Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#1]
In a word?

Charter
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a center console Carolina Skiff now, and it's a great boat. It does great on rivers, lakes, and in light ocean seas.

If I had an unlimted budget, I'd have a pilothouse Parker.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
388 Skater with 1100's/#6's
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The whole story of your boat was awesome to follow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The whole story of your boat was awesome to follow.
Thank you!  Being a part of the design and build was one of the more fun things I've ever done.  Here are my two ladies meeting for the first time in Taiwan:

Quoted:

The stuff of dreams for sure. Nice nice toy!

What speed will she make?
I had her at 17 knots while in Taiwan, but 16.5 WOT sustained appears to be the published number.  She's not really a top speed boat, though.  Her displacement speed is 11 knots, which is the fastest we'd usually run her.  Running at 7 or 9 knots drops fuel use a good bit, which is where we'll mostly run.  Here's a performance chart that we later realized was PER ENGINE, so you have to double the fuel consumption numbers.  Therefore, at 7.6 knots we're getting exactly 1 nmpg, while at 9.3 knots we're getting 0.6 nmpg, and at 11 knots we're getting 0.35 nmpg.  We ran around 13.6 knots to Bimini and back last week and were burning almost 80 GPH and getting 0.175 nmpg.  As you can see, every two knots of additional speed roughly doubles fuel burn.  We covered the 55nm to Bimini in 4 hours, though, which was a nice run.  I'll probably fill her for the first time in a few weeks, which will be a ~$7,500 fuel bill.  The sting of that should be enough to keep us at 7.6 knots for at least a few weeks! Ironically, the range numbers below are correct.

Quoted:
In a word?

Charter
Truth!  Or have a friend with a boat
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I really enjoy bass fishing, I’d love to get a decked out brand new bass boat with multiple screens, power poles, big platforms on front end rear, lots of storage, etc.

I’d have to look at the different brands and models, I don’t know much about them. Too steep for my blood.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#6]
You do know this boat rolled a few weeks back and killed the passengers?

Rogue wave at speed.    N/M, it's been covered.

I'm also a fan of my Fountain.

Attachment Attached File

And my friend's Cobalt is nice.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The boat I mentioned in my last post. 141' racing/fishing schooner I helped build.

http://i68.tinypic.com/1411hqx.png" target="_blank">http://i68.tinypic.com/1411hqx.png
View Quote
That's the ticket, right there.

Sailing is fun, I'd love to walk away from everything and just do it.

Link Posted: 5/19/2018 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Ah yes. Hinckley. So nice.
But if you have to inquire about the price, you can't afford it.
Although I know of a 50 year old one for sale for less than $20k.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Love bass fishin. I would be happy to get a  kayak or small Jon Boat or even a canoe.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top