[#3]
This board needs a WOPR.

...and, FPNI
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#4]
We would win.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]
My money is on China.  Not that they don't have issues, but they probably can kick any of their neighbor's asses in a big conventional conflict.

I'd rather see China and Russia go at it like it was 1969. 50th anniversary border war!
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#6]
You might be surprised at how competent India’s Air Force is. That said- Arabs vs Asians...so, yeah, China.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You might be surprised at how competent India’s Air Force is. That said- Arabs vs Asians...so, yeah, China.
View Quote
Indians are Arabs now?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Whoever the US Sides with wins.

I think India has tha much better strategic advantage. More coastline relative to landmass, lots of people that don’t give a fuck about “honor” or any such cultural dilemmas, they’re pretty much used to eating nothing so logistics is streamlined, and they’re blacker which I’m sure translates to running faster and jumping higher and dodging bullets and sheit

Unless China militarizes cows, then China 100%
View Quote
the part about the USA is true, but inst most of the chicom pop on its east coast?  India has more coast line and from what i understand more of a true blue water navy.  honestly it wouldn't stay conventional because not that they are equally matched but i think logistically they both seriously lack  the ability to move assets around and keep them reliably supplied.  they both have nukes and cover large amounts of territory with like said previously lack of ability to move around mil assets quickly due to the serious lack of basic infrastructure to even maintain convoys of light vehicles.  Canned sunshine would be eventually opened its just a question who pulls the tab first.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Indians are Arabs now?
View Quote
they are asians
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Indians are Arabs now?
View Quote
Why not. Close enough for government work.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’ve met a couple of Indian aviators in my time, and while I didn’t fly with them, I found them to be very astute and intelligent individuals. Absolute professionals.
Each time I walked away from a discussion I had a feeling that I had encountered someone that would be my superior in any walk of life outside of a chance meeting
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Well I did see a bunch of Indians beat a bear to death with sticks so
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#13]
China.
The chinese have no problem killing anything that protests, barks, or slithers in their way.
From personal experience,  chinese women are pretty bossy!
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
India, they have the power of biological warfare
View Quote
Currylogical warfare.....
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I’ve met a couple of Indian aviators in my time, and while I didn’t fly with them, I found them to be very astute and intelligent individuals. Absolute professionals.
Each time I walked away from a discussion I had a feeling that I had encountered someone that would be my superior in any walk of life outside of a chance meeting
View Quote
Their tactics are far more advanced than Russians or Chinese. But China has enough quality fighters now that eventually the quantity would defeat the quality.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Who would you root for?

I’d back India, because they seem less of a threat to us in the long run. I don’t believe they want to take over the world.

But, they’d probably get their asses handed to them by the ChiComs.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I've met a couple of Indian aviators in my time, and while I didn't fly with them, I found them to be very astute and intelligent individuals. Absolute professionals.
View Quote
Indians do make better pilots then Chinese.

I went down to a school to help a friend out who was short on experienced instructors.
They had a large contract with the Chinese government to train pilots. I lasted one full day.

Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I would be fine with a prolonged War of attrition between those 2 countries.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I really need China to take eastern Russia first, but then I'd be ok with it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe we can get Pakistan in on it. inshallah
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you think there's any truth at all to the Heartland theory, the last thing you want is for the PRC to take Russian Asia.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#22]
How many bears are involved?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If you think there's any truth at all to the Heartland theory, the last thing you want is for the PRC to take Russian Asia.
View Quote
Cliff notes?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't believe either of those theories. I believe the arable land and ports theory.

But check this out.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Cliff notes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cliff notes?
Near the early 1900s one guy thought the more land a country held made it stronger.(heartland theory) Another guy said how much coastline made it powerful. (rimland Theory)

makinder spykman or something like that.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't believe either of those theories. I believe the arable land and ports theory.

But check this out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But check this out.
I think there is some truth to Heartland theory, it's just often presented with typical "I found one influencing factor and have decided to use it to explain everything" tunnel-vision.

I assume you have read Mahan's works based on your position?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#27]
India and China could both each lose the equivalent of the United States population and it would increase their respective standards of living.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ya know, at this point that would be one hell of thing to behold. Possibly more of a realistic scenario given that Russia has all this land, and all these rescorces with not too many people.

And on the other hand, China has a vast surplus (25 million-ish) of sexually frustrated, military aged males just taking up resources.

Heeeeeeeeres motive

Tell you what, I think that would be a better, or worse fight depending on how you look at it
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#29]
India would win.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think there is some truth to Heartland theory, it's just often presented with typical "I found one influencing factor and have decided to use it to explain everything" tunnel-vision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But check this out.
Water is everything. Wendover productions on Youtube typically does a good job of breaking it down.

Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#31]
It is not that easy to say one or the other.  It depends on many factors.... who attacks first, where is the main theater of battle in China or India or naval?  Who has the best logistics to support the war effort?  Who are the allies to each power?  I think the US would prop up India and throw military equipment at them which would favor India logistically but also depends on if it is defensive war or offensive.  Both have a large supply of fresh meat to throw at the war but neither really has the logistical support to take on each other in an all out war.

My bet would be on India if attacked fighting on their land.  China if India attacked and the Chinese fighting on there land.  Neither would really win though it would just be a blood bath and one probably would start slinging nukes leading to a small nuclear war making the world the loser.

Look at the logistics of WW2 to defeat Germany and Japan.....
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#32]
All out drag out fight between just those two powers goes to the Chinese. A war like that will be pure attrition and china has the capability to replace lost manpower and equipment far better than India does since India mostly relies on FMS to bolster their forces. If we played the arsenal of democracy again however, things get a bit more...difficult to determine, albeit if we did we'd likely be in that war in short order anyhow

Either way, casualties far exceed anything the world has ever seen to date.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The rest of the world.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Caste fail?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#35]
China and India go to war, Pakistan invades India and Russia invades China. They destroy themselves and get overran by Muslim hordes. Poland unites Europe under the banner of the Holy Polish Empire they ally with the US and begin the 10th and final crusade for the good of mankind and are lead by God Emperor Mattis. Muslim Hordes are crushed and become a thing only seen in history books. Mankind branches out and we take our crusade into the stars and we conquer everything in our sight.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Just kidding, that's a pic of the most photographed places in the world.
Here's a rainfall map.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Uncle Sam says "Fuck yo couch, Heartland Theory!  Buy a new couch!"

Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
China and India go to war, Pakistan invades India and Russia invades China. They destroy themselves and get overran by Muslim hordes. Poland unites Europe under the banner of the Holy Polish Empire they ally with the US and begin the 10th and final crusade for the good of mankind and are lead by God Emperor Mattis. Muslim Hordes are crushed and become a thing only seen in history books. Mankind branches out and we take our crusade into the stars and we conquer everything in our sight.
View Quote
Russia can't invade China bro
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
They can but would most likely get their shit pushed in.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
It can in my fantasy, China also could never sustain a land war in India though so this whole thread is a fantasy.

They’d never be able to feed their army in the field.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#42]
The roman empire collapsed because they had a sea inside and land borders on the edges of the empire. They were doomed from the start.

The US has oceans on both sides and rivers for transportation internally.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It can in my fantasy, China also could never sustain a land war in India though so this whole thread is a fantasy.

View Quote
Logistics is a bitch.... Look at France when they were in Mali they struggled logistically.  Only 1 country on the face of the planet can logistically support an army anywhere on the globe but they also spend 700+ billion on defense each year.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Join me in China invading Russia.

It's already happening, and Russia set precedent with the reclamation of Crimea.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Cliff notes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cliff notes?
There are basically three major grand-views of geopolitics:

Sea Power as suggested by Alfred Thayer Mahan. The defining work for this theory is The Influence of Sea Power upon History. It holds that ports, control of sea lanes that feed economies, and the ability to efficiently project power over vast regions are major factors in the success and failure of nations.

Heartland theory as suggested by Sir Halford John Mackinder. The defining work for this theory is The Geographical Pivot of History. It holds that the configuration of Asia-Europe as a single gigantic landmass with vast resources makes it possible for a world-dominating power to form beyond the reach of Sea Power. The crucial area that a power must control to implement this approach is called the Heartland, and is basically inland Europe and Asia. For this reason it is crucial that a Sea Power prevent the Heartland from falling under the control of an opposing power.

Rimland theory as suggested by Nicholas Spykman. The defining work for this theory is The Geography of the Peace. It holds that power is most concentrated in the coastal regions around Eurasia, where the stream of resources flowing out and wealth flowing in converge. For this reason, dominating Rimland allows control of both the Heartland and Sea Power.

These are very brief summaries and skip many important details and conclusions. All three theories are worth detailed study.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Indians are Arabs now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You might be surprised at how competent India's Air Force is. That said- Arabs vs Asians...so, yeah, China.
Indians are Arabs now?
They converted in '87.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#47]
My money would be on China in what would amount to another border war and most likely a few battles at sea as well.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Water is everything. Wendover productions on Youtube typically does a good job of breaking it down.

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/Check-Out-The-Most-Photographed-Places-in-the-World-412216-2.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But check this out.

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/Check-Out-The-Most-Photographed-Places-in-the-World-412216-2.jpg
If water was everything, India and South America wouldn't be shitholes that other powers use as playthings.

But I agree that arable land is a massive factor often overlooked. The inherent biological qualities of populations is also often not considered (or forbidden to consider) as a factor.

One problem with Heartland theory is it ignores the logistical disadvantage of being a Land Power only. Maintaining roads and railroads to move resources across massive stretches of Asia is ungodly expensive. The ocean is free and takes you almost anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I am going with India.

Hindus, Buddhists vs. Atheists, Buddhists,
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If water was everything, India and South America wouldn't be shitholes that other powers use as playthings.

But I agree that arable land is a massive factor often overlooked.

One problem with Heartland theory is it ignores the logistical disadvantage of being a Land Power only. Maintaining roads and railroads to move resources across massive stretches of Asia is ungodly expensive. The ocean is free and takes you almost anywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But check this out.

But I agree that arable land is a massive factor often overlooked.

There's such a thing as too much water. See Brazil, SEA, India, etc.  That's why I specified 'arable' land.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top