BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 2:52:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Anecdotally, my wife and I were at the park yesterday afternoon and she noticed there were roughly an equal amount of people pushing dogs in strollers as there were adults pushing kids. Some were even riding their bikes with their dogs in those attachments that allow them to pull their kids in the back.

Weird
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s bizarre to witness. Going to get worse before it gets better probably. This current crop of kids are too lazy to even reproduce. And a lot of the ones that do are just cranking out more useless nonproductive drones.

Pre pandemic where I work we would have a small line of people waiting each Monday for a job interview. Not anymore. Heck, it’s not uncommon for new hires to not come back from lunch on the first day. We have had an opening in our electrical dept for a couple years. We will train. We did get two potential electrical candidates hired a couple years ago. Both young guys. One was decent but left for a better paying position. Couldn’t blame him. Sucks losing him. The other that stayed turned out to be a woke POS that when he does show up for work is like having 2 good guys home sick.

Anecdotally, my wife and I were at the park yesterday afternoon and she noticed there were roughly an equal amount of people pushing dogs in strollers as there were adults pushing kids. Some were even riding their bikes with their dogs in those attachments that allow them to pull their kids in the back.

Weird

Strange days indeed. Lol!
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 3:03:41 AM EDT
[#2]
What is the one thing???? There is not "ONE THING"!!!!!!

ITS ALL OF THEM!!!  AT THE SAME TIME!!!!  EVERY REASON LISTED HERE!!!!!!

AND

ITS not going to get better. ONLY worse!!!!

Heck the place I work at now will hire FELONS!!!! Used to you could not get hired if you had so much as a DUI. IF you got a DUI while working here you kept your job. ANYTHING else and you were handed your hat you would catch a clue or not get enough hours to pay for gas to get to work. This is in a Food Grade Packing Plant.

One of these idiots took a picture of a customers product and posted it on Facebook. EVERYONE on ARFCOM would know the name of the customer. GUARANTEED!!!  15 minutes after posting (yeah the customer used bots to search the web for this) the CEO gets a call from the customer saying all the film for this is now yours and you don't get paid SHIT congratulations. This was a big job all the labor the raw material the inks the glues everything pissed away gone. Idiot still has his job. Nepotism is alive and well even though we are a BIG Corporation.

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 3:14:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Just wait till AI starts replacing millions of people's jobs.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 3:17:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I’m a boomer but I can see why the younger gens are pissed off.
Since 2008 the least financial bump, oh save me Fed printer man save me.
Also the 1% like Soros and the other gazillionairs are running a disinformation campaign to say boomers did it when they themselves are to blame.
Every other day a new crisis, WTH?
The utter nonsense that is reported after every G20 get together is astounding.
Climate this climate that, hell it comes a hard rain now and it’s climate doom better eat crickets and live in a mud hut to save the planet.

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 3:27:31 AM EDT
[#5]
In my line of work it is the opposite. I’m in a field that is quickly evolving and improving. It’s the older generations that fail to “adapt”. It is a pain in the ass trying to implement any sort of workflow to make things better because they are stuck in their ways. It has gotten to the point where they just can’t keep up.

The other day I watched one make a really stupid mistake and I just shook my head and kept my mouth shut. Any time I offer pointers, constructive criticism, or recommendations I’m met with a scoff like I’m the one that doesn’t know what I’m doing. Whenever I have a boomer added to the team I just accept that I will have to do extra work that is considered pretty basic for my generation i.e. teaching them ports and monitor inputs. My colleagues and I joke that we should just stop helping and tell them to figure it out, but none of us are actual assholes. It’s such a waste of company time having to identify and resolve issues caused by a coworker. Pretty sure my manager has the same opinion.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 3:45:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Whatever it was, it started showing in the 60's and 70's. That was when the great decline of everything was starting to show. WW2 was probably the catalyst. Maybe a victim of our own success. Which leads to a multitude of problems that compounds over time.  What see today is just freefall.

I sometimes wonder if we would have been better off just sitting out the war and keeping to our own. Certainly would have a lot more men alive and creating families. Passing on the American culture.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 3:47:00 AM EDT
[#7]
OP: The paper mill in Bogalousa??
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 4:01:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 4:02:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I've smelled the paper mills in Monroe.  

I wouldn't want to work in one of those either.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 4:57:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I worked construction for 27 years the last half owning my own business. The big cough helped me decide to retire early.  I'm now looking for a new venture probably get a cdl and buy a truck. For the last twenty years it has been hard to find young people willing to sweat and get dirty. Yes money is a part of it but a bigger part is mom and dad never made them do anything as kids. I grew up cutting wood fixing fence doctoring cattle. My dad believed if you put your feet under his table you had to work for it. I'm not that old (45) but I sure as hell feel old in today's world.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 5:34:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Eh, still making the same paper I did 33 years ago. The digital revolution that lets you shop from your couch has made the demand for boxes go up.

It’s work, hard work, that the latest generation can’t take.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meant most politely, paper is not a cutting edge industry these days.  I doubt it attracts the best and brightest.

A lot has changed in 33 years in the world, and paper is one of them.

Eh, still making the same paper I did 33 years ago. The digital revolution that lets you shop from your couch has made the demand for boxes go up.

It’s work, hard work, that the latest generation can’t take.

What’s so hard about it?
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 6:05:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Liberal women
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 6:42:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Employees in industrial jobs have been treated like shit for a long time. Most kids go to school and or find better jobs. Lots of ways to make money now. You reap what you sow.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 6:55:22 AM EDT
[#14]
the baby boomer generation is when our guard was let down. hippies fags dope credit cards anything like that they were fine with it more so than all previous generations and the time was ripe.

they were given the keys and were drunk on excessive luxuries and blacked out. all generations after the boomer generation are dealing with the decline in morality in their own way that was introduced under the watchful eye of the boomers. .
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:06:19 AM EDT
[#15]
My Boomer dad, once a totally self reliant outdoorsman, who back in the day talked about sticking it to the man, can't stop talking about all the govt benefits he now gets.

Didn't put a dime away towards any meaningful retirement.

He now votes, and has for many years, for whoever promises him more of somebody else's money.

Love him, but can't talk to him about these things.

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:10:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What is the one thing???? There is not "ONE THING"!!!!!!

ITS ALL OF THEM!!!  AT THE SAME TIME!!!!  EVERY REASON LISTED HERE!!!!!!

AND

ITS not going to get better. ONLY worse!!!!

Heck the place I work at now will hire FELONS!!!! Used to you could not get hired if you had so much as a DUI. IF you got a DUI while working here you kept your job. ANYTHING else and you were handed your hat you would catch a clue or not get enough hours to pay for gas to get to work. This is in a Food Grade Packing Plant.

One of these idiots took a picture of a customers product and posted it on Facebook. EVERYONE on ARFCOM would know the name of the customer. GUARANTEED!!!  15 minutes after posting (yeah the customer used bots to search the web for this) the CEO gets a call from the customer saying all the film for this is now yours and you don't get paid SHIT congratulations. This was a big job all the labor the raw material the inks the glues everything pissed away gone. Idiot still has his job. Nepotism is alive and well even though we are a BIG Corporation.

View Quote
Nepotism was a alive and well back in the good old days too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I worked construction for 27 years the last half owning my own business. The big cough helped me decide to retire early.  I'm now looking for a new venture probably get a cdl and buy a truck. For the last twenty years it has been hard to find young people willing to sweat and get dirty. Yes money is a part of it but a bigger part is mom and dad never made them do anything as kids. I grew up cutting wood fixing fence doctoring cattle. My dad believed if you put your feet under his table you had to work for it. I'm not that old (45) but I sure as hell feel old in today's world.
View Quote
Baby Boomers told Gen Xers and Millennials that the trades and bad and you're worthless if you don't have a college degree and a white collar job. Also, what wetr you offering in pay? If the pay is low, why would people want to do it? Especially now, where an entrepreneur can make a good chunk.of change as a social media influencer.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:13:14 AM EDT
[#18]
My company offers a job that with only a H.S. Diploma you earn $100K to $110K a year.

You have to have a clean record and a DL.

it is a 4 on 3 off 12-hour shift job.

No labor involved.

We can't keep guys past a year because its too hard.

Its a Security Police Officer position

Our facility is on an Airforce base so the Air Force keeps the rift raft out

You drive around and do security checks.
Get decent training.
And don't have to deal with drunks or domestics.
Staying awake and boredom are probably the hardest parts on any given day.

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:16:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My company offers a job that with only a H.S. Diploma you earn $100K to $110K a year.

No labor involved.

Get decent training.

View Quote
The job is also in New Mexico I take it?
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:19:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No labor involved.

Get decent training.

Yes
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:22:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No labor involved.

Get decent training.

Yes
That's why is pays $100k. Since it is on USAF property, probably oit in the middle of nowhere too right? Not exactly attractive for a younger person wanting to start a family, go date, etc....

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That's why is pays $100k. Since it is on USAF property, probably oit in the middle of nowhere too right? Not exactly attractive for a younger person wanting to start a family, go date, etc....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No labor involved.

Get decent training.

Yes

Nope its in Albuquerque.

So no long drive and plenty to do.

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I’m a boomer but I can see why the younger gens are pissed off.
Since 2008 the least financial bump, oh save me Fed printer man save me.
Also the 1% like Soros and the other gazillionairs are running a disinformation campaign to say boomers did it when they themselves are to blame.
Every other day a new crisis, WTH?
The utter nonsense that is reported after every G20 get together is astounding.
Climate this climate that, hell it comes a hard rain now and it’s climate doom better eat crickets and live in a mud hut to save the planet.

View Quote

I agree.

I sat and watched as the Left began to dismantle this country in earnest during the 1970's thinking it was important to respect other's opinions….the old "I might not agree with what you say but I'll defend with my life your right to say it"  philosophy.  

That was a mistake on my part.

What's happening today is a result of 6 decades of a strategy being implemented.

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The US Government happened.
View Quote

The Federal Reserve Act and fractional reserve banking.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:31:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:I would add to that massive disparities in worker/CEO pay.
View Quote

Rockefeller and his $0.85 a day workers would like a seat at the discussion.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#26]
So the world has gone to hell because young people don’t want to work in a stank ass paper mill for average pay?
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's bizarre to witness. Going to get worse before it gets better probably. This current crop of kids are too lazy to even reproduce. And a lot of the ones that do are just cranking out more useless nonproductive drones.

Pre pandemic where I work we would have a small line of people waiting each Monday for a job interview. Not anymore. Heck, it's not uncommon for new hires to not come back from lunch on the first day. We have had an opening in our electrical dept for a couple years. We will train. We did get two potential electrical candidates hired a couple years ago. Both young guys. One was decent but left for a better paying position. Couldn't blame him. Sucks losing him. The other that stayed turned out to be a woke POS that when he does show up for work is like having 2 good guys home sick.
View Quote
Kids are expensive as shit in today's world. It costs a lot of money to raise one. Have you seen daycare costs? In some places, it is more than a mortgage. In Tallahassee, it was close to $2k a month. For some people, that's a month's take home pay after taxes is taken out if their paycheck. It is cheaper in some cases for one parent to stay home with the kid(s) instead of both work due to daycare costs. But the biggest issue, due to rising costs of living, it is hard for a lot of couples to afford it on one paycheck.

Yeah, people are having less kids. Things will stabilize and life will go on. I remember growing up that the world feared a population explosion because everyone thought that the world would have kids at the same rate as we did after WWII with the Baby Boomers. There were ideas of forced sterilization, one-child policies, etc. The ChiComs that, heck, even the US did. They implemented forced sterilization in Puerto Rico and other parts of the US.

Guess what, due increased living costs, families are smaller. Don't need six kids to work the farm anymore.

But that doesn't mean folks aren't having kids. Where I now live, it is a lot of younger folks amd they all have kids. Middle-class folk with good jobs/businesses. There is a lot of social/public investing in kids where I live. New parks being built, etc. In a lot of other communities, they're advertising themselves as retirement communities. With the rampant retirement of Baby Boomers, the market is catering to them. But that'll come to an end soon enough as they all shed their mortal coils and the great wealth inheritance transfer happens. Suddenly, all those properties, retirement accounts, etc will be liquidated and younger Gen Xers, Millennials, and Zoomers will invest those funds into new things.

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:38:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Spot on.

Just look at all of the angry generational blaming going on right here in this thread.

People don't realize that their own rotten attitude makes them fail in life.
View Quote
"Children; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. They no longer rise when elders enter the room, they contradict their parents and tyrannize their teachers. Children are now tyrants." - Socrates, circa 470BC.

Older people have been bitching about younger people being worthless for as long as time exists.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Me too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I often wonder why so many people wanted to leave their home towns, farms, small towns, ect.  Leaving behind their family, friends, and community to chase after money instead of being satisfied to just make an honest living and raise their own family in such a place and continue local traditions and support the community.

Me too.

I've seen it happen to two families, and the big reason was lifestyle.

They didn't want to be a broken old farmer.

A family that is very close to mine had this happen. The farm was 3 generations old, and 2 out of 6 kids stayed in town, and neither of those two want to run it.

It hasn't been in operation for many years now, all the livestock was sold the fields are rented out. The old man is turning 80 soon. I have no idea what will happen to it after he's gone, but I hope they don't sell it off.

The kicker though, is all those kids are doing extremely well for themselves, if they stuck around they would likely be broke and tired like the old man.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:40:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Nope its in Albuquerque.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No labor involved.

Get decent training.

Yes

Nope its in Albuquerque.

You say that as if Albuquerque is a place worth living in.

Also, isn't the cost of living there ridiculously high and 100k ain't much?

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ok boomer. When your generation stops "paying their taxes" in iTunes gift cards when called by "IRS Agent Officer John Smith" who happens to have a heavy Indian accent, then we can talk.

Your generation benefitted from some of the best economic times in human history. Remember...it all went to shit on your generations watch.
View Quote

A classic loser mentality. Its someone else’s fault….
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:45:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No labor involved.

Get decent training.

Yes

Nope its in Albuquerque.

No its not bad here, The cost of living. not great but not bad.

the hunting is great the fishing sucks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:47:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

A family that is very close to mine had this happen. The farm was 3 generations old, and 2 out of 6 kids stayed in town, and neither of those two want to run it.

It hasn't been in operation for many years now, all the livestock was sold the fields are rented out. The old man is turning 80 soon. I have no idea what will happen to it after he's gone, but I hope they don't sell it off.

The kicker though, is all those kids are doing extremely well for themselves, if they stuck around they would likely be broke and tired like the old man.
View Quote
Like everything else, the land will be divided amongst the heirs, sold off, and either a larger farming concern will purchase it or a developer will and turn it into something else.

Nothing lasts forever and the only constant in life is change. In less than one century, my family went from being Spaniards to being Cubans to being Americans. One generation in my family witnessed the fall of the Spanish Empire and the loss of Cuba, Puerto Rico, and the Philippines to the US. Overnight they went from beingSpaniards to Cubans. They witnessed WWI and WWII. They witnessed the Communist takeover of Cuba. They witnessed and experienced the mass exodus of Cubans to the US and became refugees. They went from wealth to poverty and back to wealth. And this was simply one generation within my family.

Again, nothing is constant and permanent.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Like everything else, the land will be divided amongst the heirs, sold off, and either a larger farming concern will purchase it or a developer will and turn it into something else.

Nothing lasts forever and the only constant in life is change. In less than one century, my family went from being Spaniards to being Cubans to being Americans. One generation in my family witnessed the fall of the Spanish Empire and the loss of Cuba, Puerto Rico, and the Philippines to the US. Overnight they went from beingSpaniards to Cubans. They witnessed WWI and WWII. They witnessed the Communist takeover of Cuba. They witnessed and experienced the mass exodus of Cubans to the US and became refugees. They went from wealth to poverty and back to wealth. And this was simply one generation within my family.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually think the kids will keep it intact and continue to rent the land.

I can almost guarantee that when the grand kids get it they will either divide up and start building houses, or just sell it outright.

There's one big parcel that I would buy if they would sell....but they won't yet.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I can almost guarantee that when the grand kids get it they will either divide up and start building houses, or just sell it outright.

There's one big parcel that I would buy if they would sell....but they won't yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for them, on renting it. Especially since they're all making bank doing other things.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Their parents
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No labor involved.

Get decent training.

Yes

Nope its in Albuquerque.

Everyone in the city has prison tats and the majority of the buildings look like a post apocalyptic landscape. We had guys based at Kirtland afb that would volunteer to deploy to Afghanistan and Iraq just to get out of Albuquerque.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#38]
It all began with the "Everybody Gets A Trophy" mentality, which bred a feeling of entitlement.

It was all downhill from there.

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Everyone in the city has prison tats and the majority of the buildings look like a post apocalyptic landscape. We had guys based at Kirtland afb that would volunteer to deploy to Afghanistan and Iraq just to get out of Albuquerque.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It all began with the "Everybody Gets A Trophy" you're lower than dog shit if you don't have a college degree in underwater basket weaving and work for some corporate overlord for the next thirty years mentality, which bred a feeling of entitlement.

It was all downhill from there.

View Quote
Fixed

Also, Baby Boomers pushed the everyone gets a trophy thing onto kids.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No labor involved.

Get decent training.

Yes

Nope its in Albuquerque.

You mean like any other city in the U.S. with a population over 200,000?

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just wait till AI starts replacing millions of people's jobs.
View Quote
That will lead to the "useless class". Millions of unemployable people with no way to change careers.
That will then lead to Universal Basic Income, so the newly created useless class can survive. That will of course lead to digital currency, so the Gov't can "make sure" you don't waste it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:54:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Everyone I graduated high school with that stayed in the small town I grew up in works at Walmart or one of the various restaurants or gas stations in town.

I’d wager all of them qualify for welfare.
View Quote

There was jack shit for jobs in my hometown of 5,000 people. I worked at 1 of 2 restaurants in town. You could work at one of the two gas stations, the one grocery store, or Co-op, the Chevy dealership, or be a farmer. We used to have a hospital but it closed when i was in high school. There just wasn't enough open jobs for everyone. I left as soon as I could.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I agree.

I sat and watched as the Left began to dismantle this country in earnest during the 1970's thinking it was important to respect other's opinions….the old "I might not agree with what you say but I'll defend with my life your right to say it"  philosophy.  

That was a mistake on my part.

What's happening today is a result of 6 decades of a strategy being implemented.

View Quote

Absolutely this.  Their long game is about to wrap up.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Just maybe the paper industry hasn't remained as competitive to the workforce.

I know id love to go shovel bark for $8/hr...
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Baby Boomers told Gen Xers and Millennials that the trades and bad and you're worthless if you don't have a college degree and a white collar job. Also, what wetr you offering in pay? If the pay is low, why would people want to do it? Especially now, where an entrepreneur can make a good chunk.of change as a social media influencer.
View Quote

Very true
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:02:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Are you not mediocre?

Will anyone besides your family remember your name in 100 years?
View Quote

Im sure you can name all of your great great grandparents?
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:09:03 AM EDT
[#48]
The Pareto Principle has always been a thing.

The 20% of top men being responsible for 80% of the output.

I think older had an innate understanding of this and didn't create artificial obstructions for producers. I think today's society fights against producers in the name of equality. It doesn't matter, the producers still rise to the top but society has somewhat changed but a lot is still the same.

Hell, think about John Smith instituting the "if you don't work, you don't eat" policy in Jamestown. These were people that had the gumption to sail across an ocean and settle an unsettled continent. The 20% have always been responsible for 80% of more of the output.

Sometimes, I think it would be productive for boomers who love to complain to ask themselves why they are surrounding themselves by those in younger generations who are not in the 20% of producers. There have always been 80% bums. It may be a clue to those boomers who love to complain the most which category they were in during their productive years.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

We currently are being led by weak men....we are in the precipice of living in hard times.
View Quote

Hard men from WWII crated good times that the boomers grew up in, making them weak.

The weak boomers created hard times that millennials have to endure and fix.

It’s really the boomers fault.

Thanks boomers.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The Pareto Principle has always been a thing.

The 20% of top men being responsible for 80% of the output.

I think older had an innate understanding of this and didn't create artificial obstructions for producers. I think today's society fights against producers in the name of equality. It doesn't matter, the producers still rise to the top but society has somewhat changed but a lot is still the same.

Hell, think about John Smith instituting the "if you don't work, you don't eat" policy in Jamestown. These were people that had the gumption to sail across an ocean and settle an unsettled continent. The 20% have always been responsible for 80% of more of the output.

Sometimes, I think it would be productive for boomers who love to complain to ask themselves why they are surrounding themselves by those in younger generations who are not in the 20% of producers. There have always been 80% bums. It may be a clue to those boomers who love to complain the most which category they were in during their productive years.
View Quote
Baby Boomers created artifical roadblocks. Now everything requires a certificate of training, x number of years of experience, and a degree. All while they're grandfathered in. They did it to block competition in their career fields and now those issues are coming home to roost.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top