you'd probably want to use a barrel with polygonal rifling, and/or size your silver bullets right at groove diameter, instead of 2-3 thousandths over like you would with lead. A Christian cross carved, stamped, or molded into the nose of the bullet is recommended.

Far more important than those technical issues, you need to find a Catholic priest to bless the bullets, preferably with a little sprinkling of holy water. Dunno if an Anglican or Episcopalian priest would suffice, but I doubt it. Best to stick to the tried-and-true. That will probably necessitate a trip to Cajun country. There are still some bayou priests who know that evil things from the other world prowl the bayous (bayoux?) and won't see the request as odd; your common-or-garden big city priest will sneer at the "superstition" and accuse you of sacrilege.

Finally, you must take into account the geographic origin of said werewolves. If your priest doesn't have any advice on technique, you're left with using historical precedent. The accepted techniques for permanently destroying werewolves, vampires, and other demonic were-beasts have varied from region to region, often times overlapping between not only regions, but between the creatures.
Since "overkill" is impossible, a combination of silver bullet, wooden stake, silver cross placed in the mouth, decapitation, fire, and burial face-down at an unmarked crossroads with a wooden cross on their back should cover most of the Western Hemisphere were-beasts.

Sure, it's a lot of work, but these are not things a wise man does by half-measures.

No homo
...and my family says I know way too much utterly useless stuff and always overthink things. They just don't understand how important it might be someday. Maybe.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That would be my plan.  Fill a nice deep HP with silver and maybe apply some kind of sealer.
View Quote
Silver nitrate FTW.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#43]
These are live 45acp made specifically for werewolf hunting. 

Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#45]
And where does one obtain some of these ready-made treasures?
These are the good stuff, right? I don't want some cheap Chinee knock-off, faux-silver, unblessed, unreliable werewolf ammo.
Werewolf hunting is serious business: if you fuck up, you don't just lose your life, you might lose your soul, too.

ETA: since this is GD, substitute "loose" for "lose" above. And make "too" read "to".
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
OK, so i have saved my silver coins and melted them down.

Silver is very hard on the rifling, maybe i use a smooth bore shotgun like Kolchak.

Maybe i use a patched round ball in a muzzle loader.

My question is;  If the ball passes all the way through and EXITS, does it still kill the werewolf?
Or does it have to stay inside his/her body for full effect?
View Quote

not sure if serious.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Silver plated lead FTW...
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#48]
http://www.hurog.com/articles/silver/silverbullet5.shtml

go with the MHI glaser safety slug type.- http://www.hurog.com/articles/silver/hollowpoint.shtml
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#49]
I shot a werewolf once.

By the time I got to it,it had changed back into my neighbors dog.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If a werewolf starts humpin your leg is it best to let them finish or swat them with a rolled up newspaper?

ETA: I need to know fairly quick here...
View Quote
Depends on if he has some Mississippi leg hound in him.

If he does lay into you,best to just let him finish..............
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top