Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/8/2016 5:24:32 PM EDT
Since so many here feel the USA  is not a great country, what country is? One of then has to be since we are not. Right? I mean if you feel it is no  longer great, then who is?

And since do not feel that it is great, when would you say it stopped being great? What  caused it and when?
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Usa is greatest empire of all time
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Since so many here feel the USA  is not a great country, what country is? One of then has to be since we are not. Right? I mean if you feel it is no  longer great, then who is?

And since do not feel that it is great, when would you say it stopped being great? What  caused it and when?
View Quote

2012 when they elected that shit bird a second time
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Usa is greatest empire of all time
View Quote

Watch it there sport, I almost cut myself on that edge.

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not perfect, but there's nowhere else I would rather be.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#5]
America used to be great all on its own. No comparison needed.

Now it's just great compared to everyone else.

Which sucks, honestly.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#6]
America has been in decline since 1655.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Because Americans are shunned in this country.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#8]
It bums me out that even after my house is paid off, I will still have to pay for it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

When The War on Drugs kicked off. When we started banning everything under the sun. After 9/11.

Pretty much when our government began legislating "safety" in place of freedom. A slippery slope becoming a full on avalanche.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Because in this constitutional republic, the two people that are leading the races to become the most powerful person in this country are a woman near a federal indictment and a liberal reality TV star

We are a great nation but we certainly arent doing much to prove it

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#11]
The porous borders and political correctness have caused this decline.  Still the greatest nation on Earth, but for how long?
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol.  Says the guy from Sweden.

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#13]
What makes a nation great? Ideals. Where do ideals reside? In the minds of men. Take stock in what you see when you are out and then decide if we are great, or just mediocre.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#14]
We worry too much about what we were instead of where we are going to be.
We have a two party system that forces people to chose between a douche and a turd... every election.
As a nation, we are getting lazier and lazier.
We spend our money abroad when it should be spent here instead.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#15]

He was right...

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#16]
More and more, it's being populated by people looking for a handout rather than an opportunity.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm assuming that statement had something to do with swedes early involvement here.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm assuming that statement had something to do with swedes early involvement here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#19]
It's a damn good place to live, but it's not great because freedom is draining rapidly and is beyond the point of no return without a drawn out period of brutal violence and enough luck for liberty minded Americans to end up winning it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

We are still the best, but not what we were IMO.

What makes countries great is culture. It takes certain cultural preconditions for rule of law. Countries that lack those cultural preconditions are banana republics at best. However, cultures decay, for a number of reasons.

I would say that part of our cultural decay is due to the social programs put in place in the '30s and '60s. When big government acts like daddy, the culture decays. Immigration from various banana republics adds to that. The success of the left in media and education and entertainment since the 60s (and even earlier) have also added to that. These different drivers of cultural decline are coming to a head, which was obvious in the 2012 election as well as the current election.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#22]
It's full of FSA. You can be fired for accurately quoting crime statistics on Facebook. The overwhelming majority of media outlets celebrate trannies as heroic. We are being overrun by the third world and both major political parties not only want this to happen, but demonize anyone who doesn't. How is America great lol?
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
One of then has to be since we are not. Right?

View Quote

Wrong.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Compared to the rest of the world it is great.  Anyone who thinks differently is fucking wrong and can get the fuck out.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Too many people like stuff I don't like.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Because in this constitutional republic, the two people that are leading the races to become the most powerful person in this country are a woman near a federal indictment and a liberal reality TV star

We are a great nation but we certainly arent doing much to prove it

View Quote

Damn good point.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's not perfect, but there's nowhere else I would rather be.
View Quote

That goes for me also.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Compared to the rest of the world it is great.  Anyone who thinks differently is fucking wrong and get the fuck out.
View Quote

Japan is a better place to live in many ways. I wouldn't rather live there, but that's because I would be an outsider in a society that profoundly favors its own. Japan isn't rushing to open the borders to low IQ third worlders. The Japanese government doesn't shame its citizens for past misdeeds (real or imagined). Japan doesn't have a crime problem. There aren't areas of Japan that are dominated by a hostile minority that the government pretends do not exist. Sure, it's crowded as fuck, the culture endlessly stresses the importance of working yourself to death and never, EVER making your boss look bad and you can't really have guns, but at least their government isn't waging war against the Japanese people.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Because..............................................freedom!!!

Nevermind, I thought it said "Why DO you think..........."  I wondered why everyone was being so negative.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#30]
America is GREAT, it is just that half its citizens suck and its elected officials are corrupt self serving scumbags
in the back pocket of corrupt corporations.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
America is GREAT, it is just that half its citizens suck and its elected officials are corrupt self serving scumbags
in the back pocket of corrupt corporations.
View Quote

Then it's not great. Not anymore lol.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Because..............................................freedom!!!
View Quote

The freedom to not own a machete in New York!

The freedom to get fired from your job because you posted about how you think trannies are weird on facebook!
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Japan is a better place to live in many ways. I wouldn't rather live there, but that's because I would be an outsider in a society that profoundly favors its own. Japan isn't rushing to open the borders to low IQ third worlders. The Japanese government doesn't shame its citizens for past misdeeds (real or imagined). Japan doesn't have a crime problem. There aren't areas of Japan that are dominated by a hostile minority that the government pretends do not exist. Sure, it's crowded as fuck, the culture endlessly stresses the importance of working yourself to death and never, EVER making your boss look bad and you can't really have guns, but at least their government isn't waging war against the Japanese people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Compared to the rest of the world it is great.  Anyone who thinks differently is fucking wrong and get the fuck out.

Can you own a gun there?
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Everything was fine until the leftists fucked it up.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#35]
we are not great anymore because most Americans are fucking leftists who are looking for a handout and vote for pieces of shit like the asshole in the Whitehouse who has no respect for our military and our place in the world as a superpower !!! he also runs up record debt giving these assholes the handouts they long for while shitting all over people who work for a living mean while giving rights to fucking illegal aliens ....  
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Just read any Medicfrost thread and you'll understand.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I do think it's great.

I just don't think it's as great as it could and should be.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Can you own a gun there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you own a gun there?

You CAN but it's strictly regulated. Only for hunting or recreational shooting purposes, and you have to have a license to own firearms. Those licenses are "may issue." You cannot legally carry a handgun.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Abandoning the Gold Standard was the match that lit the fuse.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#41]
America is still the greatest country on the planet.

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
we are not great anymore because most Americans are fucking leftists who are looking for a handout and vote for pieces of shit like the asshole in the Whitehouse who has no respect for our military and our place in the world as a superpower !!! he also runs up record debt giving these assholes the handouts they long for while shitting all over people who work for a living mean while giving rights to fucking illegal aliens ....  
View Quote

It's not ideological. There aren't that many more people who are ideologically committed to leftism than there were in the 40s and 50s. There might even be less. It's just economic pragmatism. Why do they get on welfare/disability? Because there's money there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's not ideological. There aren't that many more people who are ideologically committed to leftism than there were in the 40s and 50s. There might even be less. It's just economic pragmatism. Why do they get on welfare/disability? Because there's money there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There used to be a time where a man felt shame if he couldn't provide for his family.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There used to be a time where a man felt shame if he couldn't provide for his family.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They still do but it's much easier to rationalize it now. "I used to work until (X happened) so it's not my fault. I'm not like those other people who get benefits." This is actually a saving grace for us, as far as votes go. There are a lot of people who vote straight Republican and HATE welfare who are ON welfare lol. The human brain is peculiar.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL no shit.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

LOL no shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL no shit.

WOOOOSH!
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Czech republic, best republic.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#48]
It's overrun with Trump supporters.  Makes me think longingly of the days where we only had Libtards to deal with.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Morally bankrupt - Too Big to Fail & self-serving politicians.  If there are thieves on the top, why shouldn't the little guy get his share of illicit loot?  

Deviant behavior now accepted as the norm.  Hollywierd and the sh*t they pass onto society as normal. Don't believe me?  What has RAP done other than gangstacize our youth?

Embracing of satanism and the booting of God from our society.  

Acceptance of victimization - Woe to me because I deserve handouts.  Pioneer America had the can do, make do and stand on my own two feet.  All they wanted was an opportunty.  All we want are handouts.  

Child Sacrifice - Done on the altars of pleasure and convenience.

Financial bankruptcy - In my lifetime we have gone from the greatest creditor nation in the world to the biggest debtor nation in the world.  We're #1.  

Rise of fascisim - Heimat Sicherheist Dienst, NDAA '12 along with laws written by the corporations for their benefit.  Look up the TPP and its Atlantic equivalent.  Dodd-Frank.  Repeal of Glass-Steagall.  There is so much curtailment of that old rag called the Constitution.  Heck, restore the American Confederacy of the United States under the Articles of Confederation.

Federalization of the public education system.  Pervertism taught in schools.  Political indoctrination much like what Nazi Germany and Communist Russia did.   This is concurrent with the dumbing down of kids, rendering them incapable of comprehending the blinders being pulled over the their eyes.

Exportation of middle class production jobs.  Yay free trade.  We made everything we needed when I was a child.  Now we hadrly make sh*t and our wealth is drained to foreign coffers as we must buy from others.

Substance Abuse.  OK, make it lawful and remove the "forbidden fruit" allure it has.  That said, it's weakness to resort to drugs for fun.  How many peolple forgot to look at the beauty around us that the creator provided?  Sunrises or sunsets.  Mountain landscapes.  Gentle pastures and babbling brooks.  Waves lapping the sandy beach or animals in their natural habitat?  

Glorification of criminals - Kinda goes with the moral bankruptcy mentoned above.  People get the police they deserve.  Don't want to be a witness when your neighbor is burglarized?  Well, your place may be next.  Don't wnt to press charges against the boat thief?  Well, that only encourages him  to steal again.  Put up flower memorials on the spot where some lowlife dies?  What message does that send to the kids in the neighborhood?

Media - Do people even know that during Bubba's reign in office that over 90% of the media came to be owned by six corporations and that the media is agenda driven and uses divide et impera to manipulate us.  Faux News is no better than Commie Nude Nitwits and the other propaganda arms.

Free maket capitalism and price discovery mechanism - We've haven't had either in a long time.  The freer a society, the more affluent it is.

I'm glad I'm an old dude and don't have long for this world.  I've seen Pax Americana at its peak and it's swirling down the toilet muy pronto.  What to do about it all?  It's not about Dem or Reps.  Regardless of their party affiliation, flush out 99.99% of all elected officials by recalling them from office.  With their replacements, repeal many of the laws that were passed from Bubba's reign in office onward to current times.  In fact, undo the work of FDR and especially Woody Wilson who made much of this possible.  

Suggested reading:  Nomi Prins' All the Presidents' Bankers.  Prins was a banker and knows how to follow the dollar.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

LOL no shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL no shit.

Sigh. You guys aren't helping with that whole Ugly American stereotype thing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top