User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a great example of fudds.

Here in Kansas we just passed constitutional carry. The most outspoken group against the measure wasn't anti-gun bloomberg types or sarah brady commies.................it was concealed carry instructors.

They were all too willing to throw the rest of us under the bus in order to maintain their paycheck. Their reasoning? " People need to be trained and licensed..blah, blah, blah."

Fucking fudds.
View Quote

Why do you hate capitalism? Bro
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I think there are different kinds of Fudds depending on what gun rights are being discussed and/or abused at the time.
The original Fudd is what most people here are describing, someone who owns guns but has no clue what the 2nd amendment is really about.
I define the various types of Fudds thusly:
Fudd:  A gun owner who supports the 2nd Amendment but only if you own guns he approves of (i.e. walnut stocked bolt actions, high end shotguns, hunting rifles, revolvers, etc. etc. etc.).  In other words, Black Rifle and high capacity semi-auto owners need not apply. Jim Zumbo was (and still is) an excellent example of this type of Fudd.  Fortunately, this type of Fudd is fast becoming extinct, as well it should.  And the popularity of the AR-15 has had a lot to do with that.
Then you have:
IT Fudd:  An IT Fudd is a gun owner who supports the 2nd Amendment but only if you have had Gov't mandated Infringement Training that he supports.  In other words, the "bear" part of the 2nd Amendment is null and void until you take some Gov't-mandated and required 'safety" class before you have the "privilege" of applying for and receiving "permission", in the form of a CCW/HCP/permit/license, to carry a gun.  Most CCW instructors in IT-required states are a good example of this type of Fudd.  KS is going through this right now in their fight for Constitutional Carry, one of the biggest opponents of CC is the CCW training community.  Never mind the reality that no IT Fudd has yet to attempt, much less prove, that IT-states are safer than non-IT states. Dick Metcalfe is also an excellent example of this type of Fudd.
Open Carry Fudd:  These are Fudds that support the 2nd Amendment but only if you carry in a way or a gun in which they approve of.  CC-only proponents and almost any hater of the OCT guys are excellent examples of these type Fudds.  Despite the fact that OCers are a) not breaking any laws and b) pose no threat to anyone, the hatred by OC Fudds of open carry is almost hysterical.  From the myth of "getting shot first" (and it's variants) to the "it scares the sheeples", the excuses for hating OC and people who OC is about as emotional an argument that borders on the same insanity as shown by gun banners themselves.  This despite the reports of people who OC daily that it really is no big deal; the reality of OCing just does not compute for OC Fudds.  I personally think it's because the idea of actually open carrying a firearm scares the living shit out of them; hence all the emotional fact-less excuses why it shouldn't be done.  

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top