Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I did a case study in college that went through how the further you get from the great depression the more the mentality switches from I get to work to I have to work. A good job used to be a privilege, now it's a burden.
View Quote

I've been working since I was a teenager, and I've never had a job that I felt grateful to have.  It's always just been something I had to suffer through to make money.  Employment sucks because you can't get rich being employed.  Your employer often will, though.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Both of my high school aged kids have expressed several of these items.  Especially my son who has lived the blatant racism and sexism his entire life.  He said he will never volunteer for the military because he no longer believes in this country.  Sad because he is very patriotic to the ideals of America, he just no longer believes those ideas are a part of the USA.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I talked to my brother about this a decade ago. As video games continue to get better and more immersive even larger numbers of people will flock to them in droves to escape the realities of real life. When VR is perfected it will become a crisis level societal issue.
View Quote

I think the elites want this.

They keep closing off more and more public lands and making access harder and harder.  

Funny how people who can't succeed in life can amass a huge fortune in a video game.  It's because there aren't all the regulatory hurdles we have in real life.

So people will chose the VR world where they can experience more freedom than they can in the real world.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#4]
We have a major problem with the 60K gross and under workers in America now.

They see some skank pumping out kids with her baby daddy, getting EBT, welfare, section 8, MC, etc. With a lifestyle and benefits of someone grossing 60K, but not having to work at all.

We import millions of illegal laborers with jo license, no insurance, pumping out Insta-citizen kids - working for cash- and getting benefits that should only be for citizens-depressing wages for citizens- but living better than citizens that get legally paid the exact same wage.

They see bullshit 100% PTSD or some crap “veterans” getting 30K of tax free VA benefits, the same full on base benefits as a true retiree, going to SSDI for another 30K, living better than them without working.

They see people that have trashed themselves medically or come up with some bullshit for SSDI and MC and live as well as them without working.

They got a five 8 hour  day a week Crap service industry job that gives them a half hour lunch break so they are not full time and don’t get benefits.

Or they crushed it with a hard STEM degree that would have paid a boomer or Gen-xer MORE than median household income to START-
And they paid multiple times that for that education, can’t afford the exact same house one of their predecessors bought when they graduated, are paying a fortune more for insurance,, start at less than median income, and have a fraction of the upward mobility and promotions available.

Some of them think F it-
I’m taking my ball and going home.

And the decline of social mores and pressures assists this.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They see some skank pumping out kids with her baby daddy, getting EBT, welfare, section 8, MC, etc. With a lifestyle and benefits of someone grossing 60K, but not having to work at all.

We import millions of illegal laborers with jo license, no insurance, pumping out Insta-citizen kids - working for cash- and getting benefits that should only be for citizens-depressing wages for citizens- but living better than citizens that get legally paid the exact same wage.

They see bullshit 100% PTSD or some crap “veterans” getting 30K of tax free VA benefits, the same full on base benefits as a true retiree, going to SSDI for another 30K, living better than them without working.

They see people that have trashed themselves medically or come up with some bullshit for SSDI and MC and live as well as them without working.

They got a five 8 hour  day a week Crap service industry job that gives them a half hour lunch break so they are not full time and don’t get benefits.

Or they crushed it with a hard STEM degree that would have paid a boomer or Gen-xer MORE than median household income to START-
And they paid multiple times that for that education, can’t afford the exact same house one of their predecessors bought when they graduated, are paying a fortune more for insurance,, start at less than median income, and have a fraction of the upward mobility and promotions available.

Some of them think F it-

View Quote

100% true.

I see it every, fucking, day.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Being a millennial and have recently served in the military, this list is pretty much spot on. As a white dude who gave a shit and cared, it became really depressing once a year at EVAL time when you're ranked amongst your peers. Guess the sailors and soldiers who were consistently ranked at the top? Not white dudes. Military leaders are scared shitless of being accused of not being diverse enough.
Getting out and looking at corporate America is the same fate.
Only option is to start your own shop in the trades. Which I did. Fuck going to work and always being second rate to tokenism.
Pretty good list. Though I think uber this, food delivery that and video games are all retarded as shit.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#7]
A lot of that list could be pulled straight out of threads here, so it will be well received.  But I don't for one second believe he took that list from talking to people in their early 20s.  They lead the cancel culture charge.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As a Millennial who said "fuck it" after a decade in an engineering career last year, I can relate to quite a few of the points on that list.

Vaccine mandates were the final straw, but the thought of spending the next few decades working for woke uber-political corporate culture that hated me just because I existed was something I was looking forward to either.
View Quote

After working for a corporate gig for the last 15 years, I can tell you I would quit this BS in a second if I could make the same money elsewhere. These jokers don't deserve people that actually care.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As a Millennial who said "fuck it" after a decade in an engineering career last year, I can relate to quite a few of the points on that list.

Vaccine mandates were the final straw, but the thought of spending the next few decades working for woke uber-political corporate culture that hated me just because I existed was something I was looking forward to either.
View Quote

@HiPower1935 What are you doing now if not engineering?

I have been in "engineering" for getting close to 20yrs now.  I got so tired of the bullshit in large corps that I walked and started my own consulting gig.  It is much better, but I currently make less money and work more.  Everything is a tradeoff I guess.

Edit to add:

I am an "old millennial" at the edge of the group.  I have literally had a job (at least one if not more) since the age of 11.  That includes college. Anytime I left a job it was on a friday and I started the next on monday.  Burned out, is an understatement.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

After working for a corporate gig for the last 15 years, I can tell you I would quit this BS in a second if I could make the same money elsewhere. These jokers don't deserve people that actually care.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The covid scam made a lot of people realize that they don't need the same money.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Reading the article reminds me of a couple of clinger children I know of.
Both are children of co-workers.

One is a 30yr old man child who refuses to leave home. Seems he has "anxiety" issues. He stresses out too much and can't hold a job or even function in the outside world. He's a fucking loser mooch is what he is. The real problem is his Momma just refuses to let him go. She fights like hell in his defense.
Of course the little fucker can come up with money to get tattoos and beer. He will not even mow the fucking yard.

The other one is a 27yr old gym beast. Roider. Big muscled up prick.
Still lives at home. Momma won't kick him loose.
Hell, he has a good thing going. She provides him a free place to live, does his laundry, cooks for him, provides an automobile, gives him money.
All the fuckhead does is work out at the gym and chase skirts. I asked him once about getting a job and he laughed at me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure they said that about juke boxes and sock-hops too.
View Quote
And the goddamn hippies! Why was it OK for boomers to drop out, do drugs for a decade and live in a van? But now it is moral panic and the sky is falling? Only thing different is cell phones and better hygiene.

ETA: and I guess the weed is better, and COD/PUBG instead of drum circles, thank god.

10-4 dinosaur.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#13]
We tell each other we need to make America great again, but then tell these kids that there's nothing wrong and they need to quit being such pussies.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I can’t.  I’m saving it for my kids.  I’m worried they won’t be able to make it with what they are facing.  If I can set them up debt free with neighboring homes they can at least look out for one another after I’m dead.
View Quote

This is why I work so hard. Generational wealth is a thing. My grandmother saved million to pass down to her children and my parents have put me ahead and my children will be out ahead. Work always sucks and a lot of it is siphoned off for the unproductive, but I am confident that I am comfortable and afford luxury many are stressed about. 34 and in a few years the last of my debts paid off including my home, my children are well cared for and have a fund to start life in. My father expressed intention to leave me a substantial sum of money, but I don’t count on it and even if I did inherit it, I will do my best to preserve it for my kids.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There is much on that list that I can't disagree with or at least understand the perspective.  
Too much of it is defeatist submission though.  I see this in a lot of the Gen-Z kids and I can't understand it.  I'm just not wired like that.
View Quote

The reason it sounds defeatist is because it is.  Try to change things for the better and they pull down the iron gates.  Those in charge are too afraid of change.

I myself am over the words "have to" "must" "cant".  And I hear those from the older generation.   "I CANTbecause the rule says not to".  "You Have To because they told you to"  "ItMUST be done this way because it is the way we do it"

The school wants to suspend my son for hitting a bully.  The harassment was witnessed by teachers.   All agree my son did what was necessary.   But school policy dictates that he MUST be disciplined since he hit the other kid.  And to top it off even though the teachers and administrators didn't solve the situation they refuse to afmit they failed.  My son solved it and they want to punish him.    Why would anyone want to join that organization?
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's depressing especially the one about the video games. I guess that's one way to keep people
from thinking too much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is very interesting. Even if you don't necessarily agree with the bullet points, this is the reality for many younger people.

The situation has changed greatly since I was young...

It's depressing especially the one about the video games. I guess that's one way to keep people
from thinking too much.

NFL MBA NASCAR ........
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
#28 made me laugh out loud.

After almost 35 years of being in the work 'force' I can understand most of these points, especially someone starting out in the last 5 to 10 years. It makes me wonder how much of this list would change if the parents were tougher though. They sound like wimps.
View Quote

I think we are here because the parents were too wimpy to stand up in the past against a one sided work force.  Too many bosses with the "your lucky I hired you" mentality.  And "I pay you xxxx amount so you have to put up with my shitty attitude and personal skills"
Look around.  Your lucky I showed up to work today
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I personally went to a company that paid me more, let me work from home, didn't have a no cell phone policy, didn't bitch when I clocked in at my actual scheduled time, more time off, doesn't give a shit what I do as long as my work gets done.

So basically contract work and shit for analysis and writing of papers.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Reading the article reminds me of a couple of clinger children I know of.
Both are children of co-workers.

One is a 30yr old man child who refuses to leave home. Seems he has "anxiety" issues. He stresses out too much and can't hold a job or even function in the outside world. He's a fucking loser mooch is what he is. The real problem is his Momma just refuses to let him go. She fights like hell in his defense.
Of course the little fucker can come up with money to get tattoos and beer. He will not even mow the fucking yard.

The other one is a 27yr old gym beast. Roider. Big muscled up prick.
Still lives at home. Momma won't kick him loose.
Hell, he has a good thing going. She provides him a free place to live, does his laundry, cooks for him, provides an automobile, gives him money.
All the fuckhead does is work out at the gym and chase skirts. I asked him once about getting a job and he laughed at me.
View Quote

Sounds like one of my liberal co-workers. He moved back with Mom over 28 years ago. She's still alive too.  But he took his two daughters and he's still funding their lifestyle.  Guy is walking around on a cane and needs hip surgery but "can't afford it" because of his daughters and grand baby's (yes plural) medical bills. He's footing it all.  But one daughter has full sleeve tats on both arms.  I know that shit ain't cheap.  

Hell, I think the whole brood lives with the Mom now, and to make matters worse, I understand the home is on the brink of being condemned due to lack of maintenance. Guy pulls down over $65K a year and is eligible for SS, but don't think he can draw it while he works.  He's a typical hoarder too.  It took him about 2 months to pack up his office the last time we moved.

He still owns every car he has ever owned, all parked out on some land "in the country" and he's "going to fix them all up one day."   Sad thing is, there is a '68 Chevelle SS 396 4 sp car in the "collection" that could help get the roof repaired. But he'd rather is sit and rot away than sell it to a restorer.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Some of them think F it-

View Quote

I'm sure there won't be any long-term societal issues arising from any of this. Certainly not anything we need to address to hopefully avoid a congress and oval office entirely filled with AOC analogs.

Nope. It'll work itself out. I got mine - am I right?
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#23]
“The workers” is such a commie term.

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It’s a wonder that more parents aren’t cashing out the house, buying a liveaboard boat/RV, and riding off into the sunset.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Number 37 spoke to me.  not because I agree.  But that feeling is a lot more prevalent than it seems. And I would say it's a large part of what started "ok boomer"

My eyes have been opened to the fact that there is more going on around us than is acknowledged. I don’t know exactly what it is, but enough evidence is there to conclude that we have been lied to significantly. I do not object to a new ontology – what I object to, is being lied to, and being led by liars.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I think we are here because the parents were too wimpy to stand up in the past against a one sided work force.  Too many bosses with the "your lucky I hired you" mentality.  And "I pay you xxxx amount so you have to put up with my shitty attitude and personal skills"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
#28 made me laugh out loud.

After almost 35 years of being in the work 'force' I can understand most of these points, especially someone starting out in the last 5 to 10 years. It makes me wonder how much of this list would change if the parents were tougher though. They sound like wimps.

You set the wrong tone. You should have put on a tie, gave him a firm handshake, and sat around his office changing your own oil over and over again until he hired you.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#27]
What’s going to be funny…no workers to fund SS…have fun boomer.

What’s scary but somewhat ironic…wait until boomers wealth is nationalized by this generation.  They did it overtly through entitlements that were indirect…I’m pretty sure this generation will just take it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If he can afford it and it makes him happy, why shouldn't he??

I think the biggest factor is that companies have completely destroyed that last sliver of loyalty (that was already hanging on by a thread) and now people don't have any real motivation to keep doing the rat race.

Everyone knows that wealth will never come from punching someone else's clock. The system is stacked against straight white men these days. If you have the means, why not say 'fuck it,' and enjoy life for 6 months.

You can always find another soul crushing job at a later date.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I can't figure out where all of the workers went. I've posted the question before, and no one seems to know.

I'm sure boomers retiring put a dent in it, but I work in tech and we have never had a significant number of boomers in that field. Yet the workforce shortage seems to be hitting us too. Where did everyone go??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, all that applies and and people think that, but there have always been people that thought like that. I wonder if the workforce (pool of available people to work) is actually shrinking in numbers; there is a reason the generation was called "boomer" and those people are retiring or already retired or dead.

I can't figure out where all of the workers went. I've posted the question before, and no one seems to know.

I'm sure boomers retiring put a dent in it, but I work in tech and we have never had a significant number of boomers in that field. Yet the workforce shortage seems to be hitting us too. Where did everyone go??

A lot of people left the work force for self-employment, remote work (lots of customer service work from home on a computer), or gig economy.

Not as many young people as there were boomers and a lot of people in poor physical or mental health that can't work.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#30]
OP, thanks for using the actual title of the piece.  This allowed the search function to work saved me from a beating by the DUPE police

I think the kid raises some valid points, particularly about the concurrent agendas and regimes we're living under.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Who is John Galt?
View Quote

John Galt sat at home collecting unemployment,grew weed and created an  Only Fans account?

I missed that part of the book.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Some of it makes sense, some of it is being a bitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is very interesting. Even if you don't necessarily agree with the bullet points, this is the reality for many younger people.

The situation has changed greatly since I was young...

Some of it makes sense, some of it is being a bitch.

My assessment of it as well.

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#33]
As someone in this age group and in a similar situation (though I am currently working 2 jobs), I view most of that list as applying to me either now or recently.

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wow. Very interesting.
View Quote

Yes, it is.  I'm an old Xer and I can see where they are coming from.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I've been working since I was a teenager, and I've never had a job that I felt grateful to have.  It's always just been something I had to suffer through to make money.  Employment sucks because you can't get rich being employed.  Your employer often will, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did a case study in college that went through how the further you get from the great depression the more the mentality switches from I get to work to I have to work. A good job used to be a privilege, now it's a burden.

It used to be a privilege because the alternative was starving in a ditch. Now it's a burden because the alternative is getting fat on the couch.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

A lot of people left the work force for self-employment, remote work (lots of customer service work from home on a computer), or gig economy.

Not as many young people as there were boomers and a lot of people in poor physical or mental health that can't work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, all that applies and and people think that, but there have always been people that thought like that. I wonder if the workforce (pool of available people to work) is actually shrinking in numbers; there is a reason the generation was called "boomer" and those people are retiring or already retired or dead.

I don't see how the first paragraph would lower workforce participation
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
OP, thanks for using the actual title of the piece.  This allowed the search function to work saved me from a beating by the DUPE police

I think the kid raises some valid points, particularly about the concurrent agendas and regimes we're living under.
View Quote

Dupe Polizi > FBI
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Self-employed are included in workforce statistics but they are not applying for jobs.  According to official statistics the workforce participation rate is only down 1-2 percent from pre-covid levels.  In general conversation "work force"  is a group of people that can work and are willing to fill open employment positions.  Self-employed people are counted in the statistics definition but are not really part of the common definition.  They have left the employee market and rarely go back.

The question is where have the workers gone or why don't people want to work for X company.  These people don't want to work for them, they want to set their own terms and work for themselves.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It used to be a privilege because the alternative was starving in a ditch. Now it's a burden because the alternative is getting fat on the couch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So exactly why would we want to go backwards?   We have advanced.  Do we really believe our ancestors would be pissed that we drive everywhere instead of walk?
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So exactly why would we want to go backwards?   We have advanced.  Do we really believe our ancestors would be pissed that we drive everywhere instead of walk?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, we see it here every day. Unless you grow up exactly how I did, you are not as good.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yes, we see it here every day. Unless you grow up exactly how I did, you are not as good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahaha, so much truth.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have been in "engineering" for getting close to 20yrs now.  I got so tired of the bullshit in large corps that I walked and started my own consulting gig.  It is much better, but I currently make less money and work more.  Everything is a tradeoff I guess.

Edit to add:

I am an "old millennial" at the edge of the group.  I have literally had a job (at least one if not more) since the age of 11.  That includes college. Anytime I left a job it was on a friday and I started the next on monday.  Burned out, is an understatement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit to add:

I was a marine engineer, now I’m a part time, flexible hours marine mechanic. No, I’m not grossing the same pay I was before, but I wouldn’t go back.

I was in the same place as you; started working at 13, I’m 32 now and I think I’ve gone on a total of one vacation in that time. Now… last week I worked almost full time so I’d have money to blow on a few cases of ammo, today I’m gonna skip out of work a couple hours early to go shoot. Probably do it again tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

My last two years before I bailed were working for the state .gov here. It was like corporate culture, but with way more politics.

You’re right, they don’t deserve anyone who actually gives a shit. You’re just an employee ID number filling a position to them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Corollary story, single men are content studies have found making 1/10th the income of men with a wife and 2 kids or more.

We know most men are not willing to get married now and have children, so there is really no driver to work as they can still be happy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
guy I work with is in his mid 40's and decided hes going to quit. put in his notice last month and his last day is this friday.

sold his house a couple months ago and is going to live with his parents.

I asked him what he was gonna do and he just said hang out for a few months and look for work sometime in the summer so he can just do nothing/whatever he wants for a while and go camping.

we all think he is making a pretty big mistake.
our job is in a technical field, he has no degree even though the position requires it and makes a hell of a salary doing it. Boss is awesome and really lenient with work schedules. does not care when you come, leave, or work on things as long as you make progress on what you are doing.

no way he is going to find another job that pays that well with no degree and has the same work environment.
View Quote

Let me fill you in on a little secret: your boss will happily hire him back when he decides he'd like to come back.  If he ever does.  More power to him.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The number this go 'round is the point.

I expect the answer is simpler.  The pay for laying about is pretty good now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Started reading as I thought would be an interesting take.

Barely finished as it read like "Arfcommer/Redditor's diary" or let's make excuses to be losers.

I know a fair number of IRL people in their early/mid 20's (nieces, nephews, their SOs and friends) - and probably 80-90% of them are highly motivated and not full of the shitty excuses listed in the article.

The other 10-20% do fall into one or more of the traps listed. But every generation has had its share of layabouts and excuse-makers.
The number this go 'round is the point.

I expect the answer is simpler.  The pay for laying about is pretty good now.

But where has that changed? Additional unemployment ended long ago in most states.

If this many people have decided to stop working, and live off of unemployment, why hasn't the real estate market crashed? It was common knowledge that most Americans did not have a savings account beyond a month or two.

Do you think that this many people were living so far below their means, that they can easily afford their same home off of unemployment checks?
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a basic psychology that all generations fall into.   I catch myself doing it all the time.  

A few years ago I bought a new truck.  Of course it was "not as good as they used to make them back in ".   Then I looked at all the bells and whistles, the buttons, and thought "What would 10 yo me think of this".  Suddenly new and improved was a cool thing.

"I wish a buck was still silver
And a joint was a bad place to be.
Back before Nixon lied to us all on TV
Before the Beatles and Yesterday
When a man could still work and still wood"

That lamnet was written about 1981 I think.  Every generation thinks it of the next.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#49]
That list, Luke most of what I read online doesn't reflect the reality that I live in.

Boomers are retiring at a record pace, causing a workers shortage.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Both of my high school aged kids have expressed several of these items.  Especially my son who has lived the blatant racism and sexism his entire life.  He said he will never volunteer for the military because he no longer believes in this country.  Sad because he is very patriotic to the ideals of America, he just no longer believes those ideas are a part of the USA.
View Quote

I'm the same way. I'm a boomer that grew up on patriotism and The Pledge of Allegiance every morning in school, but this is no longer that country.  I wouldn't fight for the country this one has become now, either.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top