User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:06:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:50:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When we went camping last summer the people on one side of us were black. The ones on the other side were hispanic. Since I'm Native American, I guess that means there were three minorites in a row.

But OP is right. There shouldn't be any minorities in TV commercials, since they are all too poor to buy anything in the first place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look at LL Bean's Instagram feed, it's maybe 80% black a bunch of urban stuff. They and Winnebago sponsor a black woman with a white husband who go camping. The day I find a black guy camping I'll let Gd know.

National Parks service freaked out over black people not camping. Jesus it's not like camping is some expensive white golf club that can black ball African Americans.

When we went camping last summer the people on one side of us were black. The ones on the other side were hispanic. Since I'm Native American, I guess that means there were three minorites in a row.

But OP is right. There shouldn't be any minorities in TV commercials, since they are all too poor to buy anything in the first place.

Cool story, sibling of undefined gender.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not only minorities, but ugly people of every race too.  It’s like they’re anti the beautiful people too.
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:59:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Look at LL Bean's Instagram feed, it's maybe 80% black a bunch of urban stuff. They and Winnebago sponsor a black woman with a white husband who go camping. The day I find a black guy camping I'll let Gd know.

National Parks service freaked out over black people not camping. Jesus it's not like camping is some expensive white golf club that can black ball African Americans.
View Quote

Well I’m black,I’m a guy and I go camping so...lol...I also do all kinds off other stuff that you don’t usually see people that look like me doing...but hey, maybe I’m adventurous.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:59:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait until you notice how overrepresented the gays are. They only account for maybe 3 percent of the US population last time I checked.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:00:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well I’m black,I’m a guy and I go camping so...lol...I also do all kinds off other stuff that you don’t usually see people that look like me doing...but hey, maybe I’m adventurous.
View Quote

Impossible.

I remember the Left not long ago saying black people did not have access to camping and the outdoors.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:07:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Some of you get wound up pretty tight.  Commercials exist to sell people shit, and that’s the only agenda.  If someone’s worldview about nonwhites and gays is so fragile that they change their buying habits one way or the other because of who is represented in commercials, I’d say that’s a personal failing.

But, since I haven’t watched broadcast or cable tv in a few years, maybe I’ve missed commercials where Subaru has two bull scissoring in the back of an Outback.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:07:23 AM EDT
[#8]
TV is poison, stop watching it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:19:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Impossible.

I remember the Left not long ago saying black people did not have access to camping and the outdoors.
View Quote

Fuck the left...I don’t need some fucking busy body liberal telling me how much of a victim I am.I’ve always gone wherever I wanted and done whatever I wanted to do.Especially as an adult.As long as my peacekeeper is on my hip I’ll go anywhere with no worries...Hell I’ve gone to big Sprint Car races where the only thing black besides me is the tires...
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:23:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I doubt there has been an out of work black extra in the last year.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:24:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Some of you get wound up pretty tight.  Commercials exist to sell people shit, and that’s the only agenda.  
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:26:05 AM EDT
[#12]
This is a propaganda campaign to make whites believe they are a minority and underclass as well as making it appear that white males play no significant role in society.

Based on commercial you'd come to believe that Blacks out number even Hispanics and that every black home has a father.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:30:42 AM EDT
[#13]
The awkward biracial couples on just about every commercial is really getting stupid.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Appeasement of the black culture. And no I'm not racist. Since the "summer of love" 2020.

Kissing arse to BLM and ANTIFA
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:40:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Welcome aboard
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:40:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Diversity and inclusion!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:41:49 AM EDT
[#17]
OP showing his white supremacy
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:42:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Whole lotta cis-gendered white privilege in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:46:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It seems like corporations are going overboard with the minority actors and actresses.  It seems like a slap in the face on how blatant the pandering and corporate woke is.  

I counted on one commercial break and it was like 20 minority actors and actresses versus like 3 white people.   Amazon had 100% African Americans in their 15$ minimum wage commercial.  

Jesus, give it a rest.  I get it.  Diversity.  But it’s going way overboard to pander.  Anyone else notice this?

In before I’m called racist.
View Quote

I think you're missing the point of advertising.

THe companies selling the soap/cars/feminine hygiene products, etc. are targeting their message to a particular demographic in order to persuade those people to spend money on their product. They put images in their advertisements that they hope will attract the attention of potential buyers. Clearly, advertising companies believe that there is significant sales potential among blacks, women, LGBTQ folks, etc. They must not believe traditional advertising is sufficient to get those groups to buy their products so they're incorporating more of the target audiences in their advertisements in hope of increasing sales.

Your post suggests that the advertisers are engaged in some sort of social experiment, and they are. But it's not the experiment you assume. They are not spending their marketing resources to change your attitude about people who are different than you. They are spending their money in hopes those people will buy their soap.

Advertising done well is subtle. You don't even notice you're being manipulated. You notice these new ads primarily because the ads are NOT targeting you. Truth be told, you probably are completely unaware of all the advertising messages you take in without being aware that you're being manipulated. It's only when the advertisers go after somebody else that it's jarring.

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:46:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Leftist agendas pushing a narrative.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:47:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh yes it is ! We need to make way for campers of ALL colors and species !
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:51:46 AM EDT
[#22]
They're going to run out of actors/actresses soon because the black population is only 13%.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:52:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

THe companies selling the soap/cars/feminine hygiene products, etc. are targeting their message to a particular demographic in order to persuade those people to spend money on their product. They put images in their advertisements that they hope will attract the attention of potential buyers. Clearly, advertising companies believe that there is significant sales potential among blacks, women, LGBTQ folks, etc. They must not believe traditional advertising is sufficient to get those groups to buy their products so they're incorporating more of the target audiences in their advertisements in hope of increasing sales.

Your post suggests that the advertisers are engaged in some sort of social experiment, and they are. But it's not the experiment you assume. They are not spending their marketing resources to change your attitude about people who are different than you. They are spending their money in hopes those people will buy their soap.

Advertising done well is subtle. You don't even notice you're being manipulated. You notice these new ads primarily because the ads are NOT targeting you. Truth be told, you probably are completely unaware of all the advertising messages you take in without being aware that you're being manipulated. It's only when the advertisers go after somebody else that it's jarring.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It seems like corporations are going overboard with the minority actors and actresses.  It seems like a slap in the face on how blatant the pandering and corporate woke is.  

I counted on one commercial break and it was like 20 minority actors and actresses versus like 3 white people.   Amazon had 100% African Americans in their 15$ minimum wage commercial.  

Jesus, give it a rest.  I get it.  Diversity.  But it’s going way overboard to pander.  Anyone else notice this?

Lol. You still believe that?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Wow, what channel were you watching?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never watch TV.  Last month I visited friends, watched several hours of TV with their kids.  85% of the actors were black, brown, Asian.  There were many gays or gay couples.  The only white women in relationships were in relationships with black men.  The only white men were either older fat morons or young wimpy guys.

The propaganda is real.

Pick one.  They’re all like that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:54:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Welcome aboard
View Quote

Thank you...Yall know how to make a brotha feel welcome!!! Lol
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not only minorities, but ugly people of every race too.  It’s like they’re anti the beautiful people too.
View Quote

Attractive People Privilege. It’s a thing.

Hambeasts run the Advertising world now.

TC
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:01:02 AM EDT
[#27]
The powers that be want us divided so we are easily conquered...they know these commercials and other such tactics affect you so they deploy these tactics...it’s working...look at some of the threads in GD....
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:01:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Unless you're an actor, really a white actor, who cares? And there are still plenty of jobs for white actors, minus the COVID shutdown.
Your quarterly estimated taxes are due in September, worry about that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Zoomer and Millennials are almost half non-white. Given both demographics are both in their peak spending years, of course commercials would appeal to them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:02:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you believe that corporations care more about erasing normal white folk than they do about expanding their profits, I question your ability to breathe without comic book style instructions.

Corporations want to sell to 100% of the people, so, if some minority groups start complaining that they’re underrepresented in commercials, coke/Subaru/Walmart are going to start putting actors that look like that in their commercials.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#31]

Wow
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#32]
I haven’t watched television as a regular thing for better than twenty years, but the models in L.L. Bean and Lands’ End catalogs are almost exclusively “ethnic” or - in the latter case - look like they called Central Casting and said, “Please send us the gayest looking guy you have.”  The one “straight-appearing” Anglo was modeling the fat guy clothes.

ETA: Upon further observation and reflection, that fat guy looked like he might have been of the other end of a dick, too.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:20:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let's just say I don't believe product manufacturers spend money out of their own pocket to advance a social agenda at the expense of their own bottom line. If they're spending money on advertising, they expect a return.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Face facts.  White people are not wanted.  Hating white people because of their skin color is a laudable belief.  When white people are marginalized to the point that they no longer have rights, or are even recognized as human, then racism will finally be over.  And hey, let's just be smart about it...  as long as mammals with white skin are no longer legally recognized as people, we can take advantage of having a cheap source of labor.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:23:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

all of them.

my wife is making comments about it and she never says stuff like that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:25:17 AM EDT
[#36]
If a television viewer is constantly noticing the advertisements featuring LGBQ,etc. actors, perhaps they should reevaluate their sexual orientation. After all, advertisers apparently know more about us that we do . . .
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#37]
There is only one Minority.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:26:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Face facts.  White people are not wanted . . .
View Quote

Or, maybe they're already lining up to buy the soap.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#39]
I remember when Jake, from State Farm, was white.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:36:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Let's just say I don't believe product manufacturers spend money out of their own pocket to advance a social agenda at the expense of their own bottom line. If they're spending money on advertising, they expect a return.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don’t understand how modern business works. It isn’t just selling a product, it is satisfying major investors requirements for “wokeness”.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I see it too and just laugh.  You will also see “one of each” color, nationality, whatever, in paper ads, fb ads, store mannequins.  Victoria Secret is modeling underwear on fat ugly women and people are thanking them and saying how beautiful.  I swear the last model looked like a man. It’s all a cluster.
View Quote

Probably was a man.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:45:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That's been going on for years.

It always cracks me up.

The guy breaking into someone's house looks like a corporate tax attorney...

...and not, well, you know, what "people who break into people's houses" usually, actually look like.

View Quote

A man with a briefcase steals more than a man with a gun - Jimi Hendrix
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:47:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What's up with the monthly threads in GD about minorities in commercials?
View Quote

It’s Gd, it wouldn’t e normal if race and politics weren’t Keya brought up.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:48:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You don’t understand how modern business works. It isn’t just selling a product, it is satisfying major investors requirements for “wokeness”.
View Quote

If that's how modern business works, you won't need to worry about them long. They'll be bankrupt soon enough.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wait until you notice how overrepresented the gays are. They only account for maybe 3 percent of the US population last time I checked.
View Quote

Like I've said before, gays have to become even more irrelevant in todays culture. California legalized gays in 2008 and New York in 2011. They are OLD NEWS. Gay Trans Rainbow Butt Dildo Monkeys are the supreme leaders of todays societal problems
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#48]
It's funny watching NASCAR.....Other than mid-pack Wallace there's nothing but white faces to be seen.....Then the commercials come on and with them the steady parade of blacks and mixed-race people.   It's really ludicrous when you consider it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:52:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I remember when Jake, from State Farm, was white.
View Quote

Why don't you like the new Jake? He seems pretty likeable.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If that's how modern business works, you won't need to worry about them long. They'll be bankrupt soon enough.
View Quote

They're betting they'll get a bailout with YOUR tax dollars when it happens
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top