User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 11:32:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

WTF is that shit ???
View Quote

Freaking delicious on a 12°F snowy night.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 11:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
If anyone is in the Wichita, KS area, there's a local chain called Ziggy's. Not sure what style it would fall under, but damn it's good.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 11:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Good pizza. I don't give a shiy about regional style ,I just can't stand shitty pizza.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I had some of that Chicago deep dish crap and it was disgusting.  Besides my grandmothers pizza, the best I have ever had was Regina's in North Boston.

Link Posted: 3/9/2023 11:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

WTF is that shit ???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one has mentioned Colorado style.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/21179/IMG_20190301_174715345-1600x1200_jpg-862714.JPG

I actually really liked it, not top of the pile but I appreciate a different take on it.

You put Honey on the crust.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/21179/IMG_20190301_180501311-1600x1200_jpg-862715.JPG

WTF is that shit ???

Dough is cheap. Toppings are expensive.

> more dough
> less cheese and meat
> same price
> profit
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 11:50:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/46582/Screenshot_20210222-192210_Maps-1837222.jpg

I don't know what kind this is... Is it thin crust bar pizza? It's the kind I like.
View Quote

Dayton style?
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 11:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]
i can't post pics 'cause imgur is down for some reason.
when i got back to quebec from 'bama first thing i said to wife was "order a pizza and sub" or "order a pizza and all dressed poutine".

you yanks don't know pizza,maybe NY,but thats it.
also,greeks make the best food.italians don't really make good food--not around here anyways.
greeks own almost every chain and/or restaurant around here.

the italians make good ingredients such as saputo.

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:08:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:09:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How do you feel about different kinds of chili?
View Quote

My favorite is Tex mex WITH beans and covered with cheese.

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A local pizza shop claims to have a machine that recreates NYC water.  The shop also has the same name as a NY pizza joint and the owners supposedly learned to make pizza at the NY shop.
View Quote

They should bottle Pure Hudson River water and sell it at Wal Mart in the section for pizza ingredients.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:31:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm in the "I'm a fan of all of it category."

Now, I'm prepared to get banned for this next part. I know something must be wrong with me. If I could choose any pizza for the rest of my life it would be school pepperoni pizza from the late 80's/early 90's. I've had the current school pizza and the "crust" doesn't taste good. But that stuff from jr high and high school makes my heart skip a beat.

Go ahead. Ban me. It's worth it.
View Quote
My first mother-in-law was the head cook at my high school and she gave my (first) wife a copy of the school pizza that had been reduced for use at home.  We made it almost every weekend.  We divorced in '90 and I haven't had it since... BUT I still have a copy of the recipe.  
I just may have to dig it out and make it this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:52:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We're exclusively talking American style pizza.    

Being from St.louis I enjoy our bar style cracker crust pizza but at heart I enjoy Brooklyn style pizza the best, followed up by Detroit deep dish.  Chicago deep dish is straight trash that I could go the rest of life without having ever again.

In typical ARF fashion I'm sure 87% of you won't even read the OP.
View Quote

Bashing Chicago deep dish when your city uses Provel cheese.......classy
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:07:20 AM EDT
[#13]
American pizza is only pizza.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:13:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I prefer NY style pizza, but the few times I’ve been to Chicago I always stop in and have one of these. I don’t consider it pizza, just good eats.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240604/2F66A02F-DD4C-4EAA-A0AA-0E4F268C71FC_jpe-2739682.JPG
View Quote

Ahhh the Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Pizza pot pie! Good stuff, but it ain't pizza!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:13:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

WTF is that...and where can I get one?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I prefer NY style pizza, but the few times I’ve been to Chicago I always stop in and have one of these. I don’t consider it pizza, just good eats.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240604/2F66A02F-DD4C-4EAA-A0AA-0E4F268C71FC_jpe-2739682.JPG

WTF is that...and where can I get one?

Here ya go!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Rosatis is a chain out of Chicago. Started in Elgin IL iirc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Detroit = cheesy bread

In Kansas City there is a place called Rosatis that is awesome.

Frankly, I enjoyed Casey's pizza far more than any NY style or Chicago I have eaten.  Detroit holds no appeal whatsoever.

Rosatis is a chain out of Chicago. Started in Elgin IL iirc.

Rosatis sucks, Aurelio's Pizza FTW!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:42:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Obviously Rochester Garbage Plate pIzza

Just kidding

But I did actually did try this.

My vote is for legit NYC pizza although there's room in my heart and more importantly my tummy for pizza from all regions.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:54:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Excellent!
I'm not a fan of doughy crust, but that looks amazing.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:55:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dayton style?
View Quote
Columbus, actually: The Pizza House.

Dayton style is what, Marion's?

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:05:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Is there a pizza house there that ships it on dry ice ?

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:11:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Manhattan is really good.

Statan Island is completely different, but good in it's own way.

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My first mother-in-law was the head cook at my high school and she gave my (first) wife a copy of the school pizza that had been reduced for use at home.  We made it almost every weekend.  We divorced in '90 and I haven't had it since... BUT I still have a copy of the recipe.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in the "I'm a fan of all of it category."

Now, I'm prepared to get banned for this next part. I know something must be wrong with me. If I could choose any pizza for the rest of my life it would be school pepperoni pizza from the late 80's/early 90's. I've had the current school pizza and the "crust" doesn't taste good. But that stuff from jr high and high school makes my heart skip a beat.

Go ahead. Ban me. It's worth it.

Somewhere on here, I posted the usda recipe for rectangle pizza.  Never did try to make it, though
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:26:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No matter what goes on top, the above statement is 100% accurate.
View Quote

Mostly this . Lotsa sauce , cheese , mushrooms sausage , onion, and of course pepperoni .

When I worked at papa johns 10 years back the most requested was PMS .
Peproni, mushroom , sausage .
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#24]

I actually like chicago deep dish, but I dont call it pizza.  So it does not count in this poll.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Thin crust FTW
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Lol Ohio Valley

It really is great pizza with the cheese added on top after it's heated, sounds weird but it's delicious!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It cooks in your mouth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't they supposed to cook that shit for you?  

It cooks in your mouth.

Nice
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 12:28:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Or is it meant to have a bubbly chewy crust?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pizza is meant to have a thin, crunchy crust.

Or is it meant to have a bubbly chewy crust?

No, he got it right.  Although sometime I go for Lou Malnati's*.

*THE Chicago deep dish place. Uno's, not so much.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 12:30:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I like good pizza, the style doesn't matter to me. Crap pizza in any style I'd pass on, great tasting of any style I'll be happy to eat.

I guess I'm not refined enough to ave a favorite
View Quote

This is GD, you are supposed to post stupid shit and not be reasonable and intelligent.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 12:43:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Coal or wood fired thin crust pizza with red (never white) sauce, fresh cheese, and loaded with meat.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 1:57:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Detroit or NY style.

I have never tried New Haven, wouldn't mind trying it sometime. Not going to CT so probably will never happen.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 2:38:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/21179/IMG_20190301_174715345-1600x1200_jpg-862714.JPG

I actually really liked it, not top of the pile but I appreciate a different take on it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/21179/IMG_20190301_180501311-1600x1200_jpg-862715.JPG
View Quote

Tha fuck is that garbage?
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ain't shy, I'll try anything once just to see.  But I don't think that's gonna meet with my approval.  But who knows until you try?

Like grandpa used to say, there's a glove for every hand.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

My man knows what’s up!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Real Chicago pizza, or deep dish?

My man knows what’s up!

It does get tiring explaining this.

But, each time I'm back I notice there seem to be more pizza places not selling the traditional style.

I am really curious about the history of the St. Louis thing. Seems like an offshoot of the Chicago area. Would make sense, as they are so close.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

NY pizza is shit compared to Detroit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a New Yorker now living in Michigan, Detroit style is shit.  Buddy's Pizza?  

New York style is the only real pizza - not a cracker (St. Louis), not a casserole (Chicago), not a greasy lop of shit (Detroit).

New York Sicilian style is the best deep/thick pizza.

NY pizza is shit compared to Detroit

NY pizza is some of the most over-rated pizza out there.

Literally every time I try a place someone recommends, and am underwhelmed, there's someone else who says. "Oh, that's because you didn't try NNN place." When I do, I don't notice the difference.

Unfortunately, I live around too many New Yorkers now and you can't read or talk about pizza around here without the inevitable. "It's not as good as New Yawk" comment.  These same people usually have a dismissive "Chicago casserole" comment loaded in the chamber, as if to be sure to remove all uncertainty as to the low value of their pizza knowledge and opinions in general.

Fortunately, I am 10 minutes from one of the best pizza places I have ever found, making this the only place I have ever lived that doesn't make me miss Chicago pizza so much. I just wish they'd cut it "properly."
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#36]

Correct

Poll fail

Ps. Chicago is garbage
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#37]
FPNI.   Second is Chicago.   NY and Boston are like greasy cheese on cardboard.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/46582/Screenshot_20210222-192210_Maps-1837222.jpg

I don't know what kind this is... Is it thin crust bar pizza? It's the kind I like.
View Quote

Looks Chicago or Chicago adjacent (the real thing, not the deep dish). The green pepper and onion overload isn't my personal cup of tea, but toppings like that are widely available and popular in some circles.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#39]
I'd eat every rendition of pizza. You can like more than one you know.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Check out Goldbelly and you will find a Chicago style pizza shipped.  Can find just about anything.

NY pizza for the win.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#41]
the kind that easiest to get the plastic off and fits in the toaster oven?
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Most people haven't had the best each category has to offer.

In truth, most have never had Detroit style, and if they have, it's chain garbage that's not representative.

As for Chicago, most haven't had the good stuff because the good stuff is only in Chicago in my experience.

I've been fortunate to have tried some very good spots in all categories and will say the following:

Lou Malnati's, which is mostly only in Illinois, has the best Chicago deep dish. I like Giordano's a lot too, but give the edge to Lou's.

Buddy's is my favorite Detroit style, which is mostly only found in Michigan.

John's of Bleecker Street in Manhattan is my favorite NY style.

As for St Louis. I've been to Imo's in St Louis and admit that it is it's own thing, but I didn't like the crust or the provel cheese very much. Has to be my least favorite pizza style.

I'd argue even still a lot of American style pizzas don't fit into these categories. You have fancy pizza and then just the every day hand tossed or pan pizza that is found commonly. The hand tossed aren't NY style because they're too thick. And the pan pizzas aren't Chicago or Detroit, so they're something else.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#43]

Fucking gross, I would rather go down on Hillary

This is a pizza thread, save your casserole for another thread.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Celebrate Pieversity!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Last nights fare

Frank Pepes

(they like to char)

Link Posted: 3/11/2023 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#46]

Small world, but I don’t get the love for either. Between the two Ossos is better though.

I don’t think they have any locations outside of Washington right? If so, right down the street from there is an “Olive Oils Pizza” and it’s 100% better! I will say that it has went down hill from a couple of years ago, but better than that square abomination with unmelted cheese

Link Posted: 3/11/2023 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Most people haven't had the best each category has to offer.

In truth, most have never had Detroit style, and if they have, it's chain garbage that's not representative.

As for Chicago, most haven't had the good stuff because the good stuff is only in Chicago in my experience.

I've been fortunate to have tried some very good spots in all categories and will say the following:

Lou Malnati's, which is mostly only in Illinois, has the best Chicago deep dish. I like Giordano's a lot too, but give the edge to Lou's.

Buddy's is my favorite Detroit style, which is mostly only found in Michigan.

John's of Bleecker Street in Manhattan is my favorite NY style.

As for St Louis. I've been to Imo's in St Louis and admit that it is it's own thing, but I didn't like the crust or the provel cheese very much. Has to be my least favorite pizza style.

I'd argue even still a lot of American style pizzas don't fit into these categories. You have fancy pizza and then just the every day hand tossed or pan pizza that is found commonly. The hand tossed aren't NY style because they're too thick. And the pan pizzas aren't Chicago or Detroit, so they're something else.
View Quote

Solid post!

If you don’t have access to a Buddy’s for Detroit style pie, Jet’s is a decent chain alternative. Their cheese blend is slightly different and the sauce is more distributed than Buddy’s, but it’ll do.

Here’s a recipe for a good homemade alternative. They sent the guy to Buddy’s to learn how. We made it at home, it’s an excellent reproduction.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#48]
I'll take NY, Detroit, Chicago, or Neopolitan style. They have all the elements; tomato sauce, raised dough crust, and toppings. St. Lewis soda cracker crust does not qualify as pizza. Neither does substituting tomato sauce with Raunchy salad dressing. That shit isn't pizza.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Poll fail.  No Brier Hill style pie.  Youngstown pie is best pie.

Link Posted: 3/11/2023 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Solid post!

If you don’t have access to a Buddy’s for Detroit style pie, Jet’s is a decent chain alternative. Their cheese blend is slightly different and the sauce is more distributed than Buddy’s, but it’ll do.

Here’s a recipe for a good homemade alternative. They sent the guy to Buddy’s to learn how. We made it at home, it’s an excellent reproduction.
View Quote

@macman37 do you have the details of this recipe? It's been a paywall.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top