Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

87 yards from a rested rifle?
View Quote
You can get a carcano cheap, at a gun show. Tell me that's a sniper rifle, with a 10 dollar tap and drilled 4x scope with loose screws and that wonderfully slick throw with a straight 90 bend and funky handle.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:12:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Oh, and where is the Limo now?
View Quote
Last I saw the limo it was in The Henry Ford Museum in Michigan. This was some 20 years ago though.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:15:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lon Scott did it, under the direction of a rogue CIA operative/supervisor.

"Be well."
View Quote
I understand that reference.

<-----See screen name

Where is the Tenth Black King?
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:17:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't buy the conspiracy theories. They tend to be total BS. The one explanation that sounds logical and makes the most sense is that the Soviets trained Oswald, sent him back to the US to assassinate President Kennedy, and later changed their mind after Kruschev got cold feet, just like he did during the Cuban Missile Crisis. I saw a documentary about the Cuban Missile Crisis and they interviewed Fidel Castro. Castro stated that he was ready to send some missiles with nuclear warheads into the US, but, that Kruschev folded and said no. Castro said that really pissed him off when Khruschev folded and ordered the missiles out of Cuba.

Oswald lost all of his support for the assassination plot to kill JFK and refused to stop, even after the Soviets backed off the plot and left him on his own. He refused to stop and they refused to even talk to him. This explains why he desperately tried to contact the Soviets and even went to the Cuban Embassy in Mexico City to try and contact the Soviets through them. Yet,  they refused to speak to him. Oswald went through with the assassination without support from the Soviets, which explains why he was caught. He had no backup or exfiltration.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:18:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You can get a carcano cheap, at a gun show. Tell me that's a sniper rifle, with a 10 dollar tap and drilled 4x scope with loose screws and that wonderfully slick throw with a straight 90 bend and funky handle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

87 yards from a rested rifle?
Who says he used the scope? It’s a relatively easy shot with irons for someone even mildly proficient
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:19:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And the Manhattan project.
And Operation Paperclip.
And Area 51, which they denied for decades.
And so on.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure if a lot of people keep asking about a thing, and you pinky promise that it doesn't exist, and refuse to admit it, that isn't the same exact thing as keeping it totally secret.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:20:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You ever shot a Carcano? That many shots on a moving target...
View Quote
I owned one for years. "Pretty good rifle" LOL

I mean, it does go bang most of the time. That's about it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:23:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is a Carcano really THAT inaccurate? I've never shot one and only seen a couple. To hear people on here talk, it's worse than a Mini-14.
View Quote
The one I had was, and it was bought from the same mail order source oswald got his, for $17.95 in 1960 by my dad.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:28:02 AM EDT
[#9]
it was the day after my 10 birthday, sure fucked that weekend up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:36:31 AM EDT
[#10]
But, hey I shot a running field mouse thirty feet away with an H&R 9 shot .22 snubby after I drew from an ankle holster and even I didn't believe it happened at first. I was just pissed the fuckers ate all my shift boot insulation. Impossible shots can happen.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:45:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I think they took him out because he was going coocoo.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:45:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Did someone already post the picture of the senator winking at a smiling LBJ on AF1? The photographer made mention that his view on US politics was forever scarred from his time on AF1 during the swear in. They pretty blatantly celebrated his death, right in front of Jacqueline.

https://s17.directupload.net/images/190701/8qrdp3gi.jpg

There's also that guy that proposed attacks on the US to blame Cuba. JFK fired him, LBJ appointed the guy head of the UN, then JFK got killed a short time after.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

I'm still of the belief that the CIA has been in bed (in a bad way) with almost every US president since Kennedy. Oswald pulled the trigger, but with all of the declassified stuff released after the 50 year mark, you really have to be naive if you think it wasn't an operation.
View Quote
Not a senator, but Representative Albert Thomas. Nonetheless, it wouldn't surprise me if the scumbucket LBJ at least had foreknowledge of the plot.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 1:38:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Michael Franzese on Joining Mafia, Stealing Millions, John Gotti, Michael Jordan (Full Interview)

Start at 1:08:00 if you want to hear about the JFK'ness

I suggest you watch the whole thing, which is this year. It's a 2019 interview.

Michael Franzese is the real deal. IMO. He's the closest thing to an objective source a fallen human can be, because he absolutely has nothing to gain and he was right there at the time. Conversely, he has a lot to lose.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 1:50:46 AM EDT
[#14]
The way I see it, there are at least three ways to keep a secret, of which one is not keeping it. Everything gets known, there are no secrets of note.

The second is really keeping it. It's so secret, no one even asks any questions around the fringe. This one is pretty much impossible with more than two or three people involved, and also almost never happened in history indefinitely. Eventually something always leaks.

The third one is almost always what's up and it's when you know shit is impossible to hide completely so you make sure there's a bunch of noise around it and no one can ever be sure absolutely because there's all this noise around everything that could be this or not or maybe it's something entirely else, and that's good enough to be going on with mostly, and that's why the concept of "The conspiracy theorist" exists.
You can't keep a conspiracy of umpteen thousand people totally secret, but it's fairly easy to throw so much bullshit around so that even the core leaders can't ever untangle it from the facts. Humpty Dumpty and all.

That's generally what's up. And there is no defense, either. All it takes is one or two insiders to be corrupt and it's on like donkey kong.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 2:07:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Another analogy, based on the absolute fact that entropy always increases overall, and that therefore when you decrease entropy at a specific point you add additional entropy at large, is this:

Is it easier to tangle Christmas tree lights or untangle them and return them to order?

You don't even have to expend effort to tangle them, that just happens. Well if the facts of the JFK issue were Christmas tree lights, imagine if there were people deliberately adding tangles, and pretty soon it can never be untangled. 56 years ago? Everyone dead, or almost everyone?

Shit.

The unredacted unsealed documents could say like Oswald wasn't even there, the shots were from a couple CIA dudes whose names were X and Y and here's the bona fides with video and stills and signed dying declarations and 87 witnesses blah blah and still 3 out of ten wouldn't believe it at this point.

Any dumbass can make ground beef from a live cow with a large woodchipper, but not even the greatest genius that ever lived can reassemble a live cow from a whole ground beef. Some processes only run one way forever.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 2:21:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Jesus couldn't even do that. He would miracle the cow back; He wouldn't try to reassemble the cow in the purely physical world.

What I'm saying is that if you add enough noise and confusion and uncertainty to an historical event, it's impossible to ever unconfuse it for sure. That's way easier than just keeping it all secret completely. Just make sure it can't ever be nailed down beyond a reasonable doubt.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 2:27:01 AM EDT
[#17]
You don't have to have everyone keep it a secret. It just needs to not be believed by the majority of people. The JFK assassination could be a conspiracy with whistle blowers, evidence, and full reveal of what really happened, but as long as most people don't believe it (or don't take action), then it doesn't matter. Take Hilary's emails. We all know she ran a private email server to do shady communication. We all know she intentionally deleted many emails. We all know there were many classified emails. We all know her IT guy asked reddit how to delete a bunch. This was all illegal. It was a conspiracy. It's not a secret. Yet nothing is done.

To pull off a successful operation at the highest level, all you need to is put out "one" explanation that "could" be true. It doesn't have to be true, and it definitely doesn't need to be provably true. It just needs to be a story people could accept as possibly true. You don't have to shut everyone up. You don't have to "make sure it doesn't get out." You just have to come out with some explanation for most people to say, "ok, that could happen."

When you are at the top, the burden of proof is not on you. Everyone else has to try to disprove your explanation. If they can't, or can't convince enough people, or can't get enough action against you, then you win.

I don't think it's really that hard to do.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 2:40:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You don't have to have everyone keep it a secret. It just needs to not be believed by the majority of people. The JFK assassination could be a conspiracy with whistle blowers, evidence, and full reveal of what really happened, but as long as most people don't believe it (or don't take action), then it doesn't matter. Take Hilary's emails. We all know she ran a private email server to do shady communication. We all know she intentionally deleted many emails. We all know there were many classified emails. We all know her IT guy asked reddit how to delete a bunch. This was all illegal. It was a conspiracy. It's not a secret. Yet nothing is done.

To pull off a successful operation at the highest level, all you need to is put out "one" explanation that "could" be true. It doesn't have to be true, and it definitely doesn't need to be provably true. It just needs to be a story people could accept as possibly true. You don't have to shut everyone up. You don't have to "make sure it doesn't get out." You just have to come out with some explanation for most people to say, "ok, that could happen."

When you are at the top, the burden of proof is not on you. Everyone else has to try to disprove your explanation. If they can't, or can't convince enough people, or can't get enough action against you, then you win.

I don't think it's really that hard to do.
View Quote
Yep. Trust me, if the Fathers didn't write  that whole pesky presumed innocent thing down, you'd be in court every other day trying to prove a negative. That's human nature. It's also real court in most countries even today.

And that means you can confuse history easily.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 2:46:23 AM EDT
[#19]
You don't have to write a falsifiable narrative that withstands scrutiny; that would be hard. But any retard can make sure that there's enough bullshit and noise, that no one can ever write a falsifiable narrative, yea, even unto the ends of the world, because destroyed historical records and farbled historical records are destroyed and farbled forever. It's not as if you can really recreate historical events perfectly, reality shows be damned.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 2:53:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Make sure you refresh and reread my post before quoting because I am drunk and edited it 4 times.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#21]
I was 11 at the time, almost 12. I didn't care too much to be honest. The girls at school all cried, the boys just shrugged.
If I was older, I may have paid more attention to what was coming, but I was too young.

I have no idea what really happened, but if I had to bet money I'd go with Oswald doing the shooting.

LBJ was a true scumbag, though, so anything is possible. He did more to wreck this country than almost anybody else, except of course the IL senator (D-Nairobi) who stunk up the White House for 2 terms.

A funny side note. A gun store I used to patronize had a Carcano on the shelf just like the one Oswald used. It sat there for a long time, price was $50. People have long memories I guess. The reputation of the rifles from WWII, and then being the instrument of JFK's death had it sitting there for a long time.

It finally sold, but it took a couple of years IIRC.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Anyone that comes close to galvanizing the people gets murdered.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do you know how you get to Carnegie Hall?
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#24]
I don’t think the Russians had anything to do with it. The way they backed down over The Cuban Missile Crisis demonstrates that they did not want a war with us. Taking part in assassinating a sitting president is a pretty good way to start a war.

I think Oswald was selected for the job because his Russian connections would make for a good red herring. I think Jack Ruby was sent in to do what he did by the same people who set Oswald in motion. It’s possible Oswald’s handlers posed as Russian operatives to fool him into thinking he was fighting for the cause.

I give it a 50/50 coin toss on either JBJ or the Federal Reserve being behind it. I doubt it was the mob, even at the height of their power they didn’t have the weight to make everything happen that needed to happen.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Some of the bullshit that is posted on this board is beyond belief. It's been more than 50 years since JFK was shot, and there are still people who think it was a fucking conspiracy.

The people who believe that crap obviously have no knowledge whatever of human behavior.

I can't remember who said it, but there is a quote that you JFK conspiracy buffs need to remember:

"Two people can keep a secret only if one of them is dead."

Don't any of you guys think that if there really was a conspiracy, that over the last 50 years that SOMEONE would have spilled the beans by now?
View Quote
It’s been over 50 years and the files are still sealed.

That says it all.

While it’s fun to say the government can’t keep secrets and sure they fail at times hundreds if not thousands of people a day keep their trap shut about the projects being worked on in black budget type facilities. Could a few dozen men with a lot to lose keep silent about their role in assassinating the president? Probably.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Do you know how you get to Carnegie Hall?
View Quote
Yes, yes, practice but it's a crap rifle. and Oswald din't practice.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
He probably acted alone, the shot and rate of fare are realistic.  Eye whiteness are notoriously unreliable.
View Quote
Eye whiteness *is* notoriously unreliable.  That is correct.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Col. Mustard, with the Carcano...in the library.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Years ago, I read an article from an ex CIA spook, who stated that it was the worst kept secret in the agency.

He claimed it was ex CIA contract agents (pissed about Bay of Pigs), financed with mob money (pissed about Bobby's crusade and Bay of Pigs.  They wanted Havana back.).

I'm not sure what to believe, but Oswald's background is a fucked up mess.  To me it looks like the background someone might have if they were being used by an agency to do shit, but wanted deniability and a throw away.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes. Oswald acted alone.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#32]
JFK, Elvis and Hitler are living out their fantasy on Mars. It's a wonderful place!
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Dude got shot in the head riding in a convertible.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll bet Brian Williams could tell us what really happened. He was probably there.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

From that suppository building.
View Quote
Private Snowball?
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#36]
The last and furthest shot was 265 feet (81 m), the distance of President Kennedy from the sixth floor window when he was struck in the head.

Shooting slightly downward at a clear slow moving target. I could make the shot today.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 2:34:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Doesn't look too hard:

"A CBS News Inquiry: The Warren Report" (1967) Rifle Tests Preview
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And Operation Paperclip.
And so on.
View Quote
None of those things were particularly well kept secrets, and NONE of them lasted for decades.
Stalin knew about the Manhattan Project before we dropped the first bomb.
The government still releases essentially no information about "Area 51," but its existence has been widely reported/known for decades.
Operation Paperclip received its name in November of 1945.  By the end of the year, reporters had interviewed several of the scientists involved in the program - the name might have been secret, but the idea that we were bringing scientists back from Germany was a pretty well known fact.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I cannot understand why Oswald was not immediately taken into federal custody.  He allegedly commits the ultimate federal crime--killing the president--and yet he is not immediately taken into super-secure federal custody.

Instead he's in the custody of the Dallas Police who let an armed person into their police station and allow him the opportunity to shoot Oswald

Oswald just happened to land a job at the book depisitory three months before the assassination.  And the parade route just happened to take place beneath Oswald's window.

When you look at it logically, it just stinks.
View Quote
This.

The thing that makes me consider the conspiracies is that Oswald got whacked the way he did.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Some of the bullshit that is posted on this board is beyond belief. It's been more than 50 years since JFK was shot, and there are still people who think it was a fucking conspiracy.

The people who believe that crap obviously have no knowledge whatever of human behavior.

I can't remember who said it, but there is a quote that you JFK conspiracy buffs need to remember:

"Two people can keep a secret only if one of them is dead."

Don't any of you guys think that if there really was a conspiracy, that over the last 50 years that SOMEONE would have spilled the beans by now?
View Quote
If the circle of conspirators is small enough and the rewards for silence are great enough, I have no problem believing a small group of people could keep something secret.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Yes.   Take the top three marksmen in the world(at that time) under employ by whomever/whatever secret agency and you'd know the answer.    You don't just piss off the mob, and foreign governments AND leave your SpecOps community hanging high and dry and expect nothing.

Quoted:
I'm a government hit believer.

Sorry
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#43]
I think Oswald was the sole shooter.  I don't think he was a lone wolf acting alone, the Jack Ruby connection and the circumstances under which he shot Oswald it seems very very implausible that there wasn't something going on behind the scenes.  I doubt we'll ever know for sure what really happened but I'm not losing sleep over it at this point.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#45]
There is exactly zero evidence that anyone except Oswald was shooting at JFK that day.

He was shooting at a vehicle moving slowly and almost directly away from him. The distance was short. There is no reason to believe he would have had any trouble making those shots. The wounds on Kennedy's body are consistent with being shot from someone in Oswald's position.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 2:35:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Last I saw the limo it was in The Henry Ford Museum in Michigan. This was some 20 years ago though.
View Quote
Still there. It has a roof on it though
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 4:38:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Oswald was the sole shooter.

The whole thing was financed and controlled by the Federal Reserve.  JFK had put out an executive order and was printing US notes in competition with the Fed.  Can't have that.

You can still find those US notes on EBay.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 8:10:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
None of those things were particularly well kept secrets, and NONE of them lasted for decades.
The government still releases essentially no information about "Area 51," but its existence has been widely reported/known for decades.
Operation Paperclip received its name in November of 1945.  By the end of the year, reporters had interviewed several of the scientists involved in the program - the name might have been secret, but the idea that we were bringing scientists back from Germany was a pretty well known fact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Operation Paperclip.
And so on.
This.  It's an excellent list of projects/programs/secrets that were not well protected or really all that secret at all.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sounds about right, and he got shut up real quick too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oswald was the shooter. But it was planned far in advance.
Sounds about right, and he got shut up real quick too.
Yes there are those who claim that 3 shots could not have been fired in that timeframe are almost definitely mistaken. This is an easy red herring that can be shown to be incorrect, therefore "debunking"  the "conspiracy theorists."

I wonder if there were documents released recently that discussed using this term to silence or make to look foolish those not walking the party line?

What is a conspiracy? Were 3 people involved in planning the murder?  From Where did the term "conspiracy theorist" come?  We're individuals at the highest levels of government discussing and sending memos regarding how to use this term to silence dissenters? Was that included in the formerly classified documents released under Trump?

Jack ruby must have been a superman ninja who loves this country so much that when he heard of the assassination he ran not walked to kill oswald. Ninja skills to know when and where to be and how to gain access to oswald must have been used.

These files must have been sealed for no reason. The church commission seemed to differ with the Warren report a slight bit.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I cannot understand why Oswald was not immediately taken into federal custody.  He allegedly commits the ultimate federal crime--killing the president--and yet he is not immediately taken into super-secure federal custody.

Instead he's in the custody of the Dallas Police who let an armed person into their police station and allow him the opportunity to shoot Oswald

Oswald just happened to land a job at the book depisitory three months before the assassination.  And the parade route just happened to take place beneath Oswald's window.

When you look at it logically, it just stinks.
View Quote
IIRC at that time it was not a federal crime to whack the POTUS.
It was Dallas PDs jurisdiction and the Feds illegally took it over.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top