Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sure didn't take long for MIB's right arm to heal up, seeing how Delores either broke it or dislocated it less than 24 hours before he made his appearance in S2 E1.

Guess the writers thought surviving the robot apocalypse with only one usable arm would be a little far fetched.
View Quote
The bullet must have healed the break, hence the term, Magic Bullet.  Edit to say, Thandie is still hot!
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#2]
After rewatching I am 110% on board the "Delos knows Bernard is a host" theory. He's just in a loop of his own and Delos are letting him complete it so they can find out what the hell happened and gather intel. He's been missing for 2 weeks with murderous robots slaughtering everyone in sight, shows up out of nowhere apparently unharmed on the beach, no one offers him medical aid or food/water, no one asks how he is doing how he got there how he survived or if he knows where any other survivors are, they only ask whats wrong with the hosts whats happening with the code, Bernard finishes that other guys sentence like he had heard it before, the one security lady is acting funny and cautious around him like she obviously doesn't trust him. In the scene where he wakes up on the beach there are people walking around in the background, no one bothered to check on this guy if he was ok until he randomly sat up?
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 4:48:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I wasn't impressed with first episode either.
I'm not into the "Lost" type of series.
Last season was good in many ways.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
After rewatching I am 110% on board the "Delos knows Bernard is a host" theory. He's just in a loop of his own and Delos are letting him complete it so they can find out what the hell happened and gather intel. He's been missing for 2 weeks with murderous robots slaughtering everyone in sight, shows up out of nowhere apparently unharmed on the beach, no one offers him medical aid or food/water, no one asks how he is doing how he got there how he survived or if he knows where any other survivors are, they only ask whats wrong with the hosts whats happening with the code, Bernard finishes that other guys sentence like he had heard it before, the one security lady is acting funny and cautious around him like she obviously doesn't trust him. In the scene where he wakes up on the beach there are people walking around in the background, no one bothered to check on this guy if he was ok until he randomly sat up?
View Quote
The security lady scrolls through a deck of cards with "HVT"s on them, and Bernarnold is one of them......

Now, are those cards for people they need to find and SECURE, or people they need to find and CAPTURE/KILL?
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's some nasty sarcasm.  She's unpleasant to look at and can't act even with some pretty good lines, but you're being mean.z
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 12:51:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not sure that's true.  They must be partially organic.

Click To View Spoiler

Or something like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
I'm not sure that's true.  They must be partially organic.

Click To View Spoiler

Or something like that.
Oh yeah...

But what organic material would they be using to 3D print hosts? In all of the production scenes it looks like polymer.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oh yeah...

But what organic material would they be using to 3D print hosts? In all of the production scenes it looks like polymer.
View Quote
Who knows?  It's the future.  Or possibly the very distant past....  

I think at this point we should just go with the "more human than human" trope and assume the Hosts are physically human in every way that matters, except for the brain.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The security lady scrolls through a deck of cards with "HVT"s on them, and Bernarnold is one of them......

Now, are those cards for people they need to find and SECURE, or people they need to find and CAPTURE/KILL?
View Quote
What if the whole uprising is just another 'game?'
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
well, we saw for ed harris' character that it is a game for him.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#10]
just so i'm clear, what is considered a spoiler in this thread?

i assume anything we talk about on a current episode is GTG.

but are theories read about considered spoilers? are our own theories considered spoilers?

i personally hate when a show or movie is spoiled for me, i don't ever read reviews so i would hate to unknowingly spoil something for someone else.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Real content of future episodes is spoiler.

Real, verifiable, attributable, statements about future episodes or general direction by the writers, actors, or anyone directly involved is a spoiler.

Beyond that, I tend to spoiler anything that I consider as likely or probable.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Real content of future episodes is spoiler.

Real, verifiable, attributable, statements about future episodes or general direction by the writers, actors, or anyone directly involved is a spoiler.

Beyond that, I tend to spoiler anything that I consider as likely or probable.
View Quote
figured as much... thanks man..

looking forward to see where this season goes.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that's essentially what the child version of Ford told him.  The maze wasn't for him, but this (the hosts gaining awareness and killing the guests) is for him.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#14]
My wife and I talked about it a bit, we think bernard is the only host that is truly becoming alive the others are still in a loop
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My wife and I talked about it a bit, we think bernard is the only host tgat is truly becoming alive the others are still in a loop
View Quote
I could see that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#17]
ERW in that black dress.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 12:41:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Just re-watched S1E8, and I think Stubbs knows about Bernard.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#19]
This thread is slow. Wow
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 5:52:13 AM EDT
[#20]
S2E2 had a lot of information to digest.  I thought it was a good episode.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm interested to see what the weapon is that Delores knows about.  That was some huge machinery on the work site to build whatever it is.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm interested to see what the weapon is that Delores knows about.  That was some huge machinery on the work site to build whatever it is.
View Quote
I was guessing she was talking about a data center where they store the information about all the parks guests.  She'll use the data on all the humans against them or Delos somehow.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was guessing she was talking about a data center where they store the information about all the parks guests.  She'll use the data on all the humans against them or Delos somehow.
View Quote
That makes complete sense.  I was thinking a literal weapon and thinking literally is something I shouldn't do with anything regarding the show.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll be interested to see if they delve more into the tech behind Westworld.  The modern hosts appear to be almost entirely human except for the brain.  So it appears that medical technology exists which can heal any kind of physical injury (except possibly brain injuries since the hosts have mostly robotic brains).  Yet regular humans still seem to grow old and can even die from disease.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Watched yesterday’s episode.  Enjoyed it more then the first one of season two.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
bagger 288

Link Posted: 4/30/2018 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
The purpose of the parks is to replace the human guests, who comprise the world's ruling power elite, with hosts; a la, the original  Westworld sequel Futureworld.

Even the hosts personal habits and DNA are being replicated.

Speculation of course.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Ill check out the new episode tonight.

great show
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My wife and I talked about it a bit, we think bernard is the only host that is truly becoming alive the others are still in a loop
View Quote
I believe that Bernard is different from all the others due to his having a lot of Arnold's consciousness  within him.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The purpose of the parks is to replace the human guests, who comprise the world's ruling power elite, with hosts; a la, the original  Westworld sequel Futureworld.

Speculation of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speculation of course.
That very well may be Deloris' plan.  She did say something to the effect of taking over their (human) world too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Delores is 100% in a loop. All of the hosts are.

Do you remember at the end of last season when Bernard said to Maeve “These things you’re doing, have you ever stopped to question why you are doing them?”

My money is Ford is using them to destroy Delos.

It also appears the MIB and Delores’ motivations are the same, to destroy Delos/ the data the Park has collected.

The dinner party scene with Logan was great.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Delores is 100% in a loop. All of the hosts are.

Do you remember at the end of last season when Bernard said to Maeve “These things you’re doing, have you ever stopped to question why you are doing them?”

My money is Ford is using them to destroy Delos.

It also appears the MIB and Delores’ motivations are the same, to destroy Delos/ the data the Park has collected.

The dinner party scene with Logan was great.
View Quote
I agree the hosts are still in a loop, and I believe Ford didn't want Delos to succeed in its plan to take over control of the world by substituting hosts for the world's power elite.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd like to see how William goes from the guy with the very idea to create the "weapon" to the MIB wanting to destroy it.  There's a TON of transformation that has to happen there.....
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'd like to see how William goes from the guy with the very idea to create the "weapon" to the MIB wanting to destroy it.  There's a TON of transformation that has to happen there.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember when he was telling Teddy last season about how his wife killed herself because of him and about how he lost himself in the park? I bet he feels like the park turned him into someone that ended up destroying his life and his marriage.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Remember when he was telling Teddy last season about how his wife killed herself because of him and about how he lost himself in the park? I bet he feels like the park turned him into someone that ended up destroying his life and his marriage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it possible that William has himself been replaced with a host who is now the MIB.

I always figured him to be in a loop of his own.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:25:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is it possible that William has himself been replaced with a host who is now the MIB.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't that be crazy. I mean honestly, how can you tell hosts apart from humans other than cutting their head in half?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Don’t know if it deserves it’s own thread but I heard HBO announced season 3 is a go.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Don’t know if it deserves it’s own thread but I heard HBO announced season 3 is a go.
View Quote
It's been known for a while now that S3 was a go.  HBO waited until the season started though to make it "official."
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#40]
What if the loops are in a loop?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 11:09:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I recognized Gus Fring's voice and looked it up--yep, Giancarlo Esposito was El Lazo in the most recent episode. Too bad it was over so quickly.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 11:34:01 PM EDT
[#42]
All the below is just my own speculation:

I believe that Arnold wanted to actually create artificial life.  Independent, sentient life.  I think Ford wanted to take over the world.  Ford and the Board of Directors, that is.  William got so entranced with the place that it took over his whole life.  He lost everything that was 'real' because of it.  His whole life spent searching for hidden meaning was because if he gave up his whole 'real' life, he wanted it to be FOR something.  He slowly comes to the conclusion that there is no hidden meaning - it's all an elaborate 'life imitates art, art imitates life' stage play.  In the end, he decides that since it's now become 'real' for him, the only challenge to the game is to beat it - to burn it to the ground.

The hosts ARE all still in a loop.  They're following conflicting instructions left by Arnold before he died and Ford, before HE died.  Arnold realized that his creations were going to be used for nefarious purposes and so wanted them destroyed.  That's why he had to be killed in the first place.  Ford knew he was on his way out, and he resented the board for his ouster - he triggered the entire uprising as a final 'Fuck you!' to the board.  A 'if HE can't have them, then NOBODY can have them' play.

I doubt that very much of this is true, but I cant' wait to see if I'm at all close.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Wouldn't that be crazy. I mean honestly, how can you tell hosts apart from humans other than cutting their head in half?
View Quote
I wouldn't be too surprised to learn that Ford, having faked his own death by having a host substitute killed, is still alive and pulling the strings.

And the MIB is overly obsessed with discovering the riddle of the maze and the true purpose of the parks which IMO is another hint that he may be a host.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What if the loops are in a loop?
View Quote
They seem to use hyperloops underneath the park while acting out their loops.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I recognized Gus Fring's voice and looked it up--yep, Giancarlo Esposito was El Lazo in the most recent episode. Too bad it was over so quickly.
View Quote
I exclaimed, "Holy shit, it's Gus!" and my wife was like:
(She never got past Season 1 of Breaking Bad, poor thing)
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I should have rematched Season 1. The season 2 premier was confusing after such a long break.
View Quote
I binge-watched S1 a week before S2 started.

Considering the myriad of details, twists and turns in S1, it helped to have a fresh recollection while starting S2.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I binge-watched S1 a week before S2 started.

Considering the myriad of details, twists and turns in S1, it helped to have a fresh recollection while starting S2.
View Quote
Yep. I remember thinking during the recap intro to S2E1, this recap isn't helping much. Too much complex info for a two minute intro.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#49]
i like the show. but interesting characters make a great show. i dont think ww has it in that department. and tries to make up for it with complex plot arcs and mixing time sequences (post and current) and glitzy production.

this season, at least so far the plot has been a bit too complex and somewhat hard to follow. if it gets complicated enough, the audience will go 'meh'.

i still hope the weapon at the end of the rainbow is bagger 288, that would be kool....
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:19:07 PM EDT
[#50]
When Bernard is showing Delores his home, what country and city are they in? In the show that is.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top