Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The commercials are on Newsmax and Real America's Voice,   it's blatant pandering .   The race for wokeness will culminate when and where exactly ?   Will there be a federal agency overseeing mandated diversity in advertising ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are you watching?

The commercials are on Newsmax and Real America's Voice,   it's blatant pandering .   The race for wokeness will culminate when and where exactly ?   Will there be a federal agency overseeing mandated diversity in advertising ?

Believe it or not, its worse on other channels. I was watching VICE the other day, and they had a commercial I hadnt seen with a interracial, middle aged, male couple and their "diverse" children. I was actually wondering if they were supposed to be gay till they showed them in bed, since they don't usually show middle aged male gays. It was pretty gross.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Believe it or not, its worse on other channels. I was watching VICE the other day, and they had a commercial I hadnt seen with a interracial, middle aged, male couple and their "diverse" children. I was actually wondering if they were supposed to be gay till they showed them in bed, since they don't usually show middle aged male gays. It was pretty gross.
View Quote

I think VICE just assumes that if you're watching, you're a giant fag.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Last time I watched commercials it seemed that if someone was misinformed or in need of "education" it was a white male.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Old news.  Can't even let your kids watch TV nowadays.  Even if the show is safe the commercials will show all the couples as dykes or fags.

Even Wheel of Fortune isn't safe due to the intros.  My daughter had to ask when she was 6 why one of the guys said "my husband".
View Quote

Lol.  My kids learned about homosexuality from a Wheel of Fortune intro.  They had the exact reaction.  "Husband!?!?!"
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#5]
White people are evil didn't you hear. Wouldn't want evil people representing your company would you.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I havnt watched actual tv in probably 5 years. Neither has my family.

I mean, who does anymore? Why?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
you watch tv with commercials? And they are pushing an agenda?

I gave up on tv many years ago, like 10-15 years ago. Seriously no broadcast and no cable. I can watch anything i want commercial free anytime i want. So can you. Its called the internet.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/PnggNmuamz7kbgfUTL/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ccnlhmzuzb3gnja0r12gfldvdwfcmhxzaxpxs8tj&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
View Quote

Don’t be a cuck.   Some streaming shows commercials.  Take your boomer and shove up your *ss
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Lol.  My kids learned about homosexuality from a Wheel of Fortune intro.  They had the exact reaction.  "Husband!?!?!"
View Quote

I just told her it was a crazy person and left it at that.  When she's a teenager I will explain all the crazy people in the world but for now she can enjoy being an innocent kid for at least a few more years.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

When we went camping last summer the people on one side of us were black. The ones on the other side were hispanic. Since I'm Native American, I guess that means there were three minorites in a row.

But OP is right. There shouldn't be any minorities in TV commercials, since they are all too poor to buy anything in the first place.
View Quote

Thank you! A voice of reason
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Didn’t read.

Stop watching television. Go outside.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thank you! A voice of reason
View Quote

More like a voice of SJW.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:22:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I like them fat ass black women.  Seriously ugly and with no redeeming attributes.  Kind'a like what's happening to my perceptions....
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:23:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Didn't read.

Stop watching television. Go outside.
View Quote

Good advice. Or maybe read a book, find a productive hobby.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hulu
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never watch TV.  Last month I visited friends, watched several hours of TV with their kids.  85% of the actors were black, brown, Asian.  There were many gays or gay couples.  The only white women in relationships were in relationships with black men.  The only white men were either older fat morons or young wimpy guys.

The propaganda is real.

Wow, what channel were you watching?

Hulu

I was being sarcastic, I don’t believe you.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not in the ADT or security commercials. All the perps are white. Prob just a coincidence.
View Quote

Just like the movie I'm nobody because its always 5 white males  who are 30 years old  wearing black leather jackets that terrorize a bus .
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I like them fat ass black women.  Seriously ugly and with no redeeming attributes.  Kind'a like what's happening to my perceptions....
View Quote

That must gag reflex conditioning being conducted,    they show" people " that are repulsive to see and listen to .    They demand acceptance and you had better comply or bad things will happen to you.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm actually all for promoting suburban family values among minorities and multicultural groups in the media.

Wasn't the Cosby show extremely popular with the majority of Americans in its time?  Family Matters?  Fresh Prince of Bel Air?  

Unfortunately the reality of minority life didn't emulate the fantasy of television enough.  The epidemic of fatherless families has been our greatest cultural problem of the last five decades.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#18]
What’s up with all the people who spend their time counting how many people of which color are in commercials?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

When we went camping last summer the people on one side of us were black. The ones on the other side were hispanic. Since I'm Native American, I guess that means there were three minorites in a row.

But OP is right. There shouldn't be any minorities in TV commercials, since they are all too poor to buy anything in the first place.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Gotta push that agenda.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#21]
The birth rate is 1.6. It must be 2.1 to maintain.

White women are not having enough babies so the population is shrinking. Minorities that do have babies are most likely on the government assistance program.

Women control 80% of household spending. Men aren’t marrying.

Our monetary system requires economic output to exceed the inflationary debt spending of government.

Men that are not married make about $45k less/year because they don’t have too.

60% of college grads are women.

Corporations are going woke in a last ditch effort to grow sales and not go broke.

We are in the beginning of the collapse.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Bought my 8 year old son the complete A-Team on DVD.  I should have to worry about those adds for a while.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 1:28:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm actually all for promoting suburban family values among minorities and multicultural groups in the media.

Wasn't the Cosby show extremely popular with the majority of Americans in its time?  Family Matters?  Fresh Prince of Bel Air?  

Unfortunately the reality of minority life didn't emulate the fantasy of television enough.  The epidemic of fatherless families has been our greatest cultural problem of the last five decades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I said the same thing, no problem with it. Its not all pandering, its educational instruction. Certain demographics just aren't good with book learning, I was always learned better in school with video lessons from production companies rather than a stuttering mumbling public school teacher who didn't know it any better than they could read it

A library hosting rainbow monkey butt dildo and drag queens to children is pandering

Quoted:
What’s up with all the people who spend their time counting how many people of which color are in commercials?

I can guarantee some black folk were complaining at some time of the whiteness of commercials, you only see when it affects you and people of your kind. So marketing today has to check every box down the transgender rainbow monkey dildo butt at childrens library
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 1:37:54 AM EDT
[#24]
You are the minority.  They are advertising to the majority.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 1:41:20 AM EDT
[#25]
If you notice, couples in commercials will always be biracial.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 1:52:23 AM EDT
[#26]
If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it does it make a sound? Same with television and mass media.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:08:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Indoctrination.

Commercials, and many shows are showing fewer whites and more minorities and gays, especially blacks. You would think blacks and interacial families were 50% of the population. Get use to it! It's your new world order run by liberal self hating whites. The current and future young impressionable youths are taught that this is the new America that is best, because the old America was too white and proud of it's 1st world status.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:09:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Because grumpy old white conservatives bitch on Facebook how they don't watch TV, so advertisers target other audiences. Then grumpy old white conservatives bitch on Facebook that they aren't being advertised to on a media they don't watch.
View Quote

That is really a side effect.  Not the cause.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:10:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Whats with all the commercials with dogs in them? Flavor of the month to make idiots feel all warm and fuzzy?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:11:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's called "decolonization." The goal is to get you used to seeing very few white people, to accustom you to a world where they replace you.

View Quote

Very few white people=Diversity.

It's a sin for white nations to be majority white.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:17:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There's a commercial for an AIDS vaccine made up of 100% gay black men

I haven't decided if it's woke or racist
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:32:58 AM EDT
[#32]
I pretty much only watch TVB shows these days so everyone and their mom on there are Hong Kong people. There's on occasion white guys or Indian guys speaking Cantonese though here and there.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:37:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Whats with all the commercials with dogs in them? Flavor of the month to make idiots feel all warm and fuzzy?
View Quote

Yea because cats are sneaky and conniving. You've seen the movie Cats & Dogs right, the cats were about to wage biological warfare
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:46:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look at LL Bean's Instagram feed, it's maybe 80% black a bunch of urban stuff. They and Winnebago sponsor a black woman with a white husband who go camping. The day I find a black guy camping I'll let Gd know.

National Parks service freaked out over black people not camping. Jesus it's not like camping is some expensive white golf club that can black ball African Americans.

I hate to hear that. Here at Usury-Are-Us we think you deserve a credit card so you can buy anything. You can apply now with 6  months interest free with an APR of 24%.

It comes with a complimentary 20 gallon keg of whiskey.

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 3:01:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I said the same thing, no problem with it. Its not all pandering, its educational instruction. Certain demographics just aren't good with book learning, I was always learned better in school with video lessons from production companies rather than a stuttering mumbling public school teacher who didn't know it any better than they could read it

A library hosting rainbow monkey butt dildo and drag queens to children is pandering

I can guarantee some black folk were complaining at some time of the whiteness of commercials, you only see when it affects you and people of your kind. So marketing today has to check every box down the transgender rainbow monkey dildo butt at childrens library
View Quote

Does it actually effect anyone though?  Seeing a bunch of black or white people on TV or even trannys, is it really going to impact your life?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 3:02:30 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm so tired of trying to explain this.

Honestly, take a marketing class.

It's all about making more money and appealing to a wider demographics. It's not about being woke, it's about how they can draw more people in and make more money.

To break it down Barney style. Here you go:

Boss to marketing/advertising department:
"Our internal figures show that 95% of our products are being purchased by white middle class families. How can we improve sales to minorities or gays?"

Marketing/advertisement department:
"Well since we've had consistent sales to white middle class America for the past 20 years, let's see if we can reach groups that aren't buying our products. How about the next commercial has a white husband, black wife, and a gay Asian neighbor."

Before you had commercials that were almost always 100% white couples.
How many demographics watching those commercials are seeing themselves using your product?
-White middle class families....check!
-Heterosexual couples....check!

Compared to a commercial with a white husband, black wife, and gay Asian neighbor.

How many demographics watching the commercial are now seeing themselves using your product?
-White husband for white people...check!
-Black wife for black people...check!
-Heterosexual couple for heterosexual couples...check!
-Mixed race couple for mixed race couples...check!
-Asian neighbor for Asian people...check!
-Gay neighbor gay people...check!

You're casting a much wider net when fishing.

Commercials are all about showing "you" (the consumer watching the commercial) using the product. It doesn't matter that gay or blacks are a tiny percentage of the population, marketers don't give a shit about demographic statistics in regards to actual population if they happen to already have one strong demographic consistently buying their products. The only demographic statistics they care about is reaching people that aren't currently buying their products, adding them, and making more money. That's it.

Now can we please save this post for the other dozen threads that will bring this up every few months?

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 3:30:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Its interesting but I can't say I've ever been turned away from a useful product because a black, asian, indian, family was using it. Thats a little weird. Are you saying that black families won't buy the products because a white family is shown using it? if so, sounds like racism in today broad defintions
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 3:52:58 AM EDT
[#38]
edit- wow should have read more thread before posting ..

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:02:07 AM EDT
[#39]
At least they've stopped showing the Brady Bunch reboot commercials with all the drag queens.

Those were creepy.

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:18:26 AM EDT
[#40]
I think it’s funny how advertisers almost always have the black women with huge afros.

They must think we’re so stupid that we won’t realize the women are black without amplifying their blackness.

All the black women I know either wear their hair cropped short, relaxed, or with relaxed wigs.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:35:30 AM EDT
[#41]
It's all about selling stuff.

The ad people could give a hoot about race/gender/LGBXYZ/..... They need a catchy angle.

If it was the usual white people in the commercial, the average viewer wouldn't even notice the product.

Minority-mixed race/LGBXYX/..... and you are a cracker, you watch the commercial and notice the goods being sold.

If your are the minority/..... you feel all warm inside because they "care about you".

Liberals eat it up.

Social Justice????? ...................... nope. It's all about the money.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:37:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I think it’s funny how advertisers almost always have the black women with huge afros.

They must think we’re so stupid that we won’t realize the women are black without amplifying their blackness.

All the black women I know either wear their hair cropped short, relaxed, or with relaxed wigs.
View Quote

Look at the actual color of their skin too. It's always light skinned black women. You almost never see dark skinned black women. The men you'll see are a bit darker, but none of them are ever the very dark skin tones of those from Africa.

It's a scheme that goes back to the days of the Cotton Club in NYC where the women could be attractive, scantily clad black women as long as they weren't too dark and the men could be darker because they weren't trying to be seductive to the white customers. It's the marketing of the "exotic", but not too exotic.

The artificial diversity of modern advertising is just as racist as their would be lack of any people of color. If you have to try too hard to make your commercial, TV show, or movie diverse, then it's not actually diverse in the first pale.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:37:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Media in general is overwhelmingly liberal to begin with so they are skewing their hiring towards minorities, then on top of that, whites of Christian background are the minority in every position of power in those same media outlets. So minorities are hiring other minorities pretty much, even though it's made out to be taboo or "privileged" for whites of Christian background to do that. The ads are also mostly all coming from Los Angeles and to a lesser extent NYC [both cities with whites as a minority], which means that the people walking in the doors are not white most of the time but of minority backgrounds.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:40:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It's all about selling stuff.

The ad people could give a hoot about race/gender/LGBXYZ/..... They need a catchy angle.

If it was the usual white people in the commercial, the average viewer wouldn't even notice the product.

Minority-mixed race/LGBXYX/..... and you are a cracker, you watch the commercial and notice the goods being sold.

If your are the minority/..... you feel all warm inside because they "care about you".

Liberals eat it up.

Social Justice????? ...................... nope. It's all about the money.
View Quote

I suppose this used to be like my high school science textbooks where they ALWAYS had a kid in a wheelchair alongside a white, asian, black, muslim in garb, because you wouldnt know they were muslim unless they had the headgear, all looking up smiling looking upwards toward the camera
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:41:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Over-representation?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:41:18 AM EDT
[#46]
The logical solution is to seek help for your drama addiction, turn off the soma/"entertainment" and find other ways to occupy your time. Realistically any attention you give the entertainment industries is putting money in the pockets of people who openly hate you and actively work to destroy your rights and your culture.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:41:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Look at LL Bean's Instagram feed, it's maybe 80% black a bunch of urban stuff. They and Winnebago sponsor a black woman with a white husband who go camping. The day I find a black guy camping I'll let Gd know.

National Parks service freaked out over black people not camping. Jesus it's not like camping is some expensive white golf club that can black ball African Americans.
View Quote

@Aimless
I actually seen a black family camping once. They rented out a u-haul van to bring everything in . The funniest part was that they were having their kids shit in a home depot 5 gallon bucket, right where everyone can see

Bathrooms were within walking distance too...
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:46:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Companies used to run advertising with a minority focus mostly in heavily black markets or in media with a mostly minority readership. They simply switched that content to the mainstream consumer market.

It goes beyond advertising.

When the guys designing entertainment product admit to making content decisions such " we can't depict a white guy coming in to save the day", you know that they're controlling the message in the final product to such a degree that you gave to make a decision as to whether you want to support that product line at all. It's making it much easier to simply step away from the material entirely

Quoted:

View Quote

There's been a lot of chest thumping in the outdoor community this year about the "lack" of minority representation in outdoor activities in general. Lots of theories about how they can't afford to pursue outdoor hobbies, or barriers being placed in their way that prevent them from hiking, boating, etc. Nothing about how they simply aren't interested  * in general* with pursuing those sorts of hobbies.
One of our local hiking clubs is teaming up with the local bus service to add stops near trails and state parks on the assumption that minorities simply can't GET to the trails.
Lot of minority faces on hiking channels suddenly popping up on YouTube this summer.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:49:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Not in the ADT or security commercials. All the perps are white. Prob just a coincidence.
View Quote

That's been going on for years.

It always cracks me up.

The guy breaking into someone's house looks like a corporate tax attorney...

...and not, well, you know, what "people who break into people's houses" usually, actually look like.

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:58:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I think that maybe white people don't watch tv anymore.
View Quote

I don't.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top