BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#1]
1-Its a brand name- you can't get it from 100 other manufacturers
2-No Carrier Tilt
3-All SCARs have the same piston system.
4-BUIS are included

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Half this thread reminds me of two little kids on the play ground saying "I know something you don't!"  Seriously who gives a fuck here's a cookie and shut your condicensing hole kid.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Half this thread reminds me of two little kids on the play ground saying "I know something you don't!"  Seriously who gives a fuck here's a cookie and shut your condicensing hole kid.
View Quote
Don't you have a special ops pic thread to attend?

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have my minions attending it. Its summer time I can troll for lake trout no need to do it online. When its cold and hunting season over, well thats another story.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought everybody sold their Scars to non GD people on EE, about 2 months ago. The bust was over, or so I was led to believe.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have my minions attending it. Its summer time I can troll for lake trout no need to do it online. When its cold and hunting season over, well thats another story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's going on in your avator??

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wolf of Wall Street....coke off a hookers ass
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Winning!

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why does everyone hate Handel Defense? Apparently, I missed something.
View Quote

When Handl came out with their SCAR lower they made a big push at the FNforum.

Some of the members purchased the Handl lower but had problems with them. These members posted
photos of the lowers that they were having issues with. It wasn't the same issue on a lower. There were
different problems that came up. Handl was attempting to correct issues by having owners send the lowers
back to them. A few members still had issues with the replacement lower.

Some of the members posted unflattering email responses from Handl in regards to these problems.

Then a wave of newly created shill accounts started popping up to try and support Handl, but the FNforum
members saw through this and turned against Handl. There were even new members who stated that
they were working for Handl. One of them messaged me and said that he was former SF and tried to vet
himself with me by telling me the names of a few soldiers that died in combat, and said  that he was on a team
with them. They continued to try and use being a part of the SF community as a reason to accept their
product. This was not from Handl, but from someone who said the they work directly for Handl.

From what was said to me and posted at the forum, Handl has been trying to get a SOCOM / Government /Crane
contract / vendor  regarding the MK (Whatever) Mod (Whatever) SCAR Improvement program. Handl has some new
products and a redesigned SCAR lower. If they get the contract, kudos to them. Won't affect me or the civilian
market. Unless Handl decides to delve into again with their products. As one of their employees stated here on
AR15.com, Handl is afraid of "getting burned" in the civilian market again.

A company that is above board does not need internet shills to push their product. The product should speak
for itself. All of these employees passing on internal company information to friends of friends and industry
insiders, and them having them jump on forums telling people they have a secret is ridiculous. What does
that say about the people that work for you?
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Some of the members purchased the Handl lower but had problems with them. These members posted

photos of the lowers that they were having issues with. It wasn't the same issue on a lower. There were

different problems that came up. Handl was attempting to correct issues by having owners send the lowers

Some of the members posted unflattering email responses from Handl in regards to these problems.
Then a wave of newly created shill accounts started popping up to try and support Handl, but the FNforum

members saw through this and turned against Handl. There were even new members who stated that

they were working for Handl. One of them messaged me and said that he was former SF and tried to vet

himself with me by telling me the names of a few soldiers that died in combat, and said  that he was on a team

with them. They continued to try and use being a part of the SF community as a reason to accept their

product. This was not from Handl, but from someone who said the they work directly for Handl.
From what was said to me and posted at the forum, Handl has been trying to get a SOCOM / Government /Crane

contract / vendor  regarding the MK (Whatever) Mod (Whatever) SCAR Improvement program. Handl has some new

products and a redesigned SCAR lower. If they get the contract, kudos to them. Won't affect me or the civilian

market. Unless Handl decides to delve into again with their products. As one of their employees stated here on

A company that is above board does not need internet shills to push their product. The product should speak

for itself. All of these employees passing on internal company information to friends of friends and industry

insiders, and them having them jump on forums telling people they have a secret is ridiculous. What does

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does everyone hate Handel Defense? Apparently, I missed something.

Awesome you mention that.  Here's some comments from ToS;

"There are some pretty bad reports over on the FN forum. The Handl lowers are not very popular.

One of the vendors over there has been developing his own PMAG compatable lower that fixes many of the problems encountered.

They new lowers are supposed to drop in a few months.

If you were planning on buying a new lower, read up on here and make a more informed decision: (fn forum link)"
And a response;

"#1 the bad reports are coming form a site OWNED (figuratively) by a
direct competitor, where he gets competitors banned after he slanders
them and/or thier products, Handl and IWC are just two

#2 that vendor developed his lower based directly off of information received from the reverse engineering of the Handl lower"
A third response...
"In another story, I directly confronted this competitor and he did not
deny anything that has been stated in this thread. He has free reign
without the possibility of confrontation or accountability. FnFourms is
very much a kleptocracy, a place where the masses are manipulated for
the financial success of a few. If you have a product that one of the
select is competing against, do not expect to farewell there, look at
what happened to IWC there.

They are trying to corner the SCAR market by slandering the competition
on the primary FN based site on the net. It is tolerated, it is
supported, and endorsed by the ownership. Anything for a buck I guess is
one way to live your life.
"
So...  There's that. Sounds like the FNfourm has it's collective head up it's ass.

And you feel like you have an authoritative opinion why?

Also, since you're a Green Beret, you should have EASILY been able to vet that guys service right? Maybe he thought becuase you're a Green Beret you would have known the guys?
For everyone else.

The same thread has info and back story from one of the SOF guys that helped develop it.  Google up My-review-of-the-Handl-Defense-SCAR-25-lower...
Sounds like the Fnfourm guys are as bad or worse than ToS when it comes to cleaning house to maintain conformation bias, make money, and shut out competition.
TL;DR The guy who runs FNforums created a competing business with Handl based on backwards engineering the Handl lower. Green Beret wants to make it sound like fnforum posters should be listened to as anything other than a highly biased source.  

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#13]
So, does the Handl lower fix all the SCAR 'issues'? Handl implants started all the optics breaking rumors and have perpetuated it. It didn't stick over in FN forums and it didn't stick here.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey now, I'm guilty of that shit.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

So, does the Handl lower fix all the SCAR 'issues'? Handl implants started all the optics breaking rumors and have perpetuated it. It didn't stick over in FN forums and it didn't stick here.
View Quote
Except for the members here that discussed their issues with optics.

How does your theory jive with a quote from DocGKR?

Quoted:
quote:

"The mass of he SCAR bolt has long
been a point of discussion within the community. I have repeatedly
talked to FN and Crane folks about this in that this is a well known
contributor to the recorded high abrupt peaks in recoil impulse that
have contributed to ancillary item breakage from SOPMOD Block II MDNS
suite. Conversely, the AR series bolt assembly has a much more
manageable bolt mass in the system that gives the residual benefit of a)
manageable recoil/controlability in rapid shot sequences and b) more
receptive/consistent recoil impulse for ancillary items."

Are you calling him a Handl Implant?

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Is the SCAR breaking itself? Because if the facts are that a light weight, surprisingly accurate and extremely reliable .308 battle rifle is breaking optics, I don't believe it's the rifle that needs to be solved in this equation.

It's one thing to identify and propose a solution to an issue that is widespread effecting the majority of the weapon's user base. It's perceived in a completely different manor when you highlight said issue that is effecting virtually nobody in the civilian market and attempt to push an expensive product down their figurative throat in order to "fix it."

That, coupled with embarrassing initial manufacturing defects, and a shill marketing campaign that Ray Charles could see through, have lead to the vitriolic reaction from the customer base you see here.

I'm not for a moment going to excuse the overwhelming bias that takes place on another forum (which is nothing more than an echo chamber in reality.) However, the fashion in which both Handl and the "SCAR Improvement Program" have been represented both in this thread and others is certainly not doing the company any favors.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Is the SCAR breaking itself? Because if the facts are that a light weight, surprisingly accurate and extremely reliable .308 battle rifle is breaking optics, I don't believe it's the rifle that needs to be solved in this equation.

snip
View Quote

No, but the fact that it's breaking accessories that are fine on .50 BMG rifles means that there is something fundamentally differnt about it.

As far as the rest of what you wrote, I personally don't have any clue about any of it, because I really don't care. My only interest was in the thread here where multiple posters stated that there is nothing wrong with the -17, and it doesn't break optics, which is widely known as false (posters in that thread even shared personal experience, which was discounted) .  The only reason I use Handl's work is because they have done testing and have had actual end user feedback vs the "I shot 1000 rounds at the range and I didn't have a problem" type posts. I know the dude professionally, and if your opinion of him is based soely on how he runs business...  
... then you would LOOOOOOOVE to meet him personally.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:11:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The only reason I use Handl's work is because they have done testing and have had actual end user feedback vs the "I shot 1000 rounds at the range and I didn't have a problem" type posts. I know the dude professionally, and if your opinion of him is based soely on how he runs business...  

View Quote

I don't understand what that is meant to insinuate, but you're right, I would love to meet him - As I would anyone making improvement or developing products for the SCAR. I'm a fan of the rifle, not any one company in particular. I wish them all success.

And my opinion is formed not based on how he runs his business, of which I know little to nothing about. But rather how he represents it... Or more accurately, how he let's others represent it. Yes, I'm talking about you here. If indeed you are acquaintances with Handl, I'd be surprised that he hasn't asked you (and the other posters who claim direct involvement with company activities) to cease from spreading this information through unofficial channels and in such a predominantly argumentative way.

There's a large information void regarding Handl, the "issues" he's identified with the SCAR, along with his plans and products made to address them. Perhaps if Allen or an official representative were to step forward and discuss these points it would go a long way towards easing the negative publicity they have garnered from a select few individuals running rampant on the forums claiming "I know a guy who know's a guy who said your gun sucks."

Again, do what you do, but realize you're not winning hearts and minds here.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I don't understand what that is meant to insinuate, but you're right, I would love to meet him - As I would anyone making improvement or developing products for the SCAR. I'm a fan of the rifle, not any one company in particular. I wish them all success.

And my opinion is formed not based on how he runs his business, of which I know little to nothing about. But rather how he represents it... Or more accurately, how he let's others represent it. Yes, I'm talking about you here. If indeed you are acquaintances with Handl, I'd be surprised that he hasn't asked you (and the other posters who claim direct involvement with company activities) to cease from spreading this information through unofficial channels and in such a predominantly argumentative way.

There's a large information void regarding Handl, the "issues" he's identified with the SCAR, along with his plans and products made to address them. Perhaps if Allen or an official representative were to step forward and discuss these points it would go a long way towards easing the negative publicity they have garnered from a select few individuals running rampant on the forums claiming "I know a guy who know's a guy who said your gun sucks."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The only reason I use Handl's work is because they have done testing and have had actual end user feedback vs the "I shot 1000 rounds at the range and I didn't have a problem" type posts. I know the dude professionally, and if your opinion of him is based soely on how he runs business...  

Not trying to.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Kalmar,

MadCap is a proven troll. He doesn't own a SCAR, perhaps hasn't even fired one, and has a clear bias against them. He has repeatedly touted what he claims is "fact" when in truth it's nothing but hearsay from his secret squirrel industry buddies.
I'm not sure where the hatred comes from but I'm guessing it springs from jealousy.

You and I should just go back to shooting our SCARs and breaking the optics.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There is nothing wrong with a side charging handle as demonstrated by numerous successful weapons that use one...fixed or not.  Its different, not bad.  The fact that so called educated people can't adapt is sad.  
View Quote

Problems with a reciprocating side charging handle only happen if you actually shoot the gun. Most SCAR owners are safe.

Safe!!!!  GET IT????

Ok it is a safe queen joke.

Not so funny if I have actually explain it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Kalmar,

MadCap is a proven troll. He doesn't own a SCAR, perhaps hasn't even fired one, and has a clear bias against them. He has repeatedly touted what he claims is "fact" when in truth it's nothing but hearsay from his secret squirrel industry buddies.

I'm not sure where the hatred comes from but I'm guessing it springs from jealousy.

You and I should just go back to shooting our SCARs and breaking the optics.
View Quote
Throw up a pit thread then.

ETA Better invite DocGKR to it to, since he's making claims as fact too

Quoted:

quote:

"The mass of he SCAR bolt has long
been a point of discussion within the community. I have repeatedly
talked to FN and Crane folks about this in that this is a well known
contributor to the recorded high abrupt peaks in recoil impulse that
have contributed to ancillary item breakage from SOPMOD Block II MDNS
suite. Conversely, the AR series bolt assembly has a much more
manageable bolt mass in the system that gives the residual benefit of a)
manageable recoil/controlability in rapid shot sequences and b) more
receptive/consistent recoil impulse for ancillary items."

But you wont, because you're just an attention seeking ankle biter.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Kalmar,

View Quote

There's a lot to read in this thread and several others linked within it that suggest your assessment is incorrect on many levels.

ETA: Further reading:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_24/408532_Scars_eat_optics_.html&page=1

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1415109__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Why_doesn_t_the_U_S__use_the_bullpup_design_.html&page=7

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_24/357536__ARCHIVED_THREAD____reliability_of_the_Scar_16_.html&page=4

http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=104622&page=2

ETA2: I like the SCAR.  It does many things well.  It does a few things not so well.  People finding issues with it are probably not just trying to shit all over it, but may be trying to find ways to improve it - and not just for their own interests.

A car guy who finds a failure with a vehicle and then offers a mod or suggestion to the community to fix it probably isn't out to shit all over the car; and a car guy who says "hey, this will go wrong", isn't trying to shit all over your vehicle purchase, he may be trying to give you a heads up.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 5:32:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Pretty high +/- recoil impulses even on the SCAR-16 compared to the AR.
View Quote

Since this apparently got missed i'm re-quoting it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 5:46:46 AM EDT
[#25]
It makes 8 page threads.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:11:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:[div style='margin-left:40px']quote:
"The mass of he SCAR bolt has long been a point of discussion within the community. I have repeatedly talked to FN and Crane folks about this in that this is a well known contributor to the recorded high abrupt peaks in recoil impulse that have contributed to ancillary item breakage from SOPMOD Block II MDNS suite. Conversely, the AR series bolt assembly has a much more manageable bolt mass in the system that gives the residual benefit of a) manageable recoil/controlability in rapid shot sequences and b) more receptive/consistent recoil impulse for ancillary items."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:[div style='margin-left:40px']quote:
"The mass of he SCAR bolt has long been a point of discussion within the community. I have repeatedly talked to FN and Crane folks about this in that this is a well known contributor to the recorded high abrupt peaks in recoil impulse that have contributed to ancillary item breakage from SOPMOD Block II MDNS suite. Conversely, the AR series bolt assembly has a much more manageable bolt mass in the system that gives the residual benefit of a) manageable recoil/controlability in rapid shot sequences and b) more receptive/consistent recoil impulse for ancillary items."

Yes, a few SOPMOD Block II accessories designed for the M4 (5.56) didn't fare so well atop the MK17 (7.62) under hard use.  Nothing wholesale, but a few failures did occur.  I don't think that was a big surprise to anyone.  NSWC Crane got involved. The SOPMOD stuff got hardened and the issues disappeared.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:45:49 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Kalmar,

MadCap is a proven troll....
View Quote

No.

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Yes, a few SOPMOD Block II accessories designed for the M4 (5.56) didn't fare so well atop the MK17 (7.62) under hard use.  Nothing wholesale, but a few failures did occur.  I don't think that was a big surprise to anyone.  NSWC Crane got involved. The SOPMOD stuff got hardened and the issues disappeared.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Well, that and a few members that stated they had issues in the other big thread.

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Kalmar,

MadCap is a proven troll.  
View Quote

Well, post that proof then.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well, that and a few members that stated they had issues in the other big thread.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

A quick search of threads on optics breaking shows that a lot of people have experienced optics breaking on ARs, including military acogs.  Out of all the people on the internet who have posted pics of their scars with expensive optics to only have 2 or 3 documented breaks doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.  The main one discussed in the other thread was a zeiss red dot sight, which is a pretty unknown and unused sight here in the U.S.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The Aug is better than any 5.56 AR or scar L anyway.
View Quote

As a guy who owns one and tried to validate that claim.

No.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#32]
This thread isn't fun anymore. I came here to hate. Can't we just keep hating on SCARs?!
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

This thread isn't fun anymore. I came here to hate. Can't we just keep hating on SCARs?!
View Quote
YES!

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:30:46 AM EDT
[#34]
I have a new idea:

How about if you like an AR... you buy one of those.

If you like a SCAR... you buy one of those.

or do like me and get both!!

this is no different that 9 vs 45 or beans/ no beans.

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

YES!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

YES!

Hey look Madcap, it's got a broken leg.

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Hater's gonna hate
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/SCAR/SCAR1.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YES!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/SCAR/SCAR1.jpg

Aww poor thing.

If only it had been made out of aluminum instead of polymer it wouldn't have flexed and broke.

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
A quick search of threads on optics breaking shows that a lot of people have experienced optics breaking on ARs, including military acogs.  Out of all the people on the internet who have posted pics of their scars with expensive optics to only have 2 or 3 documented breaks doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.  The main one discussed in the other thread was a zeiss red dot sight, which is a pretty unknown and unused sight here in the U.S.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip

I never said, ever, that it was a big deal. All I was stating is that it's happened and has been documented.

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#40]
LOL

Slide fires and Handl Defense.  Talk about a twofer.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

LOL

Slide fires and Handl Defense.  Talk about a twofer.
View Quote
Hey, that's a great idea, put a slide fire on a -17 so it can break optics for civilians just like real operators!

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

it comes with a boot
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

It didn't improve upon a damn thing.

The super secret stuff that is saved for the circle jerk sessions is the Mod 1 without the cooling vents and reciprocating charging handle.

The John Paulus syndrome runs deep in some of these guys. The mere mention of SF or Crane and their panties come off.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

The super secret stuff that is saved for the circle jerk sessions is the Mod 1 without the cooling vents and reciprocating charging handle.

The John Paulus syndrome runs deep in some of these guys. The mere mention of SF or Crane and their panties come off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that you John Wayne?   Is This me?

So, if there's no issues with the SCAR or the lower, and the handl lower doesn't improve "A damn thing";
Why would anyone waste money on a Stryker Enterprises lower if it's supposedly just a backwards engineered Handle lower?

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 12:16:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:30:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Why would anyone waste money on a Stryker Enterprises lower if it's supposedly just a backwards engineered Handle lower?

View Quote

Sept 2011 - Stryker publicly modifies a SCAR 17s lower to accept a KAC M110 pattern magazine.  Fully-functional.

http://fnforum.net/forums/scar-accessories-scopes-mods/22970-scar-17-kac-magazine-modification.html

2012 - Handl announces the release of the SCAR25 KAC M110 pattern magazine lower.  The first 300 of these lowers produced had OEM parts fitment issues as well as function issues (verified by Klrb929 in previous threads).

http://4c5oy13toq2z4b6dz22n11bctyl.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/HD_PressRelease_2012.pdf

Even FN Forum member Wagnasty's mod pre-dated Stryker's mod.

Ultimately, Wagnasty introduced the concept.  Beyond that, what order manufacturers introduce products based on that concept is meaningless.  At that point it's all about function and quality.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:38:55 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Sept 2011 - Stryker publicly modifies a SCAR 17s lower to accept a KAC M110 pattern magazine.  Fully-functional.

http://fnforum.net/forums/scar-accessories-scopes-mods/22970-scar-17-kac-magazine-modification.html

2012 - Handl announces the release of the SCAR25 KAC M110 pattern magazine lower.  The first 300 of these lowers produced had OEM parts fitment issues as well as function issues (verified by Klrb929 in previous threads).

http://4c5oy13toq2z4b6dz22n11bctyl.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/HD_PressRelease_2012.pdf

Ultimately, Wagnasty introduced the concept.  Beyond that, what order manufacturers introduce products based on that concept is meaningless.  At that point it's all about function and quality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So, what you're saying, is that out of the three examples, two of them are modified SCAR poly lowers, that still have the "imaginary" "made up" problems, only one is radically different, with different dimensions and materials?

When does the Stryker Aluminum lower come out?

http://strykerent.com/

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:48:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So, what you're saying, is that out of the three examples, two of them are modified SCAR poly lowers, that still have the "imaginary" "made up" problems, only one is radically different, with different dimensions and materials?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, out of the three examples of a novel concept by FN Forum member Wagnasty, only one...the Handl SCAR25 lower...had/has OEM part fitment and function issues.

Edited to add:  And, yes the "issues" with the OEM lower are baloney.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:53:21 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Yes, out of the three examples of a novel concept by FN Forum member Wagnasty, only one...the Handl SCAR25 lower...had/has OEM part fitment and function issues.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you're calling people on here and elsewhere that have direct experience and knowledge of OEM rifle issues liars?

Might want to check the latest updates the the scars eat optics thread.

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 3:01:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So you're calling people on here and elsewhere that have direct experience and knowledge of OEM rifle issues liars?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't doubt that there have been isolated "issues," as with any product.  It's just odd that to date NSWC Crane has not been approached with the OEM trigger module "issues" and that the only picture of a civilian broken OEM trigger module on all of the internet is owned by Handl (as shown by Klrb929 in a previous thread).

Edited to add:  As for the updates to that thread it just verifies that what I posted previously..."Yes, a few SOPMOD Block II accessories designed for the M4 (5.56) didn't fare so well atop the MK17 (7.62) under hard use. Nothing wholesale, but a few failures did occur. I don't think that was a big surprise to anyone. NSWC Crane got involved. The SOPMOD stuff got hardened and the issues disappeared" is true, right?
Page / 24
Top Top