Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/13/2023 8:48:17 PM EDT
So when "PA Mike" went over there, the forums were lit up with all sorts of greatness about Swampfox.  Now that he's gone...crickets.  So what's the verdict on them?  Another fly by night operation?  Crap optics?
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
GREAT QUESTION!!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Given I have a couple of their scopes....in for info and missed drama!
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought it was a missing member.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]
He's gone from swampfox now?
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#5]
People actually buy those crappy optics?
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#6]
It seemed like when Mike was with them, they were blowing up the boards/social media...now, not so much.  Were they a case of just great marketing (ie...Mike)?
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Came on a used 43x package at GT distributors a year+ ago.

It’s been fine for me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#8]
They seemed like all the other China optics. They probably work ok, and have some fancy features, but no one knows for sure yet if they are as tough as the known, tested stuff. (I realize some folks have beaten the shit out of some holosuns and they keep working. It's not the same as 20 years of war aimpoints)
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a bunch of their stuff and it's been great.   I just bought a bunch more on the 4th sale.   I have mounts,  does and big scopes.   All are pretty nice
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't know the details, but when their vendor forum disappeared alot of good discussion about their products disappeared with it

Cringe marketing but their products I've used - from dots to scopes - have been great
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Every time one of these threads pop up I post the same thing. I've got one of their Tomahawk LPVOs. It done a decent job, I don't abuse it, and its only on a range gun. Only draw back is its kinda heavy.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Didn't know they were gone.

They've been ok in range use and "try a style" optics.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It seemed like when Mike was with them, they were blowing up the boards/social media...now, not so much.  Were they a case of just great marketing (ie...Mike)?
View Quote

All the Chinese optics companies are marketing companies first imo.

Poortex is at least trying to move away from that I think.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#14]
The people that crap on their optics are generally the people that don't own them and have never used them and are just going off "muh Chyna" while posting from their Chinese made phone or computer.

Attachment Attached File

Mine has been 100%, never lost zero, and the glass is crystal clear.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Duke Nukem aka the OG Tactical Wheelbarrow
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I remember reading some threads about them 2-ish years ago, seemed like people were liking them and they listened to their customers, but no experience myself. I think the market is just flooded with good options from budget to baller, also seems like most people I know are doing less buying other than ammo and even that's slowed down for a lot of people. Life is getting expensive and people's priorities shift, wouldn't be surprised if they had to deal with production/inventory issues like a lot of people had to over the last few years.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Duke Nukem aka the OG Tactical Wheelbarrow
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

“Great” marketing? Not really.

Weird, viral internet marketing full of straight up bullshit all over boards and social media? Absolutely.

I’m just glad the influencers have gone quiet.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#20]
They should use product names that aren't random nouns.

That alone would allow me to take them more seriously.

Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Just realized hadn’t seen their name in awhile. They were a rising company and now I wouldn’t have even remembered to check for Black Friday Sales.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The people that crap on their optics are generally the people that don't own them and have never used them and are just going off "muh Chyna" while posting from their Chinese made phone or computer.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68140/20220828_161643_jpg-2884893.JPG

View Quote

That’s just stupid. How many options are there for non Chinese phones, computers or devices? How many options are there for scopes? In general, I don’t use Chinese devices to save my life and doesn’t really matter how dependable they are. The firearm with scope, dot or what have you is a different story. Dependable “is” the number one rule. If someone says grab a rifle the shots going down, #1 has an acog and a micro T-1. #2 is a Trijicon accupoint 3x9. And yes. I do own a couple of vortex LVPO’s.

Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Got the red dot and the green dot, they work great.
I'd buy another.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:21:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Trash company with trash product and trash "community presence" advertising of their trash branding disappears, more news at 11.  So surprise, many strange.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I had two of their Arrowhead LPVO’s I used to test different magnifications and see what Razor HD I wanted.  I gotta say, I really liked them.

A touch heavy, but for the price, they were excellent.

I had two of their prism optics too.

I was very pleased with all 4 items.

I went to Razor HD’s & Sig 5X red dots, but they were a great way to test the water.

They all seemed well built & functioned properly.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Half the posts here are trashing them and yet every poster with one has only had good things to say. I have been looking at them. Everything I have read indicates a satisfied customer base. This reminds me of all the Romeo 5 hate in years past. Romeo 5s rock BTW.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:33:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Plenty of options for Chinese optics already
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Half the posts here are trashing them and yet every poster with one has only had good things to say. I have been looking at them. Everything I have read indicates a satisfied customer base. This reminds me of all the Romeo 5 hate in years past. Romeo 5s rock BTW.
View Quote

Romeo 5’s are great.

The 5X is just fantastic since it takes a AAA battery.

They’re damn near bulletproof.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:37:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know the two I have are great.

shrug.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#31]
I own four of their compact green reticle 1x scopes. Except for one on a turkey shotgun they all sit on .22's.  You are simply not going to find anything better at twice the price. At the time, it was the ONLY green reticle instead of a dot available (I cannot use red dots due to eye surgery. Too much sparkly weirdness)
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#32]
I bought a "Justice" 5 months ago and it sits on my backup steel challenge gun. Glass is a touch small for me but it's otherwise been a great optic.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#33]
I don’t do gun games, maybe I’ll get my ass out there one day, but for those that do - do you see their optics in matches? What’s the info? Do they hold up to the abuse and high round count or is money better spent elsewhere?

Think the answers to those questions are relevant.

ETA: A “range only” gun isn’t a good enough example. Something that’ll take gun game abuse - the bumps, bangs, and drops plus high round count is most likely good enough for daily carry.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:46:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Mike left them and is now marketing for Gideon Optics.

https://gideonoptics.com/
View Quote
I thought Mike was one of the people running Gideon? Not just in the CS dept.

BTW, for those who don't know, Mike was also in on the ground floor of Primary Arms,  before Swampfox..

So I think Gideon will do well.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:50:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's just stupid. How many options are there for non Chinese phones, computers or devices? How many options are there for scopes? In general, I don't use Chinese devices to save my life and doesn't really matter how dependable they are. The firearm with scope, dot or what have you is a different story. Dependable "is" the number one rule. If someone says grab a rifle the shots going down, #1 has an acog and a micro T-1. #2 is a Trijicon accupoint 3x9. And yes. I do own a couple of vortex LVPO's.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just stupid. How many options are there for non Chinese phones, computers or devices? How many options are there for scopes? In general, I don't use Chinese devices to save my life and doesn't really matter how dependable they are. The firearm with scope, dot or what have you is a different story. Dependable "is" the number one rule. If someone says grab a rifle the shots going down, #1 has an acog and a micro T-1. #2 is a Trijicon accupoint 3x9. And yes. I do own a couple of vortex LVPO's.

No. It's not stupid. There are options for non China phones but you're too lazy to research them. But the fact is that YOU prefer the features and quality from the Chinese phones than from the Korean and the Taiwanese phones. There are also plenty computer hardware made in Korea and Taiwan, but you're also too lazy to research them. You would rather virtue signal scopes because it's easy for you. Stop being lazy and practice what you preach.

Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
I thought it was Liesel Nelson..........
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had a few. I have nothing good to say.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you're referring to Swamp Fox and not my perfect and indestructible Romeos.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#39]
The guys over at we like shooting advertise for them and they are pretty good about calling out crap company’s and products.

Never shot a swampfox tho
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I hope you're referring to Swamp Fox and not my perfect and indestructible Romeos.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. I have no experience with the Romeos.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:42:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

“Great” marketing? Not really.

Weird, viral internet marketing full of straight up bullshit all over boards and social media? Absolutely.

I’m just glad the influencers have gone quiet.
View Quote

Wasn't this the company that sent a bunch of free shit to a unit in Afghanistan in exchange for some pictures of them mounted on duty rifles at a FOB, and then did the whole marketing shtick around it?

Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:45:57 PM EDT
[#42]
I like mine, but I'm not a Tier One Operator.

I like the green circle/dot Liberty on my AKV, but the battery life isn't as good as some others.

Attachment Attached File

They're still putting out new stuff on their website.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:47:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No. It's not stupid. There are options for non China phones but you're too lazy to research them. But the fact is that YOU prefer the features and quality from the Chinese phones than from the Korean and the Taiwanese phones. There are also plenty computer hardware made in Korea and Taiwan, but you're also too lazy to research them. You would rather virtue signal scopes because it's easy for you. Stop being lazy and practice what you preach.

https://i.ibb.co/gmZphrf/IMG-1127.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/gmZphrf/IMG-1127.jpg

My made in China Samsung cost more than the domestic phones and has better specs.

Comparing that situation to a China made scope when non-communist scopes of superior quality are available everywhere is just... retarded.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:49:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Wasn't this the company that sent a bunch of free shit to a unit in Afghanistan in exchange for some pictures of them mounted on duty rifles at a FOB, and then did the whole marketing shtick around it?

View Quote

Very well could’ve been, I do remember people mentioning seeing pics of them mounted on military combat guns.

That said, I think they’re a great true entry budget level product.

I wouldn’t mounted it on my duty weapon.

I am considering getting another LPVO from them or Arken for my daughter’s range AR, they’re great for a use like that.

Arken just released a 1-8 that advertises Japanese glass.  I haven’t even watched a review on it yet, but that could be interesting.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:51:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#46]
No issues with mine.
Don't recall how long I have had it but probably 2 years.

Tough to find a micro green dot and I can't see red dots.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:37:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup. Some dudes mounted them on SCARs, took them out to the HESCOs in Afghanistan and took some pictures.

After that it was, “SWAMPFOX IS SOCOM APPROVED!!!!”

“How durable is a SwampFox scope?”

“DURABLE ENOUGH FOR FULL AUTO SOCOM SCARS!!!”

“How many rounds did they actually fire?”

“SWAMPFOX IS BASICALLY THE BACKBONE OF GWOT!!!!”
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:38:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Very well could’ve been, I do remember people mentioning seeing pics of them mounted on military combat guns.

That said, I think they’re a great true entry budget level product.

I wouldn’t mounted it on my duty weapon.

I am considering getting another LPVO from them or Arken for my daughter’s range AR, they’re great for a use like that.

Arken just released a 1-8 that advertises Japanese glass.  I haven’t even watched a review on it yet, but that could be interesting.
View Quote

#MilitaryCombatGuns
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:46:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude, what's wrong with your feet?
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:55:10 AM EDT
[#50]
O
Quoted:
Mike left them and is now marketing for Gideon Optics.

https://gideonoptics.com/
View Quote

Omega sight looks just like the SRO.

Mike better have his resume updated.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top