Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a guy at work we call Pony Hawk who does this. We call him Pony Hawk because he has a sweet mohawk that leads to a super sweet greased-up rat tail. He always appears to be wet, though I don't think it's because of the gallon of water.
I feel a bit bad for him because now that he's in his 50's he has a pretty good size bald spot chipping away at his sweet hairdo. Poor guy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:55:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's with the trend of Arfcommers always complaining about trends?
View Quote
And the trend of Arfcommers starting threads about things that have been going on for decades, or centuries, and calling them trends.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I used one of these every day for over two decades of construction and agricultural work.  I purchase a new one roughly every 5-7ish years, depending on how beat up they get.  Costs me $15, and refill water is free.  It's even insulated so my water stays icy cold.  

I don't get the gallon milk jug thing.  

Attachment Attached File
View Quote
I had one of these, only in blue, that used to bang around the cab of my work truck all day long.  Fill it with ice from the company ice maker, fill it with water at 6 am, and have ice water all day long.  Refill as needed.  It might even be possible to stow a tall boy in there at lunchtime before you re-fill it.  Said tall boy might actually be friggin' ice cold for the drive home.  Not that I ever did.  Not me.  It's just something I heard.  Locker room talk.

Now that I fly a desk, I have plenty of opportunities to visit the water cooler.  Can I track the exact number of ounces I drink in a day?  Fuck no.  I'd have to do the math to figure out how much water there is in a double bourbon on the rocks, which I suppose depends on how fast you drink the fucking thing, and how much of the ice has melted into the bourbon, and fuck that. Math is for fags.  No, I don't lift. Bro.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#4]
A gallon of water will let them pass the whiz quiz
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
gallon of water sitting on my desk as I type...its cheap and allows me to track my water intake throughout the day

how is this hard to understand?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
7.8 gallons is a bit overkill, jesus
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wear one of these all day. It carries 1000oz of water and my survival gear. Your jug can't do that.

http://www.utahoutside.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Osprey-Raptor-1-480x640-e1369327527499.jpg
No kidding.  62 pounds of water alone.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I thought it was a crossfit/gymrat fad.
View Quote
Yep. We have a fat fuck in our office that drinks from one with a nipple-like attachment. It’s annoying and he’s still a fat bastard.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wear one of these all day. It carries 1000oz of water and my survival gear. Your jug can't do that.

http://www.utahoutside.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Osprey-Raptor-1-480x640-e1369327527499.jpg
Non-metric units of measurement makes my head hurt. Ounces, gallons, pounds, WTF do any of these words mean?

Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah7ApyeyneY

Careful messing with those guys. It might be a gallon of PCP!
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#10]
a gallon of water is usually under a dollar while a 1ltr will run you usually 1.50.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Excessive thirst is a sign of diabetes.  You may want to get tested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol at the lightweights who only drink a gallon a day. I easily kill a 30 ounce bottle of water in a few sips. Thirsty again a few minutes later.
Excessive thirst is a sign of diabetes.  You may want to get tested.
Im about the same as him.

Wasnt joking about the hose.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#12]
go be poor else where
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one of these with one of these covering it...But I can't keep up with how much I'm drinking because I don't know if I should stand in front of my jug with my hand over my heart or kneel.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Do the jugs say 5% on them?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#15]
What is so odd about it?

I've been doing it for years. It's a lot easier to put a gallon of water on the 4-wheeler and drink from it when I'm out cutting paths open and such. Plus there is water for a quick brew-up of coffee or some dehydrated food with my alcohol stove.

I don't care for ice water so having it out is not a consideration. Just keep it out of direct sunlight.

That said if I don't drink/use it all I pour it out.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Gotta go refill my brotank, bro.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Maybe its really Shine...
View Quote
This.  It's a morale booster, until it becomes a productivity buster.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Exactly.  Not a new thing at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This "trend" is like 20 years old.
Exactly.  Not a new thing at all.
The only new trend here is people can't mind their business and have to post every "stupid" thing they see on the Internet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bro, 1000oz of water is 7.821 gallons and weighs 65#.

You sure you wanna stick to your story?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
That dude has eye-liner on......
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Non-metric units of measurement makes my head hurt. Ounces, gallons, pounds, WTF do any of these words mean?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom units. 
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have been doing it for many years, but I actually drink the whole thing every day, sometimes more.
View Quote
This.  Some people drink more than trips to a water fountain can realistically accommodate.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bro, 1000oz of water is 7.821 gallons and weighs 65#.

You sure you wanna stick to your story?
View Quote
That's what the tag says. It holds 1000oz or 3 liters.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Does anybody have a link to the hilarious memes from a few years back (when this really was at fad level) and some Army CSM made the mistake of bitching about soldiers walking around with big jugs?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Meh... don't carry a gallon jug but most times I do have a regular bottled water with me. I drink about 100 ounces a day. The gallon jug thing is retarded in my mind. See it at the gym. I would rather have a regular bottle that is cold. I bet the gallon jug is hot by the end of it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Must be made in China. 3 liters is .792 gallons. There are 128 oz in one gallon. 
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Does anybody have a link to the hilarious memes from a few years back (when this really was at fad level) and some Army CSM made the mistake of bitching about soldiers walking around with big jugs?
View Quote
That was on Fort Hood.  The post CSM prohibited it and wanted everyone to walk around with 12oz bottles in their pockets. On fort Hod...in 100+ degrees with 99% humidity...with half the buildings on post gutted with few water fountains to refill....

Yeah, we just continued to carry around gallon jugs anyway.

Its incredibly hard for me to imagine anybody criticizing anybody for something like drinking or carrying too much water.  Im constantly drinking water all day long.  I'd much rather make fun of the 75% of the US population that is chronically dehydrated, or the 80% that aren't in decent shape at all.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's OK scrot, I misplace decimals all the time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Technically this is a dupe thread.

Then again we do this one every 6 months.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
One gallon is roughly equivalent to 2.54 Farvas.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File

I wonder how many will get this reference.   
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Field workers used to fill them up and put in freezer before next day of work.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
CROSSFIT BRAH

Gotta let all the other crossfitters know that you crossfit so y'all can meet up and touch wieners behind the dumpster after work.
View Quote
This place must be 50% homo's! You can't read a few posts here , without some fag talking about something fucking gay.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Bunch of shit talkers in here with pallets of water jugs at the BOL or Scepter cans of water in the BOV but hate on a dude for carrying one around with him to sip from

The jugs are practically free and being well hydrated has health benefits, especially if you're taking supplements. The jug vessel makes it easier to follow along vs taking sips from the fountain where you could be under or over hydrating.

Don't get the hate.
View Quote
GD hates
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much is that in furlongs?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
7 gallons?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I have been doing it for many years, but I actually drink the whole thing every day, sometimes more.
View Quote
me too.  helps me in a lot of ways - it helps with weight management.  also, I'm diabetic and have gout.  staying hydrated is crucial for both those.  carrying a gallon of h20 holds me accountable for how much / how little water I consume daily.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, there are plenty of tards out there living kickass lives.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#39]
I can imagine having it outside but turning up a gallon jug at the office would look a little tardish.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#40]
To prep for an evening of golden showers?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Who the hell drinks that much water in one day anyways.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's 0.0159 Hogsheads.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It's 0.0159 Hogsheads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's 0.0159 Hogsheads.
How many grains is that?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
It means "We used these units to plant a flag on the moon, eurofaggot distinguished gentleman of European descent who prefers the company of gentleman!"

Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:04:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/42575/HOV-317949.JPG

I wonder how many will get this reference.   
View Quote
Having the title of the movie in the pic doesn't really help.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#46]
If you drink a lot of water it's simply cheaper to buy a gallon rather than a case of bottled water

A lot of college students do it because the water at the gym, work, school... sucks
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#47]
At my job, there used to be one fountain that had enough minerals in it to make the water taste good.  Now, that fountain is gone and all the machines we have taste like chlorine, they put a bit too much in the system.  A lot of people don't like the taste so they bring in their own gallon jug.  It is easier and cheaper to bring in one big jug than several bottles, you only have to fill once per 12 hour shift.  I just mask the water with Crystal Light Lemonaid, it covers up the taste of the water well enough that I don't bring in my own.  I used to bring in my own bottles of water but it is too much hassle to bring in a few bottles and I don't drink a full gallon at work.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
In the south we just carry around an 87 ounce gas station gulp buster with crushed ice and Dr Pepper
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Drink out of a jug at home because I’m too lazy to pour it into a cup/glass.

Keep a jug at work that my lips never touch. Just refill my Nalgene as needed. Refill my jug from the filtered water dispenser.

As for outside of Home/work? I bring one when I go fishing on my brother’s boat. That’s about it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top