Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Fudds are useful idiot gun owners that the media likes to quote as "gun owners for sensible restrictions".

A Fudd may be a lifetime NRA member but he only does it so that he can have his right to pursue his "sport" protected.   That spprt may be hunting, clay target shooting, or collecting obscure C&R guns.   Gun ownership is more along the lines of sophisticated social hobnobbing at the local country club.  

To hell with every other gun rights issue.  They will sell EVERYONE down the river as a compromise to protect their delicate little sporting guns.  They further the cause and the progressive attempts to indoctrinate the public into thinking that the 2nd Amendment is about sporting use.

Basically, bunch of Bill Ruger closed minded sell outs that are quick to use "no body needs" in justifying why they should keep their own guns but you cannot keep yours.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Two types of gun owners - Fudds and Pudds.
Fudds use guns to hunt or shoot competition.
Pudds fondle their guns to get a hard on and then pound their pudd.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Anyone who uses the phrase "I support the 2nd amendment, but"
View Quote

Or says no one needs a 30 round magazine while holding a deer rifle after hunting on your land.

Yes he got uninvited after that statement.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#5]
On TOS, there was a large group of guys that think AR pistols should be banned, Sig braces should be banned...
During the panic many of them were advocating adding box fed semi autos to the NFA registry to avoid another AWB.

I've labeled them "Tactical Fudds"
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#6]
For me it's an individual who owns firearms for purposes of hunting game and believes all other reasons for owning/using a firearm are dangerous, criminal, or unsafe. These are the people that want rules like "no more than 5 rounds loaded at a time" or "slow fire" or "no human shaped targets" on the range. They think your AR is dangerous, only something to be owned by criminals, and unsafe.

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Perfect definition.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You'll find a large gap between what people assert it means and how it is actually used.

The way it is used, any gun owner who is not - in a given range session - firing a military-style rifle while wearing at least one "tactical" accessory, is a fudd.
View Quote

This. In addition anyone who believes a 12 gauge shotgun is adequate for home defense is a FUDD.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Most already covered what I think of. It is the guys that go on about how the only real guns are break action shotguns, and bolt actions. They give you a speech about how military rifles aren't needed and should be banned. They only believe in guns for hunting and the rest of us are just playing military. A guy that shoots and appreciates older guns and doesn't believe in limiting others rights is just fine with me. not a fudd at all.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone who doesn't believe that I should be allowed to buy m134a miniguns is a fudd.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#12]
What are you if you aren't a fudd but aren't tactical? A shooter?

I am a shooter.

My FIL is a fudd. He used the only 1 shot statement on me. I saw him take a running deer at 150 yards in one shot.

He asked me to get him some handgun ammo during the panic. .38 special of course. When I took it to him I handed him 1 bullet and said it only takes 1 shot or do you want the whole box.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I taught it was theese guys

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#14]
A lot of people are confusing fudds for bubbas.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Fudds are useful idiot gun owners that the media likes to quote as "gun owners for sensible restrictions".
View Quote

Yes.

Fudds are people who have not yet understood that the antigunners will not stop until all guns are banned. (For proof, just look at the UK and Australia.)

If you want to save your "Fudd" guns you better start working now to save the "evil black rifles." This is truly a case where freedom is indivisible.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For me it's an individual who owns firearms for purposes of hunting game and believes all other reasons for owning/using a firearm are dangerous, criminal, or unsafe. These are the people that want rules like "no more than 5 rounds loaded at a time" or "slow fire" or "no human shaped targets" on the range. They think your AR is dangerous, only something to be owned by criminals, and unsafe.

View Quote

Most of the slow fire rules have nothing to do with the type of rifle used at the range. They exist because dimwits want to practice their spray and pray technique on the line. This ends with them shooting every target except their own, destroying the target carriers and other stuff on the range, launching bullets over the backstop, and then sweeping the other shooters on the line.

The problem is that you can distinguish the idiots from the responsible people pretty quickly, but when Tommy Tactical sees an adult rapid firing a rifle, he assumes that he can do it, too. Then he does all the stuff in the first paragraph and all the other customers run away and don't come back.

The seeming solution is to have two ranges; one for the general public and one for shooters who proved that they can conduct themselves safely. The trouble with this is that the only accidental shooting that ever happened on our range was done by an experienced shooter. He was a physician who'd been shooting for years and absolutely knew better. He fucked up and somebody else caught a bullet. It was pure luck that the wound wasn't life threatening.

Over the years, the store accumulated half a dozen, or more, holes in the walls behind the counter from customers who wanted us to look at their unloaded guns BANG!

It stops being cute after you look at the wrong side of the sights a few times.

The problem in the store is the same problem in the range. There are responsible customers and there are morons. The morons see the responsible people and figure that they can do it, too, but they can't understand the difference between a gun in a holster and a gun waved around a crowd with a finger on the trigger.

So you get the sign.

Concealed means concealed and there were a bunch of regulars that I knew were carrying in the store. The difference was that their guns never came out of their holsters and I was fine with that.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Most already covered what I think of. It is the guys that go on about how the only real guns are break action shotguns, and bolt actions. They give you a speech about how military rifles aren't needed and should be banned. They only believe in guns for hunting and the rest of us are just playing military. A guy that shoots and appreciates older guns and doesn't believe in limiting others rights is just fine with me. not a fudd at all.
View Quote

It's really fun when you have a Mauser or an 03-A3 on the wall. Then you can point at it, tell them that you agree with their stance on military combat weapons, and show them a Handi-Rifle.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#18]
"Fudd" is terminology invented to facilitate the fracturing of the American Gun Community into marginalized and easily conquered units.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's really fun when you have a Mauser or an 03-A3 on the wall. Then you can point at it, tell them that you agree with their stance on military combat weapons, and show them a Handi-Rifle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy I knew that was the most aggressive about it used an enfield as a deer rifle, and wouldn't listen to me about it being a combat weapon.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Thank you GD for this clarification!!  I thought a Fudd was an old guy who liked guns.  

Thank goodness!!   I'm NOT a Fudd!!!!!

Edit:  I'm not really "old" either...   Middle aged is more like it. Either way, I'm in the clear.
View Quote
I am 55 and I don't even own  bolt gun..oh ...yes I do.. I forgot about my dads Marlin 22 mag.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#21]
anyone who "supports firearms" but doesnt own a semi auto handgun and rifle.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:20:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry but wrong.  It has nothing to do with ownership or lack thereof of any kind of firearm.  It's holding a mindset that says the sole purpose of guns are hunting or target shooting.  By your definition, a guy with limited funds that only owns his dad's old bolt action .22 is doomed to Fudd status until he upgrades to a semi auto.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
"Fudd" is terminology invented to facilitate the fracturing of the American Gun Community into marginalized and easily conquered units.
View Quote

From CA, no less.

COMPROMISE! CHESS, NOT CHECKERS!
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Indicators:

1. Antigun, except for hunting guns and "traditional" firearms.

2. Looking down at people that own AR15s, Glocks and other "wonder-nines", FALs, AKs, tactical rifles, tactical shotguns.

3. Ever using the phrase "what do you need that for" with regards to any of the aforementioned firearm types.

4. Being an abrasive (sometimes to the point of being abusive) prick towards people at the shooting range/gun club and criticizing them constantly.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.

There are real Fudds out there, though the term is grossly overused on this site. They're rare and most of GD uses the term to describe anyone who owns a hunting rifle.

When you encounter a clown at the range or the gun store who tells you that you shouldn't be allowed to have that because you can't hunt deer with it, you will have met your first Fudd.

Elmer Fudd will happily sell out your interests. He doesn't like you. The worst ones I knew were old time Bullseye shooters. Many of these people were also fierce defenders of the Second Amendment who threw money at the NRA and volunteered to help with fund raisers, but then there were the Fudds. Elmer Fudd has his .22 High Standard, Smith and Wesson 52 in .38 Special, and a tricked out Colt 1911 that only functioned with 750 FPS LSWC loads. All of these are semi-automatic, but they're for target shooting and the stuff you like is for KILLING PEOPLE!!!

If he saw you look at something like a Glock or an AR, he would interrupt the conversation with a loud, obnoxious, and insulting tirade about how you're a militaristic maniac and only the government should be allowed to have that.

Nothing that you say will penetrate the armor that's wrapped around his teeny weeny little brain.

Fortunately, there aren't many of them and they're dying off.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Most of the slow fire rules have nothing to do with the type of rifle used at the range. They exist because dimwits want to practice their spray and pray technique on the line. This ends with them shooting every target except their own, destroying the target carriers and other stuff on the range, launching bullets over the backstop, and then sweeping the other shooters on the line.

The problem is that you can distinguish the idiots from the responsible people pretty quickly, but when Tommy Tactical sees an adult rapid firing a rifle, he assumes that he can do it, too. Then he does all the stuff in the first paragraph and all the other customers run away and don't come back.

The seeming solution is to have two ranges; one for the general public and one for shooters who proved that they can conduct themselves safely. The trouble with this is that the only accidental shooting that ever happened on our range was done by an experienced shooter. He was a physician who'd been shooting for years and absolutely knew better. He fucked up and somebody else caught a bullet. It was pure luck that the wound wasn't life threatening.

Over the years, the store accumulated half a dozen, or more, holes in the walls behind the counter from customers who wanted us to look at their unloaded guns BANG!

The problem in the store is the same problem in the range. There are responsible customers and there are morons. The morons see the responsible people and figure that they can do it, too, but they can't understand the difference between a gun in a holster and a gun waved around a crowd with a finger on the trigger.

So you get the sign.

Concealed means concealed and there were a bunch of regulars that I knew were carrying in the store. The difference was that their guns never came out of their holsters and I was fine with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you get the sign.

The surest way to rid oneself of any romantic notion of the maturity and competence of the average American gun owner, is to spend enought time interacting with the average American gun owner.

There are no doubt some here who are so blinded by ideology they sincerely believe that everyone of those incidents you describe was perpetrated by fudds or maybe even liberal plants.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I wonder what parts of the 2A you're in disagreement with.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any one that you disagree with on 2A issues, no matter how insignificant.

And this is how I know you are a FUDD.  But hell, you called that one, right?

Still don't care what you think. In case at some point you thought I might care

I'm interested in learning that as well.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Ahem, 'scuse me a minute.

"Fudd" is more an attitude (as said above).  It is NOT limited to guns.

Those are the same kind of people who worked against compound bows. Then mechanical tips. Now they are working against crossbows.

Fudds fought against anything that was not Fly-fishing. "spinning reel"? who needs that?  Rubber worm?  "Are you serious?"

I'm a motor head. Fudds also come into the car universe.  I had one guy try to tell me that he only wanted a "one wire" alternator.  Dude, WTF?  get with the times, the regulator is built in. Are you stuck in the '50s?
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No.

There are real Fudds out there, though the term is grossly overused on this site. They're rare and most of GD uses the term to describe anyone who owns a hunting rifle.

When you encounter a clown at the range or the gun store who tells you that you shouldn't be allowed to have that because you can't hunt deer with it, you will have met your first Fudd.

Elmer Fudd will happily sell out your interests. He doesn't like you. The worst ones I knew were old time Bullseye shooters. Many of these people were also fierce defenders of the Second Amendment who threw money at the NRA and volunteered to help with fund raisers, but then there were the Fudds. Elmer Fudd has his .22 High Standard, Smith and Wesson 52 in .38 Special, and a tricked out Colt 1911 that only functioned with 750 FPS LSWC loads. All of these are semi-automatic, but they're for target shooting and the stuff you like is for KILLING PEOPLE!!!

If he saw you look at something like a Glock or an AR, he would interrupt the conversation with a loud, obnoxious, and insulting tirade about how you're a militaristic maniac and only the government should be allowed to have that.

Nothing that you say will penetrate the armor that's wrapped around his teeny weeny little brain.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

I agree with the "over used" part, and have thoughtfully considered the rest.  I have seen a few "Fudds" with my own two eyes, running a shooting range I used to use.  So they exist, but it's an overused term.  Instead of breaking up into hostile factions, the shooting community needs to renew ties, make friends and convert people to BRD.

If Fudds are a real problem, then what have we done as the Shooting Community to address the problem constructively

Damning them on the internet, preaching to the choir is our usual, ineffective tactic.  I don't know how to reason with them, or any other sort of gun hater, cause their prejudices are all emotion based.  Frankly, it reminds me of arguing with a woman  Arguing with them doesn't produce results.

So I short circuit their emotional prejudices, and take them shooting semi autos w/ hi caps, surplus rifles, pistols, whatever.   When people with mindless gun prejudices find themselves having fun with the guns they previously hated, they forget why the hated them in the first place.  You replace their negative emotion towards some class of guns, with a positive emotion.

So, take a Fudd shooting your poodle popper.  The ammo he/she squanders is not wasted, think of it as political lobbying expenses.  I do.  Taking various people shooting is an effective outreach.  Which is fun.  It's the only tactic I've ever hit upon which has shown any positive results at all.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Fudds
hunt but don't join NRA "cuz they will never ban my hunting stuff"
like Fudd guns but not EBRs
neckbeard .22 for their fudd .22s
put SALT LIFE on their bro dozers
have Buck stickers but own nothing by Browning.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#31]
What did you call me?

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fudd = Any gun owner who's against "evil black rifles" and of course against anything NFA. Any gun owner who says he's strongly in favor of the Second Amendment but who thinks it's about hunting or "sporting uses." In other words, a Fudd is a clueless "sportsman."

The problem with Fudds is that they give the antigunners the pretext to say that some gun owners agree with them. Fudds are the unknowing Fifth Column of the gun rights movement.
View Quote

This can not be overstated.

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
FP is one of the best explanations yet.  It pretty much covers everything that a FUDD is, in one simple line.

"I'm a huge hunter so obviously I support gun rights, but there is no need for these assault weapons to be on the streets" is the basis of what a FUDD is.
View Quote

This is prety much it.  basically its someone who shoots in one or two specific categories..and has NO problems with any gun laws as long as they dont affect HIS (Or of course Her) particular Genre.  any time you hear "What the hell would you need THAT for???"  it can be assumed you are hearing the call of the North American FUDD
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#34]
My father-in-law one 30-30, one 12a(1187) and like 10 .22's!!! probably 100rds of ammo!
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I agree with the "over used" part, and have thoughtfully considered the rest.  I have seen a few "Fudds" with my own two eyes, running a shooting range I used to use.  So they exist, but it's an overused term.  Instead of breaking up into hostile factions, the shooting community needs to renew ties, make friends and convert people to BRD.

If Fudds are a real problem, then what have we done as the Shooting Community to address the problem constructively

Damning them on the internet, preaching to the choir is our usual, ineffective tactic.  I don't know how to reason with them, or any other sort of gun hater, cause their prejudices are all emotion based.  Frankly, it reminds me of arguing with a woman  Arguing with them doesn't produce results.

So I short circuit their emotional prejudices, and take them shooting semi autos w/ hi caps, surplus rifles, pistols, whatever.   When people with mindless gun prejudices find themselves having fun with the guns they previously hated, they forget why the hated them in the first place.  You replace their negative emotion towards some class of guns, with a positive emotion.

So, take a Fudd shooting your poodle popper.  The ammo he/she squanders is not wasted, think of it as political lobbying expenses.  I do.  Taking various people shooting is an effective outreach.  Which is fun.  It's the only tactic I've ever hit upon which has shown any positive results at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

I worked in ranges and gun stores for 18 years. Plenty of people used one of my rifles to shoot an AR15 for the first time. One of my favorites was a friend who owned a couple of handguns but never expressed interest in anything with a military appearance. So, I let him shoot two of my ARs. He had one of the biggest shit-eating grins I've ever seen and he bought an LMT within a week.

Elmer Fudd does not hate semi-automatics. His semi-automatics have nice wood on them and shoot targets. He hates Your semi-automatics. When he sees your Glock, SIG, FAL, AK, etc., his reaction is not apprehension. It's hate. He'll call you names right to your face. He may get loud. He says your AR15 was designed to kill people. If you get the chance, ask him what the 1911 in his case was designed to do. I watched one get physical over that question.

A Fudd is not somebody who's never shot an AR. A Fudd is someone who will curse you or even spray your face with spit while he shouts that you belong in a mental hospital because you own a 30 round magazine.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 1:17:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140525133914/villains/images/2/2f/Elmer_fudd.jpg

A hunter type who does not support the ownership of military style firearms.
View Quote

Yup!
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 1:24:23 AM EDT
[#37]
someone who hunts AND

The and is important.

and doesn't care about the continual degradation of our rights so long as it doesn't effect their hunting gun.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:33:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Wabbit Season, Duck Season, Wabbit Season, Duck Season, Wabbit Season
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:39:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Gun owners who think the 2A applies to hunting and sporting use rather than guarding against tyranny and lawlessness.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buelller?......Bueller?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Sorry but wrong.  It has nothing to do with ownership or lack thereof of any kind of firearm.  It's holding a mindset that says the sole purpose of guns are hunting or target shooting.  By your definition, a guy with limited funds that only owns his dad's old bolt action .22 is doomed to Fudd status until he upgrades to a semi auto.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great summary.
A super dedicated hunter who doesn't own anything beside a Marlin 336, and only shoots 12 rounds a year who believes  "Own whatever you want to, have fun!" is not a FUDD.   Likewise, a guy who wears multicam to designated marksman/ sniper classes and only owns precision bolt rifles can say "Semi auto's should be banned, and high cap mags too.  Nobody needs those!"  IS a FUDD
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

That also includes a lot of politicians dancing around how they really feel.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have one in thread...and he won't answer as to just what he disagrees with on the 2nd.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#44]
FUDD = About 90% of the male population of Western Pennsylvania !
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:02:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Being a Fudd belief system.  Being a Fudd is not about owning traditional sporting shotguns or deer rifles with wooden furniture. Being a Fudd means you would happily sell out other gun owners to protect your precious sporting arms, which Fudds view as the only guns anyone should own.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm good with all of it.

I don't believe the NFA is legal and I think this bs about taking people gun rights is BS also.

How do you feel about felons?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Out of the mouth of a 13er.

Well done kid.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Buelller?......Bueller?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buelller?......Bueller?

Give me a second. I don't just sit on here waiting to answer question.

Why are you so judgemental ? Is it cause your religious or something ?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

We have labeled someone as one  thread...and he won't answer as to just what he disagrees with on the 2nd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have labeled someone as one  thread...and he won't answer as to just what he disagrees with on the 2nd.

FIFY
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#50]
I have a great example of fudds.

Here in Kansas we just passed constitutional carry. The most outspoken group against the measure wasn't anti-gun bloomberg types or sarah brady commies.................it was concealed carry instructors.

They were all too willing to throw the rest of us under the bus in order to maintain their paycheck. Their reasoning? " People need to be trained and licensed..blah, blah, blah."

Fucking fudds.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top