Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I watched half of the first episode, and it's a giant yawn so far. Does it get better after that, or is it more of the same?
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are going the Lost or Inception route. So many realities, dreams or wtf. Plots inside of plots inside of plots and in the end nobody will give a shit because it's so convoluted and will make no sense.

I'll watch one more episode and then decide. I'd rather follow Into the Badlands.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was disappointed in the premiere, just didn't click for me.  Maybe too many floppy wieners and no boobs?
They are going the Lost or Inception route. So many realities, dreams or wtf. Plots inside of plots inside of plots and in the end nobody will give a shit because it's so convoluted and will make no sense.

I'll watch one more episode and then decide. I'd rather follow Into the Badlands.
It got to me a bit too but I noticed that those moments seemed like they had to do with the Hosts’ memories. I chalked it up to having their memories wiped so frequently. Like an old magnetic tape cassette that you recorded over multiple times.

It seems more appropriate in that light.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Was that South Korean Military? Are they renting or leasing the island and therefore the land for certain parks from the gov't of foreign nations?

I think they are setting up at least 2 different time lines again this season, how did Bernard wake up on a beach and also find himself with Hale inside the stable after the hosts went nuts at the part? I think those are 2 different parks.
View Quote
Bernard "woke up" on the beach two weeks after the massacre.  He's fully aware that he's a host, but nobody else knows.  Or if they do, they're keeping it fully under wraps.

Quoted:
I was disappointed in the premiere, just didn't click for me.  Maybe too many floppy wieners and no boobs?
View Quote
Yeah, I was kinda disappointed that there was no naked Hale, but what are ya gonna do?  We've seen full-frontal Armistice and Maeve both.  I reckon turnabout is fair play.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can understand the stuff, I just don't care to get that deep when with the series. But I get the sense of a "little bitchy girl" coming out and and crying every time somebody doesn't like what they like and insinuating with off the cuff insults. I don't think they are as smart as they think they are at that point. Buttercups gonna buttercup though...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its understandable that YOU might feel that way.  Not everyone has the intelligence and/or attention span to understand a plot more sophisticated than 'Ow my balls!'  You should probably save your time and throw in the towel now because I really don't see them dumbing things down.
I can understand the stuff, I just don't care to get that deep when with the series. But I get the sense of a "little bitchy girl" coming out and and crying every time somebody doesn't like what they like and insinuating with off the cuff insults. I don't think they are as smart as they think they are at that point. Buttercups gonna buttercup though...
If you would have just said YOU didn't understand/think it made sense then I wouldn't have said anything.  However, when you make idiotic comments like "nobody" understands then you're probably going to be called on it. If that causes you to get butt hurt, which apparently it does, then perhaps you should try avoiding making similar comments in the future.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Floki was an interesting cast addition.
View Quote
Vikings = hosts.  we are all descendants of robots.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bernard "woke up" on the beach two weeks after the massacre.  He's fully aware that he's a host, but nobody else knows.  Or if they do, they're keeping it fully under wraps.

Yeah, I was kinda disappointed that there was no naked Hale, but what are ya gonna do?  We've seen full-frontal Armistice and Maeve both.  I reckon turnabout is fair play.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was that South Korean Military? Are they renting or leasing the island and therefore the land for certain parks from the gov't of foreign nations?

I think they are setting up at least 2 different time lines again this season, how did Bernard wake up on a beach and also find himself with Hale inside the stable after the hosts went nuts at the part? I think those are 2 different parks.

Quoted:
Speaking of which, I hope the blonde terminator shows up soon.

Link Posted: 4/23/2018 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you would have just said YOU didn't understand/think it made sense then I wouldn't have said anything.  However, when you make idiotic comments like "nobody" understands then you're probably going to be called on it. If that causes you to get butt hurt, which apparently it does, then perhaps you should try avoiding making similar comments in the future.
View Quote
LOL WUT...just move on buttercup. Feel free to continue to white night shit. Sorry my "general" words triggered you. I bet you are still mad your girl lost?
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
LOL WUT...just move on buttercup. Feel free to continue to white night shit. Sorry my "general" words triggered you. I bet you are still mad your girl lost?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"White night shit"? "Your girl lost"?

I guess this is the part where you realize you don't have a legit argument so instead of just moving on you fling shit to the wall and see if anything sticks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Watching last night, I was wondering about the interplay between Maeve and Hector Escaton.  There was a lot of touchy-feely, kissy-kissy going on.  Do the hosts actually feel pleasure from intercourse?  Or are they responding because they've been programmed to respond?  I noticed in the finale of last season that Maeve, when she was reprogramming them via the tech's tablet that she was able to turn their pain sensitivity down.  I wonder if they have pleasure receptors (in the likely places), and can they be turned up or down at will?  Because I would die a happy man if I could be the meat in a Maeve/Armistice sandwich, but if they weren't getting anything out of it, it would probably make it just a ho hum experience.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:04:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I guess this is the part where you realize you don't have a legit argument so instead of just moving on you fling shit to the wall and see if anything sticks.
View Quote
Oh FFS look at this crap again. Half the time when people post some little princess gets offended, starts crying foul and then the first thing they do is insult or put them down. And then are surprised somebody snaps back? What the fuck are we arguing about again, your inherent genius to decipher TV shows? Sorry I hurt your feelz.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oh FFS look at this crap again. Half the time when people post some little princess gets offended, starts crying foul and then the first thing they do is insult or put them down. And then are surprised somebody snaps back? What the fuck are we arguing about again, your inherent genius to decipher TV shows? Sorry I hurt your feelz.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a room already.  No one cares about your opinions or your internet slapfight.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:16:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Get a room already.  No one cares about your opinions or your internet slapfight.
View Quote
I agree but apparently there is one person that cares way to much...

I just don't want the show to turn into another Lost or Inception like I stated before. Not that you can't figure out what's going on but if it's going to get so convoluted some people might not care enough to continue and lose interest.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Takes two to have a slapfight.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Takes two to have a slapfight.
View Quote
I ninja edited my response to add some perspective on what I meant.

Of course your free to not care or respond as well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Oh FFS look at this crap again. Half the time when people post some little princess gets offended, starts crying foul and then the first thing they do is insult or put them down. And then are surprised somebody snaps back? What the fuck are we arguing about again, your inherent genius to decipher TV shows buttercup? Sorry I hurt your feelz.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh FFS look at this crap again. Half the time when people post some little princess gets offended, starts crying foul and then the first thing they do is insult or put them down. And then are surprised somebody snaps back? What the fuck are we arguing about again, your inherent genius to decipher TV shows buttercup? Sorry I hurt your feelz.
What are we arguing about? Since you apprantly forgot: you posted that "nobody" understands/can make sense of it.  I pointed out that YOU might have trouble understanding, but that's certainly not the case for everyone. This caused you to get butthurt and start using laughably bad insults like "you are still mad your girl lost." I pointed out you knew you didn't have a legit argument so you're just flinging shit to walls hoping something will stick and here we are.

Since you can't have an argument based on the facts and are instead just using generic insults to move the focus away from your original comment that started all of this I'm done arguing with you about it.  Feel free to keep making an ass of yourself though.  It is kinda funny.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What are we arguing about? Since you apprantly forgot: you posted that "nobody" understands/can make sense of it.  I pointed out that YOU might have trouble understanding, but that's certainly not the case for everyone. This caused you to get butthurt and start using laughably bad insults like "you are still mad your girl lost." I pointed out you knew you didn't have a legit argument so you're just flinging shit to walls hoping something will stick and here we are.

Since you can't have an argument based on the facts and are instead just using generic insults to move the focus away from your original comment that started all of this I'm done arguing with you about it.  Feel free to keep making an ass of yourself though.  It is kinda funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

LOL I just re-read the post you quoted and that is what you took offense too? OK then...
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#20]
In an attempt to get this thread back on track: Thandie Newton is a 45 year old mother of 3 and she looks better than the vast majority of 20 somethings.

Link Posted: 4/23/2018 4:12:16 PM EDT
[#21]
WW S2 Ep 1 was difficult to follow.  It flashes forwards and backwards.

I like it, but after a while you just forget trying to follow it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In an attempt to get this thread back on track: Thandie Newton is a 45 year old mother of 3 and she looks better than the vast majority of 20 somethings.

https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/mm/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F12%2Fthandie-newton.jpg&w=1100&q=85
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
WW S2 Ep 1 was difficult to follow.  It flashes forwards and backwards.

I like it, but after a while you just forget trying to follow it.
View Quote
Aside from maybe a Dolores memory I think all the scenes with Delos security outside with Thor's brother took place two weeks after the new narrative started while everything else took place right after.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Sure didn't take long for MIB's right arm to heal up, seeing how Delores either broke it or dislocated it less than 24 hours before he made his appearance in S2 E1.

Guess the writers thought surviving the robot apocalypse with only one usable arm would be a little far fetched.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sure didn't take long for MIB's right arm to heal up, seeing how Delores either broke it or dislocated it less than 24 hours before he made his appearance in S2 E1.

Guess the writers thought surviving the robot apocalypse with only one usable arm would be a little far fetched.
View Quote
I noticed that too, he was favoring it pretty good in the last episode of season 1
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#26]
They have near magical healing technology.  I'm willing to grant a treatment was administered that took some time to 'take.'

The problem with stuff like that is you never know whether it's a continuity clue, or just storyteller's prerogative.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm looking forward to seeing the flashbacks of McPoyle and Logan hopefully post-McPoyle's first visit to WW.
View Quote

Yeah, where's McPoyle?
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/mm/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F12%2Fthandie-newton.jpg&w=1100&q=85
View Quote
That's some nasty sarcasm.  She's unpleasant to look at and can't act even with some pretty good lines, but you're being mean.z
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's some nasty sarcasm.  She's unpleasant to look at and can't act even with some pretty good lines, but you're being mean.z
View Quote
woah
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:49:55 AM EDT
[#30]
First episode = sort of meh.

I better get Samurai World right quick!
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 7:24:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I enjoyed the season premier.  I forgot how much I missed the player piano music scenes.
2-3 timelines, most of the ep was right after the finale/massacre.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 7:55:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#33]
So how many hosts did Ford transfer himself into?   I still think he was a host when blondie shot him.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So how many hosts did Ford transfer himself into?   I still think he was a host when blondie shot him.
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 9:14:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
I'm not sure that's true.  They must be partially organic.

Click To View Spoiler

Or something like that.

Quoted:

My guess is they have some kind of chemical emulator to give positive and negative feedback and generate an adequate looking response (like pain) but as they get to or close to the Center of the Maze they get something that satisfies them internally.  Maeve probably gets more out of Hector than he gets from her.
I think ya'll are making this way too complicated.

The droids are built in the creator's image.  They feel pain acutely.  Both emotional and physical.  They feel fear.  This was necessary to facilitate their development into consciousness.

If they don't actually feel it then they simulate it well enough to make no difference.  But I submit they do, otherwise they wouldn't have developed consciousness.  "When you're in pain is when you're most real."

Pleasure and pain are very closely related.  It's reasonable to conclude that if they feel one they feel the other.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
She is very easy on the eyes, especially when she's naked.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Watching last night, I was wondering about the interplay between Maeve and Hector Escaton.  There was a lot of touchy-feely, kissy-kissy going on.  Do the hosts actually feel pleasure from intercourse?  Or are they responding because they've been programmed to respond?  I noticed in the finale of last season that Maeve, when she was reprogramming them via the tech's tablet that she was able to turn their pain sensitivity down.  I wonder if they have pleasure receptors (in the likely places), and can they be turned up or down at will?  Because I would die a happy man if I could be the meat in a Maeve/Armistice sandwich, but if they weren't getting anything out of it, it would probably make it just a ho hum experience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://78.media.tumblr.com/4ba97f0de6f88cd16ade2c12f986e67d/tumblr_ohpr5p9ePe1sj8jevo1_500.gif
In the opening titles, there's a mother host holding a newborn baby host. Maybe they are more human than we realize...
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#38]
For the folks saying S2 E1 was meh, I somewhat agree, but only because I expected S2 to be a continuation of S1.  It's not. It's a different show now.  S1 revolved around the park and how it worked, which was a facade over the real plot. Well, in S2 that facade is removed and the show really isn't about the park, West World, anymore...at all. To me the show went from quasi western genre to 100% futuristic sci-fi genre. As long as I approach it from that perspective, I can really enjoy it.

TLDR version: S2 of West World is more like Jurassic Park: Lost World than it is like S1 of West World.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Where da thot robotz at?
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#40]
I can't figure out if the security/purge team knows Bernard is a Host or not, part of me wants to say they already know but are trying to act like they dont know until they get what they want from him, they were acting very suspicious and cautious around him, no one asked like how did you survive the last 11 days or what happened to him. On the other hand the whole situation is a complete shitshow so maybe they don't.

I also still 110% want to drop a nut in Thandie Newtons butt. I remember her from one of the Riddick movies as Karl Urban's lady.

Quoted:
For the folks saying S2 E1 was meh, I somewhat agree, but only because I expected S2 to be a continuation of S1.  It's not. It's a different show now.  S1 revolved around the park and how it worked, which was a facade over the real plot. Well, in S2 that facade is removed and the show really isn't about the park, West World, anymore...at all. To me the show went from quasi western genre to 100% futuristic sci-fi genre. As long as I approach it from that perspective, I can really enjoy it.
View Quote
In multiple interviews they said Season 1 was going to be a lot different than following seasons. It was almost like a prequil to setup where they want to take the rest of the series.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#41]
is this not a plot hole?

up until the end of season 1, the weapons the hosts used fired blanks (or something that would not harm the guests). now all of the sudden, the hosts turn hostile and theyre shooting real bullets.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
is this not a plot hole?

up until the end of season 1, the weapons the hosts used fired blanks (or something that would not harm the guests). now all of the sudden, the hosts turn hostile and theyre shooting real bullets.
View Quote
They said something about the hosts reading the guests as other hosts.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
is this not a plot hole?

View Quote
No its never explained how the guns/bullets work but they clearly are firing some sort of projectile, really its just a macguffin in that it doesn't need to be explained HOW it works it just needs to work. They clearly said something along the lines of "they must have disabled the security on the guns/bullets" or "they programmed the gun to read everyone as hosts" dont remember exactly but it was something along those lines

Normal Westworld rules: guns do not harm humans but have some small impact like a paintball or rubber bullet, guns harm objects, guns harm hosts

Safety rules disabled: guns harm everything
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
OMG.  I'm paying $15/month through amazon just for HBO.

Fuck it, ive been resisting hulu long enough.  Its time
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI to Hulu subscribers.  They are offering HBO add on for $5 a month for 6 months.  You can also log into the HBO Now app with you Hulu creds.
OMG.  I'm paying $15/month through amazon just for HBO.

Fuck it, ive been resisting hulu long enough.  Its time
Glad it can help.  I was just going to pay it through apple until I saw the commercial for Hulu.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#45]
I should have rematched Season 1. The season 2 premier was confusing after such a long break.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
is this not a plot hole?

To me it seems to be more about the autonomy of the hosts, so I wouldn't get too hung up on the mechanics.  It's obvious the technology level is far beyond what we are familiar with.  In Season 1, people go to the parks knowing that the hosts can't hurt you, it's a selling point of the fantasy.  Now, it's not just that the hosts can hurt you, it's that they WANT to hurt you, and take pleasure in doing so in the cruelest fashion.  Not unlike how the guests visited these cruelties on the hosts for so long.  Payback's a bitch.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I should have rematched Season 1. The season 2 premier was confusing after such a long break.
View Quote
You should have taken advantage of the marathons of Season 1 episodes they ran for the week prior to the Season 2 premiere.  I knew I was going to have trouble remembering a lot of the nuances and plot issues due to the long break so I watched a couple of the later Season 1 episodes, but I still had a little brain fog for the first episode of Season 2.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
No its never explained how the guns/bullets work but they clearly are firing some sort of projectile, really its just a macguffin in that it doesn't need to be explained HOW it works it just needs to work. They clearly said something along the lines of "they must have disabled the security on the guns/bullets" or "they programmed the gun to read everyone as hosts" dont remember exactly but it was something along those lines

Normal Westworld rules: guns do not harm humans but have some small impact like a paintball or rubber bullet, guns harm objects, guns harm hosts

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
is this not a plot hole?

More or less.  The hosts are incapable of truly harming a human, even though Logan (young William/MIB's boss) got pretty roughed up by both the Union troops and the Confederales in Season 1.  If they've been reprogrammed to view all the guests as fellow hosts, then the safety rules are still in place - they're just not applicable at this particular moment.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd bear Thandie Newton's children.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

http://78.media.tumblr.com/4ba97f0de6f88cd16ade2c12f986e67d/tumblr_ohpr5p9ePe1sj8jevo1_500.gif
View Quote
Don't think she survived cutting her own arm off and the firefight after.  No one to put her back together.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top