Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 3:04:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Will  pay the same no matter what!

Link Posted: 8/19/2019 3:39:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this actually based off of something or just another the world is crashing because brownells thread?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 4:30:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to start my own much better site that y'all can all migrate to for free.

Everyone come over to trannylovingattentionwhoredramaqueens15.com today for your free signups!  We even allow images of naked chicks!

Typical stupid GD.  No announcement (except for DK_Prof's obvious joke) and yet people are throwing tantrums and making wild speculations.

I'm surprised it hasn't been locked for "threads harmful to the site" or whatever the brutal fascist dictatorship CoC wording is.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 4:40:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 4:40:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I can't understand why anyone pays in the first place. I had a membership and other than a couple more forums available to me ( That I never read ) I saw no real benefit. They make plenty of money off of advertising and industry partners.
View Quote
To support the site. I have logged in and read Arfcom GD nearly everyday for the past 20 years. I don't mind helping out to too cover the site's expenses after the entertainment that I have gotten out of it.

We don't know how much they make from advertising. I highly doubt that it was enough to cover the day to day expenses of the site.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 4:41:04 AM EDT
[#6]
The way I see it , I don’t pay for cable anymore because television sucks . Pretty much everything about tv pisses me off . The stupid ass shows are stupid. The news channels are shit . The commercials are annoying. The whole fucking message they are trying to convey with everything is retarded . Sports sucks . I read or work or hang out in the backyard and/or cook , listen to music . I do all kinds of shit , but I don’t watch tv . I get my news and info on world events and entertainment etc. mostly here . I bought a platinum membership mostly because I felt like I should contribute to a place that has given me so much . I think it’s a bargain.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 4:54:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I could use the time tested strategy of posting a sad "I love ARFCOM but my membership is expiring and I can't afford to renew - so Good Bye Guys"...

... and sit back and wait for someone to signal you to log off and then log back on again...

But unless they jack the rates up like crazy, I'll just pony up for another year and keep on keeping on...
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 6:30:02 AM EDT
[#8]
That's pretty simple.....not renew.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 6:33:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Depends on if I am redirected to Brownells to estimate the shipping cost.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 7:07:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If the price goes up I'll skip renewing.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 7:08:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Same thing I'm doing right now....
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 7:12:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Nothing different. Never felt compelled to be a member in the first place...
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 7:14:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I guess cttb and ryann are going to pay more for my membership when the Millers are exonerated. Shrug.

Link Posted: 8/19/2019 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nothing different. Never felt compelled to be a member in the first place...
View Quote
I, at times, do wish I could see my old avatar staring back at me blankly
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 7:36:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I quite paying after the old arfcom management ran Mark LaRue off.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:01:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Between arfcom taking direct orders from the crown, the new owners, and the EE charging sales tax... I’m probably not gonna reup
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:03:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Google

guys that love cock and ar15’s, but mainly cock
View Quote
I know of two Arfcomers that fit that description...
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#18]
In this thread, chicken littles and subtle malcontents once again speculate on how the sky is falling. Same shit, different day.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:05:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I can’t understand why anyone pays in the first place. I had a membership and other than a couple more forums available to me ( That I never read ) I saw no real benefit. They make plenty of money off of advertising and industry partners.
View Quote
Back when I was bronze I found the search feature for members was worth the fee by itself.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:07:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I quite paying after the old arfcom management ran Mark LaRue off.
View Quote
Lol, that's totally what happened, you have the complete story and know everything.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Depends on the details/fine print.  There's been a couple of times before the buyout that I questioned whether it was still worth $24.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:10:07 AM EDT
[#22]
kcolg30 is not renewing shit...
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Cock fighting strippers? What?
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
in before life member circle jerk "iM nEvEr bUyinG anOthEr meMbeRshIp"
View Quote
Now they just need to hope the site's around long enough to get their money's worth
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#25]
I came close to not renewing this year

Plenty of other free forums out there without this kind of bullshit
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Between arfcom taking direct orders from the crown, the new owners, and the EE charging sales tax... I’m probably not gonna reup
View Quote
LOL, Wat?  

Where did you get that gem of misinformation from?
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:31:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:46:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:48:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

LOL, Wat?  

Where did you get that gem of misinformation from?
View Quote
It was confirmed by site staff last week. DJ I think. Pretty shitty actually.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I came close to not renewing this year

Plenty of other free forums out there without this kind of bullshit
View Quote
You realize this is a free site right?
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
will you renew or jump ship?
View Quote

Laugh at all the peons annual members.

Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:12:06 AM EDT
[#35]
So from the depths of someone's bowels another fecal gem of a 'new ownership' thread emerges.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I guess cttb and ryann are going to pay more for my membership when the Millers are exonerated. Shrug.

View Quote
Log out and log back in
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#37]
I’m going to have a friend in the UK Parliament send site staff and email requesting that they not raise membership prices.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
To support the site. I have logged in and read Arfcom GD nearly everyday for the past 20 years. I don't mind helping out to too cover the site's expenses after the entertainment that I have gotten out of it.

We don't know how much they make from advertising. I highly doubt that it was enough to cover the day to day expenses of the site.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't understand why anyone pays in the first place. I had a membership and other than a couple more forums available to me ( That I never read ) I saw no real benefit. They make plenty of money off of advertising and industry partners.

This.

However I disagree on what the site makes. With the amount of traffic, industry partner fees, membership fees, etc the owner probably makes out pretty good.

‘Merica
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
WTF? When did this go into effect?
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:25:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#44]
I hope they’re making millions.    I was around in the beginning.  It was very basic from what I remember.  It took a while to build this site from that.  To get the industry partners it has that monitor and reply to posts to the site daily says a lot.  It’s a centralized place for like minded people to come together, communicate, share knowledge etc.  To say this site hasn’t contributed to the 2A etc is a total understatement.  Like most things that are free..it’s been taken for granted.  Pay up biatches!
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:48:52 AM EDT
[#45]
I was a lurker for years and took full advantage of this site for free.  I get my first hand news here then follow up if I need to. I hardly go to other sites for anything firearm related.  I’ve benefitted for many years and I’m here almost daily.  I’m glad to pay back into it. For those who say it’s not the same...what is?  Honestly I haven’t noticed that much of a change.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are vastly underestimating the income from the site. It is absolutely generating substantial profit.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#47]
4 pages, and not one tangible piece of evidence of an increase.

I'm good for another year or 2, but I'll still pay.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#48]
I'll be here until I die. Got nowhere else to go.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#49]
I guess I will have to be an adult and decide if the new cost is worth the value Jesus Christ, some of the shit you guys worry about.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#50]
I might renew if they continue to have the prize drawing for team members
Even though I have never won even the lowliest prize from here yet
If the fall contest is discontinued, no way
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top