Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Everyone spouting “YoU shoUlD hAve spEnt that mOneY oN traiNinG” assuming that everyone they say that to is a newb that didn’t grow up shooting and needs to give there hard earned money to some d-bag with a beard and tattoos
View Quote

I grew up shooting in our country backyard from age 10, shot smallbore on my college ROTC rifle team, enlisted in military, and still get something out of every training session I attend. For example, first fighting rifle course I attended my factory LMT BCG failed and my loctited weapon light fell off.

Maybe everyone is good to go, maybe not. Running a firearm under stress/ duress can be a whole different world from the range or even staged competitions. Something to consider.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Owning 87 rifles and none of them zero'ed.

This is why the first four hours of any basic carbine class sucks ass.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I’d like to dog out Costa for that runway model crap but that trip over there to Japan likely paid for his 1000 acre spot he lives on now so....
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Everyone spouting “YoU shoUlD hAve spEnt that mOneY oN traiNinG” assuming that everyone they say that to is a newb that didn’t grow up shooting and needs to give there hard earned money to some d-bag with a beard and tattoos
View Quote

I grew up shooting, but self defense techniques and tactics aren't something you just pick up.  It has to be taught, and it's always evolving.  There's a big difference between standing in a field and making shots on paper and actual self-defense training.  I started shooting at 3 and have never stopped.  It's been a lifelong passion, and the education I've gotten from trainers has greatly enhanced my ability to protect myself and others.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

"I grew up shooting" is the same thing as "Farm strength"

Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#6]
All of the previously mentioned gear queer shit people are strapping on their guns in an attempt to look all "operator"

Oh and 6.5 Creedmoor
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#7]

The stupid hold in the top gif.

BTW WTF dude on stage muzzle sweeping a whole fucking crowd...
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:21:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Everybody who does the "you should have spent that money on training" thing assumes that I can't afford both.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Oh and 6.5 Creedmoor
View Quote

You don't like it because it's popular, and it's popular because it's a good cartridge?  Makes sense, lol.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds you need training
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#11]
There are numerous aspects of the "AR world" that are all sorts of retarded

1.) It seems that 90% of training classes/drills/etc center around ultra high speed CQC/kicking down doors. While it may be fun, for 99.9% of the population they will never ever be kicking down doors and sprinting around shooting through windows and they're really just paying large amounts of money to LARP as Seal Team 6.

2.) Dickriding of brands just because they have a presence in military contracts. An example would be Surefire, who buy the same Chinese components that Streamlight and Olight use, but assemble them in CA and charge a 400% premium. In that same realm, people getting red in the face ranting about how a $700 red dot sight (Aimpoint) is massively superior to other options that cost 50-70% less, with their justification resting on "well the military uses them" and referencing some obscure instance of ____ item getting beat up and still working.

3.) The elitist attitude centering around "if you have anything less than a KAC Mod-2 and SB short dot then lol at you". This does provide ironic humor though because i've witnessed several instances where the smug dispenser of those sentiments has a fupa and sweat stains under his man tits and would probably need his inhaler and a medic after about 10 minutes of SHTF
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Everyone spouting "YoU shoUlD hAve spEnt that mOneY oN traiNinG" assuming that everyone they say that to is a newb that didn't grow up shooting and needs to give there hard earned money to some d-bag with a beard and tattoos
View Quote
I've seen more optic-stomping truck-shooting people-down-range rolling on the ground type "trainers" than I have people who know wtf they're doing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

1.) It seems that 90% of training classes/drills/etc center around ultra high speed CQC/kicking down doors. While it may be fun, for 99.9% of the population they will never ever be kicking down doors and sprinting around shooting through windows and they're really just paying large amounts of money to LARP as Seal Team 6.

2.) Dickriding of brands just because they have a presence in military contracts. An example would be Surefire, who buy the same Chinese components that Streamlight and Olight use, but assemble them in CA and charge a 400% premium. In that same realm, people getting red in the face ranting about how a $700 red dot sight (Aimpoint) is massively superior to other options that cost 50-70% less, with their justification resting on "well the military uses them" and referencing some obscure instance of ____ item getting beat up and still working.

3.) The elitist attitude centering around "if you have anything less than a KAC Mod-2 and SB short dot then lol at you". This does provide ironic humor though because i've witnessed several instances where the smug dispenser of those sentiments has a fupa and sweat stains under his man tits and would probably need his inhaler and a medic after about 10 minutes of SHTF
View Quote

You sound like a “just a good”

Certain things ARE better than others.  KAC/LMT IS better than PSA.

Nightforce/Trijicon products ARE better then holosun and Primary Arms
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's his patented hold...which is very useful when you are standing on the heaving deck of a Coast Guard cutter, trying to defend yourself against terrorists swimming toward you.  Or against jellyfish.  Those fuckers can sting.

He's in Japan, where the four rules don't apply...because it's all airsoft.  And they are paying him well to do it.

He probably got more tail on that trip than most people in GD have gotten in their lives.

Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:52:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That shit cracks me up. When I bought my first AR I wanted a VFG and the store owner talked me out of it because he insisted I should use it this way. After one range trip I realized I couldn't ever respect that guys opinion again.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Better" is completely subjective, and expecting a $3000 rifle to have the same specs as a $700 one is not realistic. However trying to convince everyone that your $3000 rifle with extra special gas system is going to destroy a basic DI carbine is laughable and been proven false by countless tests

If Trijicon is "BETTER" than Holosun, why do Holsuns RDS's shit all over them in testing and user feedback?
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

What are your favorite Holosun and Inforce models?
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#19]
People that support the 2nd ammendment, BUT...

not pistol braces, or bumpstocks, or anything else 2nd ammendment and freedom related...
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's his patented hold...which is very useful when you are standing on the heaving deck of a Coast Guard cutter, trying to defend yourself against terrorists swimming toward you.  Or against jellyfish.  Those fuckers can sting.

He's in Japan, where the four rules don't apply...because it's all airsoft.  And they are paying him well to do it.

He probably got more tail on that trip than most people in GD have gotten in their lives.

https://i.imgur.com/Ozfu6cA.jpg
View Quote

I've seen a lot of people using his hold these days.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What are your favorite Holosun and Inforce models?
View Quote

I've been enjoying the 503R, prefer it in every way to the MRO and T1 i previously owned, dot is crisper than the T1 and none of the blue tint and weird sight picture i had on the MRO, haven't had a problem with it in the ~6 months i've been using it. I've never used Inforce, I recently picked up an Olight Odin and while being the same size it's much brighter than the M600DF it replaced.

I'm sure someone will be along to tell me that both are going to fall apart tomorrow and i should stop being poor and go buy ___ brand "just because"
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've seen a lot of people using his hold these days.
View Quote

It was the rage for some time...allowing you to "drive the gun" between close-in targets.  In fact, I thought that's where the longer rail fad came from.  I know they also have value for barrier support and getting a light closer to the muzzle and reducing shadow, but that didn't seem to be the conversation at the time.

But Costa seems like a decent enough guy.  He doesn't seem to take himself too seriously...and if some folks want to give me a wheelbarrow full of money to act tacticool on stage, hold my beer.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#23]
gun jewelry
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#24]
FDE

There I said it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I can understand paint schemes and themes even though I feel it reduces value.  I'm gonna need a moment to mull over the charms. Um, not sure how to say this, but, um, I'm not sure I like how it's making me feel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I can understand paint schemes and themes even though I feel it reduces value.  I'm gonna need a moment to mull over the charms. Um, not sure how to say this, but, um, I'm not sure I like how it's making me feel.

Link Posted: 10/12/2020 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This is why the first four hours of any basic carbine class sucks ass.
View Quote

That and over-priced, unneeded muzzle brakes, some that push the muzzle down too far and disturb the sight picture more than a bare muzzle or cheap, simple flash hider.

If you aren’t shooting a heavy recoiling caliber AR, at a distance where it’s useful to have an adequate optic to spot your own trace, or if you aren’t a top 3-gun competitor pulling off near full-auto speed splits, most shooters are better off with a flash hider, or even a bare muzzle.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Salad days + work + baby = and online ordering

And now its too expensive to shoot to zero them in because of the ammo crisis
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Anything skeletonized.

This includes handguns.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 11:32:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
$1.50/round for 5.56

That's the dumbest trend, ever.
View Quote

It will probably get worse.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
FDE

There I said it.
View Quote

Coyote Brown > FDE
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah, I've never even heard of that... wtf?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What?  The?  Fuck?

Right?

https://youtu.be/ZQFAAksfRg8
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

The "just as gud", "just as good" people.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#34]
mlok
WHITE LIGHTS

ir lasers with  no NODS & VISA VERSA.     3 point slings

all are various levels of stupid

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 2:53:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
mlok
WHITE LIGHTS

ir lasers with  no NODS & VISA VERSA.     3 point slings

all are various levels of stupid

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 3:11:39 AM EDT
[#36]
this is pretty retarded and in 300bo to boot.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 3:20:23 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Designed to help people with disabilities and mobility issues.  Might be weird, but they have a purpose.  The concept is good anyhow, but when their photos have a scope mounted sideways...

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 3:21:33 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
Wtf is that?
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 3:28:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Law tactical folding stock as it's not like it can be shot open continually, and it's a load of metal weight added to the build.

Just pin and unpin a regular damn set up, or go with the brownells brn 180
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 3:29:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Elftmann Tactical Dual Enhancement Trigger.

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 3:34:12 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't get people who put fucking long range optics on AR pistols.

I thought the entire purpose of a pistol was to get a compact, maneuverable gun that you can operate operationally with.

Putting a strike eagle or other optic on a 10.5 just seems stupid. You loose the advantage of the optic by handicapping yourself with the shorter barrel length.

And even more baffling then that, is the same people who then but a shit tier bi-pod on it. I seent it
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 3:40:34 AM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What?  The?  Fuck?

Right?

https://youtu.be/ZQFAAksfRg8

That's actually really interesting.
My girlfriend had the tip of her index finger amputated in an accident when she was a teenager.
She learned to cope & does most of her shooting left handed but something like this might be good for her.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:01:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Offset red dots with an LPVO. Why not get better magnification and a better eye box if you're not going to use the low power side.
View Quote

I've got that setup on my .300 Blk. It allows me to have two different zeros, which is useful with that chambering. The LPVO is set up for subs. The offset red dot is set up for supers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:10:17 AM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes

Considering the brand on the scope, it's probably NV or thermal. (ETA:  it's a Pulsar Thermion, which is thermal) That'd be a hell of a setup for night hunts of pigs or coyotes, and a lot of those guys spend extreme amounts of money on their gear.

I suspect that's paintballers getting into ARs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:21:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Considering the brand on the scope, it's probably NV or thermal. (ETA:  it's a Pulsar Thermion, which is thermal) That'd be a hell of a setup for night hunts of pigs or coyotes, and a lot of those guys spend extreme amounts of money on their gear.

View Quote

I get thats its a 2.5 to 15 thermal optic. But it's got a short ass barrel and really short stock. I guess my main issue is stock and proper cheek weld and lop.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:24:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I get thats its a 2.5 to 15 thermal optic. But it's got a short ass barrel and really short stock. I guess my main issue is stock and proper cheek weld and lop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.300 Blk does just fine out of short barrels. If he's hunting with subs, then a long barrel is a bit of a detriment. As far as LOP, that's a collapsible stock. There's a small button on the rear to extend it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:32:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
He's not "holding" the rifle. He is running the weapons platform. How do you expect to run a platform with a passive hold?
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:33:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

.300 Blk does just fine out of short barrels. If he's hunting with subs, then a long barrel is a bit of a detriment. As far as LOP, that's a collapsible stock. There's a small button on the rear to extend it.
View Quote

Ok thanks. Yes 300bo out of short barrel is fine ig for up closer. I did not know anything about the stock or optic. We learn things every day right.

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 5:25:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My brother from another mother right here.

They’re all minute of hallway which is good enough right now.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 5:59:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Am I the only one still using them? Works remarkably well with my Redi-Mod.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I wouldn't say it's a current trend, but I always thought BAD levers were ridiculous.

Am I the only one still using them? Works remarkably well with my Redi-Mod.

Nope.  I still use them.  I never understood the hate.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top