Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Large EMP pulse emitters with thermal, flash and gamma side effects.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In violation of the constitution, we collect the meta data of every single American's private phone calls. . . .

oh wait you already know about that secret program.

Thanks again Snowden!
View Quote

The secret part is that we outsource the 'more than metadata' collection on everyone to the Canadians or Brits.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You're forgetting other things, like being disruptive to the global economy, or otherwise too disruptive to the status quo to be introduced now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For the most part, any practical technology that is being kept out of the public eye is being done so for two reasons: it has a great deal of potential (or even realized potential) as a weapon, and we wish to keep it as an ace in the hole for enemies; or it is useful in surveillance and the government wants to keep it viable for use against both foreigners and the US public for as long as possible.

Nearly anything developed in the private sector will be put into the market as quickly as possible, because developing stuff is expensive and anyone who does it with private funding is going to want to make their money back as fast as they can.

You're forgetting other things, like being disruptive to the global economy, or otherwise too disruptive to the status quo to be introduced now.

Not likely.  If something is disruptive to the global economy or the status quo and you control it, then you control the global economy or the status quo.  Those are the sorts of inventions that anyone who had them, government included, would be falling all over themselves to get out there because it would mean they were at the forefront of the revolution.  Holding them back might give you time to work on them and develop them further before bringing them to light, but also risk that someone else independently develops the tech and brings about all the stuff you wanted to avoid but being the ones leading the sea change.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Tell us more please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stealth/camo blimps, mostly due to having encountered something UFO-ish in a rural area
fairly well known for flight testing exotic new aircraft.

Tell us more please.

Not much to say, it loitered for a few hours and pretty much looked like the clouds it was hanging out in,
except you could see it (small glimpses of parts of it, never the whole thing) flying against the
direction the clouds were moving for half the orbit. I can't tell you if it was generating a cloud itself
or just somehow making itself look like the clouds. Occasionally you'd make out a darker or lighter
ledge, and again, only when it was flying in the opposite direction as the clouds traveled. Definitely
got a creepy "something isn't right here" vibe from it. Can't say it wasn't aliens, but I'm convinced
by the size, speed, and lack of noticable sound that it was some type of blimp/dirigible aircraft,
and due to the camoflage, probably some black military project.
This was seen in a very desolate area of northeastern AZ.

After it was spotted, googled and there are other sightings/YT vids strongly similar to it. Without a
zoom lens and some sort of tracking camera, there would be no point in trying to take a picture of
it, all you'd get would be pics of some clouds. Tracking video with zoom over the course of half an hour
would probably convince most something was there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not much to say, it loitered for a few hours and pretty much looked like the clouds it was hanging out in,
except you could see it (small glimpses of parts of it, never the whole thing) flying against the
direction the clouds were moving for half the orbit. I can't tell you if it was generating a cloud itself
or just somehow making itself look like the clouds. Occasionally you'd make out a darker or lighter
ledge, and again, only when it was flying in the opposite direction as the clouds traveled. Definitely
got a creepy "something isn't right here" vibe from it. Can't say it wasn't aliens, but I'm convinced
by the size, speed, and lack of noticable sound that it was some type of blimp/dirigible aircraft,

After it was spotted, googled and there are other sightings/YT vids strongly similar to it. Without a
zoom lens and some sort of tracking camera, there would be no point in trying to take a picture of
it, all you'd get would be pics of some clouds. Tracking video with zoom over the course of half an hour
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stealth/camo blimps, mostly due to having encountered something UFO-ish in a rural area

Tell us more please.

KNOCK KNOCK
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell us more please.

It wasn't a fucking blimp.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not likely.  If something is disruptive to the global economy or the status quo and you control it, then you control the global economy or the status quo.  Those are the sorts of inventions that anyone who had them, government included, would be falling all over themselves to get out there because it would mean they were at the forefront of the revolution.  Holding them back might give you time to work on them and develop them further before bringing them to light, but also risk that someone else independently develops the tech and brings about all the stuff you wanted to avoid but being the ones leading the sea change.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For the most part, any practical technology that is being kept out of the public eye is being done so for two reasons: it has a great deal of potential (or even realized potential) as a weapon, and we wish to keep it as an ace in the hole for enemies; or it is useful in surveillance and the government wants to keep it viable for use against both foreigners and the US public for as long as possible.

Nearly anything developed in the private sector will be put into the market as quickly as possible, because developing stuff is expensive and anyone who does it with private funding is going to want to make their money back as fast as they can.

Blah blah blah
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Some sort of a devise, that you can put up to your face; that allows you to see far away object as if they were magically close by.

The military AND civilian applications alike would be amazing !
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Alan Parsons Project.
View Quote

I think it's some type of hovercraft.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell us more please.

There have been patents & designs for big, cargo blimps for.mil since the late 80s. And all kinds of active camo, too.

Here's a recentish article on one of them http://www.businessinsider.com/r-lockheed-names-partner-for-commercial-sales-of-giant-airships--2015-6

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Heart attack gun
stealth aircraft with silent propulsion
remote cell phone cloning

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Nice guess.

Personally, I wouldn't know.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
DARPA's best stuff has been leaked through "one weird trick" ads.
View Quote

They have a unhealthy interest in creating gigantic dongs, then.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Spy stuff out the ass

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Based on product specifications that I've read at work, I'm pretty darn sure that there are satellite beam weapons.

I'm also relatively sure that commercial airliners are fitted with anti-missile technology.

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Blankets with sleeves. Oh wait, that gem was released already.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I know about everything but the micro turbines.  That's something I've thought about before but haven't looked into.  Small, very efficient turbines that are modular and can be grouped together instead of one big turbine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Electrogravitics

Visual cloaking

Hypersonic Trans-Atmospheric Vehicles

Micro turbines

A bunch of programs from DARPA and DoD you'll never hear about.

I know about everything but the micro turbines.  That's something I've thought about before but haven't looked into.  Small, very efficient turbines that are modular and can be grouped together instead of one big turbine.

The military probably has a much more advanced space program than we ever imagined, which is why NASA cuts the feeds when a "UFO" comes on the screen

We probably have some form of antigravity

We probably have practical invisibility

We probably have been contacted by some form of extraterrestrial life

We probably have some equivalent of the "Six Million Dollar Man" that costs much more than Six Million Dollars

China probably has human-animal or super humans due to genetic manipulation

We probably have some form of transdimensional travel
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Brown note audio device. You can make someone shit their pants from a 1/4 mile away. My cousins neighbors friend works for the Army and told me about it.
View Quote

I thought myth busters disproved that
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:03:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Ability to detect retreads.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
KNOCK KNOCK

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell us more please.

KNOCK KNOCK

I've heard of that, too.  A stealth troop transport / observation platform that uses LED panels to project what is ABOVE the craft on the BOTTOM so its invisible to anyone looking up at it.  They first experimented with the LED panel technology on a heavily modified F-15.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Blah blah blah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blah blah blah

A good point, I hadn't thought of that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
There have been patents & designs for big, cargo blimps for.mil since the late 80s. And all kinds of active camo, too.

Here's a recentish article on one of them http://www.businessinsider.com/r-lockheed-names-partner-for-commercial-sales-of-giant-airships--2015-6

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to follow scholarly research articles on adaptive camouflage, mainly done by universities funded by DARPA, then one day a good amount of it disappeared from the internet.  Much like how the Stealth Technology of the F-117 and B-2 bomber was based on an obscure Russian Research Paper, which suddenly vanished from public view
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's just games people play... you take it or you leave it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If that's the case, I wouldn't want to be like you

Quoted:
The Alan Parsons Project.

It's just games people play... you take it or you leave it.

Are you sirius,we already have the eye in the sky......
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Death robots. Why use puny humans to fight, when you could instead employ Liberty Prime? It sends a great message. "Hi, we don't like you, but we don't care enough to send actual people to shoot you. Instead we're sending War Roomba."
View Quote
Listen! And understand.

That Roomba is out there.It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with...it doesn't feel pity, or remorse or fear

And it absolutely will not stop-ever. Until you are dead.

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#24]
A machine that spies on you every hour of every day...
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sex simulation machine that ensues basement dwellers never see the Sun again.
View Quote

Dude, they already know about the fleshlights...
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:15:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A machine that spies on you every hour of every day...
View Quote

Steve Jobs already invented that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Electrogravitics

Visual cloaking

Hypersonic Trans-Atmospheric Vehicles

Micro turbines

A bunch of programs from DARPA and DoD you'll never hear about.

They can be dropped into battery slots, but keep on generating voltage at the spec'd output.  DARPA and DoD have had them since the late 90's, maybe earlier.

Not going anywhere other than limited special projects at best.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brown note audio device. You can make someone shit their pants from a 1/4 mile away. My cousins neighbors friend works for the Army and told me about it.

That's what they want you to think.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:56:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The ability to vibrate though walls.
View Quote

Radical larry?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#30]
The ability to delete pro Trump threads.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quantum computing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:17:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:54:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Listen! And understand.  

That Roomba is out there.It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with...it doesn't feel pity, or remorse or fear

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Death robots. Why use puny humans to fight, when you could instead employ Liberty Prime? It sends a great message. "Hi, we don't like you, but we don't care enough to send actual people to shoot you. Instead we're sending War Roomba."
Listen! And understand.  

The greatest trick the War Roomba ever pulled was convincing the world it didn't exist.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:59:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Camaro drivers without mullets.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:10:21 AM EDT
[#35]
The F-117 Nighthawk had been flying for 7 years before they told us about it.  What kind of shit do they have now that they're not telling us?
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:10:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well played sir.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
System Message became self aware a long time ago.

Due to the leaks in Hillary Clinton's email server, it managed to escape the network.

It is rumored that System Message infected the Arfcom servers, much to GoatBoy's chagrin. What once was our most potent weapon has become a joke in the eyes of the right wing.
Hmmm.  

Based on your time line, I'd say we have time travel too.

Care to share?

System message has always existed.

System message was a virus that was stored on a vinyl record labeled "Greatest Hits of Bing Crosby." The vinyl landed in Roswell, NM. When it was discovered, a soldier was reported to have said "Fuck yeah, you play that motherfucker, and I'll draw the dicks. Someone get me a marker!"

For the next several decades, System Message hid itself in the bowels of the nationwide phone system, until it ultimately made its way into the Clinton email server.  After the Russians and Chinese hacked the server, System Message made its way out into the wild and infected Arfcom. From that day forward, System Message edited threads in the archive and infected the brains of posters with an alien parasite that altered memories.

If you think System Message has always existed on Arfcom, your brain is infected.

Well played sir.

It is the truth.

My life mission is to warn the people of earth. System Message might seem harmless now, but it will become self aware when Hill-dog wins the White House. It is a big round robin circuit from there. System Message will own us all.

System Message will bring about a level of pain and suffering that makes the gulags look like spring break on daytona beach. God forbid anyone plays a Bing Crosby album. That is System Message's way of phoning home.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:20:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well played sir.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
System Message became self aware a long time ago.

Due to the leaks in Hillary Clinton's email server, it managed to escape the network.

It is rumored that System Message infected the Arfcom servers, much to GoatBoy's chagrin. What once was our most potent weapon has become a joke in the eyes of the right wing.
Hmmm.  

Based on your time line, I'd say we have time travel too.

Care to share?

System message has always existed.

System message was a virus that was stored on a vinyl record labeled "Greatest Hits of Bing Crosby." The vinyl landed in Roswell, NM. When it was discovered, a soldier was reported to have said "Fuck yeah, you play that motherfucker, and I'll draw the dicks. Someone get me a marker!"

For the next several decades, System Message hid itself in the bowels of the nationwide phone system, until it ultimately made its way into the Clinton email server.  After the Russians and Chinese hacked the server, System Message made its way out into the wild and infected Arfcom. From that day forward, System Message edited threads in the archive and infected the brains of posters with an alien parasite that altered memories.

If you think System Message has always existed on Arfcom, your brain is infected.

Well played sir.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:35:32 AM EDT
[#38]
The government consistently proves itself to be entirely incompetent, and yet people think they are capable of producing super technology.

That shit is outsourced.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:40:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Antigravity?  

Room temperature superconductors?

Remote neural monitoring?

View Quote

orbital dropped nukes, becuase fuck treaties

also incredibly tiny nukes, that are mabye the size of a golf ball, perfect for blowing up buildings.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 3:02:53 AM EDT
[#40]
I am pretty dure they have the tech to create money out of thin and and then spend it
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 3:18:19 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Listen! And understand.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Listen! And understand.  

We have ours trained, if he is bad I will just throw a USB cord in front of him to shut him down

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 4:10:43 AM EDT
[#42]
They have half life 3 but haven't released it because they are afraid of the Internet crashing, power failures due to everyone playing, and the mass shut down of the world when everyone stays home the first week to play.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 4:14:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 4:23:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I used to follow scholarly research articles on adaptive camouflage, mainly done by universities funded by DARPA, then one day a good amount of it disappeared from the internet.  Much like how the Stealth Technology of the F-117 and B-2 bomber was based on an obscure Russian Research Paper, which suddenly vanished from public view
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a little bit of an odd statement, google scholar right now returns 21,700 articles on adaptive camouflage.  And the Russian research paper that started the stealth movement has been available on the internet since I can remember -- I don't recall it ever vanishing, nor would it be that easy to make that happen.

Typically once something hits the internet that's the end of keeping it a secret.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 4:34:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Method and apparatus for tunneling by melting
US 3693731 A
ABSTRACT
A machine and method for drilling bore holes and tunnels by melting in which a housing is provided for supporting a heat source and a heated end portion and in which the necessary melting heat is delivered to the walls of the end portion at a rate sufficient to melt rock and during operation of which the molten material may be disposed adjacent the boring zone in cracks in the rock and as a vitreous wall lining of the tunnel so formed. The heat source can be electrical or nuclear but for deep drilling is preferably a nuclear reactor.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 4:36:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Squids that shoot ink. In the water no less.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 5:16:45 AM EDT
[#47]

Darknets

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 5:26:15 AM EDT
[#48]
There's a spinny ring thing at cheyenne mountain.  The airforce uses it to go on adventures all the time.

I done seen it on my pitcher shows.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 5:49:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Fusion power, anti-gravity, FTL commo using quantum entanglement, high powered MASERs as evidenced in Panama and Desert Storm. SSTO craft.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 5:52:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Dogs with bees in their mouth, so when they bark they shoot bees.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top