Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:05:30 AM EDT
[#1]
It was a great series back when Disney didn't suck
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:31:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They should use product names that aren't random nouns.

That alone would allow me to take them more seriously.

View Quote

I will go along with this statement.  Reminds me of that $5000 contract overrun for special forces scope company, Counter Sniper…what ever happened to them?

Link Posted: 7/14/2023 2:10:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Mike was a good cheerleader but he went overboard. Saying they were being used by SOCOM, that they owned the factory doing all the OEM stuff, etc.

What really drove me away was asking Mike about a potential prism offering and him going off on some condescending tangent about how prisms suck, only to start pimping some 3 pound fucking brick prism not too long after.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 4:42:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a few and have been really happy with them.

I observed Mike being a quality human when no one was watching or even knew who he was - then I later found out who he was. I doubt he remembers our brief encounter at SHOT several years ago, but it caused me to think very highly of him. I hope his new endeavor is awesome for him.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:38:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a used patriot 6-24x for my 22 benchrest rifle and it’s been solid but obviously not hard use.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:42:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:48:26 AM EDT
[#7]
PA Mike was wrong.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:02:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Me too.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought it was a missing member.

Me too.  

@swampfox
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:09:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:11:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Their product names have revolutionary war themes as their company is named after Col. Marion,  the swamp fox, as emulated on film by Mel Gibsons patriot.

It's sad Americans don't know history.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their product names have revolutionary war themes as their company is named after Col. Marion,  the swamp fox, as emulated on film by Mel Gibsons patriot.

That must be really cool to the 6 people that remember the correlation.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:42:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Why people come here and think they can justify their support of China is beyond me.

Laughable.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
O
Omega sight looks just like the SRO.

Mike better have his resume updated.
View Quote

Just another company offering the Nutrek optics line. I actually don't blame them, they're pretty decent in my experience, but the need for a tool to adjust zero is super annoying.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:54:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Their marketing was cringey, and I'll have to beg forgiveness for not making the connection between the Revolutionary War and ChiCom optics.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 7:20:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I’ve liked the 1-10 Arrowhead I have. For the price point, it’s hard to beat.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 7:25:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Larry Correia thinks really highly of them for non-serious use, and that guy is a SHOOTER.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 7:56:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I had one of their pistol dots. It was okay. Felt kinda cheap, and there were no clicks in the adjustments. Never gave me any trouble and held zero, just not super impressed.

I still have a Arrowhead 1x6 LPVO and I love that thing. Adjustments feel good, has locking turrets, clear glass, good illumination. It is a bit heavy, but it's been a solid optic for me. It's on my varmint rifle and gets banged around a lot bouncing around in the RZR and have had no issues with it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:03:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Came on a used 43x package at GT distributors a year+ ago.

It’s been fine for me.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42509/IMG_5164_jpeg-2884859.JPG
View Quote

I have Swampfox Sentinels on a G42 and a G43 where I had the slides milled for the RMSc footprint. Was hoping to get something better eventually, but they seem to be holding up just fine so I'm sticking with them.

ETA: if Trijicon or Aimpoint comes out with a little bity RDS that fits the RMSc footprint I'll probably switch, but my little bit of research ~18mos ago didn't turn up an obvious "RMR of the RMSc world" optic to go with, so I just jumped on the Swampfox offerings as place holders. Maybe the EPS Carry is that dot, but I'm not going to swap a working Chyna dot for a working Chyna dot at this point.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:18:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why people come here and think they can justify their support of China is beyond me.

Laughable.
View Quote

The laughable part is how you’re going to justify your Chinese products while looking down your nose at others.

Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I have an Arrowhead LPVO on my .308 and a Blade prism on a 14.5, no complaints with either one…
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#20]
With a name like Swampfox how could they not be successful?! (With 13 year olds and those that wear affliction shirts)

Just another Chinese white label import.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#21]
They’re good optics for the money.  The Dark Lord of Optics has been pretty impressed with them.    I’ve used a bunch of them and been impressed but they’re not Trijicons.  

The company took a different turn.  Made it difficult for Swampfox Mike to work so he joined another company.  At the same time they quit listening to customers.  

I used to be a dealer.  As a small gun shop it was a good setup to be able to order on demand.  They now have it structured where basically only online sites will have swampfox as the order minimums for dealer discounts is high.    And their own sales match the small dealer pricing now.

Honestly I’m indifferent to them.  I think they have a lot of bang for the buck but not sure where they’re going.  

Going to watch Gideon Optics.   Mike Branson is a really good guy, both professionally and personally and I trust his judgement.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#22]
I can't really speak to their main scope lines, but I did pick up one of their 3x prisms last year and compared it to others I have on the shelf- including a TA33, TA110, and PA SLx 3x micro. The Swampfox is a large prism design, so it it's bigger than the TA33 and SLx 3x, but optics were awesome. I'm honestly hard pressed to suggest ACOG money to people when the Chinese prism optics have gotten so good.

As far as I know, nobody else is taking the large prism design philosophy the way Swampfox is, and it's a nice little market niche for them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a few Swampfox optics and they have done well for me, no complaints. I knew Mike a couple decades ago, he is a good guy who went through some rough times. Quite intelligent too. I hope he is doing well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I get the references, no worries there.

A couple things:

1. It's a product line, not a jeopardy category. The names don't make any fucking sense. Arrowhead? Tomahawk? George Washington's Raging Boner? These names are meaningless. Other brands of scope I know what kind of glass they are using and what the build spec is just from the model name. I am not going to spend the effort to figure out what a "Tomahawk" is. I don't care.

2. It's Chicom shit so the revolutionary war theme is pretty cringe. I would be more likely to buy if it was Chinese Communist Revolution themed. That would be authentic and hilarious.

Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They’re good optics for the money.  The Dark Lord of Optics has been pretty impressed with them.    I’ve used a bunch of them and been impressed but they’re not Trijicons.  

The company took a different turn.  Made it difficult for Swampfox Mike to work so he joined another company.  At the same time they quit listening to customers.  

I used to be a dealer.  As a small gun shop it was a good setup to be able to order on demand.  They now have it structured where basically only online sites will have swampfox as the order minimums for dealer discounts is high.    And their own sales match the small dealer pricing now.

Honestly I’m indifferent to them.  I think they have a lot of bang for the buck but not sure where they’re going.  

Going to watch Gideon Optics.   Mike Branson is a really good guy, both professionally and personally and I trust his judgement.
View Quote

What are the chances Gideon optics are made in the same Chinese facility as Swampfox? Seems like Gideon is currently undercutting Swampfox by $20-$100 in the ACRO/RMR/RMSc footprint optics, presumably to get some market share, but I can't imagine the two brands are all that dissimilar when it comes to reliability.

I guess time will tell...
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That’s just stupid. How many options are there for non Chinese phones, computers or devices? How many options are there for scopes? In general, I don’t use Chinese devices to save my life and doesn’t really matter how dependable they are. The firearm with scope, dot or what have you is a different story. Dependable “is” the number one rule. If someone says grab a rifle the shots going down, #1 has an acog and a micro T-1. #2 is a Trijicon accupoint 3x9. And yes. I do own a couple of vortex LVPO’s.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The people that crap on their optics are generally the people that don't own them and have never used them and are just going off "muh Chyna" while posting from their Chinese made phone or computer.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68140/20220828_161643_jpg-2884893.JPG

Mine has been 100%, never lost zero, and the glass is crystal clear.

That’s just stupid. How many options are there for non Chinese phones, computers or devices? How many options are there for scopes? In general, I don’t use Chinese devices to save my life and doesn’t really matter how dependable they are. The firearm with scope, dot or what have you is a different story. Dependable “is” the number one rule. If someone says grab a rifle the shots going down, #1 has an acog and a micro T-1. #2 is a Trijicon accupoint 3x9. And yes. I do own a couple of vortex LVPO’s.

Agree, I avoid Chinese products when possible, but it’s often difficult to do so. It’s easy with gun accessories.

The only Chinese gun parts that I have are the ones that make up my SKS.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 9:33:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I just heard from Mike.

His account here was closed when he departed Swampfox.  He will need to open another to respond in this thread.

View Quote

Thanks for that.  I'm genuinely curious.  When Mike was there, the Swampfox name was all over the forums, getting reviews (and good ones), but I remained skeptical.  Then when Mike left, it was radio silence on Swampfox. I'm not "young" by any means, so when I said their marketing was "great", I suppose I should've used the word "effective".  Was it my style?  Nope.  But it did certainly get their name out there.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
One of our employees were in love with their magnified optics, a bunch of other guys bought their stuff too.

A year later most of them regretted it and have something else now.
View Quote

I only have exposure to a couple of their RMSc footprint red dots. What are/were the issues with the magnified optics? Were they LPVOs or fixed magnification prism scopes?
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I only have exposure to a couple of their RMSc footprint red dots. What are/were the issues with the magnified optics? Were they LPVOs or fixed magnification prism scopes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of our employees were in love with their magnified optics, a bunch of other guys bought their stuff too.

A year later most of them regretted it and have something else now.

Yes Ryan, could you elaborate on the details of the failures observed?  I'm genuinely curious.

I've got a couple of their pistol dots, and they're doing quite well.  1,300 rounds on one, nary a problem.

Hell, their warranty service is top notch.  I bought one of those from a jackhole here who claimed it was in great condition, but it ended up having a scratch on the lense.

I contacted them, sent me a RMA and exchanged it for a brand new one.  Amazing.

Aaron Cowan put one through hell, it's in one of his white papers.  It survived where several others failed.  He finally managed to destroy it in the latest iteration.

So for my own experiences, they've been exactly what I needed, at a price I could afford.

I'd buy from them again for sure.

I'd like to know why their Industry Forum section isn't there anymore.  Obviously something went on there before my time.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Ive had some and havent had any issues. I have the justice or whatever that i like as much as my DPP.

Unfortunately the only thing id be interested in now is the Kraken, but it has not had good durability and keeps failing with water intrustion/humidity from what ive seen. kind of a bummer. i really wanted it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:08:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

"Great" marketing? Not really.

Weird, viral internet marketing full of straight up bullshit all over boards and social media? Absolutely.

I'm just glad the influencers have gone quiet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It seemed like when Mike was with them, they were blowing up the boards/social media...now, not so much.  Were they a case of just great marketing (ie...Mike)?

"Great" marketing? Not really.

Weird, viral internet marketing full of straight up bullshit all over boards and social media? Absolutely.

I'm just glad the influencers have gone quiet.
I only have one Swap Fox GDS, so I am no expert on them.
I put mine on a suppressed G34.   I point it at a target, pull trigger, round hits the intended spot.
The Wake on Shake works, I've never caught it off, turn off on its own after sitting for a bit. Battery life seems lengthy...

I honestly haven't seen any of the marketing.  I found them via google while searching for GDSs to go on my Glock.
What did they claim in their marketing that was "Straight up bullshit"???
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Poor choice of a business name, but I would assume they're just as good as the other Chinese optics in the same price range.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

We know history. We also know a Chinese import scope company has absolutely nothing to do with that
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#36]
@SIASL

Quoted:
I don’t do gun games, maybe I’ll get my ass out there one day, but for those that do - do you see their optics in matches? What’s the info? Do they hold up to the abuse and high round count or is money better spent elsewhere?

Think the answers to those questions are relevant.

ETA: A “range only” gun isn’t a good enough example. Something that’ll take gun game abuse - the bumps, bangs, and drops plus high round count is most likely good enough for daily carry.
View Quote

@SIASL
I've been using their stuff on my "budget" 3gun setup for a couple years now - Replaced similar budget Vortex optics with their Justice dot on my pistol & shotgun, Arrowhead 1-8 lpvo on my rifle
No issues with guns being thrown in barrels, bumped on barriers, wind/sand/rain/hot environments

I'd love to have top-of-the-line Assembled in America™ optics on everything but it'd cost 4-5x as much and the cost/benefit isn't there for me
I'll happily accept sponsorships of Razors & Deltapoints though

Link Posted: 7/14/2023 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I put mine on a suppressed G34.   I point it at a target, pull trigger, round hits the intended spot.
The Wake on Shake works, I've never caught it off, turn off on its own after sitting for a bit. Battery life seems lengthy...

I honestly haven't seen any of the marketing.  I found them via google while searching for GDSs to go on my Glock.
View Quote

Typically it’s been things from “influencers” or people I suspect to be internet “influencers”.

Off the top of my head:
-The whole SOCOM APPROVED thing. Granted, this was not a claim directly from SwampFox but to my knowledge it was never corrected and I’ve seen overblown/misleading statements associated with it.

-SwampFox owns the factory is a claim I’ve seen repeated on the internet. They are actually made at Shanghai Changhong Optoelectric which is an OEM manufacturer in China that also does work for Vortex.

-I’ve caught several people on Facebook making the exact same claim about durability of their handgun optics when questioned. Essentially that they dropped their gun in the kitchen and the only thing it did was chip the tile. I’m not saying that’s a lie, but it’s certainly a coincidence and sets off my bullshit detector.

-I’ve lost count of the claims I’ve heard about how they’re in use by “high round count” “serious dudes” or “competitors” without any detail as to what these round counts are or who these people are. If they’re serious competitors, I probably know them. In a handful of cases these people turned out to be nobody of any particular skill or notoriety who shot some locals.

The entire attitude of overinflated claims is a tremendous turn off at any rate. Like I said, I haven’t seen SwampFox directly make some of those claims but it’s been a steady buzz in forums and on social media which, in my opinion, feel like a viral marketing effort. Luckily I haven’t noticed the same chatter for several months. If that’s a coincidence or just the fact that I’ve tuned them out and no longer participate in the conversation, I can’t tell you.

I’m sure they make a serviceable, budget optic. But from my view everything that comes with it has left a bad taste in my mouth. But that’s just my opinion, do what you will with it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The people that crap on their optics are generally the people that don't own them and have never used them and are just going off "muh Chyna" while posting from their Chinese made phone or computer.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68140/20220828_161643_jpg-2884893.JPG

View Quote

Wow, clear glass?!   Now that’s a high bar!   Their stuff is garbage.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Thank you for expounding, Ryan.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Typically it’s been things from “influencers” or people I suspect to be internet “influencers”.

Off the top of my head:
-The whole SOCOM APPROVED thing. Granted, this was not a claim directly from SwampFox but to my knowledge it was never corrected and I’ve seen overblown/misleading statements associated with it.

-SwampFox owns the factory is a claim I’ve seen repeated on the internet. They are actually made at Shanghai Changhong Optoelectric which is an OEM manufacturer in China that also does work for Vortex.

-I’ve caught several people on Facebook making the exact same claim about durability of their handgun optics when questioned. Essentially that they dropped their gun in the kitchen and the only thing it did was chip the tile. I’m not saying that’s a lie, but it’s certainly a coincidence and sets off my bullshit detector.

-I’ve lost count of the claims I’ve heard about how they’re in use by “high round count” “serious dudes” or “competitors” without any detail as to what these round counts are or who these people are. If they’re serious competitors, I probably know them. In a handful of cases these people turned out to be nobody of any particular skill or notoriety who shot some locals.

The entire attitude of overinflated claims is a tremendous turn off at any rate. Like I said, I haven’t seen SwampFox directly make some of those claims but it’s been a steady buzz in forums and on social media which, in my opinion, feel like a viral marketing effort. Luckily I haven’t noticed the same chatter for several months. If that’s a coincidence or just the fact that I’ve tuned them out and no longer participate in the conversation, I can’t tell you.

I’m sure they make a serviceable, budget optic. But from my view everything that comes with it has left a bad taste in my mouth. But that’s just my opinion, do what you will with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off the top of my head:

Bro no one is going to listen to you.  Poors love poor shit, only know poor shit, and will defend their poor shit.  They wouldn't know what good is.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#43]
I liked my arrowhead 1-10 for the price. Pretty good glass and locking turrets were nice, but I wasn’t a fan of the reticle. I used their mount and never had any issues with loss of zero but I didn’t abuse it really.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Bro no one is going to listen to you.  Poors love poor shit, only know poor shit, and will defend their poor shit.  They wouldn't know what good is.
View Quote

Oh, I know. It is what it is.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#45]
It is a little known fact that Francis Marion was a well known fan of crappy Chinese optics.

As was said about him "Come, my boys! Let us go back and we will use the tri hawk. But as for this damned old justice red dot, the devil himself could not zero him!"
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#46]
So what happened to their Industry Forum section?

Was that Mike's account, which was closed when he left?
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It is a little known fact that Francis Marion was a well known fan of crappy Chinese optics.

As was said about him "Come, my boys! Let us go back and we will use the tri hawk. But as for this damned old justice red dot, the devil himself could not zero him!"
View Quote

+1 learned this in history class.

Lots of people don't know.

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So what happened to their Industry Forum section?

Was that Mike's account, which was closed when he left?
View Quote

I thought they owned the industry forum?
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:05:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

View Quote
I'm OK with your hairy feet, but you really should have those toenails checked.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Mike left them and is now marketing for Gideon Optics.

https://gideonoptics.com/
View Quote

The Omega looks like it is trying to be a SRO knockoff.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top