Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty much what I am doing right now. Not a whole lot.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably be sitting around lonely wondering why my like sucks and seems meaningless.
View Quote

My life is half doing that and half banging strippers half my age
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Probably be sitting around lonely wondering why my like sucks and seems meaningless. Wife is my soul mate and my kids gave me the best times of my life as a father. I pity those who never get to feel this.
View Quote

Even when they annoy the shit out of me I feel like this. Wife took the little one to an out of town appointment last week and life felt empty and meaningless without them annoying me when I got home from work.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Playing golf
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Mid 30s here, no kids or wife (been with the same woman for 7 years)

Its great,  I own all my shit, no debt, no risk of a woman divorcing me and taking everything I've worked for

I do what I want when I want.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Whatever I want, whenever I want.

The happy life happy wife syndrome can be avoided if
1. You invite them to partake in fun.
2. When they bitch we do nothing fun together, remind them of that bad day/bad week and choosing to be a bump on a log.
3. Realize pretty faces/nice bodies = dime a dozen stop putting them on a pedestal.
4. Choose the one that has lots of similar/same hobbies.
Bro, you're not getting the wine fueled traveling shopping fur baby obsessed retards to be anything more than arm candy at a bar/night club or some foreign all inclusive tourist trap destination...
Ignore them for being contenders of wife status. They're retarded wastes of meat.
Money. Energy. Attention. Time.

You can have both a family and hobbies.

My father didn't stop sell or abandon anything he enjoyed simply because he married my mom, or when I came along, nor when my little sister came along...

As a result I learned how to hunt, shoot, ride/race/fix quads dirt bikes snowmobiles and all sorts of fun stuff, when most others were cooped up with a nintendo/Sega and later playstations/Xbox.
Reflecting on it. The ol man did it right. Slick bastard said go play/have fun and take your sister with you, meant he was getting some.

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I spent most of my time chasing tail before I got married, and that's pretty much the only thing I'm not allowed to do as it is, so...

Honestly I'm not sure I'd have made it this long without my wife and kids, others have said so too and you may not understand it, but there have been days when my kids were the only reason I had to keep drawing breath. I'm not the type to suicide but I do enjoy taking risks, and when you take risks while not valuing your future very much bad things of one sort or another tend to happen.

I'm living my best life right now, building a country home with my family. My wife makes it possible for me to be my best self and my kids give me the motivation.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thots.  Id be doing lots of thots.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's me right now, 39 and single.  

In 1 hour I'll be taking a redheaded nurse to a distillery and winery.
View Quote
pics of distillery and winery?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wouldn't be in nj that's for sure.
View Quote

100% THIS
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
All these guys saying theyd be dead  Wow.
Sometimes responsibilities are like gravity. They keep you on earth.

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd probably have more cars and guns and shoot even more guns and race even more cars. Kids are expensive!
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I do whatever I want and most of the time I feel like I dodged a bullet.  There's lots of good women out there but nearly all of them are married because they're good women.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd be retired before I hit 50.

It's good that I have them though and wouldn't want it any other way.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd probably be mounting up in Ukraine with the clapper from some local. Or I'd be dead, which honestly is probably more likely.

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Not sure, having my kids was a major motivation for me to get my act together

I’d probably be a staff nurse still, rather than a travel nurse if my wife didn’t leave me and take them with her
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not sure, having my kids was a major motivation for me to get my act together

I'd probably be a staff nurse still, rather than a travel nurse if my wife didn't leave me and take them with her
View Quote
possible MGTOW thread?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Probably the same thing work wise, but I’d live on a boat.   But, NOT like that weirdo Cement boat bum.    
I’d be living in style, Spending like a Sailor, on Porsches, jet skis and aircraft, in an effort to stave off the boredom and depression.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ok, NOW I gotta say something...

So, what do all these people with kids do when their kids are up and gone and go to college?

Oh yea, they more than likely self-destruct via "divorce", "mid life crisis" or whatever....Why? Because their "life" didn't require them to actually put any effort into finding meaning - as they defaulted into birthing kids.

Us single and/or childless folks, yes, lack of responsibilities that come with kids often allows us to have more "perks" in life (i.e. I can spend, go, do what I want - when/where/how I want)....

BUT, we have other burdens. Like in my case, I don't have a 2nd income, so it's all on me. While I try to keep my cost of living low, its not like I got a million dollars cuz I don't have mouths to feed. There are statistics, studies, etc. showing that married couples have more financial stability (because combined incomes and/or tax breaks).

Next, us single and/or childless folks are doing the same thing empty nesters are gonna have to figure out - which is to have a life....

Me? I work long hours, volunteer, look into fitness, hobbies, and support my family (i.e. if they need a break from the kids and/or some financial help, that's where I step in). I also let my mom live with me and handle her affairs (although we fight when I have to draw boundaries).

I was watching one of those penguin movies in a museum and the penguins who couldn't bear kiddies? They had a role in society - they kicked in when the baby penguins were bigger and BOTH mom and dad had to go out and hunt for food. The kiddies needed to be watched by someone while mom and pop were out and about.

Next, I looked up a religious thing - where yeah, a few months ago I was questioning "what" my purpose in life is (as I'm approaching 50) and this is what I found for a Daily Inspiration:

"Perhaps, our purpose in this world is to serve and be of help to others. May God guide us on this journey and allow us to be of benefit to others in this world for the sake of the Hereafter. Amen"

And that's where I'm at. I will continue to strive to see where/how I can help in community, church and family....and, just find things to keep me busy (i.e. the hobbies, volunteering, etc.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably be sitting around lonely wondering why my like sucks and seems meaningless. Wife is my soul mate and my kids gave me the best times of my life as a father. I pity those who never get to feel this.

This.

So, what do all these people with kids do when their kids are up and gone and go to college?

Oh yea, they more than likely self-destruct via "divorce", "mid life crisis" or whatever....Why? Because their "life" didn't require them to actually put any effort into finding meaning - as they defaulted into birthing kids.

Us single and/or childless folks, yes, lack of responsibilities that come with kids often allows us to have more "perks" in life (i.e. I can spend, go, do what I want - when/where/how I want)....

BUT, we have other burdens. Like in my case, I don't have a 2nd income, so it's all on me. While I try to keep my cost of living low, its not like I got a million dollars cuz I don't have mouths to feed. There are statistics, studies, etc. showing that married couples have more financial stability (because combined incomes and/or tax breaks).

Next, us single and/or childless folks are doing the same thing empty nesters are gonna have to figure out - which is to have a life....

Me? I work long hours, volunteer, look into fitness, hobbies, and support my family (i.e. if they need a break from the kids and/or some financial help, that's where I step in). I also let my mom live with me and handle her affairs (although we fight when I have to draw boundaries).

I was watching one of those penguin movies in a museum and the penguins who couldn't bear kiddies? They had a role in society - they kicked in when the baby penguins were bigger and BOTH mom and dad had to go out and hunt for food. The kiddies needed to be watched by someone while mom and pop were out and about.

Next, I looked up a religious thing - where yeah, a few months ago I was questioning "what" my purpose in life is (as I'm approaching 50) and this is what I found for a Daily Inspiration:

"Perhaps, our purpose in this world is to serve and be of help to others. May God guide us on this journey and allow us to be of benefit to others in this world for the sake of the Hereafter. Amen"

And that's where I'm at. I will continue to strive to see where/how I can help in community, church and family....and, just find things to keep me busy (i.e. the hobbies, volunteering, etc.)

There’s an obvious amount of pain in your post, but fwiw, I can confirm that yes, parents do have to reinvent themselves and re-discover their life’s purpose, when their children leave home.   If you have good kids, it’s one of the hardest things you have to go through.

Everyone’s path is different, and we all have our struggles.  In the end, we’ll all face death more or less, alone.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I feel like I should be doing more, but running a business takes a lot of my time.  Having peace and quiet when I get home from running around all day at work, and having to remove money from my stuffed wallet almost weekly, is very comforting.  

Pretty close to saying fuck the business, renting out the house, and disappearing for a while.  Not sure what I'm waiting for.  

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
All these guys saying theyd be dead  Wow.
View Quote

Yes.  That would have been a distinct possibility.   Not suicide, but just because of constant risk taking.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Dead/prison
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Moldering in a young man's grave.

I had issues that I turned around when I decided to devote my life to a wife and family.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Fishing and hunting. All. The. Time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The solution is to get married, but not have kids.  2x the income, but no additional costs.

DINK life for the win.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I’m sorry you are triggered.  I have seen more than a handful of people who are childless and focused on many of the things you mentioned, only to realize later in life that it was mostly meaningless in the end and regret that their genes were too weak to pass along. Sure there are exceptions to that, it’s a great example of Pareto distribution.

People championing the “child free life” are helping with the downfall of Western society.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd have a lot more money, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm sorry you are triggered.  I have seen more than a handful of people who are childless and focused on many of the things you mentioned, only to realize later in life that it was mostly meaningless in the end and regret that their genes were too weak to pass along. Sure there are exceptions to that, it's a great example of Pareto distribution.

People championing the "child free life" are helping with the downfall of Western society.
View Quote
87% of mericans have no business having kids.

have you not seen the "idiocracy" documentary?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Probably not much, bum around the third world on a motorcycle or something.

I’d see no incentive to participate in normal society if stability weren’t good for kids.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#32]
My home Office would look like this, but with more guns.

Attachment Attached File

To be honest though, I love being a husband and father.  If you asked me 10 years ago I wouldn’t have answered the same way though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Never married, no kids... I'm playing on arfcom on Saturday night...

Meh..
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry you are triggered.  I have seen more than a handful of people who are childless and focused on many of the things you mentioned, only to realize later in life that it was mostly meaningless in the end and regret that their genes were too weak to pass along. Sure there are exceptions to that, it's a great example of Pareto distribution.

People championing the "child free life" are helping with the downfall of Western society.

Actually the problem is that those who should have kids are not having kids, per the documentary.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#35]
My biosibs have multiple marriages, my bro currently and forevermore single, and my sister found her man. A niece and a nephew from each, whom I enjoy but really the guys more so than the nieces. My little sis, biologically my cousin, is like me; no marriages and a string of ex-SOs who didn't want anything to do with commitment.

I think I'd have loved having kids, but instead I made money in the oil biz and had the girlfriends that go with it. Win? Lose? I don't know, there are pluses and minuses either way.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Meh..
View Quote
hellyeahsister.jpeg
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Actually the problem is that those who should have kids are not having kids, per the documentary.
View Quote
as i said:  87% of your fellow mericans should not reproduce.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Married 21 years 5 kids.  

This is for real a thought provoking question.  

And I have no idea what I’d be doing.

I’m so used to just having to get shit done because so many depend on me…I wonder if I would have settled for way less if it was just me I was worried about.

I have a never married mid 40’s brother who seems to enjoy his situation, do with his money as he wishes and plays a lot of golf.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Probably would have quit my job by now and doing some dumb gig job.  Bought some weird house instead of a normal one.  Would’ve pissed away money on cars I couldn’t afford.  My family keeps me grounded because I have responsibilities not just to myself.  I don’t care about myself, but I care about my family.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My wife is on the couch sleeping, however, I just got down plowing mine and the neighbor driveway and finishing up my 3rd Bloody Mary. I guess if she wasn't here, I would be doing the same thing!

View Quote

Lol at first pass I read “plowing the neighbor”.

Right on man, right on.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#41]
I would work with my hands and live in the northern rockies spending most of my time fishing and hunting, and proving as much of my own food as i could from my land.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
hellyeahsister.jpeg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh..
hellyeahsister.jpeg

That helped a little.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#43]
I'd probably have a few full autos and a ferrari or two.

But I wouldn't trade my family for anything.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I’m sorry you are triggered.  I have seen more than a handful of people who are childless and focused on many of the things you mentioned, only to realize later in life that it was mostly meaningless in the end and regret that their genes were too weak to pass along. Sure there are exceptions to that, it’s a great example of Pareto distribution.

People championing the “child free life” are helping with the downfall of Western society.
View Quote

Unless I misunderstood your intent that is a total
dick thing to say.  

Maybe a marriage opportunity has not presented itself to her.  That’s what I took from it.  

And I believe she will have a chance to marry and have kids in “the next life” if she wanted to.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'd probably have more cars and guns and shoot even more guns and race even more cars. Kids are expensive!
View Quote

Buy more cars and guns. For the children.
Enjoy more cars, more guns, with the children.

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I would work with my hands and live in the northern rockies spending most of my time fishing and hunting, and proving as much of my own food as i could from my land.
View Quote
would you have liked to seen montana?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#47]
36, married. No kids.

We live in Japan.  Plan to live in Europe at some point. Maybe retire around 48 and travel and shoot and enjoy the short time we have.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Feeding worms
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Unless I misunderstood your intent that is a total
dick thing to say.  

Maybe a marriage opportunity has not presented itself to her.  That’s what I took from it.  

And I believe she will have a chance to marry and have kids in “the next life” if she wanted to.
View Quote

I've been trying to link her and dirty machinist up...
We've got curse threads galore. No arfcom match making success threads though...
It doesn't bode well for us, God country family types. DU would have a field day with it.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top