Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i'll take a hellcat in mango orange

https://i.imgur.com/2W4Scz4.jpg
View Quote

In the aggregate, the only group of car owners who are bigger douches than people who think their 90s era Lexus/Acura is a race car, are people who own Challengers.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve always like the gray primer look. Had my ‘87 trans am primered 25 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Meh, majority of cars are either black or white these days.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 1:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Jeep Anvil.  Love it.
View Quote

My JK in Anvil is a 2014 model.  I wouldn't call it a "recent" model of automobile.  The point is that the "gray shade" of colors has been out for a while now, but only really became popular in the last 2-3 years.

On the right vehicle, it looks awesome, especially with black accents.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Reminds me of being on an Army or Navy base.
View Quote

YEP!
I coated my dock battleship gray this week.
Attachment Attached File
 I thought to myself the kids would love this color on their rides.  

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#6]
The colors don't bother me as much as the quality.  I have seen numerous new cars recently with very noticeable orange peel.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Chrome everywhere? Or, bone stock Camry?
View Quote
I like metallic colors. I also like body panels painted the same color as the trim.

Look, it's your money. I just don't dig it.

I've seen the Tacomas in that paint job in khaki. Just looks like a wannabe technical.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#8]
The late 60s and early 70s are making a comeback.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks good IMO. I dig suede on muscle cars, too.

I also like wild colors. Really bums me out that Toyota discontinued this color

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Loving my Leadfoot Grey F150. Bummer they don't have that color on the F250s.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It got it's start with as a humble flex with exotic imports. ie:  "I'm Soooo fuckin' rich, Ima drive this heah car which cost more than yo house, an I'm gonna do it sportin' Primer, so I can blend in with the poors..... Tastefully understated.        

Now, we see it on Hyundais, so it's come full circle: Poor people pretending to be rich people pretending to be poor people.  

It's the Ripped-Bleached Jeans of the automotive world.  
The dumbest trend since "murdered out" or "Forced Patina".  It's gonna age poorly.  

Looks OK on some Jeep/Tacomas though.    

View Quote
It looks great on the Tacoma to me.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm a big fan of bold colors too.  My Civic is in one of those "shiny/flat" nonmetallic paints - even shinier now that it's ceramic coated.

It's definitely easy to spot.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I like them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nardo is best grey.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 2:32:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Combination of changing the color pallet and cost savings.  Easier to get the appearance of good coverage with varying levels of mil thickness.  If you are a little thin with greys/silvers the base metal doesn't come through.  

On a side note, I hate theses freakin' things.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm a big fan of bold colors too.  My Civic is in one of those "shiny/flat" nonmetallic paints - even shinier now that it's ceramic coated.

It's definitely easy to spot.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160/PXL_20210601_194450105_jpg-1990952.JPG
View Quote

I like it
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looks cheap.

But it's your money.

At least murdered out is dying off.
View Quote

Anyone saying "murdered out" instead of blacked out, most likely uses the terms "rims" for wheels and "kicks" for shoes.  I imagine them wearing a flat-brimmed cap, Van skate shoes and board shorts.  Middle-aged pretending to be a teenager like Ken Block.  

Regardless, that chalk GT3 in the OP looks amazing in-person.  Whatever color that Civic is actually manages to make it look even worse than usual.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Some of y’all are using the term “flat”. Flat is a sheen, or percentage of shine, like gloss or satin. It’s not a color description. And most of these colors do have metallic or Pearl flake in them even if you can’t see it. “Opaque” means the color is not transparent, you can’t see through it. There are colors that aren’t as opaque and they actually use the undercoat to get the overall color appearance. This would be in the tri-coats, Pearl whites being the most common, and also in candy colors. These grays and earth tones are all opaque.” Earth tone” is the term I use to describe the grays.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I don’t know, but I like it and want something like this pretty bad:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

With shit wheels.  Congrats.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

i've seen worse. some of those toyota wheels.....
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Anyone saying "murdered out" instead of blacked out, most likely uses the terms "rims" for wheels and "kicks" for shoes.  I imagine them wearing a flat-brimmed cap, Van skate shoes and board shorts.  Middle-aged pretending to be a teenager like Ken Block.  

Regardless, that chalk GT3 in the OP looks amazing in-person.  Whatever color that Civic is actually manages to make it look even worse than usual.
View Quote

Thanks - I had no idea what "murdered out" meant.  At least now I know it means "tinted dark"

I'll grant the styling of the 10th gen Civic is polarizing (the CTR in particular), but fortunately for me I'm in the camp that likes it.  And shut yer dirty mouth - Boost Blue is best blue!!  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#24]
"What is with the paint colors on new cars lately?"

I think its the dumbest shit colors ever, that's what.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thanks - I had no idea what "murdered out" meant.  At least now I know it means "tinted dark"

I'll grant the styling of the 10th gen Civic is polarizing (the CTR in particular), but fortunately for me I'm in the camp that likes it.  And shut yer dirty mouth - Boost Blue is best blue!!  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160/ctr07_jpg-1991172.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160/ctr09_jpg-1991173.JPG

View Quote

I don't think the people who call it that know what it means either.

My mouth is dirty, but I actually like that blue you just posted pics of.  I was referring to  whatever hideous color the civic is in the original post.  

IMO, your model Civic looks good from the front, but that back end looks almost as bad as the C8 Corvette or whatever the current gen Camaro is.  Like an F-117 from Wish.com.  My tastes fall in line more with the smooth rounded asses of a MKIV Supra, 991, 992, and McClaren 570s.  Similarly, I don't like fat butt women, but definitely don't like pelvic and tail bones sticking out either.    
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:21:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:23:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Audi Nardo Gray or Porsche Miami Blue are amazing.

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Non metallic colors.

I like them. My next Toyota truck will probably be Army Green.
View Quote

That's it.  No flake, no pearl.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top