Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Silver plated lead FTW...
View Quote
That's the opposite of what you want. You want the hard silver in the core, and the lead/copper/whatever on the outside to grip the rifling.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Double barrel shotgun.  Remove lead shot from two shells.  Insert wooden stakes with silver tips.  DPICM - anti vampire and anti werewolf.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Double barrel shotgun.  Remove lead shot from two shells.  Insert wooden stakes with silver tips.  DPICM - anti vampire and anti werewolf.
View Quote
wooden stakes don't travel far before yawing and then flying on a random direction.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I Don't know but i think I'll have a pina colada at trader vics...
View Quote
Ha! I'd like to meet his tailor.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

wooden stakes don't travel far before yawing and then flying on a random direction.
View Quote
Werewolf and Vampire combat is always at close range.   Always.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Usually frangible are used against hard plate though. The point of the sintered silver rounds is to break apart to create a non-healing wound in lycanthropes. See the ARFCOM vid here on frangibles and penetration in gel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5_ZidYxbSE

Straight up through and through penetration would be less effective than silver left in the wound. That frangible leaves lots of little pieces. Good doggy.
View Quote
Cool. Thanks, that seems like it would work better than I thought.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And where does one obtain some of these ready-made treasures?
These are the good stuff, right? I don't want some cheap Chinee knock-off, faux-silver, unblessed, unreliable werewolf ammo.
Werewolf hunting is serious business: if you fuck up, you don't just lose your life, you might lose your soul, too.

ETA: since this is GD, substitute "loose" for "lose" above. And make "too" read "to".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
And where does one obtain some of these ready-made treasures?
These are the good stuff, right? I don't want some cheap Chinee knock-off, faux-silver, unblessed, unreliable werewolf ammo.
Werewolf hunting is serious business: if you fuck up, you don't just lose your life, you might lose your soul, too.

ETA: since this is GD, substitute "loose" for "lose" above. And make "too" read "to".
It was from a place called Silver Moon Ammo in Florida. This was 5-10 years ago. The website is closed now. They offered silver plated ammunition in 45acp and 38 special as I recall.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#8]
You're all missing the point.

Killing one is easy.

Disposing of the now naked human body is the tricky part.

Exactly why I became a pig farmer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a few boxes of that stuff. I'm saving it for, you know, just in case...
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Your silver bullets won't work. You have to have the silver bullets blessed by a priest for them to kill a werewolf. Whether or not they pass through or remain imbedded in the werewolf is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck!! Now I want one!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Silver bullets were cranked out as werewolf kryptonite by some Hollywood script writer in the 50s or so.

If you were to encounter a werewolf based on folklore predating movies, your silver bullets would be every bit as effective as a cold iron staff to fight extraterrestrials.  Wrong tool for wrong critter.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't know, but I always wondered if wooden AK ammo would work on Vampires.     They're meant to be used with a muzzle blank adapter device, so perhaps without one the wood would hold together and work.

http://image.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/1/114563_ts.jpg
View Quote
It wood not hurt.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:53:46 PM EDT
[#14]
20mm silver werewolf repellent.

Or in other popular calibers........

Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Just a bit of mercury in a hollow point.  They don't know the difference and it's cheaper than silver billets.   OIT
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:30:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Cool. Thanks, that seems like it would work better than I thought.
View Quote
In the monster hunter international books 
The feds used a lead/silver mixed frangible round 

Lead did the damage but left a load of silver dust in the wound 

The privateers used a more conventional hollow point with a silver packed cavity and plastic cap like a powrball or Glaser 
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:43:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He is such an asshole!

But don't tell him I said that....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
MHI ammo works great. The MCB has better stuff, but the manufacturer won't sell to anyone else.
You know, I was thinking about this yesterday. They use a silver sintered polymer I thought, how does that work? Going off the frangible rounds we use at work that just turn to power when we hit anything. Wouldn't that be like shooting somebody with #8 shot, sandblasts the surface and hurts like Hell but doesn't actually dig in there and do any damage.
Beats me. I asked Franks, but he just answered, "Classified."
He is such an asshole!

But don't tell him I said that....
Franks ... (snicker) (goes to Che l for new books)
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

not sure if serious.
View Quote
C'mon.  People want to know.    

(serious, JIC)
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Just about to post this.

I like Silvertips; they were the only hollowpoints that would reliably feed in my old .32 auto.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top