Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
personal experience>first hand accounts>second hand accounts>third hand accounts>heresay(which is all you can provide even wit.h your mythical contacts)

The burden of proof is not on me, it's on you. My experience is reflected by the vast majority of the users on here that have the rifle, and haven't had any issues with any optics. You are making extraordinary claims contrary to the experience of many.....that requires extraordinary evidence...of which heresay is not.

When you have a rifle in your possession that has destroyed an optic, please come back and join the adult conversation, till then the poor boy AR tech threads are over in <-------- this direction.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In 7.62, nothing else really even comes close to the total package of the scar 17s

It's so much better that people feel the need to make up the mythical "optics eating" bull shit.

In 5.56, there are so many flavors of the AR, that there really isn't a viable reason to change to anything else.

That "bullshit" is well documented. .mil had to have optics and electronic devices redesigned.

Did you even read the "scars eat optics" thread?

Of course they don't eat nightforces.

Please post up links to all this "documentation". heresay does not equal documentation.

My 17s failed to "eat" "dislodge" or "change zero" on a piece of shit bushnell trophy 3-9x and equally craptastic rings I used for a impromptu hunting trip, and some range trips that consisted of about 500 rounds. (flame away, I'm poor and only have so many nice pieces of glass and I let my hunting buddies use those on their loaners)

If the military shit, isn't up to bushnell 99$ craptastic quality....yeah....they should prolly be redesigned.

Awesome, so by your own standard of judgment, your experience is not of value to the discussion.

personal experience>first hand accounts>second hand accounts>third hand accounts>heresay(which is all you can provide even wit.h your mythical contacts)

The burden of proof is not on me, it's on you. My experience is reflected by the vast majority of the users on here that have the rifle, and haven't had any issues with any optics. You are making extraordinary claims contrary to the experience of many.....that requires extraordinary evidence...of which heresay is not.

When you have a rifle in your possession that has destroyed an optic, please come back and join the adult conversation, till then the poor boy AR tech threads are over in <-------- this direction.

So yea, basically you confirm your sample size of one, being an anonymous nobody on the internet, means you your accounts are worth to me, what mine are to you.

If I look for adult conversation, I'll skip coming to you since you offer nothing.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Rail, free floated barrel, telescoping stock......... I guess they don't fold.

http://i62.tinypic.com/x3y41y.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/f4heme.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But that 7.3 pounds INCLUDES rails and a free-floated barrel, as well as a telescope and folding stock.

To get all those features on an AR, it will weigh more than 7.3 pounds.

Is that a gross scar 17 brake on there?
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:50:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Its a PWS brake, which comes on SCARs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that a gross scar 17 brake on there?

Its a PWS brake, which comes on SCARs.

Uh, from a gross piston-contaminated company.  Why did you do it RA?
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Im freeing it from its evil origins, that AR is also in 5.45.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am giving them DI liberty.

ALL HAIL THE LIBERATOR!

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the same brake on my .556 PWS and I love it.  But on the scar 17 it was like shooting a mini-barrett.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Can someone tell me why I'd want my stock to fold?
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
So you can properly drive the platform during volumetrically challenged engagement scenarios.

Duh.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Chicks dig it dude.

Homer Carlton from the 1994 Steven Seagal classic On Deadly Ground summed it up nicely:

Homer Carlton: [about his machine gun] Well, what do you think? Stock in or out?

Mercenary: I don't think it's going to make much difference.

Homer Carlton: Well, I do, see. 'Cause when it's out I kinda feel like a pussy, you know what I'm saying. And when it's in, it just feels like, I don't know, meaner or something and when I kill the son of a bitch I wanna feel good about myself. I wanna feel solid.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But that 7.3 pounds INCLUDES rails and a free-floated barrel, as well as a telescope and folding stock.

which one shoots 7.62*51?

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:12:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The 5.56 SCAR weighs 7.3lbs
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The 7.62 weighs 7.9

We were talking about the 5.56 one obviously. SCARs need to come with "Reading and You!" pamphlet I guess.

The SCAR that best compares to the majority of 7.62 ARs is 10.69 lbs.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fits in a smaller bag, or case.  That's all I've used it for.  Especially if you SBR it.  I've seen some of the AF pj's with the stock folded when they just have it slung.

You can take the boot off and put any kind of stock on it as well - which doesn't fold IIRC.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Bad design is bad. Does not matter who gets the blame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
JSOC bought a bunch of the 16s and nobody wanted to keep them. So for quite a few guys the M4 was better regardless of price.

That's incorrect.

SOCOM had to directly fund the SCAR purchase with SOCOM money.  They get M-4s paid for by big Army...aka free.  

In a world of smaller budgets, they could get free M-4s and still have money for special NODs and whatnot.

The SCAR is more reliable, accurate, modular, and has a longer service life as verified by the acceptance testing.
 It is not free...

Reciprocating charging handle, hard-to-find replacement parts, limited rail space (expensive and heavy add-on), aaand bulky. That last one is subject to shooter/operator opinion.

The charging handle is what DOD asked for...as is the rail space.

It's easy to modify as needed.

Bad design is bad. Does not matter who gets the blame.

There is nothing wrong with a side charging handle as demonstrated by numerous successful weapons that use one...fixed or not.  Its different, not bad.  The fact that so called educated people can't adapt is sad.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#17]
side charging piston guns are just a passing fad.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

There is nothing wrong with a side charging handle as demonstrated by numerous successful weapons that use one...fixed or not.  Its different, not bad.  The fact that so called educated people can't adapt is sad.  

View Quote
To be fair, those designs that successfully utilized a reciprocating handle did so with the handle not so far forward that it would more easily impact barriers and support structures during firing this causing a stoppage.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:15:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why isn't your lower paired with an appropriate Mega billet upper?

Seriously I wonder if it'd stay under 7 pounds though.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
ROFL...

trolling...  

Go read the other thread (scars eat optics) I shared everything I'm going to in that one.

If you're connected to the SF community or shooting industry in any way you can probably verify what I said pretty easy.  

IF not...  well, then I guess you'll never know for sure and be left with nothing but projection.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Let end this debate.Since our sacred cows have been gored, bless us with some proof of your vast knowledge so that we may bask in your all knowing presence.

...and not another worthless interoffice email that your buddy has been sending out to everyone for the last two years.

Show us something from Crane or SOCOM.

...please don't come back and tell us that you can't because it is some classified internal document...
because if that is the case,then why did your SPECIAL FRIEND risk his job by telling you since you have nothing to do with the company...

...or keep up your trolling....as bad as it is.....
ROFL...

Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Find the link, present the evidence, and let's see what the issue is. No one has yet to do that yet. Why not?
Maybe because it's hard to link to actual conversations with real people in the know?

Guess that's what sucks about actually knowing people in the industry, there's no way to use inside knowledge to "prove" yourself right in an internet argument because there's nothing to link to.

Oh well.  Guess it beats not knowing and always having to ask.

trolling...  

Go read the other thread (scars eat optics) I shared everything I'm going to in that one.

If you're connected to the SF community or shooting industry in any way you can probably verify what I said pretty easy.  

IF not...  well, then I guess you'll never know for sure and be left with nothing but projection.

This sums up your nonsense from the other thread. Not once did you make a post that resembles anything other than imprudent hogwash.

You keep running around here wanting people to believe that you are part of the SF / Insider community with your cl-ASS-ified (improvement program) info.

I wish his company well, and hope that he achieves what he set forth to do. After the fiasco at the FN forum, I wish he was smart enough to keep his own house in order.
People like you deface what reputation that he had left in the civilian markets. To make matters worse, are you even a part of his company?

I digress...have at it. Do what you feel is necessary to achieve internet hero status.

As far as you and I are concerned, I am done with you.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Chicks dig it dude.

Homer Carlton from the 1994 Steven Seagal classic On Deadly Ground summed it up nicely:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Chicks dig it dude.

Homer Carlton: [about his machine gun] Well, what do you think? Stock in or out?

Mercenary: I don't think it's going to make much difference.

Homer Carlton: Well, I do, see. 'Cause when it's out I kinda feel like a pussy, you know what I'm saying. And when it's in, it just feels like, I don't know, meaner or something and when I kill the son of a bitch I wanna feel good about myself. I wanna feel solid.

lol, I hope that shit's on Netflix because I wanna watch it tonight.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
This sums up your nonsense from the other thread. Not once did you make a post that resembles anything other than imprudent hogwash.

Ok.  No sweat off my back, take it at face value. I was just offering what I could that was germane to the conversation.  

You keep running around here wanting people to believe that you are part of the SF / Insider community with your cl-ASS-ified (improvement program) info.

I never said I was part of the SF community, only that I talk to people that are. I never said I had any classified info, I said if you're really a green beret you could probably get it, or have the experience.  You could even email his company direclty with a .mil  email adress to get the inside scoop. Are you not a real green beret?

I wish his company well

Sure doesn't sound like it.

and hope that he achieves what he set forth to do.

Getting closer all the time.

After the fiasco at the FN forum, I wish he was smart enough to keep his own house in order.

Don't have a clue about any of that.

People like you deface what reputation that he had left in the civilian markets.

ROFL, if you only knew the truth   I don't deal with him or his company.

To make matters worse, are you even a part of his company?

How would that make it worse?  For the record I'm not.

I digress...have at it. Do what you feel is necessary to achieve internet hero status.

By continuing to have rational level headed discussions with people with the occasional tongue in cheek responses?  Works for me.

No you're not, you're too desperate for attention.  If it's not this post, it'll be another one.  I know your type pretty well by now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Ok.  No sweat off my back, take it at face value. I was just offering what I could that was germane to the conversation.  

I never said I was part of the SF community, only that I talk to people that are. I never said I had any classified info, I said if you're really a green beret you could probably get it, or have the experience.  You could even email his company direclty with a .mil  email adress to get the inside scoop. Are you not a real green beret?

I wish his company well

Sure doesn't sound like it.

and hope that he achieves what he set forth to do.

Getting closer all the time.

After the fiasco at the FN forum, I wish he was smart enough to keep his own house in order.

Don't have a clue about any of that.

People like you deface what reputation that he had left in the civilian markets.

ROFL, if you only knew the truth   I don't deal with him or his company.

To make matters worse, are you even a part of his company?

How would that make it worse?  For the record I'm not.

By continuing to have rational level headed discussions with people with the occasional tongue in cheek responses?  Works for me.

No you're not, you're too desperate for attention.  If it's not this post, it'll be another one.  I know your type pretty well by now.

People like you are hilarious, narrow minded and short sighted.  

You could have easily just let time go by, and see if anything I had said comes to pass.

Instead you challenge it, based on what?  Nothing more than the fact you don't like what I have to say.
Good luck with that.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#23]
The Aug is better than any 5.56 AR or scar L anyway.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

Too bad the Aug is getting replaced.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

You win 87 Trolling points, bro.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You'll need to include more detail for that to make any kind of sense

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just being a smartass about the F88 (Steyr Aug) being replaced by the STG-556 (the Aug's replacement).

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just being a smartass about the F88 (Steyr Aug) being replaced by the STG-556 (the Aug's replacement).

I see. Sooooo..whatcha drinkin?

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Im still trying to figure out why everyone is busting a nut about the folding stock. There has not been one good reason brought up, but yet every body uses it in the "whats it do good" category.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The tears of a Trekkie who was a bit butthurt and jealous of people who lift weights.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Im still trying to figure out why everyone is busting a nut about the folding stock. There has not been one good reason brought up, but yet every body uses it in the "whats it do good" category.
View Quote
So it fits through the lockout hatch.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a fancy name for basement window.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The 7.62 weighs 7.9

We were talking about the 5.56 one obviously. SCARs need to come with "Reading and You!" pamphlet I guess.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 7.62 weighs 7.9

My M16A2 came with "Math for Marines."
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I wish his company well, and hope that he achieves what he set forth to do. After the fiasco at the FN forum, I wish he was smart enough to keep his own house in order.
People like you deface what reputation that he had left in the civilian markets. To make matters worse, are you even a part of his company?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let end this debate.Since our sacred cows have been gored, bless us with some proof of your vast knowledge so that we may bask in your all knowing presence.

...and not another worthless interoffice email that your buddy has been sending out to everyone for the last two years.

Show us something from Crane or SOCOM.

...please don't come back and tell us that you can't because it is some classified internal document...
because if that is the case,then why did your SPECIAL FRIEND risk his job by telling you since you have nothing to do with the company...

...or keep up your trolling....as bad as it is.....
ROFL...

Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Find the link, present the evidence, and let's see what the issue is. No one has yet to do that yet. Why not?
Maybe because it's hard to link to actual conversations with real people in the know?

Guess that's what sucks about actually knowing people in the industry, there's no way to use inside knowledge to "prove" yourself right in an internet argument because there's nothing to link to.

Oh well.  Guess it beats not knowing and always having to ask.

trolling...  

I don't know enough about this topic to choose sides in this debate, but I am curious if you are, or were, a Special Forces soldier?
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
it would be well used in a PSD role in and out of vehicles and concealing it under a jacket with a 13" barrel.....but other than that i have no idea.. i never use the folding stock on my 17

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:38:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
it would be well used in a PSD role in and out of vehicles and concealing it under a jacket with a 13" barrel.....but other than that i have no idea.. i never use the folding stock on my 17  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just use the folding stock on my 17 to fit inside  a backpack.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you can more easily climb out of the hatch on your tank.    Duh  

Kind of funny how paratroopers jumped out of planes with Garands and BAR's.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 12:21:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's about the only thing I've done with it as well, and admittedly it's not a feature that means much to me.

I could see anyone wanting to be discrete, enjoying the smaller folded footprint for all types of different sports bags.

Being able to fit into a smaller container/area, is always better than not being able to.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 12:44:09 AM EDT
[#39]
but Video games tell me the SCAR does more damage than any AR/AK style rifle so I believe that

<Call of Duty/shooter generation.

The SCAR does look a lot easier to disassemble though
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 12:56:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Why does everyone hate Handel Defense? Apparently, I missed something.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 1:23:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Why does everyone hate Handel Defense? Apparently, I missed something.
View Quote
IDK, it's crazy really.

The AR gets updated and improved over the years and everybody loves it.

The SCAR gets one guy who takes input from SOF guys and designs a new part and everyone flips their shit.  

I went so far as to google it, and apparently the primary source of hate stems from the website who's owner is designing a competing product.  
I know Handl...  I hope his company does well because it's employing people I know and trying to produce a part to solve known problems that effect other people I know, but personally?  Don't care for him.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 3:51:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is double triple derp.

1. New Zealand's military just announced it was replacing it's AUGs.

2. The F88, nicknamed the "AuSteyr" is the Australian-made AUG. Australia has announced no plans to replace it, but the Australian Special Operations Command (SAS and 2d & 3d Commando Regiments) use the M4A5 (what they call a M4A1 - their tankers and some helo crews use it too).

3. The "STG-556" is a US-made AUG 'clone' made (or formerly made) by Microtech Small Arms Research (MSAR), part of Microtech (the knife copany).
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:07:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 5:24:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And M16, M60, M14 and M4s
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 5:25:39 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And tanks.  They did it with tanks too.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 6:22:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Can anyone provide any documentation that the claims made regarding the miscounting of stoppages for the M4 during the dust test are true". I have heard this before, but it has never been proved, to my knowledge, beyond the internet hearsay level.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 6:55:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speaking of matching Mega billet, see I'm not just into gross pistons:

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Folding tank?

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Folding tank?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Folding tank?  

A compact tank with a folding barrel and front side armor for the crew like a Hellcat?  
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Things I like about the SCAR. I like the charging handle for locking the bolt back and doing malfunction drills. I like the stock cause I can fold it and stick it in my pack. Also think it's very comfortable compared to any AR stock I've used. I like that it runs very clean and has been super reliable. Not that my AR15s haven't been reliable. Only thing I don't really care for is the trigger but that can be fixed for a few hundred bucks. Far as destroying optics? Well I don't shoot full auto and if my optic breaks I'll find one that works on it. I have grown to prefer a SCAR over a AR15 but still love shooting and using them to.
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top