User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:47:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

The P80 is the Glock improved.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I've built a few. Haven't shot them yet. They're fun to put togther.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I do hope they expand their offerings to allow the use of Gen4 slides and their RSA
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Finished this one last week. FTF! Haven't been able to figure out why.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are the laws about helping a buddy build one?
View Quote
Kinda like dont ask dont tell. I'm sick of laws
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:50:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What are the laws about helping a buddy build one?
View Quote
For fucks sake stop with the “law” whoreshipping
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I do hope they expand their offerings to allow the use of Gen4 slides and their RSA
View Quote
There is an issue with Glock still having a patent on Gen 4 and up.

If you're dead set on using a Gen 4 slide without heavily modding the frame, your only option is using a Gen 4 G19/G23 slide on the subcompact P80 frame. It'll leave a gap at the front that exposes the recoil spring, but Lone Wolf makes an adapter to cover it.

Here's my "G26L" that I put together, and then tore down and parted out:

There wasn't anything wrong with it. Just decided I didn't really need it and wanted some extra $ to put toward other projects.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’d honestly rather have the Gen4 mag release.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holster options?  You have my attention.
C&G Holsters makes several types, mine has been gtg
Thanks
Tenicor, JMCK, and TR Holsters are a few others.

I’m carrying a PF940C in a Comp-Tac Minotaur with a G21 shell.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 1:59:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've built three and they work fine. I do and have carried one as my CCW. There's a whole huge thread on these.
Where at?
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Polymer80-So-easy-a-caveman-could-do-it-/5-2075494/
Thanks man
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 1:59:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you don't use a factory gun as your carry gun, you will regret it. Factory gun, factory ammo, don't give the courts anymore reason to nail you to the wall.
View Quote
That’s not even on my radar in terms of reasons to use or not to use factory parts.  I’m asking reliability wise
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 2:01:16 AM EDT
[#12]
How aggressive is the texture?  I carry IWB 100% and against skin
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 2:03:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So you're saying you have no faith in your craftsmanship but have faith that you will somehow perform better with a gun you literally know nothing about who made it?
View Quote
he didn’t mold the frame.......
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 2:05:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I used to think that same thing. Then there was the George Zimmerman trial. They tried to argue that his choice to carry "Critical Duty" ammo indicated he was some sort of wannabe cop.
View Quote
1. Zim got off.

2. Had he not used CD ammo do you think it would have made a difference in his legal situation?
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 2:09:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Any of y’all with big hands, do you get slide bite?  Like palm a basketball size hands
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 2:09:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you don't use a factory gun as your carry gun, you will regret it. Factory gun, factory ammo, don't give the courts anymore reason to nail you to the wall.
View Quote
I think whether or not you were justified in shooting someone will matter more than what you shot them with.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 2:10:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I used to think that same thing. Then there was the George Zimmerman trial. They tried to argue that his choice to carry "Critical Duty" ammo indicated he was some sort of wannabe cop.
View Quote
I watched that whole trial and I do not remember that coming up at all.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:06:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Massive Aboob, please go back to Reddit
On an episode of the first 48..a girl was shot and killed with RIP 9mm...the detective said she was killed with the most dangerous nasty round that exists..or.some crap along those lines...they showed the video of it expanding and coming apart etc...I found it trivial and funny but I'm sure many that watch the show thought "oh geez..that should be banned..
That's horrible....blabla...
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:13:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Crazy, right?

I’ve even heard of people collecting multiple Garands.  At least the P80s are in a variety of calibers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would anyone build so many guns of the same type?
Crazy, right?

I’ve even heard of people collecting multiple Garands.  At least the P80s are in a variety of calibers.

I bet the guy that builds all the Garlands has them in a few calibers as well.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:34:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm curious...where does this come from?
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Any of y’all with big hands, do you get slide bite?  Like palm a basketball size hands
View Quote
No, and less chance of that happening than with an OEM frame.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm curious...where does this come from?
View Quote
My guess:
CCH class instructors that also own gun ranges / stores.

AKA: Please buy my overpriced shit.  You know that glock you can buy online for under $500 is not nearly the quality of the one I have here in the case for $635.  And don't get me started on ammo, you know my stuff right here is much more reliable than anything else ever ever not never ever
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How aggressive is the texture?  I carry IWB 100% and against skin
View Quote
Pretty aggressive.  I love it.

The Brownell’s “aggressive” texture is actually less so than the regular texture.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Crazy, right?

View Quote
BAZINGA! ????
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#25]
I've done a few, no issues so far and about 2000 rounds split between them. There's tons of info in the build thread.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Lefty here, really wish they'd put out a Gen 4 version for the ambi mag release.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Do want!
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
When I attended the police academy, the man that ran the entire state's defensive tactics program (not firearms, but the underlying theory, hands on defensive tactics, use of force etc) put it this way:  "If the use of force is appropriate to the situation, the means by which that force is applied is of no consequence."

IOW, if deadly force is appropriate to the situation, it doesn't really matter if the deadly force used is applied with a firearm, sword, spear, axe, a machine gun, large rock, ones bare hands or a sharpened pencil.  The biggest question is whether the level of force applied is appropriate to the situation.

Problems can happen if deadly force is applied unintentionally (such as an unintentional discharge of the firearm) because of modifications to a firearm.  However in those cases, the deadly force applied was NOT appropriate, hence the problem.

Attorneys can bring up that the firearm was not a stock configuration, or the ammunition was unusual, but those are really just red herrings to sensationalize the case, and really don't matter to the underlying question whether the level of force used was appropriate to the situation.    Questions about why a certain device was used to apply deadly force should be brought back to real question of whether the use of deadly force was appropriate.

I would be very interested to learn of any court cases that can be cited where deadly force was appropriate, and the court ruled that the method by which that deadly force was applied turned the case against the defendant.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
When I attended the police academy, the man that ran the entire state's defensive tactics program (not firearms, but the underlying theory, hands on defensive tactics, use of force etc) put it this way:  "If the use of force is appropriate to the situation, the means by which that force is applied is of no consequence."

IOW, if deadly force is appropriate to the situation, it doesn't really matter if the deadly force used is applied with a firearm, sword, spear, axe, a machine gun, large rock, ones bare hands or a sharpened pencil.  The biggest question is whether the level of force applied is appropriate to the situation.

Problems can happen if deadly force is applied unintentionally (such as an unintentional discharge of the firearm) because of modifications to a firearm.  However in those cases, the deadly force applied was NOT appropriate, hence the problem.

Attorneys can bring up that the firearm was not a stock configuration, or the ammunition was unusual, but those are really just red herrings to sensationalize the case, and really don't matter to the underlying question whether the level of force used was appropriate to the situation.    Questions about why a certain device was used to apply deadly force should be brought back to real question of whether the use of deadly force was appropriate.

I would be very interested to learn of any court cases that can be cited where deadly force was appropriate, and the court ruled that the method by which that deadly force was applied turned the case against the defendant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at the hk employee case from 84 I believe.  He shot a dude with a machine gun.  After much hemming and hawing by the prosecutors he was acquitted.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#30]
I really want to build one of these but all the different combinations of parts and their compatibility have my head spinning.  Is there a combination of slide/frame/parts kit that runs 100%?  Or is figuring that out part of the fun?

I'd like to have something like a 19 with the RMR cuts and a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#31]
I have built 2.

I like!
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Massive Aboob, please go back to Reddit
And he was cleared of the charges.

Or are you advocating carrying fmj as well?
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So you're saying you have no faith in your craftsmanship but have faith that you will somehow perform better with a gun you literally know nothing about who made it?
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I really want to build one of these but all the different combinations of parts and their compatibility have my head spinning.  Is there a combination of slide/frame/parts kit that runs 100%?  Or is figuring that out part of the fun?

I'd like to have something like a 19 with the RMR cuts and a threaded barrel.
View Quote
Go to https://80pbuilder.com/
You can custom build your kit, or just select one of their stock kits.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Finished this one last week. FTF! Haven't been able to figure out why.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/271079/20190313_181836_jpg-886027.JPG
View Quote
Failure to Feed or failure to fire?
@ATX_Road_Warrior.
I just went thru a whole deal with failure to feed with a g19 kit.

I'll post it up if you want.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:00:06 PM EDT
[#37]
I hear SEALs use them in black operations in the Caribbean.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Oh shut up, garand whore.

Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That’s not even on my radar in terms of reasons to use or not to use factory parts.  I’m asking reliability wise
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've built three. I used a Lone Wolf frame kit on one of them. Never did get it to work correctly. The trigger housing seemed like softer material than an OEM Glock housing. The trigger would not reset. Tried several fixes, and finally replaced it with a Glock parts kit. No more issues. All three work great now.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Lefty here, really wish they'd put out a Gen 4 version for the ambi mag release.
View Quote
Just use a MARS mag release.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I've built three. I used a Lone Wolf frame kit on one of them. Never did get it to work correctly. The trigger housing seemed like softer material than an OEM Glock housing. The trigger would not reset. Tried several fixes, and finally replaced it with a Glock parts kit. No more issues. All three work great now.
View Quote
Thanks. I’m planning on using all OEM Glock parts sans the polymer 80 frame.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well that's like your opinion.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#44]
In terms of holsters does anyone know if you can reshape the trigger to fit a regular Glock holster like a stealthgear?
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
There is literally no evidenced to back this up.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#46]
I have built 4 or 5 they are interesting,  I found a nice stone will flatten the locking blocks and make them smooth as butter

I have shot them a good bit,  no issues after break in.

they feel good
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Go to https://80pbuilder.com/
You can custom build your kit, or just select one of their stock kits.
View Quote
You may have just cost me money with that link
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Doubletap
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Then surely you would never carry a Glock or other pistol adapted for use by LEO/MIL.... riiiiigggghhhttt???

"teh courtz" is not a thing. Prosecutors vary considerably, from "dervishly fanatical" zeal in putting Defendant's ass in a sling to painfully stupid/lazy, they do not want to lift a finger to do their job.

Make a gray-area/questionable shoot in a large city with politically charged variables that people can throw at the wall and make stick and there is a strong chance of a fishing expedition for anything ridiculous or attenuated. No, that's not a point in favor of making your case... is is a flat declaration that once a person crosses into this territory and stands before a DA with resources and political pressure to make a case, there is no way to reliably anticipate and insulate against the BS.

- Duty Ammo? Reloads? Aboob Gunrag nonsense?
- Homebrew 80%er, aftermarket mods of ANY kind?
- LEO/Mil "wannabee" training?
- Lack of proper training?
- Multiple guns? Ammo "Stockpiles?"
- Participation on internet firearms forums?
- Participation on social media?
- Strange websites visited?
- Racist/radical books (WW2 History and gun manuals)?
- Radical media (American History X DVD and COD PS4 games)?

This nonsense came without serious thought, so you can imagine how the list could be doubled or tripled by an overzealous prosecutor on a fishing expedition (that still has to demonstrate how such items are more probative than prejudicial before a judge on a motion to exclude).

Point being, if internet "advisors" don't employ CYA on all these factors and preach their inclusion in addition to their "legal advice" then we are all better off with their withdrawal from the panel of internet legal "expertise."
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Because they know that carrying cop ammo is a valid defensive argument ( I use the same ammo officers use because it’s effective at stopping threats) and they wanted to break that in a case under heavy media scrutiny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they know that carrying cop ammo is a valid defensive argument ( I use the same ammo officers use because it’s effective at stopping threats) and they wanted to break that in a case under heavy media scrutiny.
Juries are stupid and gullible.  Your lawyer therefore explains:

"You asked a public safety officer working with the local police what defensive rounds they use to keep everybody safe, protect the public, and keep themselves from getting hurt by the bad guys.

Naturally, you followed their professional advice exactly."
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top