Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I swear, it's like you guys enjoy worrying about ridiculous stuff.
Nukes aren't going to be flying over Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]
If my city gets nuked I guess I won't have to worry about it happening anymore.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:18:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Lots of burnt out Bentley and Ferrari hulks. Lots of melted fiberglass boat hulls.

Lots of melted lips and titties…

TC
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:38:08 PM EDT
[#4]
FPNI
And I guess it really won't matter will it?
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I likely would read about it first here.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:56:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I hear reveille every morning and should be hearing Taps in about an hour.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:00:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why post a map some 3rd grader made?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I grew up during the cold war; took part in it near the end.  Meh.  If you're vaporized, you're vaporized.  

https://modernsurvivalblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/nuclear-targets-map-usa.jpg

Why post a map some 3rd grader made?

Yeah that map is garbage.  Must take into account a +/- 50 KM accuracy factor due to superior Russian aiming...  so each nuke might possibly hit somewhere in that red smudge.  

Personally am just far enough to maybe make it if they are accurate enough, or too damned close if they miss their intended target by just a small factor...  

Provided everyone is actually home (maybe) it is basically a couple days of dealing with fallout.  Which might be worse than going out at ground zero in the long run, but I prefer to at least try to have the family make it.  Always better to have the option to try, than to not.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:05:04 AM EDT
[#8]
The shittier part of Vegas goes away.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:06:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Learning Russian, drinking excessively and squatting all the time is a small price to pay for DC getting nuked.
View Quote

LOL username and post.. perfect!

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I am about 1 mile away from a primary target,I won't even see the flash.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:18:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Florida is probably safe since Putin's buddy Trump is here and A LOT of Russian oligarch billionaires live in Florida. The rest of you are fucked.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:29:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, according to Nukemap, assuming it's a single SS-25 air burst directly over the Air Guard base at the airport, I'm going to be at the outer edge of the moderate blast damage radius (5 psi).  If it's a surface strike, I'm going to be getting 3rd degree burns.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:38:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Based on the this documentary, I am screwed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:46:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm wondering if they'd even target Nashville.  I don't see much strategy in that.  If they did, I'm close enough to go in the initial blast, depending on the size of the bomb.

If nukes start flying, I don't honestly think I'd want to live in the aftermath.  I'm too old and soft for the Mad Max lifestyle.
View Quote

I heard Nashville was targeted during the Cold War due to its proximity to Ft. Campbell.  Besides being the base for the 101st, the US kept some of its nukes there up through 1965.

The Birdcage

Nashville is also a transportation hub with three interstates intersecting and five railroad routes radiating from the center of the city, so there is that aspect as well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:46:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

+1

The population density is less than 10 people per square mile in the UP and I think the biggest city is Marquette with a population of about 21,000 folks and that's a couple hours away. There's no industry or military bases to target. I think the nearest targets are Green Bay and Duluth which are over 100 miles away.

That said I like my society functional.
View Quote

They will go for Christmas first..Munising 2nd...take out the pasties.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 1:07:49 AM EDT
[#16]
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

Except for me.  I live in the middle of fucking nowhere.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 1:26:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm wondering if they'd even target Nashville.  I don't see much strategy in that.  If they did, I'm close enough to go in the initial blast, depending on the size of the bomb.

If nukes start flying, I don't honestly think I'd want to live in the aftermath.  I'm too old and soft for the Mad Max lifestyle.
View Quote

If you can make it to Hampshire, I will need help defending my Ridge.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 1:35:41 AM EDT
[#18]
NYC nuked would be an improvement.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 7:41:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The shitty thing about DC is that it would probably get hit by multiple nukes, as would every large city. I live near the outskirts of Phoenix, but work closer to the center, so I would probably be fucked too unless I was at home when it hit.

LOL

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/How-is-so-much-of-GD-still-so-ignorant-about-the-actual-effects-of-nuclear-war-/5-2534499/

Thanks for doing thst for me (not that anyone really wants to give up their nuclear war victim fantasy.)

I feel like the guy cleaning the bathrooms at a mcdonalds.  Just when i think im done, another tour bus pulls up.

"I JUST CLEANED THAT !!!!"
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 7:44:23 AM EDT
[#20]
I guess I'll be dead. But I don't think we're going to nuclear war. Why would pootin, who is extremely nationalist, have his beloved russia destroyed? He knows if he pops, all of russia is gone. Why would he do that?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 3:29:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I guess I'll be dead. But I don't think we're going to nuclear war. Why would pootin, who is extremely nationalist, have his beloved russia destroyed? He knows if he pops, all of russia is gone. Why would he do that?
View Quote

Very Optomistic
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 3:45:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Supply shortages.  Lots of them.  You'll run short on apostrophes and regret wasting one in the title of this thread.
View Quote

I like how people ignore the economic issues with nuclear war.  Nuclear Winter is exaggerated and you can survive Fallout....yeah ok.  How about shipping goods?  Medicine?  Law Enforcement vs rampant looting and food riots?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 3:51:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lori lightfoot would blame white conservative gun owners from Indiana.....
View Quote

White people will be blamed period.  Lots of angry minorities that get vaporized in cities will have family members out for blood.   They will see what's going down as being a white people war and lay the blame at their feet.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:10:56 AM EDT
[#24]
worried about it in the 70s and nothing happened, enough that I almost want it to happen this time around.  Kind of like double jeopardy or something.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:13:12 AM EDT
[#25]
They always leave alaska out
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:08:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If my city gets nuked it means they missed terribly.
View Quote

That’s my biggest scare. That Russia doesn’t aim very well and just lets them go.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:15:45 AM EDT
[#27]
I die?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:15:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

This... Except my "city" is a little "town". Composed of a volunteer fire dept and a part time post office. ??
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:16:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Deaths due to blast & radiation poisoning are fairly well documented online.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:31:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This... Except my "city" is a little "town". Composed of a volunteer fire dept and a part time post office. ??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My little town is about 6000 ,not much here to target at all, Who knows...
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:54:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

My little town is about 6000 ,not much here to target at all, Who knows...
View Quote

It's on the list
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 6:08:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The shittier part of Vegas goes away.
View Quote

They'll put a silo buster on top of Nellis... not sure if the shockwave will damage the dam.

Simply put, every state capital will get a 2MT city buster. Every military installation will get
a 10MT silo buster. That targeting alone will finish the country for all intents and purposes.

These are not data I like, even for a moment. I'm a good sized throwing rock away from
Arnold AFB and downwind from Oak Ridge. To say nothing of being downroad from
Nashvillle. What survivors from there will be coming down trying to loot, and if the
residuals don't kill them off, what's left of the good old boys will.

I am minded of a post-Rodney-King-riot photo... had all these folks lined up at a field welfare
office, as the actual had been destroyed in the riots. I could not help thinking how many
of those in the line actually participated in the destruction of the office, but thought that
somehow they would magically get benefits anyway.

Forty years out of date, maybe.... but to the children in here, watch THE DAY AFTER. Shut
off your phones and computers and such, and watch it BY YOURSELF.

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 6:15:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Looking forward to this thread getting nuked.
View Quote

Training Day *BOOM*
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#34]
I rated this as a Troll Thread
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They'll put a silo buster on top of Nellis... not sure if the shockwave will damage the dam.

Simply put, every state capital will get a 2MT city buster. Every military installation will get
a 10MT silo buster. That targeting alone will finish the country for all intents and purposes.

These are not data I like, even for a moment. I'm a good sized throwing rock away from
Arnold AFB and downwind from Oak Ridge. To say nothing of being downroad from
Nashvillle. What survivors from there will be coming down trying to loot, and if the
residuals don't kill them off, what's left of the good old boys will.

I am minded of a post-Rodney-King-riot photo... had all these folks lined up at a field welfare
office, as the actual had been destroyed in the riots. I could not help thinking how many
of those in the line actually participated in the destruction of the office, but thought that
somehow they would magically get benefits anyway.

Forty years out of date, maybe.... but to the children in here, watch THE DAY AFTER. Shut
off your phones and computers and such, and watch it BY YOURSELF.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Hopefully the electrical connections on our modular buildings hold up well. We can only hope though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#37]
How much of this commie propaganda are we going to have to deal with?  Nuclear war would not be that bad.  In some ways it might be for the best.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#38]
effects of nuclear war?

minorities,  undocumented immigrants,  and transpeople will be affected the most
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#39]
The funny thing is, there will be nothing you can really do about it, so it isn’t worth the worry
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Said it once and will say it again. I ain't gonna feed the ducks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I live just south of a couple hundred Minuteman missile silos.

It will end quick for me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm a out 50miles from Barksdale. I'll be radioactive boiled flesh for the five legged pigs to eat.
View Quote

Worked at Bossier base.4 mile blast radius.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I'd die. Which is pretty much the point of a nuke.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'd die. Which is pretty much the point of a nuke.
View Quote

Let's hope not
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#45]
I become the King of Barter town!

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Not gonna happen, miles and miles away from any large metropolis, or strategic targets. In other words, I'm good.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The video is a setup for the political message of no nukes.
View Quote

Surely not (sarcasm)
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#48]
I think civilian targets are tertiary in the event of actual exchanges. Also, I don't think every single military base will earn a nuke. Also i don't think they're as big as people think.

Either way, I'm basically outside Maricopa county, so I doubt I'd be immediately affected. Unless some outside chance I get hit whilst at work.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#49]
I guess I'd have a lot more time on my hands, with the internet being down.

Putin always struck me as more of a false flag kinda guy though, something like sneaking one into lake Yellowstone or D.C. and then getting some terror org. to take responsibility for it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#50]
I can see part of Naval Base San Diego from my back yard, so I assume I wouldn't fare very well.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top