User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 12:40:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was some member here that was a preacher in Florida IIRC.  He said he was friends with JO and posted some photos of them together.  The thread was very creepy.

Was that the same guy who was really, really into supervising and mentoring the young teenage girls?

http://www.sheriff-okaloosa.org/wp-content/pdfs/newsreleases/2014/Nov.%2014%20-%20Church%20Chaplain%20Charged%20with%20Lewd%20and%20Lascivious%20Battery.pdf

https://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/sops/flyer.jsf?personId=101541
The promise ring story... lol

People ate that shit up. Also big easy snow lower. wow
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 12:51:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
God doesn’t exist, nor does “heaven”

The devil might be real. Probably in your best interests to not be evil.

When you die, that’s it. You’re gone.

I have no problem with “religion” because in general it makes humans act better. But for those that are expecting heaven/hell- I think they’re going to end up disappointed. Especially people that believe in Joel Osteen or any priest/preacher. Same as a used car salesmen
View Quote

If you’re just gone when you die, how would you even be aware to be disappointed?
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 12:52:41 AM EDT
[#3]
He turned me onto a newt.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 12:56:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
C'mon man
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 1:03:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
OP, what on God's earth would make you post this?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 1:07:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If Jesus was around today, how do you think he would speak to the masses?  1 on 1? Standing on a soap box on a corner? I am not a fan of JO, but like OP, I don't  understand the hate.
View Quote

Public access show in a small town in Colorado.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 1:24:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Jesus preached from the banks of a river.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 1:35:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He doesn't bother me at all.

I never listen to him.
View Quote

Blinky’s mom used to say “we preach it glad, not sad”.
At least he’s preaching TheWord.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 1:40:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like some precepts of men mingled with scripture?
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 1:58:32 AM EDT
[#10]
He and all the rest of the multimillionaire televangelists are the guys Jesus drove out of the Temple.

He's not even the worst. Don't get me started on that snake Kenneth Copeland.

The "Charismatic Movement" is idolatry at its peak.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 3:01:33 AM EDT
[#11]
A "man of God" worth 50+ million?
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 3:12:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Marvel at his tricks.
Need your Sunday fix.
View Quote

Send me money, send me green, heaven you will meet. Make a contribution and you'll get a better seat! BOW TO LEPER MESSIAH!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 3:37:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 3:55:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I've asked this very same question in GD before within a thread and most likely received the same answers.  I didn't take time to read this thread except for first few post at the beginning.  I know GD is full of atheists, which I find very fucking weird.  These same people will say the 2nd Amendment is their "God Given Right".

I've also takin' shit for referring some members to Joel Osteen that posted they were down on their luck.

I listen to him now and again and ALWAYS receive a positive message.  I would love to see him in person and I will pay for a ticket if he comes to my area.

I really don't give a fuck how much money Joel Osteen makes, how big his house is, how big his yacht is, or how nice his private jet is... and GD posters are all so RICH and hate the POORS.  Joel Osteen is either more Blessed than GD posters or is a whole lot fucking smarter.

What I do care about is that he preaches the Gospel world-wide and that is a whole lot better that what others preach.  Joel Osteen must reach 10's of thousands of viewers every week and travels the world to do it.  He is positive, energetic, and prays to our Great Lord and Savior.  It's a shit load better than some mother fucker preaching the teachings of the Muslim religion.

I am a Christian, an American, and I am very proud to be both.

Carry on Joel Osteen.  Fuck those that criticize you (but you already know that).
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 3:59:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Everything I've ever seen about that dude tells me he's a POS.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 4:00:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

What have you "seen"?
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 4:01:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've asked this very same question in GD before within a thread and most likely received the same answers.  I didn't take time to read this thread except for first few post at the beginning.  I know GD is full of atheists, which I find very fucking weird.  These same people will say the 2nd Amendment is their "God Given Right".

I've also takin' shit for referring some members to Joel Osteen that posted they were down on their luck.

I listen to him now and again and ALWAYS receive a positive message.  I would love to see him in person and I will pay for a ticket if he comes to my area.

I really don't give a fuck how much money Joel Osteen makes, how big his house is, how big his yacht is, or how nice his private jet is... and GD posters are all so RICH and hate the POORS.  Joel Osteen is either more Blessed than GD posters or is a whole lot fucking smarter.

What I do care about is that he preaches the Gospel world-wide and that is a whole lot better that what others preach.  Joel Osteen must reach 10's of thousands of viewers every week and travels the world to do it.  He is positive, energetic, and prays to our Great Lord and Savior.  It's a shit load better than some mother fucker preaching the teachings of the Muslim religion.

Carry on Joel Osteen.  Fuck those that criticize you (but you already know that).
View Quote
He's not going to fuck you, dude.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 4:02:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He's not going to fuck you, dude.
View Quote

Wasn't asking for him to do that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 4:08:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If that's what you want to hear, knock your socks off. But that's not Christianity.
View Quote

It was at one time, but because of the handful of times I saw him on TV, what 15 years ago--he actually never spoke about Jesus, was a dead give-away. I saw that from the start.

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 4:17:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What have you "seen"?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What have you "seen"?
LOL.  Go ahead brother!  You testify!
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 4:18:58 AM EDT
[#21]
The prosperity gospel is not the Gospel. Some even call it heresy. He says he avoids preaching against Satan but the Bible sure doesn't and neither did Christ. Pastors are to preach the full gospel not cherry picked parts of it. I'm glad he does some good things but that isn't the requirement for getting into heaven. When the pastor is richer than the church he leads there is something out of focus. I don't know what's in his heart and not going to voice an opinion about that but it is perfectly Christian to recognize some things are not consistent.

Just a thought. On GD some complain about the cost of WLP's suits but don't bat an eye on JO's luxurious lifestyle and he runs a 501-C3. True, both pay for their suits but the optic is very unwise when the plate gets passed around.

No, I don't hate him, just sure as all get out not going to follow him. I'll follow Christ.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 4:19:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I remember my elderly Grandma back in the 1980's, gushing over Jim Baker and Tammy Faye....

Google tells you how that ended.
View Quote

Jim Bakker? BASTA!

Pastor Jim Bakker Helps You Stay Alive During the Apocalypse
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 4:19:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:.

4. During the floods they had that goofy notion that he's supposed to turn his church into a hotel. It holds 16,800 spectators. As if it's stocked with bedding, food, and toiletries for people to sleep there. They just have concrete floors and uncomfortable stadium seats. I believe they tried this with the New Orleans Superdome during Katrina with terrible results. Yeah I wouldn't want to do that to my church either. If he had opened his church up to people the media would be all over about how it isn't a shelter and the terrible conditions. He made the right choice.

View Quote
Except we had many other churches and businesses that did open their doors for people and found ways to help and they weren't raked over the coals for not providing 5 star accommodations.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 4:27:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What have you "seen"?

I already did.  I don't know what else to say.

Your turn.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 4:41:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Except we had many other churches and businesses that did open their doors for people and found ways to help and they weren't raked over the coals for not providing 5 star accommodations.
View Quote

One church I was in in MI had a hall set up with a large kitchen able to feed hundreds in a disaster. On a Sunday afternoon they fed as many as 300 needy people, mostly elderly. Another Church gave away free bread for needy families. Imagine a church doing what God wants them to do?
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 4:57:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Your turn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What have you "seen"?

Your turn.
lol
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 5:21:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Joel Osteen to return $4.4M pandemic loan.
https://nypost.com/2021/10/10/joel-osteens-lakewood-church-to-repay-4-4m-in-ppp-loans/

So a few things about Osteen.

No I'm not a follower. Never read his book, never attended his events. I don't even know what he sounds like. Just tired of media BS and think he hasn't gotten a fair deal.

View Quote

When you charge to attend his preaching, you become a charlatan. Just one of a thousand red flags about him and his so called ministry. He’s a scam artist of the highest level.
2 Timothy 4:3
King James Version
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 6:35:18 AM EDT
[#28]
He's a pretty good crook, I'll give him that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:00:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My Mom watches him sometimes, so I'll watch too. Hes not bad. He doesn't ask for money, generally has an uplifting, positive message. Tells people to find a church that fits them. *shrug*
View Quote

The part in red is why I don't understand the butthurt.  He tells people to go to a real church.  They don't, they choose not to.  So why care that they continue to listen to the motivational speaker of their choosing.  Blame Joel if you want, but it's people making a bad choice that are at fault.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#30]
No different than the phony drug rehab people
Preying on people's desperation for profit is not a good look.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
He's a pretty good crook, I'll give him that.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:09:14 AM EDT
[#32]
A motivational speaker who discovered he can get one hell of a tax break if he throws god into the mix.

There's a lot of them out there.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:13:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Is Jesus was here today, he would be a millionaire preacher.  Right?
View Quote

And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
Luke 9:58

He was in the world, the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
John 1:10

Jesus was already here and dwelt amongst the millionaire preachers of his day. Pharisees and Sadducees were wealthy members of society.

Jesus was no egotist, he took no praise for himself - Come to me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light
Mt 11:28-30
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:14:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:50:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Isn't this the guy who wants you to put your hand on the TV and then send him some money?
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#36]
I do like a lot of his jokes. He used to be on Sunday mornings around the time I was getting up so I used to tune in for the first five minutes to hear the weekly joke. But they changed his time/channel so no idea where he is now.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:54:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Cause he’s earned it.

Guy is false teacher and con man directing millions from the Truth.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-95.gif

No doubt he is one of those people that think Jeffrey Dahmer was saved before he died.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:04:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That's Carl Lentz. Different creepy dude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He goes jogging with his dick root out.

That's Carl Lentz. Different creepy dude.

Yeah, totally shocking that he turned out to be a hypocrite and cheater, lol. Maybe I'm just a broken clock, but it sure seems like I can put a finger on dudes like that at first glance.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#41]
I am not a believer but I do know that Jesus stories tell him of a having a particular disdain for money takers and the rich in general. Osteen made his millions fleecing people of those millions.

A pastor should live within the median of his community in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Who gives a fuck? Jesus laying his life down for our sins is all that matters.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:16:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

If that’s what you’ve gleamed from Osteen then the problem is on full display

Jesus’ words
“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them”

He doesn’t preach the Gospel or gospels apparently (where the passage above comes from, in both Matthew and Luke). He preaches a feel good message and if that’s what you want then ok. But it’s a wealth health and prosperity message, nothing you’ll see in the New Testament. Every apostle was met with violent death or hardship for being a believer and preacher as were countless others after them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:19:51 AM EDT
[#44]
So, if anyone here is confused about why we 'hate' false teachers.....you could do much worse than to spend some time digging around this guy's website and reading/hearing some of his work:

https://justinpeters.org/

This is session one of a 3 (4?) part series he does. It's awesome. It's thorough. It's very helpful:

Justin Peters - Clouds Without Water - Session 1: Dangerous Doctrines
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Helluva smart dude. Meh.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He and all the rest of the multimillionaire televangelists are the guys Jesus drove out of the Temple.

He's not even the worst. Don't get me started on that snake Kenneth Copeland.

The "Charismatic Movement" is idolatry at its p
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:17:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Isn't this the guy who wants you to put your hand on the TV and then send him some money?
View Quote
One of them was Oral Roberts. I would have changed my first name.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s an awful lot of swearing and anger for a Christian, brother. Just saying that it might be best to open your Bible and learn the Truth for yourself and understand that the kind of fruit you bear reflects the person you are. Moreover, don’t forget that what comes out of the mouth defiles the mind. I say that in love and as a person who is also working on controlling my words.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top