User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:44:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If it is illegal in your state to carry while you have alcohol in your system and you do it anyway, that is not being responsible. In Utah the limit is the same as if you're driving.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. I'm not obeying a stupid ass law. I don't get shit housed while carrying a gun, but I'm not disarming over a couple beers at dinner. If you can't handle a couple beers and still be responsible then you can't be responsible without the beer either.

If it is illegal in your state to carry while you have alcohol in your system and you do it anyway, that is not being responsible. In Utah the limit is the same as if you're driving.

I used to leave my gun in my truck when I went out and had a drink with my friends until I got robbed after leaving a bar. I'm not obeying any law that puts my life at risk again. I'll take the jury over the coroner.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Side boner.

Rare medical condition, but it happens.
View Quote

LOL'd
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The legal limit for driving is .08 BAC. However, if you are below that limit, you can still be charged with DWI if the officer believes you are impaired. It'll be a tough sell in court, but you can still be charged. Do you really want to take that chance with a self defense situation in this political environment? It's my personal opinion that that is not an acceptable level of risk for me and my family. I'll refrain from drinking while out and carrying. You legal eagles can obviously do as you please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
The prosecution would have a field day with him if he was involved in a shooting after having that beer.

Can you legally do it? Possibly. But it's fucking stupid.

Not here in Florida where the law specifically allows for an inebriated individual to use his gun in lawful self defense.

The legal limit for driving is .08 BAC. However, if you are below that limit, you can still be charged with DWI if the officer believes you are impaired. It'll be a tough sell in court, but you can still be charged. Do you really want to take that chance with a self defense situation in this political environment? It's my personal opinion that that is not an acceptable level of risk for me and my family. I'll refrain from drinking while out and carrying. You legal eagles can obviously do as you please.

The law in Florida specifically allows for a person to use his gun in self defense even if he is over the legal limit.

Does that imply that I'm in favor of getting drunk while in possession of a firearm?

No it does not; but it is legal to carry and have a drink or 2 although being legally drunk in possession or while shooting is a class 2 misdemeanor here and punishable by a fine unless the gun is used in legitimate  self defense.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what?

This. I'm not obeying a stupid ass law. I don't get shit housed while carrying a gun, but I'm not disarming over a couple beers at dinner. If you can't handle a couple beers and still be responsible then you can't be responsible without the beer either.

With all due respect, what you are saying is if You drive 1mph over the posted speed limit, even if they won't cite you for it, it's not being responsible.   So you will say you don't ever drive 1mph over the over the speed limit?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I disagree.

I carried concealed for YEARS before I was legally allowed to do so. I'm not putting my life at risk because of some stupid law.

Hell, for that matter, I don't follow stupid laws at all unless there are plausible and substantial consequences.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I disagree.

I carried concealed for YEARS before I was legally allowed to do so. I'm not putting my life at risk because of some stupid law.

Hell, for that matter, I don't follow stupid laws at all unless there are plausible and substantial consequences.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

The government gets to make up shit as it goes along without following their own rules, so why should I follow their rules?

I respect other people and their property, as long as what I'm doing doesn't hurt them I'll pretty much do what I damn well please.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The government gets to make up shit as it goes along without following their own rules, so why should I follow their rules?

I respect other people and their property, as long as what I'm doing doesn't hurt them I'll pretty much do what I damn well please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

I will accept any rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
- Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I disagree.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

I'm with this guy.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top