Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I agree on the sugar, but also sugar is a huge component of processed foods, so I'm not sure that they're really separate issues. We pay farmers to grow corn we don't need, figure out how to make sugar out of it for dirt cheap, then food manufacturers realized that they can sweeten everything (which I guess most people like) and increase sales.
Seriously, though, sugar makes everything taste weird. I hate regular ketchup and most breads in this country because they're sweetened to an insane degree. Salad dressing, pizza sauce, you name it.
The dangers of sugar were starting to be well known around the time that the government began issuing dietary guidelines. Check out "Pure, White, and Deadly."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can’t pin it all on processed foods and huge portions. Adding sugar to everything, being told eat three meals a day, eat grains, etc has done us harm.

I agree on the sugar, but also sugar is a huge component of processed foods, so I'm not sure that they're really separate issues. We pay farmers to grow corn we don't need, figure out how to make sugar out of it for dirt cheap, then food manufacturers realized that they can sweeten everything (which I guess most people like) and increase sales.
Seriously, though, sugar makes everything taste weird. I hate regular ketchup and most breads in this country because they're sweetened to an insane degree. Salad dressing, pizza sauce, you name it.
The dangers of sugar were starting to be well known around the time that the government began issuing dietary guidelines. Check out "Pure, White, and Deadly."

I agree.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
what will you do for fiber?

Maybe I'm just old but a weeks worth of beef might be hard to pass

I think a salad once day a week might be required.
View Quote

Probably fiber supplements.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have been carnivore for 3 years.
Lost 120lbs. COVID hit and I’ve gained 20 back. Not going to the gym sucks.

I eat meat, eggs, cheese, and butter.
I allow myself one cheat day every 3 weeks. So if I go out to a sushi restaurant or want a pizza, I indulge.

Occasionally I will do a beef and butter fast. Just cow and cow accessories.

Never felt better, my back pain is gone.

Starting the diet blows. The keto flu is a motherfucker.  
Cholesterol has never been better.
I’d say the only issue I have is water retention with pork products.   I eat a lot of bacon and sausage. It can accumulate water.

Anyone have questions for a 3 year carnivore?
View Quote

Question: I'm considering the carnivore diet, but it seems a bit extreme to me. Is there like a carnivore "light" version where I can have some basic raw vegetables and fruit, but still get most of my calories from meat, or is it all or nothing?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Question: I'm considering the carnivore diet, but it seems a bit extreme to me. Is there like a carnivore "light" version where I can have some basic raw vegetables and fruit, but still get most of my calories from meat, or is it all or nothing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I allow myself one cheat day every 3 weeks. So if I go out to a sushi restaurant or want a pizza, I indulge.

I’d say the only issue I have is water retention with pork products.   I eat a lot of bacon and sausage. It can accumulate water.

Keto is pretty much carnivore light and Mediterranean is pretty much keto light.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Keto is pretty much carnivore light and Mediterranean is pretty much keto light.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about Paleo, with an emphasis on meat?

Next question:

Can anyone write up a basic weekly meal plan on Carnivore we could look at? What worked for you guys? I'm super curious about it, but don't know what to plan for. Also, while on Carnivore, do you still track your daily macros?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
What fruit? Some are ridiculously high in carbs.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking mostly apples, berries, raw kale, tomatoes, mostly.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Jeez, another question.

How do you guys eat steak and chicken every day without breaking the bank? I love steak, but that's a semi-expensive diet if you're gonna have it every day along with bacon, pork, etc.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Jeez, another question.

How do you guys eat steak and chicken every day without breaking the bank? I love steak, but that's a semi-expensive diet if you're gonna have it every day along with bacon, pork, etc.
View Quote
I generally eat 4-8 eggs and 1-2 lbs of meat each day. I buy pork at Sam's for ~ $1.15/lb and brisket is usually $2.15-2.50/lb around here. l buy in bulk, grind, vacuum seal, and freeze. So, on any given day, I'm never eating more than $5-6 worth of food.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I generally eat 4-8 eggs and 1-2 lbs of meat each day. I buy pork at Sam's for ~ $1.15/lb and brisket is usually $2.15-2.50/lb around here. l buy in bulk, grind, vacuum seal, and freeze. So, on any given day, I'm never eating more than $5-6 worth of food.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79710/20200730_164131sm_jpg-1526603.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeez, another question.

Err, arn't eating all those eggs bad for your cholesterol? Sorry, just having some severe skeptism regarding eating only meat. Although, I do want to do it. Just need to work past some of these hang ups.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Err, arn't eating all those eggs bad for your cholesterol? Sorry, just having some severe skeptism regarding eating only meat. Although, I do want to do it. Just need to work past some of these hang ups.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeez, another question.

Isn't cholesterol mostly genetic?

If it's high you need to be careful about intake, if it's not, you should be fine.

I read a thing awhile ago too that linked cholesterol levels to testosterone levels too. People with elevated cholesterol had elevated testosterone, which is a good thing if trying to lose weight.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeez, another question.

Nope, you're going to have to unlearn all the voodoo BS you've been taught by the USDA & AHA since the 60's.

?? KETO Increased Your Cholesterol?? (Here’s why It's OK) ??

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Glock 30SF
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It’s some dumb neckbeard shit to sound cool.

Don’t do it. Humans are meant to eat both meat and vegetables.
View Quote

Are you sure? Imagine if every time you ate something you needed to hang out near a restroom because you are going to get incredible explosive shits immediately after.  Imagine if after you finish your round of explosive shits you still might be in for a round two (never know). Now imagine a bunch of people try to tell you that you are meant to eat that item.

I'm not one of those guys that dislikes carbs, veggies, etc. but they absolutely fuck my stomach up. I don't believe for a second that all people are meant to eat fall fruits/veg/nuts type of thing. Allergies exist. Some people can tolerate certain things. Others can't.

Funny thing is, milk & cheese doesn't bother me. But certain veggies/carb sources destroy me.

I haven't gone full carnivore yet, but am following the really restrictive vertical diet. It works pretty well but I still poop about twice for every meal I eat. Which means eating four meals per day I take about 8 poops per day. Full carnivore is about the only thing I haven't tried but I just ordered a book on the diet and will be trying it when I'm done reading it.

Quoted:
Jeez, another question.

View Quote

I eat a 16oz NY Strip every day. My local Costco has them for 8.99lb and its a high quality cut with decent fat marbling in the meat. Their ground Bison is also 3lbs for about 20$. Between ground bison and steak its really not 'that' expensive to eat only high quality red meat. $9 per day in steak. That's the cost of driving through a fast food place for 1 meal.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Okay, I've been reading online. But I have been having trouble finding specific weekly meal plans for Carnivore. Lots of articles talking about how great fatty beef steaks are, but not enough telling you daily recipes/meals per day.

What do you guys eat Monday-Sunday, in detail?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:43:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:20:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
FOR ME, there is no "finishing", I can never go back to eating carbs. I went from 298 to 185 in a year and have maintained at that weight for 8 months now. I KNOW if I ever try to reintroduce carbs in any form or fashion, my inner fat boy is going to make his reappearance in a most grotesque way. At 51, I'm below my HS weight and feel great, why would I ever want to give that up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sustainability is key.  I've seen Atkins and Keto adherents blimp out in a couple months after "finishing" their diet.
FOR ME, there is no "finishing", I can never go back to eating carbs. I went from 298 to 185 in a year and have maintained at that weight for 8 months now. I KNOW if I ever try to reintroduce carbs in any form or fashion, my inner fat boy is going to make his reappearance in a most grotesque way. At 51, I'm below my HS weight and feel great, why would I ever want to give that up?

I would guess those I observed lost the weight they wanted to lose.  One in particular was a good friend of mine.  He dropped the weight quickly.  I'd see him walking in my old neighborhood and figured the exercise must've really worked for him.

Then he said he'd been on keto for a couple months which explained the rapid weight loss.  

I ran into him at a board meeting and he appeared to have gained some weight back.  But I knew he was still walking. A month later, he was back where he started.

He said he and his wife slowly reintroduced vegetables and whole wheat bread into their diets.  He felt like they immediately began to retain water.

Neither of them were obese to start with.  His wife a little heavier than he.  But they gained all their weight back and then some, despite eating healthy and monitoring portions.

It just stuck with me.  Combined with others I watched in the office that went through the same, I came to the conclusion that fad diets are great for losing weight fast.  They're just not conducive to prolonged weight loss for most of the population.  JMO.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:24:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I would guess those I observed lost the weight they wanted to lose.  One in particular was a good friend of mine.  He dropped the weight quickly.  I'd see him walking in my old neighborhood and figured the exercise must've really worked for him.

Then he said he'd been on keto for a couple months which explained the rapid weight loss.  

I ran into him at a board meeting and he appeared to have gained some weight back.  But I knew he was still walking. A month later, he was back where he started.

He said he and his wife slowly reintroduced vegetables and whole wheat bread into their diets.  He felt like they immediately began to retain water.

Neither of them were obese to start with.  His wife a little heavier than he.  But they gained all their weight back and then some, despite eating healthy and monitoring portions.

It just stuck with me.  Combined with others I watched in the office that went through the same, I came to the conclusion that fad diets are great for losing weight fast.  They're just not conducive to prolonged weight loss for most of the population.  JMO.
View Quote

If most of the population had will power they wouldn't be overweight to begin with.

No matter the method, you will fail if you don't create healthy habits.

It's not the diets fault it's the individual that deviated.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes. I’m only 9 days in. Down to 223.8 lbs this morning from a starting weight of 230 lbs.

All the supposed benefits from keto. Never hungry, eat as much as you want, bowel movements are fine. Steady energy after 2-3 days. It’s great.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:43:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My ex GF would do the meat diet from time to time.  It worked, she lost lots of weight.  It's not healthy, you need to take vitamins.

She used to joke that she wasn't sure if it was the "diet" that caused her to lose weight or that you get sick of eating meat all the time...
View Quote

Uh, no. You shouldn’t be taking any vitamens.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:01:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I like my meat, but eating only meat sounds extremely unhealthy.
View Quote

That’s because it is the opposite of everything you’ve been told about nutrition your entire life, not because it is actually unhealthy.

Those who do it become healthier in every metric.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Were you going from keto to carnivore or the standard American diet to carnivore?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My experience is was extreme gastrointestinal distress. Bad pain, difficultiy taking a shit, not fun. The farts were legendary though.

Eta: I should add i tried it for a week or so.
Were you going from keto to carnivore or the standard American diet to carnivore?

Standard diet full of carbs.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Okay, I've been reading online. But I have been having trouble finding specific weekly meal plans for Carnivore. Lots of articles talking about how great fatty beef steaks are, but not enough telling you daily recipes/meals per day.

View Quote

You are over thinking this and not accepting the simplicity of it.

If you are hungry, eat meat until you aren’t hungry anymore. There aren’t any recipes. Buy meat and cook it.

You will probably end up eating 2-3 times a day, maybe even just once.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#24]
I did it for 18 days and shit my brains out for week 1 and then the last week so I called it quits.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#25]
I am currently doing it but. However, I am not SUPER STRICT about it. I use whatever seasonings I want, as long as they aren't high in carbs/sugars. I also still use ketchup, but the no sugar added Heinz ketchup because it is way lower is carbs/sugars and Sriracha. I just don't eat sugar, vegetables, bread, rice, and other items high in carbs. Honestly, I don't get fooled by this NET CARB crap either. If I look at a label and the carb intake is higher than 4g per serving, I won't consume it. If it is between 2-4g per serving, I use it on occasion only.

On a typical day where I don't prepare my own lunch I will eat a Wendy's double baconator plain with no bun. Basically just the burger patties, cheese, and bacon with some of the no sugar added ketchup. For dinner I will almost always have a 1" Ribeye steak with a blend of seasonings. My blend is a mixture of Adkins seasonings, pink salt, and ground pepper. I use about a table spoon on the entire steak. For snacks I will have cheese, eggs(mainly), lunch meats(rarely), kielbasa, sausage, FBOMB Cheese crisps, CHOMPS Sticks, and pepperoni. I'll occasionally have a Coke Zero. I usually drink water or water with a Tang packet(Zero Carbs). Just about every night at 8PM I will drink a cup of Bone Broth too. Helps fight off late night cravings.

If I had to do it without seasoning or condiments, I simply couldn't.

We had a weight loss challenge at work and it went from 251 to 234 in one month. That included a few days of cheat meals and still drinking on Friday and Saturday nights. If I drink anything alcohol wise, it is either White Claw and Bourbon neat. Keep in mind I am 6' 0" fairly muscular guy so I was always told I didn't look 251 lbs. My Doctor did tell me though that I should be around 200lbs though and in a 34" waste pant. I am currently in between 34-36 depending on the clothing. Pre pandemic I was at a crossfit gym. During the pandemic I didn't do anything hence my 251 weight. I was walking around at about 235-240 normally. Just yesterday I starting doing my own High Intensity body weight workouts in the garage.

A lot of people, including myself, have shit like a goose the first weeks to month. That is because your body isn't used to having to produce the enzymes to break down all the fat. When I have those issues, I take a Lipase pill when I turn on my flat top to cook my dinner steak. It is a digestion aid and can be found on Amazon.

I feel off the wagon a few days last week and went back up to 238. However, I got back on yesterday and I am already down to 235 of this morning. To me, the easiest thing to do is to set a goal and then treat yourself. I found that having a brief goal with a reward at that point is the easiest way to stay on track. My next goal is a cheat meal when I am under 225. I found it too difficult to go from a starting weight to an end weight without prizes in between. I would get fed up and stop doing the "Mainly Carnivore" as I call it.

My end goal isn't a weight as much as it is a body fat percentage. Being a "muscular" guy, all I want is to get rid of the spare belly and love handle fat that I have. It isn't horrible but it can be a lot better. I actually bought a pair of Crye M81 G3 combat pants in a size 34 as a motivation item. I can fit in them now but they are fairly snug. I figure at about 200lbs they will fit with some room like my 36s usually do.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I went from keto to just beef and salt as a process of elimination in determining triggers for my cluster headaches. I saw no added benefits with them or my regular health by doing this.

I envy you guys who get extra energy from going keto. I found it to be the opposite for me. I felt sluggish for months. It's great for losing weight and reducing the severity of my clusters though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't see any harm in it, though I couldn't do it indefinitely. I like vegetables.

A day without onion is like a day without sunshine.
View Quote

This.  The onion is the greatest of all vegetables.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My experience is was extreme gastrointestinal distress. Bad pain, difficultiy taking a shit, not fun. The farts were legendary though.

Eta: I should add i tried it for a week or so.

Yeah, your body wasn't too happy with you. Gastric issues aren't uncommon going from carbage to keto/carnivore, they usually subside after a few days.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just curious as to what the benefit to not eating vegetables is.
View Quote

You do not ingest all of those nasty chemicals that they get sprayed with.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If you are hungry, eat meat until you aren't hungry anymore. There aren't any recipes. Buy meat and cook it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are hungry, eat meat until you aren't hungry anymore. There aren't any recipes. Buy meat and cook it.

So easy even a caveman can do it...oh wait, they did
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#31]

I got a few lines in before the giant pop up screen wanted me to join. . So now it is up to you to give me the rest of the read.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Not me, but I knew a family from a club that did the Cave man diet as they called it, only meat

They were all slim and fit looking, and bat shit crazy.  All of them

Probably nothing to do with the diet....but

View Quote

Were they eating brains?
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Checking her out; interesting about the carnivore flu, I figured since I usually am in ketosis when I check in the morning I wouldn't miss the few carbs I get through a normal keto day, but. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTCVLFFiW6Q
View Quote

So there was a pretty girl inside of her waiting to get out.
How in the hell does she eat 10 burger patties.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Checking her out; interesting about the carnivore flu, I figured since I usually am in ketosis when I check in the morning I wouldn't miss the few carbs I get through a normal keto day, but. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTCVLFFiW6Q

Eat when you're hungry, eat until you're full. You'll see she often cooks up a 2 lb steak and eats most of it for lunch.

Check out Kelly Hogan as well, she's been full carnivore for over 10 years.
https://www.instagram.com/kelly_hogan91/
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Been half assing it for a few weeks/month now but I need to get better about it.  We just got a 1/4 cow and 1/2 pig so we have some meat.  But I'll still get some Ribeyes....

anyone that is doing it, do you have issues with eggs?  it seems if I have a lot of eggs, my gut just does not like that.  I was having something like 6-8 eggs but then I'd feel like ass for a while.  i found I can still have a couple eggs and be fine.  It's just weird cause I've ate eggs all my life.  

Also, what are peoples favorite ways to cook their steak?  grill, cast iron, etc...????
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Plants don't run so they produce toxins. That is some essential oils bullshit level stuff right there.
View Quote

All natural plants have some sort of self-defense mechanism. Cacti have needles. Chestnuts are grown inside a burr. Pecans and walnuts grow inside a husk that's incredibly bitter. Acorns and green persimmons are bitter. Turnips, mustard, and collards have to be cooked with plenty of fat and seasonings to get rid of their strong flavor.

Lots of plants and mushrooms are poisonus.  Wild cherry and peach leaves develop cyanuric acid when they wilt that is deadly to livestock.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Jeez, another question.

View Quote

I got lucky in that my grocer has ribeyes on sale for $7 each. Thick ribeyes too so I stocked up. Same with ground beef, pork, chicken, and shrimp. Just happened to get eating like this at the right time.

I’m glad I went keto for a couple of months before this. It allowed my body to get used to eating less overall, producing ketones which in turned is helping me get fat adapted as I’m not hungry that much anymore. I can’t tell you the last time I ate three meals. Add in intermittent fasting and going carnivore was and is simple.

To answer your question I can afford to do this because I’m only eating once a day most days. And those meals are small. On Saturday I grilled five ribeyes, a family pack of 85/15 ground beef patties (I think we got like 12 patties out of a family pack of meat). The food breakdown was two steaks for me, two steaks for the wife, one for the kid. Of the twelve patties I think I had a total of six and the rest was divided between the wife and kid. Of the grilled food I ate, I ate the last bit yesterday. I ate a full steak on Saturday and the other steak was split between Sunday and Monday. The hamburger patties was two on Saturday, one Sunday, one Monday, and two yesterday.

This protein fills me up where I don’t need to eat a lot when I eat and I don’t need to eat a lot throughout the day. YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just curious as to what the benefit to not eating vegetables is.
View Quote

I am curious as the benefit of eating vegtebales.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not to be rude but why not form up your own meal plan? Buy some meat you like. Cook it. Eat it. Record what and how much you ate and start forming your own meal plan. Only your body will know when, what, and how much you will need to eat. Eventually you might find that you don’t need to eat as much when you eat and your frequency of eating might decline where a steak a day fills you and keeps you content.

Can always start with ground beef patties, it doesn’t have to be steak. Also look for meat sales at your grocer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Been half assing it for a few weeks/month now but I need to get better about it.  We just got a 1/4 cow and 1/2 pig so we have some meat.  But I'll still get some Ribeyes....

anyone that is doing it, do you have issues with eggs?  it seems if I have a lot of eggs, my gut just does not like that.  I was having something like 6-8 eggs but then I'd feel like ass for a while.  i found I can still have a couple eggs and be fine.  It's just weird cause I've ate eggs all my life.  

Also, what are peoples favorite ways to cook their steak?  grill, cast iron, etc...????
View Quote
Hot cast iron. Cook until canter temp is 125-130.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#42]
I’m late and didn’t read the thread past the OP as usual.

I assume you are inquiring about weight loss tactics since you mentioned the keto stuff.

We all know Caloric deficit is the only way to lose weight. If eating only meat or anything else for that matter gets you in that deficit then it will work.

I prefer eating a large balanced meal once a day. Protein/carbs/fat in about the ratio of 60:20:20.

Link Posted: 8/12/2020 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Are there any limits to spices used on carnivore?
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I’m late and didn’t read the thread past the OP as usual.

I assume you are inquiring about weight loss tactics since you mentioned the keto stuff.

We all know Caloric deficit is the only way to lose weight. If eating only meat or anything else for that matter gets you in that deficit then it will work.

I prefer eating a large balanced meal once a day. Protein/carbs/fat in about the ratio of 60:20:20.

View Quote

Wrong. Are all calories fattening? Because I’m pretty sure I will not gain fat eating 1200 calories worth of fresh meat only vs eating 1200 calories worth of chocolate cake.

I read that wrong. While yes you do have to burn more than you consume, the calories you’re putting in matters too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

If there is I don’t pay attention to it. With that said if you want to liven up your food try pink Himalayan salt. Wholly shit! That is some strong salt. I also use coarse black pepper and coarse sea salt on my meat. Smoked paprika is amazing. The only other thing I might add to my food is plain ole mustard. No carbs, no calories, no sugar.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#47]
The lengths of our intestines suggests our bodies have been engineered to be omnivores.  They are a bit too long to efficiently digest a purely vegetarian diet and a bit too short to efficiently digest a purely carnivore diet.  I suspect some fruits and vegetables are going to soften up one's stools and minimize the formation of hemorrhoids.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 3:44:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
That all depends on how dogmatic you want to be. STRICT carnivore advocates say nothing but salt, since other seasonings are plant based. My "strict" version is meat, eggs, butter, coffee, and seasonings. As I mentioned previously in this thread, I stopped cheese only because it's too easy for me to overeat.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#49]
So I have yet another question:

So doing research on Carnivore, I noticed a heavy emphasis where you get most of your calories from fat, and then the rest from protein. I would have thought it would be the reverse. Why not lean protein meats, lean cuts of steak, chicken, fish etc? I thought a high protein, mid-low levels fats, zero carbs would be best. I would eat Top Round steak, grilled Chicken breast, fist, crab, shrimp. All of those have fats, but much less than fatty cuts of meat like T-Bone or Rib Eye.
Majority fat, rest protein seems contrary to my mind.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What about Paleo, with an emphasis on meat?

Next question:

Can anyone write up a basic weekly meal plan on Carnivore we could look at? What worked for you guys? I'm super curious about it, but don't know what to plan for. Also, while on Carnivore, do you still track your daily macros?
View Quote

Carnivore Diet: What I Eat: A Month of Meals Part 1
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top