Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We have had a few people speak up about the boreboel and no one disputed that. So I’m guessing them too.
View Quote
Boerboels do not kill leopards. They are property guardians. They aren't even considered in the upper crust of fighting dogs.

Anyone here is welcome to prove me otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Seemed like a serious post to me!
View Quote
Guys says his dog can take pits out.
I say I hope you never find out.
Other guy comes in to mock what I say suggesting his dog could take out pits.

So much stupidity.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think my blue heeler would give it a fair fight. He is super fast and tough. I mean he takes on steer sooooo
View Quote
Here is a difference between a bay dog and a catch dog...hopefully you can see the difference between different types of dogs.

Dogo Argentino cazando Puma

Dogo don’t give a fuck, neither do true game bred pits.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
To remain in COC, I wont post any dogfights.

There are videos all over the web if you know where to look where pitbulls absolutely destroy all the other breeds listed in this thread and regularly. Lots of ignorance on pit bulls ITT.

Caucasian Ovcharkas seem to be the only formidable foe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This dog is basically considered the greatest fighting pit bull of all time, Grand Champion Zebo

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/pictures/7.jpg

He was fought at roughly 43 pounds.  I'm only up to page 2, but most of the stuff posted is ridiculous.  Airedales in open, Bull Terriers, Kangals, Akita's, Tosa's, Rottweilers, blah, the Pit Bull would routinely kill all them giving up anywhere from 20-80 pounds of uphill weight difference.  The only dog I know that routinely can kill Pit Bulls with minimal damage in return is the Caucasian Shepherd.  The Russian version of youtube has a lot of pit bull fights (and a crap ton of virus').  There's even some videos of Pit Bulls shredding wolverines in a minute.

I'm against dog fighting, always have been, but I have had pit bulls since 1981 until 2012, which was the last one I will ever own, but the pit bull was bred not to quit.  Lots of owners think their big dog is killing a pit bull, but some pit bull battles went over 2 hours.  Dogs could lose, but if they were quit, they were culled, the quit was literally bred out of the damned things.  Then Flashdance came out anad suddenly every hood rat wanted one but they wanted them bigger and meaner looking so they bred Mastiff type breeds into them, which are protection dogs, so now you have a none social protection dog that has no quit, a bad combo, hence the current problem.   A true APBT is a problem for an animal with 4 legs, they were never known to be manbiters.  Half that reason is because pit men would kill a man biter since they wouldn't be able to handle it in the pit, not because they were saints.  The one I posted bit a few people, but it was an excite biter more than anything and fought so good they put up with it.

You guys hate  pit bulls so much, and I get it, but with so much hate, you should actually read about them, their history, what the hell happened with the breed, and what the current problem really is.  Not everyone should own one, it took 3 months in 1981 to find my first one, they were rare dogs, now they're everywhere and soccer mom's keep rescuing them to prove "it's not the dog, it's the owner" which is one of the dumbest statements ever.  We breed traits into dogs, you better believe it's the dog, pit bulls have 300 plus years of breeding to do nothing but fight and not quit, those genes are deep in the breed, even with these modern mutants.
To remain in COC, I wont post any dogfights.

There are videos all over the web if you know where to look where pitbulls absolutely destroy all the other breeds listed in this thread and regularly. Lots of ignorance on pit bulls ITT.

Caucasian Ovcharkas seem to be the only formidable foe.
Except you’re wrong and  there are quite a few videos of pit bulls being killed by other breeds.

Some dogs have it, some dogs don’t.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You are more rabid about the dogo then the pit owners are. But muh dogo. I have had dogos. You are full of it. They aren't death dealing fighters. They are great catch and guardian dogs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats the Dogo Argentino you described just there, not the APBT. One of the advantages of the Dogo is that its a much recent,  purer breed, and the best kennels around still value performance for working and hunting over looks.

Over the years many breeds that have been created with a specific task in mind have been contaminated by people mixing them up with god knows what, mixing them for looks and show rather than performance.
Since dog fighting is pretty much illegal everywhere and has been for many years, you have everything from trailer trash, to soccer moms breeding APBT anyway they see fit, completely trashing your theory of genetic superiority. Strong muscular terrier with a strong drive?  for sure, but nothing specifically bred for performance, not in a very long time.

I've seen pit bulls scare away with a kick in the ass. Hell, even GSD, most dogs do that. Never saw that in a Dogo. There's videos out there of Dogos getting their bellies cut by hogs and pumas, the owner cleaning the guts, pushing them back in and stitching the animal shut. With Pit Bulls you dont have that consistency in the breed. But then again its an animal intended for something else, not pit fighting. But can it take a Pit Bull? (that was the question after all ) Sure as hell can, it has killed Pit Bulls, pumas, wild boars, bulls and if I remember correctly from some crazy ass Russians bears as well. For a homestead, thats without a doubt my ideal dog.
You are more rabid about the dogo then the pit owners are. But muh dogo. I have had dogos. You are full of it. They aren't death dealing fighters. They are great catch and guardian dogs.
Not a call out, but I’ve asked you very pointed questions about the dogos you allegedly owned before and all I got was crickets.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Accept you’re wrong and  there are quite a few videos of pit bulls being killed by other breeds.

View Quote
Which breeds? Quite a few?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Accept you’re wrong and  there are quite a few videos of pit bulls being killed by other breeds.

Link Posted: 11/2/2018 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Brittany
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By @itstock :

Not a call out, but I’ve asked you very pointed questions about the dogos you allegedly owned before and all I got was crickets.
View Quote
What do you want to know?

Smartest dogs I ever owned. Potty trained one in week(at 9 weeks) Very protective. Didn't think they actually barked until they were about 6 months old. Very clean. Not destructive. Lots of emotion in their face. Hair sticks in everything like little needles. Allergic to a few things. Backs up into me when they think a threat is near. Natural swimmers, dove into the pool without question. Naturally never begged for food and would only eat their food(Orijen) which is strange because when I try to give them a treat they looked at it like wtf is that.

Natural catchers. Very solid hunters. Let go when I ask them to(not a fighting trait). I wouldn't trust them around newborns are crawling kids as their prey drive was through the roof. They prefer the warmth, didn't like the cold but would tolerate it. Nails grow faster than any dog I ever had. Would not eat their own shit or others.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Boerboels do not kill leopards. They are property guardians. They aren't even considered in the upper crust of fighting dogs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have had a few people speak up about the boreboel and no one disputed that. So I’m guessing them too.

I don’t think I said they kill leopards? What are you talking about.

They would smoke a pit that’s for sure.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I vote that Spike, the Bull Terrier, is the cutest dog in this thread.

Lucky I was not present when the photo was taken. I'd be lying there on the other side of Spike encouraging him to lick my face.  Then, I'd tell that kid that there is ice cream in the house, so Spike would stay and play with just me.

No offense intended toward the other dogs pictured.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Another poster on page 8 said this.( A boerboel dog killed a leopard)

What makes you think a boerboel would smoke a pit?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Another poster on page 8 said this.

What makes you think it would smoke a pit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another poster on page 8 said this.

What makes you think it would smoke a pit?
You don't think 150-200 lbs of flying hate couldn't take out a pitbull?

That last one attacks the croc FROM UNDER THE WATER.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Jaw530_e3Jo/maxresdefault.jpg

http://seancrane.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/leopard_gazelle_kill_1.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Hp7Wl3-1TBE/maxresdefault.jpg

View Quote
LOL a leopard would destroy any dog.

My comment was to be read as a poster on page 8 said a boerboel killed a leopard. And what makes him think a boerboel could smoke a pit?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My comment was to be read as a poster on page 8 said a boerboel killed a leopard. And what makes him think a boerboel could smoke a pit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Jaw530_e3Jo/maxresdefault.jpg

http://seancrane.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/leopard_gazelle_kill_1.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Hp7Wl3-1TBE/maxresdefault.jpg

Roger that.

Yeah.

Shit, I'd say bobcat and pitbull would be a toss up. You get in the 100+lb range with a cat and it's gonna take on anything.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So much stupidity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So much stupidity.
I’m not claiming my dog can take out or even take on a pit.  He’s a 14 year old GSP, some mornings he can’t even take on getting up onto the couch.

I am, however, mocking your assertion that pit bulls are alien hybrid killing machines that could fuck up and disable an Abrams tank.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I’m not claiming my dog can take out or even take on a pit.  He’s a 14 year old GSP, some mornings he can’t even take on getting up onto the couch.

I am, however, mocking your assertion that pit bulls are alien hybrid killing machines that could fuck up and disable an Abrams tank.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So much stupidity.

love it
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Except you’re wrong and  there are quite a few videos of pit bulls being killed by other breeds.

View Quote
I think this is an important aspect most people are missing.

We can generalize which breed will win a majority of the time but in reality it comes down to a specific dog that will be fighting, and just like humans they have good & bad days and some dogs are just better than others.

Some of the breeds listed have better odds than most other breeds but it would be crazy to say any breed will win 100% of the time.

Also, all you "my dog kicked 87 pits asses at the dog park" people are exactly the type of person you think pitbull owners are. Not to mention you're likely wrong, if not just plain lying out your ass.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am not saying they are alien hybrid killing machines.

I am saying they are the most effective fighting dog on the planet. They are well known and have a reputation for a reason. It's stupid to think otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I think this is an important aspect most people are missing.

We can generalize which breed will win a majority of the time but in reality it comes down to a specific dog that will be fighting, and just like humans they have good & bad days and some dogs are just better than others.

Some of the breeds listed have better odds than most other breeds but it would be crazy to say any breed will win 100% of the time.

Also, all you "my dog kicked 87 pits asses at the dog park" people are exactly the type of person you think pitbull owners are. Not to mention you're likely wrong, if not just plain lying out your ass.
View Quote
100%

Odds are on pit bull winning. Not saying other don't win. It happens but it's more rare and not the norm.

Most dogfights are going to be who's line is better, who's doing better conditioning, who's is promoting prey/game drive, etc. This is with pit bulls. You don't see this much outside of pits except in Tosas and Canary dogs.

A random psycho kangal that will deliver the fight will not be a working dog in the LSG realm, he will spend his life chained up until it's fight time. Outside of fighting he would be useless to the job he was intended for.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I reay have no idea but a guy I know has a Irish wolfhound that has killed or fucked just about every animal in TN. About the scariest dog I've ever seen. Im pretty sure against a common trailer park pit it wouldn't even be close.
But it's no trained fighter. I mean can a navy seal kick a national gaurdsmans ass? Probably, but how much of that is training?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I reay have no idea but a guy I know has a Irish wolfhound that has killed or fucked just about every animal in TN. About the scariest dog I've ever seen. Im pretty sure against a common trailer park pit it wouldn't even be close.
But it's no trained fighter. I mean can a navy seal kick a national gaurdsmans ass? Probably, but how much of that is training?
View Quote
Just make the seal break a sweat, then the hair gel will get in their eyes and you have the advantage
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just make the seal break a sweat, then the hair gel will get in their eyes and you have the advantage
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Incorrectly bred dogs cannot be used as examples when comparing breed traits that are "supposed" to be present.

If the question was "Which is better as a Police Patrol dog- Border Collie or German Shepherd Dog?"; we cannot include all the "Pet" or "Show" GSD's in the conversation, nor can we include the oddball or mixed breed 'Border Collies'.

With rare exceptions, nobody's BYB pet German Shepherd Dog has the temperament for Police Patrol work. There are likely some incorrect tempered Border Collies that are more suited for Police work than a Pet GSD. Neither one of those type dogs should be part of a conversation discussing what breed is better at Police Patrol work.

For the conversation have any meaning we need to only consider Border Collies bred with the correct temperament for Border Collies and GSD's with the correct temperament for GSD's. AND, not just the minimally acceptable temperament, but the dogs considered should be the ones held to the upper levels of standard.

Randomly bred PitBulls, or those bred to be "pets" or any others bred for any reason besides fighting genetics may still eat kids or get into dog fights, but they are not "correct" or "real" fighting dogs.

If Dog Fighting is the topic of conversation, then only correctly bred PitBulls should be held up as the standard. No different than if hunting dogs were being discussed; in which case only correctly bred Labs should be used as comparisons to other hunting breeds.
View Quote
Correct. I had a family pet GSD from birth until I was 12. When Angel died, we asked my uncle for a deal on a replacement. He bred working GSDs at Live Oaks Kennels that specialized in bomb detection, police, and search & rescue dogs. He offered us a female that came from a bomb dam and a police sire. Because she didn't show the proper temperament they were re-homing her. Even though her "drive" was less than ideal, she was the gamiest dog I've ever owned (including chihuahua's and pitbulls). Needless to say she was a lot for a 90lb 13 yo to handle.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think that Catahoula Leopard dogs would do pretty well. I had several and they weren't aggressive. But... the downside was that if a dog would instigate something with them there wasn't an off button.

I lived in a rural area and my neighbor said when he was a kid they had a Catahoula yard dog that just showed up. He said the neighbor pulled up with his prize fighting pit bull in the back. He said the pit bull bailed out of the truck and went after his Catahoula. He said the guy wasn't worried and thought it was a bit funny. He said shortly thereafter the pit bull was dead. The guy with the truck was pissed because he thought it would turn out different.

Catahoula's are tough as it gets.
View Quote
This, had catahoula leopard hunting dog. He killed a mean ass German Shepard and a number of wild hogs.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Shar Pei
View Quote
I have a Shar Pei/GSD mix — absolutely worthless...

Smart, stubborn, lazy guard dog that barks all the time and doesn't listen.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
My pure bred Alabama National guardsman was at the vets play park last week, and took on 2 SEALs and a half Recon half Ranger mix, and fucked them all up..
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote
Used this this week myself
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
FPNI, bigtime.

My SIL had a Dogo, sweetest temperment, super chill. But if you appeared to be threatening to my SIL, wow, holy moly, took up a guard pose, and no freaking way you were getting near her alive.

He looked very APBT like, except on steroids. Much, much thicker, taller, bigger head, as if that is even possible.
Pure white, beautiful, immensely strong.
He could bite through one of those mega size Kongs in one munch.
View Quote
The Argentine Dogo was bred to hunt with a pack of other dogs. They are not designed to be dog aggressive. If they were, then they would be terrible at what they were bred to do.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#31]
One of my sisters,has a Great Pyraneese.   Very smart pupper that keeps an eye on their place.   Great guard dog that is always ready to fo, yet always cool and calm.'.

She is 3 now and I have wrestled with her since she weighed about 10 pounds.   She's like trying to take down a redwood tree.   I love that dog.

Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Quoted:

My pure bred Alabama National guardsman was at the vets play park last week, and took on 2 SEALs and a half Recon half Ranger mix, and fucked them all up..
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#33]
No way any dog is taking down a full grown male leopard one on one.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
10 angry chihuahuas.
View Quote
...with razors.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#35]
You can't really generalize because each and every dog is different.

I had a "pit bull" type mutt I found on the side of a freeway that was very strong, like he would ram tables with his head and break the legs off strong, but he was an absolute pussy with zero aggression when it came to other dogs and considered my ex-wife's Chiweener dog, as well as the household cat to be in charge of him.

I also owned a 120 lb super expensive pure bred German Shepherd that was cut from police dog training by a County Sheriff's department because he was too fixated on flashlight beams to conduct police dog tasks(I got him for $500 with the lineage paperwork ). He was an outstanding dog and absolutely great with other people and dogs, and only protective when it was warranted.

He got attacked, like no shit, going for the throat to murder you attacked, by a large, hyper aggressive pit bull like the type that makes the news while we were out in public and he fucked that dog up in a flash losing only some fur. I'm surprised he didn't kill it, it was dragging iteself away on useless hind legs at the end of the encounter. Unfortunately that event soured him on other male dogs and made him aggressive towards them and I had to stop letting him out in public unless we were out in the boonies. He was a well bred dog with good training but if he were human aggressive he would have been an incredibly dangerous animal, which is why culling large dogs that display such behavior without being instructed to is so important.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Akita. They are bred to fight bears and often do and win!
View Quote
My neighbor had 2 purebred Akita’s who escaped his fenced yard and attacked our rescue Golden Retriever- she tore the nose half off one, and the ear off the other before my neighbor and his wife intervened and got their dogs home
My wife witnessed the attack, I was at work, when I got home the neighbor was pissed and wanted me to pay for his vet bills

I had a good laugh and told him to keep his dogs home , or the next time Brittany wouldn’t be so gentle with his purebreds

He was never very friendly after that
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#37]
A true gamebred pb will drag himself towards the other dog, no matter how many broken legs and fatal wounds, probably smiling. If they show fear that whole bloodline is culled.

For the folks naming big dogs. Don't forget the dogs like hulk from dark dynasty kennels or whatever there called. I don't classify them as pits  myself. But since every dog that bites is considered a PB by society. I guess it is. How do you think the dogo and other big dogs would fare against them type pits?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Is this thread like  "My dad can beat up your dad" except with dogs?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Is this thread like  "My dad can beat up your dad" except with dogs?
View Quote
It's more like my " muh dog killed so many dogs"
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#40]
This place would be alot better if folks actually read the threads before they posted. And then had an original thought. It's kinda funny the first time, but when the same post is posted multiple times in the same thread it's kinda sad.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#41]
This. Had one for 11 years. She was the kindest, sweetest, mildest 100lbs of bed hogging, counter surfing, SBD dropping fur you've ever seen. Unless another dog tried to mount her. Then it went from timid, tail tucked sissy to "SWEET JESUS MAKE HER STOP!" and then back to everybody's favourite hound. First time it happened she grabbed a 150lb husky by the neck and you heard the thud when it hit the ground. She immediately let go and sidled up to me and looked up like "Was that wrong?"

Another time was at a dog park and she was hanging out about 20-25 yards away just chilling. A guy had a one year old GSD that he claimed was in "Schutzen" training. Said the dog was friendly though and liked to "chase". I asked if I could get the dog to chase me, thinking my Ridgeback would then chase the dog and they'd have great fun together. I got about 30 feet with this dog on my tail and heard her coming full speed. Cut that GSD off with the canine equivalent of "FUCK OFF" and when I turned around she was square in between me and the GSD in full posture. GSD cowered back and owner was NOT happy.

Last time was a couple of pits. I don't know what happened, I thought everyone was wresting fine and then incredible violence as she went after one chasing it one way, then the other the other way and back to the first and you could hear her snapping right next to it's face. Then, just like that. Off. And she came loping back like "What?" I apologized to the owner and he said "No need to apologize. It's obvious your dog had no intention of hurting mine. If she did, mine would be dead."

Say what you want about "But pits were BRED to fight dogs in a ring." yeah. If you want to claim that lineage, there's something to be said for "Go after that lion in the open prairie. " and the dog saying "On it!" And as for "Pits don't get gassed." I can tell you that in a two acre fenced in dog park, any time she played with a pit and they chased each other around, it was always the pit that ended up on the ground gasping for air in the shade first. Always.

I miss that ol' girl. Somewhere in Heaven there's a duck being chased by a Ridgeback that's just laughing her head off. She loved to chase ducks. Never tried to catch them, just chase them. Oh, and Jack Russells. She LOVED to chase Jack Russells. Old people at the park would FREAK OUT. But you could tell it was all in fun. No barking, just "Nope. You can't get back to your owner."

Current dog is a rescue with a bit of Ridgeback in there somewhere. Definitely an unnatural hatred of cats.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote
Came to post this.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#43]
I had an APBT.  Sweet as could be to those in her circle.  That dog could climb trees.  Had to put her down because she kept killing everything she saw.  When she attacked our other little dog I could barely pull her off.  She is buried under the apple tree by my driveway.  Not a family pet.  We adopted her as a "boxer mix" from the pound.  I have no doubt she was expertly bred for fighting.  That dog did not feel pain.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I had an APBT.  Sweet as could be to those in her circle.  That dog could climb trees.  Had to put her down because she kept killing everything she saw.  When she attacked our other little dog I could barely pull her off.  She is buried under the apple tree by my driveway.  Not a family pet.  We adopted her as a "boxer mix" from the pound.  I have no doubt she was expertly bred for fighting.  That dog did not feel pain.
View Quote
There was a story on the news years ago with video of this pit attacking another persons dog. They were hitting the pit in the head with a cast iron frying pan as hard as they could repeatedly and it wouldn't let go.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
There was a story on the news years ago with video of this pit attacking another persons dog. They were hitting the pit in the head with a cast iron frying pan as hard as they could repeatedly and it wouldn't let go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I seen one like that, person was beating the pit with a 2x4, damn dog wasn't phased.

Not too long ago there was a vid posted of a pit that got a hold of a donkey. Donkey had enough and pretty much killed the dog.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
We had a russian wolfhound and he was huge (about 165lb) but he was also fast because of very long legs.  Very protective of our family and his territory too.  We had neighbors that bred dobermans and one day 5 of them came into our yard and it was game on.  We had a big yard (about 7 acres) and what I saw him do amazed me. As soon as Boris spotted them he ran at them full tilt and just bowled them over one by one.  They didn't know what hit them.  He had them so bamboozled and confused and try is they might they couldn't catch him and so he'd run off a ways then turn around and come flying back and run them over again and again.  Not one of them ever got even a bite on him and he didn't have to bite back.   They finally gave up and just went back home.

He didn't have the jaw strength of a pit (or probably even a doberman) but he knew how to use his size and speed to his advantage.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I seen one like that, person was beating the pit with a 2x4, damn dog wasn't phased.

Not too long ago there was a vid posted of a pit that got a hold of a donkey. Donkey had enough and pretty much killed the dog.
View Quote
Donkeys are crazy sumbitches
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#48]
A load of buckshot if he comes in this yard.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yup that's exactly their strong suit, stamina and drive.
View Quote
And stupidity .
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Roger that.

Yeah.

Shit, I'd say bobcat and pitbull would be a toss up. You get in the 100+lb range with a cat and it's gonna take on anything.
View Quote
Bobcat lose in quick fashion,  these contests were popular up until the 70's. Usually lasted less than a minute via the pit bull shaking the hold.  Bobcats are built to be light,  quick,  and nimble,  they are not dense animals like dogs or big cats.

Back in the day they would put 6 pitbulls on a lion,  3 at a time,  the lion won 99% of the time,  I have only read about one lion actually losing and it was old and basically domesticated.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top