BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Turkey traps... burn, drag to the woods, dump corn inside the springs come back in a few days... beards get stuck amongst the coils, the bigger the beard, the more likely it is to get stuck...  Old timer taught me this, he had a few interesting "hunting tips" from the depression era...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been told they make great duck traps if you burn them down to the springs.

Turkey traps... burn, drag to the woods, dump corn inside the springs come back in a few days... beards get stuck amongst the coils, the bigger the beard, the more likely it is to get stuck...  Old timer taught me this, he had a few interesting "hunting tips" from the depression era...

I was told toss in shallow pond, add corn or cut sweet potatoes and ducks would get caught in springs and drown.
Some see that as cruel, but hey, people had to eat and times were hard. And I’d rather eat drowned ducks or beard snared turkeys than stand in a soup line .
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Was driving through a poor area recently and it seemed about every 4th or 5th house had a discarded mattress or box spring on the front lawn.

Is this some kind of strange mattress fetish that afflicts the poor?
View Quote

I've seen places where not only do they dump old mattress out in their yard....they dump old EVERYTHING out in their yard! Cars, washers, dryers, sinks, bathtubs, toasters, etc, etc....

Some people are just trashy...
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've seen places where not only do they dump old mattress out in their yard....they dump old EVERYTHING out in their yard! Cars, washers, dryers, sinks, bathtubs, toasters, etc, etc....

Some people are just trashy...
View Quote

Don’t judge. I might need that dryer motor someday. And we use the bathtub to clean the crawfish before we boil them.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:52:01 AM EDT
[#4]
For fucking.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Probably dump charges. I've seen them discarded on the side of back roads around where I live, because people don't want to pay a $12 fee.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Go down a county road and you see trash piles, washing machines, refrigerators, burn cars...

Because people.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
AND we fuck on them.
View Quote

Outdoor theatrical performances.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was told toss in shallow pond, add corn or cut sweet potatoes and ducks would get caught in springs and drown.
Some see that as cruel, but hey, people had to eat and times were hard. And I’d rather eat drowned ducks or beard snared turkeys than stand in a soup line .
View Quote

Old timer that told me about this, also had some interesting moose trapping tips as well.... One involved a washer.... Not the kind you put on a bolt, but the kind you clean your clothing with... according to him, if you dig a hole big enough to burry a washer, and cut an X in the side of the washer, cover with leaves, a moose will walk over it, crush the washer get stuck in the jagged metal from the cut, and since they are so front heavy, they cant get out, walk up and shoot them between the eyes with a .22....
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top