Columbia Windblock fleece 20-40* dry and windy
Patagonia R1 Daily Jacket 40-60* and dry or to layer under the parka or down
Drake Wader Jacket - waterfowling
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 1:20:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Massif Element or most weather.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 1:27:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Usually an old Filson wool mackinaw covers most of the winter here.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 8:59:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I like a good fleece under a softshell down to around 10 - 0°F.  That works really well if you dress for the weather under the jacket.  

Below that I move over to something with some lofty insulation if I'm not going to be moving around much.  I wear a Northface down jacket for walking the dogs when it's that cold, but I also like the ecwcs cold weather parka (L7).  That thing is pleasantly warm for how cheap they can be found.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an Eddie Bauer down parka with hood that has never let me down <--no pun intended.  I have had it
for at least 20 years and I don't wear it that often but when I need it, it's awesome.  If I put on goggles I'm in
a cocoon of goose down.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't think I've worn an actual coat this winter.  I generally throw on a half-zip pullover over a t-shirt.  I do have one of these I throw on if it's raining, as it has a waterproof hood:

Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been very pleased with this fleece-lined WWII tanker jacket from At the Front:

https://www.atthefront.com/WWII-Tanker-Jacket-with-polar-fleece-lining-p/usutkf.htm

Wore it in Indiana and Utah winters of the past 2 years; kept me warm enough.

Sold out of most sizes at the moment.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Color me shocked I thought I would see Moncler, Canadian goose, or Burberry. Arfcom millionaires be slipping.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a couple systems I go to along with the Carhartt I typically wear to work

"Cold" weather (around 19F or below)
Rab Electron down
Rab Firewall shell

Milder weather (20F-ish or above)
Marmot Novus synthetic
Marmot Minimalist shell

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top