BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/12/2019 11:42:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they’re lost and have no idea what they’re doing.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#2]
They will accept the protests as long as the international media is watching. When the Hong Kong protests become old news, they'll start arresting protestors and they will be tried and imprisoned in mainland China. Eventually protests will stop out of fear.

I don't think a Tiananmen Square like event is likely due to the availability of electronics that could not only record, but live stream a violent crack down.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#3]
When it does go down, the Chinese will cut ALL comm links, even satellite.   The outside world won't have a clue as to what is going on.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Post your predictions!

Is there a specific trigger point they are waiting for?  Like a policeman being killed, or a police station being burned down?

Is it just a matter of time?  Are they going to be willing to “wait and see” or are they going to crack down soon and try to “nip it in the bud” before it becomes too big to manage?

How will they do it?  Massive show of military force (like Tiannamom square), or infiltration of lots of plainclothes and undercover to kill protest leaders, etc., or something in between?
View Quote
All of the above
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#6]
When the Houston Rockets fall below .600.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#7]
they'll ignore it till it dies down on its own.

if no one budges eventually they'll get bored on their own.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#8]
It will literally look like this but with more tanks

Dawn Of The Dead (2004) - Intro
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#9]
With the world watching they are playing a waiting game

Dead police might help their side
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#10]
As soon as Trump’s out of office
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Post your predictions!

Is there a specific trigger point they are waiting for?  Like a policeman being killed, or a police station being burned down?

Is it just a matter of time?  Are they going to be willing to “wait and see” or are they going to crack down soon and try to “nip it in the bud” before it becomes too big to manage?

How will they do it?  Massive show of military force (like Tiannamom square), or infiltration of lots of plainclothes and undercover to kill protest leaders, etc., or something in between?
View Quote
The CCP has to stand down as long as the Pentagon and National Guard are not cracking heads in along the Pacific-US.  Until then, the rainbow games will continue on both sides of the Pacific.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When it does go down, the Chinese will cut ALL comm links, even satellite.   The outside world won't have a clue as to what is going on.
View Quote
This, the question is WHEN not if.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#14]
They don't have to "crack down" on anything.

Identify people, and once things calm down arrest and charge them.

Just like our government did with the Bundy Fiasco.

A simple exit ban on any identified people (which they already have heavily done) keeps them from running.

Time ALWAYS favors the government.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Containment and slow roll.
Mainland Security agencies black ops , can't imagine it's not already in action.

Mainland agents making protesters go missing "Kidnapping" , " accidentally"  deaths and black mail would be the slow and sure way to tamp it down.

Chinese can play the long game pretty well.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I think they want to false flag something but can't figure out how to get away with it in the digital age when everyone has a streaming camera on them.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm honestly surprised police aren't being stabbed. If you watch videos most of them seem to have zero situational awareness.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#18]
China’s biggest issue here is collateral damage... with very, very valuable collateral.  Going in hard could cost them billions (not even considering the international response).

HK is the mother of all cash cows for a China.  They have to figure out how get the bull out the china shop (pun intended), but there’s a bunch of bulls,  they move fast, and they’re hard to tell apart from the china.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#19]
China is in a tough spot, if they do a hard crack down it could cripple their economy.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#20]
China plays the very long game. HK protestors are nothing more than a minor side note.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#21]
It will happen at night over the course of several weeks to several months. Each night a few organizers and people in the upper ranks of the demonstration will slowly disappear. People will fill those ranks but they too will slowly disappear. Eventually the unspoken message will reach the rest of the protestors and poof their desire to organize and resist Beijing will dissolve.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's going to be really difficult to cut all comm links with a populace who would be determined to get their story out.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
China is in a tough spot, if they do a hard crack down it could cripple their economy.
View Quote
From what I've been watching I'm not so sure that's the case.  Hong Kong's importance is way down w/ the other special economic zone cities like Shenzhen they've created.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
China plays the very long game. HK protestors are nothing more than a minor side note.
View Quote
History doesn’t agree with you.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
From what I've been watching I'm not so sure that's the case.  Hong Kong's importance is way down w/ the other special economic zone cities like Shenzhen they've created.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shenzhen only exists because of Hong Kong. Take away the westernizing legitimization HK provides, and Shenzhen collapses.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
As soon as Trump’s out of office
View Quote
I thought I read that Trump let them know that it would be a terrible decision to do anything in Honk Kong.
With any luck, they will think long and hard about a crackdown and understand that it has potentially far reaching negative consequences, especially for trade.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:59:54 PM EDT
[#27]
China can't do anything without pissing off literally everybody and destabilizing world financial markets, but when Xi the Pooh finally decides that he's lost too much face, they're gonna roll armor and start slaughtering anyone that doesn't do what they say.

They've already let it go on too long to get under control. The evidence of that was that the protesters got what they wanted with the extradition bill retracted, but they're still going because they didn't like the feel of that particular boot that close to their neck.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not possible or even worth it.

If HK magically disappeared from all communication, people would think China nuked it, how does that help them?
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Shenzhen only exists because of Hong Kong. Take the westernizing legitimization HK provides, and Shenzhen collapses.
View Quote
Rents in Shenzhen have been going down for awhile.

Cracking down in HK pretty much kills any incrementalist victories they have in Southeast Asia or on Taiwan.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They don't have to "crack down" on anything.

Identify people, and once things calm down arrest and charge them.

Just like our government did with the Bundy Fiasco.

A simple exit ban on any identified people (which they already have heavily done) keeps them from running.

Time ALWAYS favors the government.
View Quote
But they KNOW this is going to happen to them, so they won't back down.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#31]
One thing is for sure, our own deep state is watching closely and whatever successes or failures China has will be forever stored in the playbook for dealing with us.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#32]
They already started about 45 days ago. China’s PLA People’s Armed Police are imbedded with HK police, we picked up on it from the live broadcasts,  PAP are nasty and brutal. If you look close enough, the PAP are taller, in better shape, and younger than HK police.

China will continue to imbed mainland forces, so when there is a massacre, China will not claim responsibility. That’s how they do.....
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Agreed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed.
They’ll certainly do their best. I think that the “it won’t end like Tiananmen” line is starting to look like the same sort of rose colored glasses that contributed to “if we trade with them they’ll become a democracy!” tripe that we heard for a long time. The fact is, the ChiComs cannot and will not abide disobedience forever, they’ve tried being gentle by commie standards, and eventually the decision will come down to send the army in.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think they want to false flag something but can't figure out how to get away with it in the digital age when everyone has a streaming camera on them.
View Quote
Yep.

It's crazy how cell phone cameras/social media have likely stopped a potential massacre at this point.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:15:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
That may stop video from getting out live but there’s no way to ensure that people don’t have cameras setup in windows....etc. If they start rolling in heavy, video will surface....it may take a couple extra days but it will get out.

We’re not talking about tribal goat fuckers here...these are electronically smart folks with plenty of resources for video...etc.

My guess is they’ll work more quietly in the background to avoid international eyes / pressure.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

There also appear to be semi-credible claims that the government has been using criminal gangs to attack protestors, and in at least one case, possible kill them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

There also appear to be semi-credible claims that the government has been using criminal gangs to attack protestors, and in at least one case, possible kill them.
Straight out of The Communist Manifesto.

The "dangerous class," the social scum, that passively rotting mass thrown off by the lowest layers of old society, may, here and there, be swept into the movement by a proletarian revolution; its conditions of life, however, prepare it far more for the part of a bribed tool of reactionary intrigue.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Slow bleed by eliminating leadership, punctuated by episodic violence to remind them not to go too far.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't know how it will end other than I predict HK-ers lose.  They either have a successful revolution or lose, that's where they are.

I also predict that the American voter is too stupid, too pacifistic, too stoned, too self-absorbed, etc. to care about HK, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, or any other place around the globe.  This voter base will elect candidates who cater to this lack of care.  Which Democrat candidate would do anything about Taiwan?  Some of them might blather out some wonkish answer but none of them have the fundament to take action.  Trump might follow through with a hard China split, but he would face tremendous self-interested ($$$) opposition.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
IMO, losing control of HK, and having it turn into a “second Taiwan” that breaks away from the mainland (and receives military aid from the West) is the worst nightmare for China.  They simply cannot allow that to happen.

If China sees any realistic possibility if that happening in HK, they will crack down HARD, and not give a shit about world opinion, IMO.
View Quote
And then what?
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#43]
They fired these into the crowds at Tiananmen square

Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#44]
When the Chinese government starts burning tires and oil to block ISR, it's about to go down.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#45]
I think the PRC is shit scared of Trump.  If they pull another Tiananmen Square, Trump could gut their nascent economy.  They don't want their baby middle class suddenly pissed off and wanting their WallyWorld back.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
IMO, losing control of HK, and having it turn into a “second Taiwan” that breaks away from the mainland (and receives military aid from the West) is the worst nightmare for China.  They simply cannot allow that to happen.

If China sees any realistic possibility if that happening in HK, they will crack down HARD, and not give a shit about world opinion, IMO.
View Quote
I doubt that the HKers will go there, necessarily.

The problem is what happens when ALL Five Poisons go high order at once?

I bet the Chinese have the ass manage four of the five, but none can be allowed to succeed.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't know, HK isn't Kashmir, it's a First World "nation" with a lot of tech, comms, and a really porous border.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I think the PRC is shit scared of Trump.  If they pull another Tiananmen Square, Trump could gut their nascent economy.  They don't want their baby middle class suddenly pissed off and wanting their WallyWorld back.
View Quote
What the Trump could do, likely by EO, would be just immediately deport every third Chinese educational visa holder once per year, and only give future ones at "random."

The Universities and colleges would scream, because they love those full price cash Chinese students, but TFB.

What the Chinese really fear are religious zealots and student protests. Student protests would happen if there are no jobs, or the ability to go overseas disappears.

Rheostating the Chinese to create tensions among Chinese students would be a great policy.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#49]
You'd think by now they would have Shanghaied some of the organisers up to Beijing for show trials where they tearfully confess their manipulation and backing by Western intelligence agencies.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top