Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Going today to pick up one of those 60 inch hardwood workbenches for reloading
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/133188/DB856406-055C-44C8-BD2F-01E925F28E44_png-828779.JPGI bought their cheaper inspection camera and a tow chain that was on sale. Used it today to drag a car.
View Quote
That has to be the weakest chain I’ve ever seen in my life.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#3]
A set of SAE flare nut wrenches.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Bought a welding cart a couple of weeks ago for the  cheap flux core welder I bought a few days before. I've had much more expensive welders in the past but needed to weld some fender flare brackets and was very pleased with how good that welder worked. I usually hit up HF a couple times a month for disposable gloves, free flashlights and other random stuff.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#5]
i was going to go buy the arbor press they have today
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
Bought this Nov 20th in blue color not a presale... still has not arrived. Just 2 days ago I bought their floor nailer.  For 89 dollars I figured it was better deal than renting one.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bought this Nov 20th in blue color not a presale... still has not arrived. Just 2 days ago I bought their floor nailer.  For 89 dollars I figured it was better deal than renting one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ouch.  I bought mine while it was out of stock and only took a week to get here.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#8]
That floor jack is the first thing I ever bought at HF.  It has made life much easier.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Bought a couple tarps and moving blankets the other day with some cheap clamps to hold them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I have had terrible luck with there tools which is good because it pushes me to buy older quality tools. Now, I usually by from there if I only plan to use it a couple times.

I am however looking forward to buying their new Doyle line of tools and a 55" or 72" tool box.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#11]
The last thing I bought from HF was the 2K watt inverter generator
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#12]
The little racing jack they have is a sweet little number.  Very light and easy to carry around.  Gets under real low cars.  Doesn’t take much space either.  No telling how durable it is.

Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Bought a manual log splitter last fall. Works great!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I have not been in that place in over 5 years.  all the chemicals in the air gave me a headache.  But I bought one of those 1x30 belt sanders.  What a POS, it didn't last long.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Braun LED light...my third one. These are great in the shop or work around the house.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#16]
3 pages in I expected to see more hate for HF...If you know how to weed out the junk there's some good shit at HF. Also a lot of junk. Last thing I bought was the little 2 1/2" swivel table vise. Works just fine for it's purpose. I did take it apart and clean it up then re-lube it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Gravity Feed Spot Blaster and 25#s of glass bead media.  Cheap gun but it works fine for blasting small parts when you don't want to have to change media in a cabinet.  It doesn't work well at all for course irregular grit without opening up the hopper feed hole but I only use it for the glass beads.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#18]
$20 sledge hammer
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Braun LED light...my third one. These are great in the shop or work around the house.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/74443/LED_light_jpg-829169.JPG
View Quote
Just watched a video on that. Gonna get me one. Looks great.

A hanger on the end for when you don't have anything magnetic to stick it to would be a nice addition, but shouldn't be hard to substitute something for a hanger.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Bought yesterday

Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ordered a few of days ago.  Called today to inquire about shipping to find out I probably won't see it until April. :(

https://i.ibb.co/RSf2HwH/image-18577.jpg
View Quote
Can you provide a link of model number please?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#22]
I think I need to break down and get a trickle charger for the summer car. Even the winter car is barely cranking
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Bauer deep cut portable bandsaw, $94.95 with a coupon last month. $99.95 now.

Works well on a Swag Off Road table.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Front fell off your chainsaw.

I have the same bench for reloading and love it after a couple of modifications. I lag bolted the frame to the wall studs. I also add a sheet of 3/4" plywood to the top because that particle board top is not going to hold up to any use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
work bench for $90 after a coupon pretty decent, mounted a vise onto it already.

https://www.harborfreight.com/48-in-workbench-with-light-62563.html

kitteh approves

https://i.imgur.com/4hBIC4Q.jpg
Front fell off your chainsaw.

I have the same bench for reloading and love it after a couple of modifications. I lag bolted the frame to the wall studs. I also add a sheet of 3/4" plywood to the top because that particle board top is not going to hold up to any use.
its easier to mess around with without the bar!
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone have a opinon on the Drill press?
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have not been in that place in over 5 years.  all the chemicals in the air gave me a headache. But I bought one of those 1x30 belt sanders.  What a POS, it didn't last long.
View Quote
All the Chinese rubber?  Can you imagine what a whore house in China must smell like??
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#27]
This in black.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Foldable Aluminum Sports Chair

It's great and much better than the typical folding camping chair.  They sit much higher, so egress is easier for me since I have bad knees.  The little folding table is handy too.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Bono safety goggles
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That floor jack is the first thing I ever bought at HF.  It has made life much easier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I just can't bring myself to buy a jack there. My default rule for HF is "Don't buy anything from HF that would result in your death if it failed."
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#32]
And I am sure if people were dropping dead because the jack stands failed you were using jackstands right.

Anyways if the jacks were failing you would see posts all over the place about it.

Its really fine if you want to pay for top of the line tools you don't need to justify not getting HF stuff.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
And I am sure if people were dropping dead because the jack stands failed you were using jackstands right. (I think you forgot some words.)

Anyways, if the jacks were failing you would see posts all over the place about it.

Its really fine if you want to pay for top of the line tools. You don't need to justify not getting HF stuff.
View Quote
I buy a good bit of stuff from HF. There are just rules involved. I also always use jackstands. How about we don't go jumping to conclusions there Sparky? While we're talking about what we need, you do need some work on the English language.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I just can't bring myself to buy a jack there. My default rule for HF is "Don't buy anything from HF that would result in your death if it failed."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If a jack fails, how would you die?
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Bought a manual log splitter last fall. Works great!!!
View Quote
That lever hydraulic thing? People actually use those?
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I understand that it would be highly unlikely to kill me since I use jack stands. I’d just prefer to use a jack from a place that has a better track record than HF. I like a lot of their stuff, but it has had a much higher failure rate than stuff from other places.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I understand that it would be highly unlikely to kill me since I use jack stands. I’d just prefer to use a jack from a place that has a better track record than HF. I like a lot of their stuff, but it has had a much higher failure rate than stuff from other places.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't understand why you brought it up then?

You said your rule is don't buy anything from HF that can kill you. Then you admit that if using a jack properly you're (VERY) unlikely to die. So what's the issue?

I'm sure nobody cares if you just prefer a higher quality tool, but why come into a HF thread to tell us?
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#38]
HF needs a "list".

They probably have 20-30 must-have's/just-as-good-as-the-box trucks by now.

I don't like buying cheap junk but when I see 10 reviews done by people I trust saying that the HF ______ is a good tool, I buy it (if I need it).
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You said your rule is don't buy anything from HF that can kill you. Then you admit that if using a jack properly you're (VERY) unlikely to die. So what's the issue?

I'm sure nobody cares if you just prefer a higher quality tool, but why come into a HF thread to tell us?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s this thing called a sense of humor. You should probably grow one.

If you look further up, I posted that I recently bought the 5 drawer tool chest. I posted that well before the comment on the jack. The pic of the jack just made me think about seeing the jacks and considering them, but deciding not to.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 8:44:49 PM EDT
[#40]
You guys are missing out if you don't consider the Daytona line of floor Jack's. I got one last year. It's pretty great. I also have a 15yo 1.5 ton aluminum one that is still going strong.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
All the Chinese rubber?  Can you imagine what a whore house in China must smell like??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have not been in that place in over 5 years.  all the chemicals in the air gave me a headache. But I bought one of those 1x30 belt sanders.  What a POS, it didn't last long.
Like incense, at least that's what I was told.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If you look further up, I posted that I recently bought the 5 drawer tool chest. I posted that well before the comment on the jack. The pic of the jack just made me think about seeing the jacks and considering them, but deciding not to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easy killer, you might want to take your own advice since I don't see anybody else laughing along with your "joke".

I honestly just didn't understand why you decided to bring it up. Maybe you know a bunch of people who've been maimed or killed by HF jacks which is why you have that opinion. I've never seen anybody complain about their HF jack so that would be news to me, but hey it happens. My current jack works fine and likely will for a long time, but if it failed HF would be one of the most likely places I would buy a replacement so I'd like to know about these killer jacks before I somehow become a victim.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:01:37 PM EDT
[#43]
I wouldn't trust a shop rag from Harbor Freight.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can understand that and use the jack cautiously.  I never get under something it's holding until there are jack stands under it.  So far I have used it many times and it's never failed.  But it only takes once.

My last HF purchase needs to be updated now.  I stopped by on the way home from work and picked up a hammer drill (see below) and bits because of this thread.  The plan is to use it to drill holes to anchor the tool boxes I picked up in my previous post/HF visit.  There were a few other things I was going to pick up but decided to wait.  It gives me another excuse to go by there.

Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Easy killer, you might want to take your own advice since I don't see anybody else laughing along with your "joke".

I honestly just didn't understand why you decided to bring it up. Maybe you know a bunch of people who've been maimed or killed by HF jacks which is why you have that opinion. I've never seen anybody complain about their HF jack so that would be news to me, but hey it happens. My current jack works fine and likely will for a long time, but if it failed HF would be one of the most likely places I would buy a replacement so I'd like to know about these killer jacks before I somehow become a victim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where exactly on the spectrum do you fall? Do you get this upset when people joke about Anderson?

I’m sure I’m not the first person to make a joke about HF jacks or any other tools. It’s kind of like the Ford/Chevy/Dodge thing. I highly doubt anyone on any side actually believes most of what the say about the other two.

It’s ok dude. Most people, including me, get by just fine with most HF stuff. I joke about my other HF stuff too. I joke about the “heavy duty” pry bar that was about as tough as an over-cooked noodle and the reciprocating saw that has been great.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Got a moron lamp!  
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I wouldn't trust a shop rag from Harbor Freight.
View Quote
They work as well as any other.  Their microfiber towels work as well as any other too.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/24999/2019-01-31_21_02_24_jpg-828770.JPG

I bought this several months ago.

I expected it to be a piece of crap, and it is.
View Quote
wow, your Anvil Shaped Object is not even....that..........
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Nitrile gloves.  Getting close to buying the full size wood lathe.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top