Quoted:
"Things You Never Knew Existed"  by Johnson Smith
View Quote
I loved that catalog.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I did this with fishing lures. I'd go to Sporting Goods and buy a few lures - the cheap stuff, of course - and put it in my jacket pocket until I got home.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:So I snuck over to the sporting goods department on a trip to K-mart, bought one, and jammed it down my pants.  It was a long couple of hours before we got home with that damn folding wrist rocket poking me in the balls.

I did this with fishing lures. I'd go to Sporting Goods and buy a few lures - the cheap stuff, of course - and put it in my jacket pocket until I got home.

Uhh, why were you hiding fishing lures?  Were your parents super hardcore PETA vegans?

I wanted the slingshot for launching rocks and fireworks during boy scout outings.  In particular, it was hillarious to shoot pebbles at another troop's adult leader's tent at summer camp from 50 yds away in the brush and watch them yell at their own kids for it.  Also good for silently launching M80 type fireworks.  That would not have been a parent approved reason, thus the ball poking.  

Also not totally sure why the sporting goods guy let a 11 or 12 year old buy it.  Should have seen what else he would sell me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#3]
View All Quotes
Well damn, that's a lot of stuff to fit in a butt plug.

Group buy?
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Uhh, why were you hiding fishing lures?  Were your parents super hardcore PETA vegans?

I wanted the slingshot for launching rocks and fireworks during boy scout outings.  In particular, it was hillarious to shoot pebbles at another troop's adult leader's tent at summer camp from 50 yds away in the brush and watch them yell at their own kids for it.  Also good for silently launching M80 type fireworks.  That would not have been a parent approved reason, thus the ball poking.  

Also not totally sure why the sporting goods guy let a 11 or 12 year old buy it.  Should have seen what else he would sell me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:So I snuck over to the sporting goods department on a trip to K-mart, bought one, and jammed it down my pants.  It was a long couple of hours before we got home with that damn folding wrist rocket poking me in the balls.

Yeah I tried buying one at a sporting goods store at about that age. I got yelled at by the sales guy for my efforts. I guess my money wasn't green enough for him.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Group buy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Group buy?

maximum concealment options

Also included is a small packet of petrolatum (does not fit inside the module)
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I always got mine at a local pawn shop.

I just assumed that as I aged into adulthood I'd need lots of throwing stars and butterfly knives and Rambo survival knives.

My guy also sold civil war relics, like buttons and bullets and swords and confederate currency. He also sold these itty-bitty little miniature (inert) bombs that were like 3" long, maybe less, that weighed about an ounce. I have no clue what they were. I always assumed they were some sort of military surplus.
View Quote

I was in Tae Kwon Do through middle and some of high school.  I had a whole armory of swords, stars, chucks, sais...
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Did either have the special ninja shoes that helped you climb walls??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As mentioned, I was going to say AWMA (Asian World of Martial Arts) and BudK.

Did either have the special ninja shoes that helped you climb walls??

Are you talking about tabi (split toe Ninja boots)? Or the climbing claws and foot spikes (shuko and ashiko)?

IIRC, AWMA had all those.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That shit was available EVERYWHERE. I think I remember seeing ads for that kind of stuff in numerous magazines, from comic books to wrestling magazines to martial arts oriented magazines. And I did my share of ordering too. I am convinced my third grade teacher thought he had a class made up of 50% ninjas. Hell, he probably thought he was a ninja himself by the end of the school year, considering how many assorted throwing stars and other H2H weapons he had confiscated from us. The 1980's were cool. I took things to school with me on a regular basis back then that would cause lockdowns and SWAT deployments these days.
View Quote

I sold throwing stars at school. I was the Mike Damone of martial arts.

Side note: In the 70s we took both empty and full beers to school to trade for beer can collections. In grade school.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I ordered some stars out of Shotgun News back in the day.
View Quote

That's where I got mine too.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Group buy?
View Quote

The expert has arrived.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Brigade Quartermasters had that stuff
View Quote
yep and The Edge Company

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Asian world of martial arts?
View Quote

This, could get ninja suits too!
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
SOF.
View Quote
this
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#14]
i used to get a knife, fishing, hunting catalog in the late 70's / early 80's called    "something" liquidators..  

google wasnt any help figuring it out tonight

brian
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top