User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you ever ask why?

I have.

The question is "why do strongly religious, anti abortion, pro gun, anti taxation, hard working people vote Democrat?"

The answer is because they treat us like people instead of animals or otherwise less than human.  Republicans don't.

People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen these "natural conservatives" among my inlaws. They vote for big government. The supposed social conservatism tends to get shoved aside.

Did you ever ask why?

I have.

The question is "why do strongly religious, anti abortion, pro gun, anti taxation, hard working people vote Democrat?"

The answer is because they treat us like people instead of animals or otherwise less than human.  Republicans don't.

People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I've asked them. Free shit is the answer. They'll vote for whoever is offering the free shit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If it wasn't the immigrants who came to this country and made it great through hard work social mobility over successive generations... your assertion is then that it was the Indians??
View Quote

What made it great was having functional "rule of law" (as opposed to "rule of man"). "Rule of law" is a cultural construct, in the case of the US it came from the English colonists.

The basic reason we have been a success is rooted in the fact we were an English settler society. Had the country been settled by the Spanish instead, we would simply be a northern hemisphere reflection of Argentina.

"Immigrant" is nearly meaningless as a term. Who the immigrant is is what matters. Jews fleeing Nazi Germany, Syrians fleeing Assad, Central American economic migrants, etc., are all different.

And this book:

https://www.sup.org/books/title/?id=35594

Provides a solid statistical argument that immigrants alter the societies they move to and make them more like where they came from.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What made it great was having functional "rule of law" (as opposed to "rule of man"). "Rule of law" is a cultural construct, in the case of the US it came from the English colonists.

The basic reason we have been a success is rooted in the fact we were an English settler society. Had the country been settled by the Spanish instead, we would simply be a northern hemisphere reflection of Argentina.

"Immigrant" is nearly meaningless as a term. Who the immigrant is is what matters. Jews fleeing Nazi Germany, Syrians fleeing Assad, Central American economic migrants, etc., are all different.
View Quote

Laws, yes- but gov is weak, and it was back then too. Forged docs were easy to cook up, and extremely common.

We were settled by all kinds back then too, even though we were an English colony.

Immigrant is what we all were at some time, if we look back on our ancestors (again... unless you are a Native American).

We need a new "Ellis Island" on the southern border, with greatly simplified and incentivized paths to doing it right, and enhanced consequences for doing it wrong.

In the absence of a system that works though? Folks will simply ignore. People are in control of their lives, not gov.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Laws, yes- but gov is weak, and it was back then too. Forged docs were easy to cook up, and extremely common.

View Quote

You don't seem to understand the concept of "rule of law". It is the opposite of "rule of man", which is what prevails in most of the world.

"Rule of law" means the government has to obey the law, i.e., "no taxation without representation". The whole basis of our revolution was that the government was in violation of the law. The federal government was very weak in the early republic, since its purpose was national defense. For most practical purposes your local and state governments were your government. Local government wasn't all that "weak", but you could move away from it if you wanted.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting thing is, I’ve now lived more of my working years outside of the US than in the US.

In each case, before being let into the country, I had to have 1) a job, 2) a physical demonstrating good health, 3) a criminal background/FBI background check, 4) a prepurchased return airfare ticket, and 5) evidence of financial independence.

I went to the country, I worked hard, I paid taxes, and was highly productive member of society.

The US seems to be the only country that does not care about these types of requirements.  They do if you come in legally, but not if you cross the southern border.  In these other countries, the borders were basically secure and illegal immigration not a big thing.  

The lesson here is that immigrants can be great (I have always been a net benefit to every country I have lived in), but immigration needs to be deliberate, and managed.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We were settled by all kinds back then too, even though we were an English colony.
View Quote

In our first census the white population was 80% English. We picked up many Irish and Germans after 1850, and then around 1900 Southern and Eastern Europeans.

My ancestors were a mix of English, German and Eastern European. No disrespect to my Eastern European ancestors, but their culture wouldn't have created the US.

Our country is basically England v2.0, and Anglo-Saxon rule of law is the key reason for our success.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Interesting thing is, I’ve now lived more of my working years outside of the US than in the US.

In each case, before being let into the country, I had to have 1) a job, 2) a physical demonstrating good health, 3) a criminal background/FBI background check, 4) a prepurchased return airfare ticket, and 5) evidence of financial independence.

I went to the country, I worked hard, I paid taxes, and was highly productive member of society.

The US seems to be the only country that does not care about these types of requirements.  They do if you come in legally, but not if you cross the southern border.  In these other countries, the borders were basically secure and illegal immigration not a big thing.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Almost like the government is up to something.

Quoted:
The lesson here is that immigrants can be great (I have always been a net benefit to every country I have lived in), but immigration needs to be deliberate, and managed.

You can make an excellent individual contribution, but there is also the question of what having a statistically significant number of people like you enter the country would mean. Gad Saad, who is a Jew who fled Lebanon, has some videos that address this issue specifically on Muslims. But there are more subtle impacts most people are not aware of, and which the official narratives on immigration ignore.

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:26:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Our country is basically England v2.0, and Anglo-Saxon rule of law is the key reason for our success.
View Quote

Washington would run you through with the bayonet if he heard you say that!
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#9]
And they throw mattresses and tires on the side of the road.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's true, though. We passed the UK as the top economy in the 1880s and yet sat back and let them be the top naval power until we bypassed them in the 1940s. We maintained the same sort of policies they did. The transfer of power between the UK and US is perhaps the most peaceful in history.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You can make an excellent individual contribution, but there is also the question of what having a statistically significant number of people like you enter the country would mean. Gad Saad, who is a Jew who fled Lebanon, has some videos that address this issue specifically on Muslims. But there are more subtle impacts most people are not aware of, and which the official narratives on immigration ignore.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You bring up an interesting point.  My belief is that if you import the best people from wherever they happen to be from, you will have the best country.

Every country will have a top 5% and a bottom 95%.  Comprise your country of the top 5% of every other country, provided you can entice them to immigrate.  And they will if it means getting the opportunity to live and work with the best and brightest from all over the world.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's true, though. We passed the UK as the top economy in the 1880s and yet sat back and let them be the top naval power until we bypassed them in the 1940s. We maintained the same sort of policies they did. The transfer of power between the UK and US is perhaps the most peaceful in history.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The immigrants who came to this country from Europe were coming from some of the most successful countries and cultures in the world.
Today's 3rd World immigrants are coming from the most unsuccessful countries and cultures in the world.
The two cannot be compared.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The immigrants who came to this country from Europe were coming from some of the most successful countries and cultures in the world.
Today's 3rd World immigrants are coming from the most unsuccessful countries and cultures in the world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is always about the individual.  The top 5% of Guatemalans are better than the bottom 5% of Americans.  America would be better if we did a straight one for one trade.

Now, are we getting the top 5%?  No, of course not.  But that is a policy issue.

Much like a company, the country that recruits and retains the best talent wins.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You bring up an interesting point.  My belief is that if you import the best people from wherever they happen to be from, you will have the best country.

Every country will have a top 5% and a bottom 95%.  Comprise your country of the top 5% of every other country, provided you can entice them to immigrate.  And they will if it means getting the opportunity to live and work with the best and brightest from all over the world.  
View Quote

As long as we’re dealing in pure fantasy, can we only allow 18 year old virgin unmarried females with a BMI less than 25 and an IQ over 120?
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Double tap
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

As long as we’re dealing in pure fantasy, can we only allow 18 year old virgin unmarried females with a BMI less than 25 and an IQ over 120?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s only pure fantasy in modern day America.  Other countries are more deliberate about immigration.  I’ve experienced it firsthand many times.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It is always about the individual.  The top 5% of Guatemalans are better than the bottom 5% of Americans.  America would be better if we did a straight one for one trade.

Now, are we getting the top 5%?  No, of course not.  But that is a policy issue.

Much like a company, the country that recruits and retains the best talent wins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is unequivocally incorrect.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Comprise your country of the top 5% of every other country, provided you can entice them to immigrate.
View Quote

LOL - no.

We should only allow in people who will work work in trades, service industry, driving, agriculture, etc.

We don't need any top 5% people from anywhere, and we also want to retain our top 25% from taking their talents elsewhere.

If one of the top 5% people from wherever wants to deliver my uberEats though, then giddy up.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Mariachi Mexican Music | Uplifting Background Music | Mexico Travel Video
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It’s only pure fantasy in modern day America.  Other countries are more deliberate about immigration.  I’ve experienced it firsthand many times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m living in modern America and not in another country.  What other countries do is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also overlooked is that through 1900 at the very least, large numbers of immigrants were actually settling new land, and building new cities.  Even those groups that stayed on the east coast were replacing earlier immigrants who were heading west.  But there's no frontier now, the current crop of immigrants are showing up with their hands out expecting massive welfare.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They are working and hustling…more than I can say for most Feral US urban dwellers.
View Quote

Word is bond
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Also overlooked is that through 1900 at the very least, large numbers of immigrants were actually settling new land, and building new cities.  Even those groups that stayed on the east coast were relaxing earlier immigrants who were heading west.  But there's no frontier now, the current crop of immigrants are showing up with their hands out expecting massive welfare.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also overlooked is that through 1900 at the very least, large numbers of immigrants were actually settling new land, and building new cities.  Even those groups that stayed on the east coast were relaxing earlier immigrants who were heading west.  But there's no frontier now, the current crop of immigrants are showing up with their hands out expecting massive welfare.  
As I said before, America back then was a completely different country.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, because the culture matters. We are, in a sense, greater than the sum of our parts. An example of a cultural trait that brings success is a high level of social trust. I think it's required for any true "rule of law" society. Diversity harms that social trust, simply because there is less trust across ethnic boundaries, and also because most cultures are low trust (hence importing another culture usually means importing low trust culture).

Incidentally, the book I linked several times in this thread uses the idea of importing Chinese to improve third world countries. The author notes that importing another culture always has a negative cost in causing tension, but argues if you import the right culture, the positives outweigh the negatives. That has to be weighed based upon the existing culture, the culture you are importing, and also the quantity. If you bring them in in small numbers and effectively assimilate, then you can manage the cultural issues.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

We were a seriously hard people back during the 1800s. Very significant changes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

We were a seriously hard people back during the 1800s. Very significant changes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just look at the job market back then. You didn't need an advanced degree to get a job you could raise a family on.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I lived in East Elmhurst for 4 years because of work.
I was the only token white man for 20 blocks and didn't have any issues because I respected them and theirs.

One thing I learned from the experience is that Central Americans with Dominicans,Cubans, and Puerto Ricans doesn't mix.

They are the most racist people I've ever met.
Yes,  this is AOCs people...
View Quote

Yep, saw that when I was assigned to the notorious "School of the Americas"...

I was wet behind the ears, growing up in a Central American shithole with only one nationality of people...

Surprised me to see the division amongst the Hispanic cultures, races and/or nationalities here in the US.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:38:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just look at the job market back then. You didn't need an advanced degree to get a job you could raise a family on.
View Quote

About 1930, but my grandfather had my dad dig a 45 foot well when he was 15 (blasting with dynamite), and that led to him have a well digging business when neighbors hired him to dig wells.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sanctuary County: Illegal Alien Accused of Raping Teen Girl, Woman on Hiking Trail
https://media.breitbart.com/media/2023/05/MCSO-1-640x480.png
An illegal alien is accused of raping a 15-year-old girl and a woman in two separate instances in the sanctuary county of Montgomery County, Maryland.

Jose Roberto Hernandez Espinal, a 20-year-old illegal alien from El Salvador, has been arrested and charged with first-degree rape, first-degree assault, second-degree assault, armed robbery, and kidnapping for allegedly raping a teenage girl and a woman at a hiking trail this month.

According to police, Espinal approached the woman, who was with her friend having lunch along the trail, and threatened them with a machete before demanding their cell phones. Espinal then allegedly took the woman, with the machete at her back, to a secluded area and raped her before stealing her jewelry as well.

RELATED: Illegal Immigrants BAIL When DPS Conducts Traffic Stop, Find 38 POUNDS of Meth:

The woman is now recovering at a local hospital.

In a separate incident days before, police allege that Espinal raped a 15-year-old girl along the same hiking trail. Further details about this incident are not available.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials confirmed to FOX5 DC that Espinal is an illegal alien in the United States who illegally crossed the southern border in May 2013 and has since not been deported.

Montgomery County has a long history of acting as a sanctuary jurisdiction that refuses to honor ICE requests to take custody of criminal illegal aliens. In 2021, county officials claimed that the area is not a sanctuary county.
View Quote

Ah, amateur shit...

I was listening to the radio today....

Some guy got hit by another guy. The guy who hit him, pulled a gun on the victim, demanding $300 to fix the damages on his car (although he caused the accident).

Oh, and the kicker? The gun guy pulled out his cellphone and was using Google to translate his demands from Spanish to English...

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 10:08:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

What about the top 5% who come to a country and immediately use their wealth and skills to advocate for
more of their countrymen to be able to immigrate?
Per country greencard caps are highly discriminatory towards Indians, so they gotta go!

https://iaimpact.org/issue/pathways-to-citizenship/

Look up #eagleact

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:28:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No, because the culture matters. We are, in a sense, greater than the sum of our parts. An example of a cultural trait that brings success is a high level of social trust. I think it's required for any true "rule of law" society. Diversity harms that social trust, simply because there is less trust across ethnic boundaries, and also because most cultures are low trust (hence importing another culture usually means importing low trust culture).

Incidentally, the book I linked several times in this thread uses the idea of importing Chinese to improve third world countries. The author notes that importing another culture always has a negative cost in causing tension, but argues if you import the right culture, the positives outweigh the negatives. That has to be weighed based upon the existing culture, the culture you are importing, and also the quantity. If you bring them in in small numbers and effectively assimilate, then you can manage the cultural issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Magic culture is akin to magic dirt.  There are many worthless people born into American culture and many talented people born into other cultures.

It is something anyone can observe for themselves.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#32]
this isnt anything new in NYC ... its not just illegals doing it either .
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:34:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They are working and hustling…more than I can say for most Feral US urban dwellers.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:35:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Sorry to ruin the pants-pissing-party for all the Fear junkies- but in the real world these are the people-in-your-neighborhood who do the work.

I spend a bit of time south of the border too- but I'm an American, and I love the United States of America.

View Quote

Well I've spent more time south of the us than I've spent in it in the last year and you're nothing short of a fucking useful diot. You're the german chick with the welcome migrants sign that 6 months later realized she's wrong & wants to move to poland after all her friends get raped.

I have to constantly be in these places because their corrupt culture can't be trusted with critical shit. Peroid.... it's just not how ther society works. They're ok with doing shit mediocre to get by this week even if it means twice the work later. They'll worry about that then.

Maybe when they join the modern world enough to demand drinkable water & sewage that doesn't just dump into a ditch next to the 50 million dollar facility....
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Maybe they’re Argentinian?
View Quote

Beautiful country. My grandfather retired there after the war.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Plus the underground economy it brings.

Uncle Sam ain't gonna like missing his cut.

Too bad Pedo Joe, you invited them and I need my driveway re-done.

Win / win.
View Quote

Here's to hoping you get the same motherfuker that just scammed the in laws on their.driveway.

Pedro & his crew did a bang up job. Shit it almost lasted 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  She’s hustling.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:22:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

LOL - no.

We should only allow in people who will work work in trades, service industry, driving, agriculture, etc.

We don't need any top 5% people from anywhere, and we also want to retain our top 25% from taking their talents elsewhere.

If one of the top 5% people from wherever wants to deliver my uberEats though, then giddy up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comprise your country of the top 5% of every other country, provided you can entice them to immigrate.

LOL - no.

I can smell the ivy league hubris from here. So there is no place in America for Americans that are not in the top 5%-25%?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:54:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Magic culture is akin to magic dirt.  There are many worthless people born into American culture and many talented people born into other cultures.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, culture is not the same as dirt.  If culture didn’t matter, then American blacks wouldn’t be in the situation they’re in, but it does matter, so they are.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:43:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No, culture is not the same as dirt.  If culture didn’t matter, then American blacks wouldn’t be in the situation they’re in, but it does matter, so they are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem here is assuming that one person is better than another solely by the virtue of the culture they are born into.  

The best person from an “inferior” culture is better than the worst person from a “superior” culture.  That is why we place so much emphasis and importance on the individual.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:51:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

With friends like these who needs enemies.

“We need the work ethic of third world pieces of shit”

“Only those illiterate sub 90 IQ immigrants can truly understand freedom.Real Americans don’t understand the way filthy immigrants do!”
View Quote

That's a bit presumptuous and harsh.

I have been doing a lot of business with Hispanics lately. They are all hardworking small businessmen, living the American dream. They are honest and timely. If they say they're going to do something, they usually do it. I came out of pocket last week to prepare a drive train for a client's build. My wife was concerned I was spending money without a deposit. I told her I trusted his word that I would have the vehicle and deposit on Monday.  I received both as promised.

I'm not saying we should have unfettered immigration, but the ones I interact with on a daily basis do alot more than some white collar job they lucked into during a booming economy. They work hard and provide for their families and don't let strife get in their way.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Not going to reply to all the gibberish I've read here so far.  

My background:
-- My mother is Latina.
-- Have spoken Spanish since I was
a toddler
--  Wife is South American and have spent years working in Latin America.  
--  The only place I speak English is at work.  

Having said that, the latest immigration wave is a complete disaster.  

These Venezuelans first tried settling in Latin America--the result has been historic spikes in crime rates. The Vennies even took over organized crime in Colombia, if you can believe that.  

Chile, Peru, Argentina, Ecuador, and Colombia have seen record increases in crime due to the "immigrants" that have made their unsafe/"shithole" countries even worse.  

They aren't looking for an opportunity to work hard and move up, like  Sicilian or Calabrian immigrants in 1902.  

The shitheads crossing the border now are hard-core Chavistas--they are the Spec Ops of the Free Shit Army.  

They want "gibs"--if you think they are going to dig ditches or pick strawberries for $5/hour you are delusional.  They won't.  

If you don't believe me, and trust your "I go to Colombia for business derp even though I don't speak Spanish and have no idea what's going on around me", I can post video after video, in Spanish, of these shitheads saying what they want.  Even videos of other Latinos telling them how wrong they are.  

So take your "Go back to OAN, meet real life Latinos, they're natural Republicans" bullshit and go away.  

I'm here, as a real-life Latino, descendant of legal immigrants, to tell you that you are full of shit.  

Take your experience of monthly business trips to Colombia, where you live in a protected bubble, and jam it up your ass.  

Everybody else:  keep Vennies and other illegals out.  You have no idea of their depravity and criminality; if you thought Mexicans were bad, these shitbirds are 100X worse.  Natural conservatives/family values my ass.

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:51:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Life in the United States will continue to get BETTER and BETTER.

I'll even say "Gracias" and leave a nice tip- not even at a Mexican restaurant.

Do you even know about Latinos?

They are, in large part, conservative, smart, hardworking, religious, and friendly- specifically the ones that make the trek.
View Quote

Lol I can't tell if you're trolling or not, so Bravo?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The problem here is assuming that one person is better than another solely by the virtue of the culture they are born into.  

The best person from an “inferior” culture is better than the worst person from a “superior” culture.  That is why we place so much emphasis and importance on the individual.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The law of averages applies.  Yes, there are statistical outliers.  That doesn’t change the fact that it’s a net loss for the country.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I can smell the ivy league hubris from here. So there is no place in America for Americans that are not in the top 5%-25%?
View Quote

We aren't talking about the top 5%-25%... we are talking about the bottom 5%-25%.

You don't staff your top jobs with imported labor- for many different reasons... not just wages.

Latin American labor is a great benefit to the US economy because it maintains a level of quality at the lower jobs while also keeping the wages for such jobs reasonable- many lower-job-employees that want healthcare and benefits and vacation are simply not being realistic or reasonable.  

We staff those jobs with Latin American labor and we get good services at good prices so that we can focus on upskilling and climbing the ladder of success.

Likewise they are climbing as well- and they're coming for you!

This is the American Way- every day we compete.

That's why we have social mobility that isn't possible anywhere else in the world, and that's why the hardest workers come here to make a better life than then can have at home.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I have been doing a lot of business with Hispanics lately. They are all hardworking small businessmen, living the American dream. They are honest and timely. If they say they're going to do something, they usually do it. I came out of pocket last week to prepare a drive train for a client's build. My wife was concerned I was spending money without a deposit. I told her I trusted his word that I would have the vehicle and deposit on Monday.  I received both as promised.
View Quote

Exactly.

Unsurprisingly, a lot of folks have been programmed by fake news to parrot the extreme of the extreme.

Others seem to know-all-about-it because they hired some completely random day laborers outside 7-Eleven to do some cheap work and it didn't turn out right (surprise, surprise), or they bought some tamales from the lady with the cooler and it made them sick.

In reality, these folks are busting their asses to get ahead, and we need to fix the system that allows them to work legally, and make it less favorable for them to work illegally. Without that, folks will all simply ignore.

Gov is weak, but people want to play by the rules if you can deliver a process and a system that functions and makes sense.

They need to use the carrot, not their short, twisted stick...
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:The problem here is assuming that one person is better than another solely by the virtue of the culture they are born into.  
View Quote
The law of averages applies.  Yes, there are statistical outliers.  That doesn’t change the fact that it’s a net loss for the country.
View Quote
The fact that people argue with this shows you how deeply rooted in emotion their arguments are.  
For one reason or another, reality makes them uncomfortable, so for them, it must be wrong.
Just look at the use of the words "better" and "inferior" in that post. They're there on purpose, to elicit a reaction.
Many Westerners bristle at the idea that some people are better or superior to others.
Using the phrase "more likely to be successful" would be far more accurate, and would sidestep the issues of race and ethnicity,
but wouldn't get the same response, so more evocative terms are used.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 8:44:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The American welfare bums are not going to like seeing this.

View Quote

If only theyd go to war with them...
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#49]
My patrol beat in the 90's was one of the largest concentrations of illegal mexican immigrants in Houston (lower 5 district, Spring Branch, for the locals here).  I used to love the ice cream with real fruit you could get from the pedicarts (prob pedo carts too) on a 95 degree, 90% humidity day when you were sweating it out in 90's body armor. Interestingly also the home of the mother chapter of The Bandidos.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My patrol beat in the 90's was one of the largest concentrations of illegal mexican immigrants in Houston (lower 5 district, Spring Branch, for the locals here).  I used to love the ice cream with real fruit you could get from the pedicarts (prob pedo carts too) on a 95 degree, 90% humidity day when you were sweating it out in 90's body armor. Interestingly also the home of the mother chapter of The Bandidos.
View Quote
My most enduring memory of the locals where I used to work was driving past a small nearby park early on a Saturday or Sunday morning in the summer.
The park would be packed with drunks, sleeping off the last night's festivities. Dozens. On the benches, in the grass. It looked like a mass casuality incident.
First time I saw it... the best way to describe it... imagine what the the train yard scene from the Telemundo remake of "Gone With The Wind" would look like.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top