Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I was watching a movie on Pluto TV a few months ago. Every commercial was either related to, or featured LGBTQXYZ type people/products.  Not sure why they target 100% of their advertising to 3% of the population. Their company, their rules...I guess.

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:54:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Attractive People Privilege. It’s a thing.

Hambeasts run the Advertising world now.

TC
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not only minorities, but ugly people of every race too.  It’s like they’re anti the beautiful people too.

Attractive People Privilege. It’s a thing.

Hambeasts run the Advertising world now.

TC

People don't think like it is, but it do. I worked a short stint at a place where the blue haired hambeast had me in her sights and continually complained to management about me. But I was their favorite since I was a sucker and took care of the shit nobody else wanted. 6'4" master race, tall dark and handsome. I swear to God, she tried to start shit with me every chance she could get. It was really strange. Other girls had flirted casually with me and it drove her nuts. She was the epitome of a karen who couldn't get what she wanted, so she chose to try and destroy me. Seriosuly the weirdest fucking shit I've ever encoutered
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#3]

It's almost like a shitty John Travolta movie
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
According to tv commercials, Black Americans spend a lot of money buying Japanese cars and DIY home improvement products, just like all the other suburban nuclear families do.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:57:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Stop watching TV
View Quote
yep. this.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:58:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wow, what channel were you watching?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never watch TV.  Last month I visited friends, watched several hours of TV with their kids.  85% of the actors were black, brown, Asian.  There were many gays or gay couples.  The only white women in relationships were in relationships with black men.  The only white men were either older fat morons or young wimpy guys.

The propaganda is real.
Wow, what channel were you watching?
he left out the important detail that it was BET.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:59:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It seems like corporations are going overboard with the minority actors and actresses.  It seems like a slap in the face on how blatant the pandering and corporate woke is.  

I counted on one commercial break and it was like 20 minority actors and actresses versus like 3 white people.   Amazon had 100% African Americans in their 15$ minimum wage commercial.  

Jesus, give it a rest.  I get it.  Diversity.  But it's going way overboard to pander.  Anyone else notice this?

In before I'm called racist.
View Quote
When the tail wags the dog. 13-15 % of the population is black. Less than 1% is gay, the rest is white guilte'rs feeling bad because they are woke.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:59:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's okay.  You were probably born white, so it's bred into you. Nothing you can do about it, except say you're sorry and hang your head in racist shame.
View Quote

Well you could also cuck your wife out to a black guy, and or just pay reparations too. I mean if you are looking for options...
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:59:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:00:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Wife and I noticed it a while back and it has become more obvious. Maybe it went back longer and we didn't notice because we don't watch live tv - we record everything and skip the commercials.

We started to see that nearly ever commercial that involved a family (cars, eating at home, etc.) showed a mixed family. I guess they're trying to say that is the norm. I don't have any issues with mixed couples and I know a few, but I also recognize they're still in the minority as compared to the rest of society. The media make it look like they are the majority though and have gone from under represented to over represented. I suppose my wife and I could be considered mixed (are we?) with her being a Pacific Islander and me being from Cuba. Maybe I should protest not being represented and go set a few buildings on fire.

And then you have all the LGBTQLMNOP commercials. I saw one recently with a tatted biker type dude in a hot tub joined by his black significant other. Unreal.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#11]
My favorite was the commercial for a new psorasis medication featuring a black man.

Thing is, psorasis is pretty much a white guy disease. It would be like me doing a commercial for a sickle cell anemia cure.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:02:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Your time could be better utilized reloading ammo, honing blades and doing PT.

I see the bad moon a-rising
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today
Don't go around tonight
Well it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise
I hear hurricanes a-blowing
I know the end is coming soon
I fear rivers over flowing
I hear the voice of rage and ruin
Well don't go around tonight
There's a bad moon on the rise, all right
Hope you got your things together
Hope you are quite prepared to die
Looks like we're in for nasty weather
One eye is taken for an eye
Well don't go around tonight
Don't come around tonight
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#14]
The hard reality that so many struggle to accept is that black people, brown people and gay people are part of America. They are here. They're going to stay. In fact, they're increasing as a share of the population. They're going to participate in the economy, provide services, shop in stores, etc. They will go to our schools and churches. They will work alongside us at our workplaces. They will marry our sons and daughters. In short, they are us.

Everybody likes to talk about America as great melting pot, until it's time to stir in the other ingredients. Well, America is no longer a predominantly white culture where "others" are expected to remain in the shadows (or the servant's quarters).

I know it's difficult to accept, but it's a fact. Get over it.

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Corporations have no soul, no ethics. They exist to make money, and to follow the trends that make money.

Right now, the trend is to show how diverse you are by showcasing lots of monitors, in hopes that minorities and liberals will give you money. Conservative money is just a built-in.

Once Latinos become a bigger and more attractive demographic than the blacks, expect far less diversity.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Everybody likes to talk about America as great melting pot, until it's time to stir in the other ingredients.
Well, America is no longer a predominantly white culture where "others" are expected to remain in the shadows (or the servant's quarters).
View Quote
And this is why America is dying.
There is no "white" culture. Stop being so simplisitc. It's "Western" culture, and as we drift away from it, eventually, things will get uglier than anyone can possibly imagine.
(Oh, and anyone who talked about the melting pot was full of shit. It was a myth.)
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:12:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Impossible.

I remember the Left not long ago saying black people did not have access to camping and the outdoors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I’m black,I’m a guy and I go camping so...lol...I also do all kinds off other stuff that you don’t usually see people that look like me doing...but hey, maybe I’m adventurous.

Impossible.

I remember the Left not long ago saying black people did not have access to camping and the outdoors.

we talked about this at the last Zoom meeting for all white people.  Some dumbass forgot to turn on the force field that keeps minorities out of the woods.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The only time I see a white dude in a commercial these days is when an alarm company needs an actor to play a burglar. They are always white.
View Quote

It's funny to because it's true. I've noticed this before too.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Some of you get wound up pretty tight.  Commercials exist to sell people shit, and that’s the only agenda.  
View Quote

what we're commenting on is the hypocrisy:
>"we need commercials and TV shows and movies that reflect the demographic makeup of America"
>we get commercials and TV shows and movies don't reflect the demographic makeup of America because pandering
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:15:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What's up with the monthly threads in GD about minorities in commercials?
View Quote
Because it is so obvious

It is all over advertising,  not just TV
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was watching a movie on Pluto TV a few months ago. Every commercial was either related to, or featured LGBTQXYZ type people/products.  Not sure why they target 100% of their advertising to 3% of the population. Their company, their rules...I guess.

View Quote

Pluto TV is exclusively for LGBT viewers.

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Marching orders from the VP .
View Quote
It started last summer
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
And this is why America is dying.
There is no "white" culture. Stop being so simplisitc. It's "Western" culture, and as we drift away from it, eventually, things will get uglier than anyone can possibly imagine.
(Oh, and anyone who talked about the melting pot was full of shit. It was a myth.)
View Quote

Generation after generation of low and working-class Americans have looked over their shoulders afraid that the next group of immigrants, upwardly mobile demographics was gaining on them. That attitude has never served anyone well. It's based on a belief that others are responsible for one's success or failure. It reflects a lack of self determination. Fear of others is nothing more than the flip side of the lack of self confidence coin.

ETA: Do you really think America is dying? Are you suggesting that efforts to make society more inclusive is responsible for that? Really? Would you really want to go back to the past? Would your wife like to go back 40-50 years? Do you really think blacks should only be relegated to a "Coloreds only" fountain?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:17:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:18:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Some of you get wound up pretty tight.  Commercials exist to sell people shit, and that’s the only agenda.  
View Quote
That is comically naive.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#27]
They are being used as politically correct props by Ad agencies, they know it, everyone knows it, if any of those actors had any integrity or self worth they would be not only feel embarrassed being used like this, but be outraged at these racist companies audacity.

But alas they are not, not even in the least.

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only time I see a white dude in a commercial these days is when an alarm company needs an actor to play a burglar. They are always white.

Beware of White men in knit caps. They're robbing everybody.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It seems like corporations are going overboard with the minority actors and actresses.  It seems like a slap in the face on how blatant the pandering and corporate woke is.  

I counted on one commercial break and it was like 20 minority actors and actresses versus like 3 white people.   Amazon had 100% African Americans in their 15$ minimum wage commercial.  

Jesus, give it a rest.  I get it.  Diversity.  But it’s going way overboard to pander.  Anyone else notice this?

In before I’m called racist.
View Quote
Is OP Encino Man?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#30]
I honestly can't remember the last time I actually watched a commercial. If I'm watching a TV show or a movie, whenever it cuts and goes to commercial break I'm usually surfing GD or doing something else until it comes back on.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I honestly can't remember the last time I actually watched a commercial. If I'm watching a TV show or a movie, whenever it cuts and goes to commercial break I'm usually surfing GD or doing something else until it comes back on.
View Quote

You may not have actually "watched" the commercials, but they've connected with you. They're that good.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:26:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Once Latinos become a bigger and more attractive demographic than the blacks, expect far less diversity.
View Quote

The Battle of Diversity coming to you soon in 2030-2040
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#33]
The real question is, who is making the ads?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gays have a larger percentage of disposable income, as a general rule, according to studies. Follow the money
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That is comically naive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is comically naive.

http://stonetoss.com/comic/burger-kang/
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:31:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Watch the local news. Most of the white people have been replaced. Not sure where they went. No announcement like they usually do. No tearful goodbye. Just no white people on the news.

"We would now like to welcome LaQysha Jones to the Action 5 news team and she's here now with your daily forecast."

"Thanks for the warm welcome DeAnthony! I'm so glad to be here and serve my new community. Today will be hot and sticky with a chance of afternoon showers."
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:31:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It is amazing that with how much TV I watch, I can't recall the last time I bought or didn't buy something based on a commercial.  None of those ad dollars reach me.  Now, if they were to advertise excellent guns, beer or explosives, I would probably be influenced.  

But yes, I do laugh at all the commercials that show blacks even though they aren't even close to being in the target demographic.
View Quote

No doubt.   One of the emails I get is Talbots, a luxury women's clothing company that is VERY classic and mainstream.  They almost always have a black woman model first on the list of stuff they are selling in the email.   I wouldn't be surprised if black women are less than 1% of their customer base.  It is probably less than .01%.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Generation after generation of low and working-class Americans have looked over their shoulders afraid that the next group of immigrants, upwardly mobile demographics was gaining on them. That attitude has never served anyone well. It's based on a belief that others are responsible for one's success or failure. It reflects a lack of self determination. Fear of others is nothing more than the flip side of the lack of self confidence coin.

ETA: Do you really think America is dying? Would you really want to go back to the past? Would your wife like to go back 40-50 years? Do you really think blacks should only be relegated to a "Coloreds only" fountain?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And this is why America is dying... and why, eventually, things are going to get uglier than anyone can possibly imagine.

ETA: Do you really think America is dying? Would you really want to go back to the past? Would your wife like to go back 40-50 years? Do you really think blacks should only be relegated to a "Coloreds only" fountain?
I think that's obvious. As America is becoming more racially, ethnically, and culturally diverse, the ties that bind are disappearing.
Many times I've said, future historians will look back on our little experiment, and (hopefully) realize that homogeneity was far more important than anyone wanted to admit.

A comedian and juggler once joked that the hatchet he used in his act was the one Washington used to chop down the cherry tree. He'd only replaced the handle... and the head.
If you take away everything that makes America "America", is it still America anymore?
You can't profoundly change the racial, ethnic, and cultural make-up of a country without profoundly changing the country.

You and three friends hop into a car with four working steering wheels.
You start the car and say, "Let's go get something to eat."
What happens next... is multiculturalism.

Oh, and I bet my wife would love to have lived forty or fifty years ago. The idea that women of years past were abjectly miserable is largely a Leftist/liberal myth.
And your comment about blacks and water fountains... when did the yardstick for measuring America's success become "how happy black people are with it?"
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#39]
I saw the one with two guys in bed. They are emboldened now and the floodgates are open to mainstream everything
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well I’m black,I’m a guy and I go camping so...lol...I also do all kinds off other stuff that you don’t usually see people that look like me doing...but hey, maybe I’m adventurous.
View Quote

Did you figure out how to get an ID along the way too? Just curious...
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I havnt watched actual tv in probably 5 years. Neither has my family.

I mean, who does anymore? Why?
View Quote

I watch quite a bit of tv. Mostly news like Newsmax. Never OTA broadcast shows. Movies too. I watch in the morning while drinking coffee and at night. Probably 3-4 hours a day.

Why don't you watch TV?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Yes, as well as a good supply of sodomites.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The hard reality that so many struggle to accept is that black people, brown people and gay people are part of America. They are here. They're going to stay. In fact, they're increasing as a share of the population. They're going to participate in the economy, provide services, shop in stores, etc. They will go to our schools and churches. They will work alongside us at our workplaces. They will marry our sons and daughters. In short, they are us.

Everybody likes to talk about America as great melting pot, until it's time to stir in the other ingredients. Well, America is no longer a predominantly white culture where "others" are expected to remain in the shadows (or the servant's quarters).

View Quote

You have embraced the shit culture agenda that the MSM pushes.

We have two separate realities.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:40:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Let's just say I don't believe product manufacturers spend money out of their own pocket to advance a social agenda at the expense of their own bottom line. If they're spending money on advertising, they expect a return.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol. You still believe that?

Let's just say I don't believe product manufacturers spend money out of their own pocket to advance a social agenda at the expense of their own bottom line. If they're spending money on advertising, they expect a return.

You are correct. They don’t. They increase their bottom line by pandering to the fifty-plus percent of the white population that panders to sixteen percent of the population that is black or gay.  White people are their own worst enemy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That is comically naive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of you get wound up pretty tight.  Commercials exist to sell people shit, and that's the only agenda.  
That is comically naive.

This

If you think marketing departments main agenda is too just sell shit to people you probably also think the NFL's main agenda is to just play football, or the military's is to protect American from foreign powers.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:41:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Has nothing to do with increasing sales in the traditional sense, since the “go woke; go broke” thing is real, it’s more than simply increasing this quarters sales and traditional notions about marketing.

It’s not targeting nor pandering, it’s programming and promoting whatever is statistically the most dysfunctional option there is.

It’s designed to corrode and deconstruct the building blocks of society in order to more easily rule over a society of broken individuals.

And regarding the trend (rule?) of always showing a black guy with a white girl — again, it’s not about “diversity” (because there are many other diverse combos of races they could show) and it’s not pro-black per se, nor is it anti-white per se — it’s simply whatever is statistically proven to be the most dysfunctional.  That’s what the media masters promote.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Its a Marxist cultural insurrection, but with race as the group identifiers instead of economics
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This

If you think marketing departments main agenda is too just sell shit to people you probably also think the NFL's main agenda is to just play football, or the military's is to protect American from foreign powers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of you get wound up pretty tight.  Commercials exist to sell people shit, and that's the only agenda.  
That is comically naive.

This

This. This.  This.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its a Marxist cultural insurrection, but with race as the group identifiers instead of economics
View Quote
This.
View Quote
Exactly.
Look at any college class dealing with feminism, LGBT issues, black studies, etc... it's all just Marxism, with certain key words and phrases changed to fit the room it's being pitched to.
Marxists always target "The Other." The disenfranchised, those who feel disenfranchised, the outsiders. (Look at an Antifa rally. Ever wonder why most of them look like freaks and losers?)
They've been using race, gender, sexually identity, as wedges with which to split American society for decades. (Look at the early Civil Rights movement. It was riddled with Communists.)
The Left thought the Revolution would come from labor. But, they also weren't content to put all their eggs in one basket.
Imagine our society as a submarine, and Marxism as the ocean - surrounding us, pressuring us, always looking for a way in.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:46:21 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm a POC.

I'm sick of seeing POCs in commercials.

I live in America, not Haiti.

I'm also pretty sure 75% of the population isn't gay.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top