Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:25:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I think he’s for real and not trying to fleece anyone and occasionally enjoy his sermons when I’m on a road trip

However....

Don’t think he’s yet qualified to preach the whole positive outlook on life thing without him actually experiencing real hardship

And no, a rude parking attendant doesn’t count

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, if anyone here is confused about why we 'hate' false teachers.....you could do much worse than to spend some time digging around this guy's website and reading/hearing some of his work:

https://justinpeters.org/

This is session one of a 3 (4?) part series he does. It's awesome. It's thorough. It's very helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS0Mpa5BRzE
View Quote

Justin Peters is the guy that got me on the whole debunking the prosperity gospel thing.  Wife follows a guy in the UK who combines all the Word of Faith, Pentecostal Charismania bullshit all in one.  
Who in the World is Uebert Angel?

I also like to listen to Chris Roseborough of Fighting for the Faith, The Messed Up Church, John MacArthur, and others.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He and all the rest of the multimillionaire televangelists are the guys Jesus drove out of the Temple.

He's not even the worst. Don't get me started on that snake Kenneth Copeland.

The "Charismatic Movement" is idolatry at its phttps://i.ytimg.com/vi/S3K9yR8EyCk/maxresdefault.jpg

That dude looks creepy as fuck.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Doesn't preach the Gospel? BS

Here's the call to Salvation - right on his website:

Attachment Attached File

Go watch a sermon or 2 of his.

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#5]
He doesn't preach the gospel.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't spend much time thinking about JO, but he's about money more than anything else.

It's not Christian to charge people 100k to hear you speak about Jesus (if he even does)

He's a prosperity gospel preacher. He's richer than 99.99% of his followers. This should never happen.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:37:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He preys on weak people.
View Quote

Don't we all
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/Joel_Osteen_JPG-2125875.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JjEt2EJI14
View Quote

That's cute. You want some eternity, come get some Jesus. No, Jesus took the cross and put it on his back and had nails driven into his body so that a worthless sinner like myself may have everlasting life.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
He and all the rest of the multimillionaire televangelists are the guys Jesus drove out of the Temple.

He's not even the worst. Don't get me started on that snake Kenneth Copeland.

The "Charismatic Movement" is idolatry at its peak.
View Quote

I Share your opinion,  Mr (there are demons on those planes) , KC is hard to beat .    Prosperity Gospel has a lot of followers, must erase the guilt of making money and having things.,   Jesus would not agree.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think there can be real repentance without the person acknowledging they are not good.  The bible says you must humble yourself, then repent and accept only Jesus.

I would imagine most of the people in Osteen's audience would say they are good people.

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Mattress Mack made his money moving cocaine through the port of Houston. I thought everyone knew that. Hard work? I guess, if you count his business being a tax front for a huge drug smuggling operation in the 80s and 90s as being hard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As I recall, his father was a genuine person, and I think many feel Joel was handed a opportunity to continue the good works, but he retooled the message to be one that works good for getting him as many income opportunities as possible.  I don't see him giving back in the ways even the furniture store guy 20 miles up the road does, Mack isn't preaching about anything, but expounding on the worth of hard work, and will have twice or more the legacy Joel ever will.

Mattress Mack made his money moving cocaine through the port of Houston. I thought everyone knew that. Hard work? I guess, if you count his business being a tax front for a huge drug smuggling operation in the 80s and 90s as being hard.

@BigHumidity

I want to hear more about this lol
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#12]
You guys think too much.

It's his gig, how he makes his money.

Like you've never voted for a guy just like him, " he'll represent my interests in government!"
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's cute. You want some eternity, come get some Jesus. No, Jesus took the cross and put it on his back and had nails driven into his body so that a worthless sinner like myself may have everlasting life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"That's Cute" That's your response to the sinner's prayer?

So you like your sinner's prayer to be what? More bloody?  
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Don't we all
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He preys on weak people.

Don't we all

No
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Joel Osteen to return $4.4M pandemic loan.
https://nypost.com/2021/10/10/joel-osteens-lakewood-church-to-repay-4-4m-in-ppp-loans/

So a few things about Osteen.

1. Returning a loan isn't really doing much since you were supposed to pay it back in the first place. (that's why it's called a loan.) But the media is reading this as some sort of admission of wrongdoing.

2. Small thinkers like to point out separation of church and state but the PPP loans were for organizations who employ people regardless of their mission. He employee 350 people at his church. (I bet some of them aren't even Christians. Just really good at organizing events.) The loans were granted to support employees, not to set up a national religion.

3. He doesn't take a salary from his church for his religious activities. Folks wonder how he can be worth $50, well, he sold 100 million copies of one of his books and he has 13 other best sellers. He gets paid 100-200k per speaking engagement and can easily do three a day because of his private jet. Why on earth shouldn't he be worth that much? And his jet is nice, I'm sure, but there is a good business purpose for it. If it costs 10k a day to fly and he can eek out 3 instead of 2 speaking engagements over flying coach, then it's paid for itself.

4. During the floods they had that goofy notion that he's supposed to turn his church into a hotel. It holds 16,800 spectators. As if it's stocked with bedding, food, and toiletries for people to sleep there. They just have concrete floors and uncomfortable stadium seats. I believe they tried this with the New Orleans Superdome during Katrina with terrible results. Yeah I wouldn't want to do that to my church either. If he had opened his church up to people the media would be all over about how it isn't a shelter and the terrible conditions. He made the right choice.

5. How on earth can anyone think he's skimming from his church when he has a perfectly lucrative side business and probably views his church as a loss leader to sell his books and speaking engagements? This is different from Jim and Tammy Baker. They actually did take money directly from the plate.

6. And there are lots of motivational speakers who refer to God and religion as a base for what they do. Is he just suffering from McDonald's syndrome where he happens to be the biggest target?

No I'm not a follower. Never read his book, never attended his events. I don't even know what he sounds like. Just tired of media BS and think he hasn't gotten a fair deal.

View Quote

Joel Osteen doesn't promote himself merely as a motivational speaker.  He leads a purported church and preaches a false gospel.  In preaching his false gospel, he is deceiving many people into believing they are saved. Because of JO, many of his "followers" will pass from this world finding themselves in a very very unhappy place.  And there will be no coming back, no do-overs.  Forever is a very long time to spend in torment.  The only person any Christian should follow is Jesus Christ, not Mary, not the Pope, not John MacArthur, not Zane Hodges, not Albert Mohler, Martin Luther, not Joel Osteen.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pray a prayer one time and be saved!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:56:50 AM EDT
[#17]
The Church we go to got a PPP loan. Kept them from laying off people.

JO is just a motivational speaker with a "Christian" angle. He reminds me of those Amway motivational speakers back in the 90s.

The ones that told you they were making tons of money selling Amway products and had hundreds of people in their "downline" so they would do the motivational speaking tour in different cities and their motivational speeches were sprinkled with christianeze and Bible verses.

"thank you lord for allowing me to buy this 350k class 1 motor home that I can drive to my speaking engagements to help motivate people to sell more Amway products and buy our motivational tape"

Then it turns out all the money they were really making was from selling their motivational speaking cassette tapes to the masses at $5 a pop. They Got sued for it and they faded away with their 350k motorhomes and lawsuits.

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS2EP2QE_zI
View Quote

Came to post something like this. Some of y’all need to reopen your Bibles and start understanding this stuff (very elementary facets of Christianity) for yourselves because you make yourselves vulnerable to predators like JO when you aren’t armed with the Word.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll save the judging for God when the books are open.....
A general observation by what Jesus taught,  real men of God should not care about money or materiel things.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

JO is just a motivational speaker with a "Christian" angle. He reminds me of those Amway motivational speakers back in the 90s.

The ones that told you they were making tons of money selling Amway products and had hundreds of people in their "downline" so they would do the motivational speaking tour in different cities and their motivational speeches were sprinkled with christianeze and Bible verses.

"thank you lord for allowing me to buy this 350k class 1 motor home that I can drive to my speaking engagements to help motivate people to sell more Amway products and buy our motivational tape"

Then it turns out all the money they were really making was from selling their motivational speaking cassette tapes to the masses at $5 a pop. They Got sued for it and they faded away with their 350k motorhomes and lawsuits.

View Quote

The Messed Up Church on YT talks about this experience with Amway.  It’s hard to believe people fall for the MLM bs with a little bit of christianese thrown in.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:04:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A general observation by what Jesus taught,  real men of God should not care about money or materiel things.
View Quote

But isn’t that you judging men of God then?

The Bible does call believers to call out false teachers and to mark and avoid them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ridiculous - too bad Billy Graham isn't around to bitch slap Paul Washer.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

When Jesus said, “Do not judge, lest you be judged,” he didn’t mean for people to never make another judgement again. Such a society (and church) would be unworkable. Instead, he was speaking about hypocritical judgement coming from a place of perceived moral superiority. We can make judgement calls on whether someone’s words or actions is in line with Scripture as long as we do it in a loving way and not from a place of superiority.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The Messed Up Church on YT talks about this experience with Amway.  It’s hard to believe people fall for the MLM bs with a little bit of christianese thrown in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The thing is when half your church ends up selling Amway it turns into a Bible Study Amway Pitch.

That's how those guys expanded their business, they started out in the churches. I have seen it first hand where 1/4 of the congregation are Amway distributers.

Then they start with the

"God wants you to make as much money as your abilities dictate, so you can support missions and starving children around the world."

Then You end up at their once a year Diamond Distributer Extravaganza in Nashville and the stadium looks like a Billy Graham event. They'll have morning bible studies where all 5000 people attend lead by this years newest emerald and diamond distributers!  

I am ashamed to admit that it took me 6 months to see through the Amway BS when your "Up line" is more interested in making sure you buy the tapes then anything else.

I got fed up when my "sponsor" said that getting people to attend the Thursday evening Amway pitch was more important than spending time with my 2 boys who were 2 and 3 at the time because "You have 15 years ahead of you to spend time with them and you'll be leaving them a "LEGACY"".

That was the last time I talked to him.

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
That guy preaches works for salvation, only he calls it "evidence of salvation".
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:20:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't give a damn what someone prays. All I know is that I think someone should think about what Jesus endured to give eternal life. The fucking pain of hanging by four nails and ridicule and being forsaken by your own people. It's a little more than saying a prayer and poof your worries are gone. But, that's judgemental of me and I shouldn't be.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I don't give a damn what someone prays. All I know is that I think someone should think about what Jesus endured to give eternal life. The fucking pain of hanging by four nails and ridicule and being forsaken by your own people. It's a little more than saying a prayer and poof your worries are gone. But, that's judgemental of me and I shouldn't be.
View Quote
While not a prayer, Jesus told us that we look to Him and POOF our worries are gone.

To summarize what Jesus was getting at in John:
3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,"
3:15 that whoever believes in Him would not perish but have eternal life."

This is a reference to Numbers 21:
4 Then they journeyed from Mount Hor by the Way of the Red Sea, to go around the land of Edom; and the soul of the people became very discouraged on the way.
5 And the people spoke against God and against Moses: "Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? For there is no food and no water, and our soul loathes this worthless bread."
6 So the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and many of the people of Israel died.

7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, "We have sinned, for we have spoken against the Lord and against you; pray to the Lord that He take away the serpents from us." So Moses prayed for the people.
8 Then the Lord said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and it shall be that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, shall live."
9 So Moses made a bronze serpent, and put it on a pole; and so it was, if a serpent had bitten anyone, when he looked at the bronze serpent, he lived.

In the understanding of the OT as a collection of object lessons:
Fiery serpents = "Fire" is often a picture of judgment and/or refinement. "serpent" goes back to the Fall, where the Serpent brought sin and shame.
The pole is of a serpent because "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Corinthians 5:21) i.e. He bore our sin on the cross.

Therefore when we are bitten by sin and judgment, we only have to look at the cross to live again.

ETA: the actual word for "sin" is an archery term meaning "to miss the mark" or a failure or fault.

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
While not a prayer, Jesus told us that we look to Him and POOF our worries are gone.

3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,"

4 Then they journeyed from Mount Hor by the Way of the Red Sea, to go around the land of Edom; and the soul of the people became very discouraged on the way.
5 And the people spoke against God and against Moses: "Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? For there is no food and no water, and our soul loathes this worthless bread."
6 So the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and many of the people of Israel died.

7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, "We have sinned, for we have spoken against the Lord and against you; pray to the Lord that He take away the serpents from us." So Moses prayed for the people.
8 Then the Lord said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and it shall be that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, shall live."
9 So Moses made a bronze serpent, and put it on a pole; and so it was, if a serpent had bitten anyone, when he looked at the bronze serpent, he lived.

Fiery serpents = "Fire" is often a picture of judgment and/or refinement. "serpent" goes back to the Fall, where the Serpent brought sin and shame.
The pole is of a serpent because "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Corinthians 5:21) i.e. He bore our sin on the cross.

Therefore when we are bitten by sin and judgment, we only have to look at the cross to live again.

View Quote

I can respect that. Thank you for that enlightenment.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

ETA: the actual word for "sin" is an archery term meaning "to miss the mark" or a failure or fault.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you saying the part about repentance and trusting only in Jesus is optional?
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

True, faith and trust in Christ is a condition precedent to salvation. But as James wrote, faith without works is dead, and faith without a changed life can lead to cheap grace. There is a balance between faith and a changed life that gives evidence to the legitimacy of that faith.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
One of them was Oral Roberts. I would have changed my first name.
View Quote

To Anal Roberts?

PS. The above message was not intended to kink shame any poster.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Are you saying the part about repentance and trusting only in Jesus is optional?
View Quote
How do you get that from what I posted?

BTW "repent" in Hebrew, Greek, and 17th century English simply means "a change of mind or thinking". God repents in the King James and its contemporary translations.

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore, leaving the elementary principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God...
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

More biblical.

Repeating words does not save you. Believing the Gospel does. So it’s of utmost importance to be clear S to what the Gospel is. a day you can’t be clear on that without a hard discussion of what sin is and why God hates it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

True, faith and trust in Christ is a condition precedent to salvation. But as James wrote, faith without works is dead, and faith without a changed life can lead to cheap grace. There is a balance between faith and a changed life that gives evidence to the legitimacy of that faith.
View Quote
What does "dead" mean here? If faith doesn't save without works, then faith doesn't save, works do. That flies in the face of Romans 4:

4:2 Because, if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God.
4:3 Because what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
4:4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.
4:5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,
4:6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
4:7 Saying "Blessed are those whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered;
4:8 blessed is the man to whom the LORD will not impute sin."

If we take James 2 in the context of personal salvation unto glory from judgement, then we contradict Romans 4:2-8 and that's a big problem. We have to consider James 1 and 2:1-13, which gives us the context, and that's how to witness to the lost.

To sum it up: James is not about heaven/hell, but our witness to the lost in the service of Christ, much in the same way written in Hebrews 11. Abraham was justified to men by his works, Rahab was saved from the destruction of Jericho, the demons believe that there is one God, and a dead body is still a body, it's just not functional (just as Sarah's womb is "dead" using the same Greek word in Romans 4:19), just as dead faith is still faith but is no good to the service of Christ. Salvation is a gift by grace through faith.

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Also, Calling the FREE GIFT of salvation by grace through faith "cheap grace" is blasphemy. God, who is without time, entered into creation to hang on a cross so that He can do what He pleases with it, and He decided to give it away. Since God is without time, I think He always experiences every bit of time as an eternal present event, which if true means that He is ALWAYS on the cross from His perspective. It is in no way "cheap".

Don't rent your relationship with God out to preachers and priests. It is your relationship. Cultivate and grow it on your own - that's why we are given the Holy Spirit upon faith in Jesus, which is also our guarantee of our future bodily redemption (Ephesians 1:13-14).
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#36]
He is no Christian by any means and only serves himself. The proof is in the pudding. For example,  he had the chance years ago when Oprah asked him is there only one way to get to heaven and he folded harder than a stack of cards. He could have said."YES,there is only one way" but instead he did not. That is just one of the many things he has done/said to show he is not a Christian because as a Christian, he should know, stand up and admit there is only one way,through Jesus. Instead he chose to "tickle their ears"-2 Timothy 4:3 and appease the masses.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#37]
TX shyster.....He did not even open his mega-church for refugees during the Harvey flooding till he was raked over the coals on social media.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#38]
As an atheist, I'm kinda willing to listen to anyone preaching salvation from the bible.

Joel Osteen isn't one of those charlatans.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://nypost.com/2021/10/10/joel-osteens-lakewood-church-to-repay-4-4m-in-ppp-loans/

1. Returning a loan isn't really doing much since you were supposed to pay it back in the first place. (that's why it's called a loan.) But the media is reading this as some sort of admission of wrongdoing.

2. Small thinkers like to point out separation of church and state but the PPP loans were for organizations who employ people regardless of their mission. He employee 350 people at his church. (I bet some of them aren't even Christians. Just really good at organizing events.) The loans were granted to support employees, not to set up a national religion.

3. He doesn't take a salary from his church for his religious activities. Folks wonder how he can be worth $50, well, he sold 100 million copies of one of his books and he has 13 other best sellers. He gets paid 100-200k per speaking engagement and can easily do three a day because of his private jet. Why on earth shouldn't he be worth that much? And his jet is nice, I'm sure, but there is a good business purpose for it. If it costs 10k a day to fly and he can eek out 3 instead of 2 speaking engagements over flying coach, then it's paid for itself.

4. During the floods they had that goofy notion that he's supposed to turn his church into a hotel. It holds 16,800 spectators. As if it's stocked with bedding, food, and toiletries for people to sleep there. They just have concrete floors and uncomfortable stadium seats. I believe they tried this with the New Orleans Superdome during Katrina with terrible results. Yeah I wouldn't want to do that to my church either. If he had opened his church up to people the media would be all over about how it isn't a shelter and the terrible conditions. He made the right choice.

5. How on earth can anyone think he's skimming from his church when he has a perfectly lucrative side business and probably views his church as a loss leader to sell his books and speaking engagements? This is different from Jim and Tammy Baker. They actually did take money directly from the plate.

6. And there are lots of motivational speakers who refer to God and religion as a base for what they do. Is he just suffering from McDonald's syndrome where he happens to be the biggest target?

No I'm not a follower. Never read his book, never attended his events. I don't even know what he sounds like. Just tired of media BS and think he hasn't gotten a fair deal.

View Quote

I don't really give shit about JO one way or the other, although he strikes me as a scam artist.

However, the PPP loans were forgivable if you used them for what they were intended to be used for and didn't fire anyone. The fact that he has to pay it back tells me he likely used it for something he wasn't supposed to (non-payroll) or he took the paycheck protection loan, then fired people.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Joel is that you?

FJO
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Televangelist, says it all. Reminds me of Reverend Ike.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#42]
In this thread, non Christians claim to have real Christians best interest at heart. And in another thread, the same person will call God a fairy tale.

I think a lot of GD is motivated to hate Osteen over jealousy and just parroting what their peers say. We like to dog pile on people for popularity.

I'm not sure about Osteen, but if GD atheists hate him, he's probably ok...

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It amazes me that Christians tolerate people like him.
View Quote

What are we to do?  Lynch him? Burn him at the stake? We're not the Roman Catholic Church.  

We speak out against him for preaching a false gospel and leading people to Hell.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I don't spend much time thinking about JO, but he's about money more than anything else.

It's not Christian to charge people 100k to hear you speak about Jesus (if he even does)

He's a prosperity gospel preacher. He's richer than 99.99% of his followers. This should never happen.
View Quote

Interesting.

What percentage is acceptable?
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
In this thread, non Christians claim to have real Christians best interest at heart. And in another thread, the same person will call God a fairy tale.

I think a lot of GD is motivated to hate Osteen over jealousy and just parroting what their peers say. We like to dog pile on people for popularity.

View Quote

I'm not an atheist but a so-called servant of the Word shouldn't live in a mega-mansion.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Also, Calling the FREE GIFT of salvation by grace through faith "cheap grace" is blasphemy. God, who is without time, entered into creation to hang on a cross so that He can do what He pleases with it, and He decided to give it away. Since God is without time, I think He always experiences every bit of time as an eternal present event, which if true means that He is ALWAYS on the cross from His perspective. It is in no way "cheap".

Don't rent your relationship with God out to preachers and priests. It is your relationship. Cultivate and grow it on your own - that's why we are given the Holy Spirit upon faith in Jesus, which is also our guarantee of our future bodily redemption (Ephesians 1:13-14).
View Quote
I'm going to steal that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#47]
I find Joel very inspirational and I enjoy his message.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#48]
This thread reminds me of the one I made about a battle that was going a little wild.

As the smiling preacher was one of the folks that had gained a considerable portion of his ire.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've asked this very same question in GD before within a thread and most likely received the same answers.  I didn't take time to read this thread except for first few post at the beginning.  I know GD is full of atheists, which I find very fucking weird.  These same people will say the 2nd Amendment is their "God Given Right".

I've also takin' shit for referring some members to Joel Osteen that posted they were down on their luck.

I listen to him now and again and ALWAYS receive a positive message.  I would love to see him in person and I will pay for a ticket if he comes to my area.

I really don't give a fuck how much money Joel Osteen makes, how big his house is, how big his yacht is, or how nice his private jet is... and GD posters are all so RICH and hate the POORS.  Joel Osteen is either more Blessed than GD posters or is a whole lot fucking smarter.

What I do care about is that he preaches the Gospel world-wide and that is a whole lot better that what others preach.  Joel Osteen must reach 10's of thousands of viewers every week and travels the world to do it.  He is positive, energetic, and prays to our Great Lord and Savior.  It's a shit load better than some mother fucker preaching the teachings of the Muslim religion.

I am a Christian, an American, and I am very proud to be both.

Carry on Joel Osteen.  Fuck those that criticize you (but you already know that).
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fascinating.

So, you read through this thread, and you associate all the criticism of his man with "atheists" who "will call God a fairy tale."

What kind of extensive cross-referencing is this based in?

Why would it matter? How does the validity of the criticism hinge on the religious views of the poster?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top