Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/20/2021 6:28:05 PM EDT
Thin people are more attractive than heavier people.  They have more opportunities in life.  

Fat people are viewed as unattractive, lazy, and slothful.  They have less opportunities in life.  

Is it something hard-wired in people that makes them view thin people as attractive?

Is food addictive?  It is hard not to eat a whole bag or chips or candy when you open it.  It is far better to not buy the food and have it around.

Are fat people fat due to no willpower, laziness, disease, or something else?

How can fat people get thin?

More importantly: How can fat people get and REMAIN thin?

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of it is the food fat people eat makes them “stuck.” Usually lacks fiber do they eat larger portions than they actually need. May be dehydrated as well and using food as a means to hydrate. It’s not that they’re lazy. They have no energy or motivation. Takes lots of willpower to come out of it and stay out of it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on how skinny.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Sight and smell of fatties aside, the lack of self control and concern for health and the future makes them disgusting also.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Fat people tend to be dumber with less impulse control.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m naturally thin, but run 50-100 miles a week every week of the year. I’m also always hungry. So, there’s that.

Are thinner people better looking? No idea, women seem to ignore me, so I have no reference. But, thinner women are more attractive in general IMO.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Why do thin people automatically assume they're better than fat people?
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Obesity is a symptom of the seven deadly sins. Gluttony. Something we all struggle with to one degree or another but some much more than others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
because they are?

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#10]
We’re biologically wired to be attracted to thinner, healthier people. Fat people are fat because they have no discipline or self control. It’s not hard to eat healthy and exercise, but it’s easier to eat like shit and not exercise.

And I really hate the “I have a thyroid issue” excuse that usually comes from 300+ lb land whales. No, you have a portion control issue. Or, if you actually do have a thyroid issue, then you should know to make better food choices so as not to pack on weight.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Fat people move less, that is why they are fat.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Certain foods are addictive.  Mostly sweets, salts, and fats.    
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Certain foods are addictive.  Mostly sweets, salts, and fats.    
View Quote

Mmmmmm..........fats
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Get a sport...a sport that involves a lot of training and cardio.

I got a bike to start riding and drop a little weight 6 years ago. I went from 270 to 165 and kept it off because I'm always dieting/training for racing and group rides
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Fat people are sinners, and going to hell. The bible tells us this. I stay away from sinners and devil worshipers.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Being fat is a decision.

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Alpha animals/humans are not fat.   That's just the way it is.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Outside of the bed, not much. In bed it's just easier for thin people to move around to take care of business so that both parties have a happy ending.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A lot of it is the food fat people eat makes them “stuck.” Usually lacks fiber do they eat larger portions than they actually need. May be dehydrated as well and using food as a means to hydrate. It’s not that they’re lazy. They have no energy or motivation. Takes lots of willpower to come out of it and stay out of it.
View Quote

Isn’t lack of energy and motivation the definition of lazy?
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:53:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fat people are sinners, and going to hell. The bible tells us this. I stay away from sinners and devil worshipers.
View Quote
The science is settled.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#21]
The majority of Americans eat a shit diet most of the thinner ones have a better metabolism
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:57:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Motivation can be hard to come by at times. Developing discipline is key. It’s more consistent than motivation, and discipline leads to more discipline, IME.

There’s days I have zero motivation to workout, dry fire, etc... Just got to do it anyway.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Isn’t lack of energy and motivation the definition of lazy?
View Quote

No. Being lazy is being unwilling to even try. Fat people often try, but aren’t successful. Mostly because they don’t know what is making them the way they are. There’s a lot of fat people that if they just take fiber supplements and drink a lot more water, they would lose some weight just doing that without even giving up the cheeseburgers.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Evolutionary trait. Comes from hundreds of thousand of years starving trying to scratch out a living in the wild. Then comes civilization and food abundance.

People that are not fat are either more active or have more self control. Its simple... if you dont have self control to not over eat. You will have to either be more active or eat less fattening things (because you cant control your intake).
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
because fat people are dying
View Quote

We’re all dying.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Nobody wants to be fat, but some people are.  Their poor life choices of diet/(lack of)exercise either through ZFG, impulsiveness, ignorance, laziness, indifference, etc. are just characteristics of themselves that they Telegraph to the world via their physical presence.  

Subconsciously or even consciously, the rest of the world sees those characteristics of that personality and will contrast it with the guys/gals who are fit, and non-verbally communicating their ability to set/achieve goals, willing to work hard and/or sacrifice for a greater good than what something may taste like for the 15sec it’s in their mouth.

Granted it doesn’t tell the individuals whole story, but which of those two sets of characteristics would you want from an employee or life partner?
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Sugar, corn, wheat, and soy make you fat and unhealthy.

The American diet, especially of the poors is mostly composed of sugar, corn, wheat, and soy.

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Being fat is a decision.

View Quote

Man, I really wish I could have chosen for my entire endocrine system to not stop working. That would have made my life a whole lot easier than being on a ton of meds for life. Gotta admit, you’ve opened my eyes Doctor.

For the record though, I’d agree that you’re likely right on a high percentage of fat people though. Making it a blanket statement is just dumb however.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Because throughout human history fat is not a natural state of the form.

Hunter gathers burned calories

You worked to survive

Overeating, sugar and carbohydrates in general didn’t exist

Fat is a relatively new condition
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You worked to survive

Overeating, sugar and carbohydrates in general didn't exist

View Quote

not for me it's not.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
because fat people are dying
View Quote

Everyone is dying, professor.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Man, I really wish I could have chosen for my entire endocrine system to not stop working. That would have made my life a whole lot easier than being on a ton of meds for life. Gotta admit, you've opened my eyes Doctor.

For the record though, I'd agree that you're likely right on a high percentage of fat people though. Making it a blanket statement is just dumb however.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Being fat is a decision.

Man, I really wish I could have chosen for my entire endocrine system to not stop working. That would have made my life a whole lot easier than being on a ton of meds for life. Gotta admit, you've opened my eyes Doctor.

For the record though, I'd agree that you're likely right on a high percentage of fat people though. Making it a blanket statement is just dumb however.

I forgot to mention all the chemicals that people are bathed in now that destroy the endocrine system.

It is indescribable what has happened to humanity. Poisoned by their own hand.

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You worked to survive

Overeating, sugar and carbohydrates in general didn’t exist

View Quote

Huh, 25-30k years ago, this was what fertility looked like…

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Did I make it in before the truck driving mother?
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Humans are hard wired by evolution to burn around 3500kcal a day (adult male)If we eat that much, we get fat if eat that much because evolution hasn't caught up.

To burn that takes a bunch of walking, working and running.  A bunch.

Self control is a combination of eating less and exercising more to balance it out for normal American lifestyles.

You NEVER see natives in Africa etc who are overweight because they burn more and eat less

For a real eye opener go to NYC, the people you see aren't fat, they walk everywhere.   Go to your local rural Walmart the vast majority are fat, they drive to the closest parking spot they can and the really fat ones struggle to a store owned scooter.

Get outside and move along with cutting back on your intake.

Thin is healthy and tells me the person has some idea of self control and self worth.  Fatties are fat by choice, unless their mother is a truck driver with bad knees.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because we are.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Did I make it in before the truck driving mother?
View Quote
i would introduce you to my mother but i got an account warning for copypasta last time.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I forgot to mention all the chemicals that people are bathed in now that destroy the endocrine system.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Being fat is a decision.

I was really surprised at how common the type of brain tumor I had (pituitary adenoma) is when my doc explained it to me. I know several people with them. Really does make me wonder if its environmental or just that our medical system is better at keeping people alive to pay taxes.

Don’t make growth hormone or testosterone anymore, limited amounts of insulin, testosterone to estradiol conversion is weird, etc. Completely fucks your body up. Mind you, it’s a case by case basis, that’s just me.

That said, if the docs could come up with a way to get me thinner that I can do and afford, I’d be all over it. Hell, just getting back on growth hormone shots has me losing weight already. Being a fatass (281 today, down from nearly 350 2 years ago) is disgusting.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Humans are hard wired by evolution to burn around 3500kcal a day (adult male)If we eat that much, we get fat if eat that much because evolution hasn't caught up.

To burn that takes a bunch of walking, working and running.  A bunch.

Self control is a combination of eating less and exercising more to balance it out for normal American lifestyles.

You NEVER see natives in Africa etc who are overweight because they burn more and eat less

For a real eye opener go to NYC, the people you see aren't fat, they walk everywhere.   Go to your local rural Walmart the vast majority are fat, they drive to the closest parking spot they can and the really fat ones struggle to a store owned scooter.

Get outside and move along with cutting back on your intake.

Thin is healthy and tells me the person has some idea of self control and self worth.  Fatties are fat by choice, unless their mother is a truck driver with bad knees.
View Quote

Eating the right foods is the only way to cut back on portions. Fat people eat junk that keeps them hungry. Therefore they eat more than what they need. Eating more fiber would control your portions naturally.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Fat people move less, that is why they are fat.
View Quote
There is great truth in this.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, it is Thursday.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I was really surprised at how common the type of brain tumor I had (pituitary adenoma) is when my doc explained it to me. I know several people with them. Really does make me wonder if its environmental or just that our medical system is better at keeping people alive to pay taxes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Being fat is a decision.

It's environmental without question.

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#45]
why ask why?
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Sugar, corn, wheat, and soy make you fat and unhealthy.

The American diet, especially of the poors is mostly composed of sugar, corn, wheat, and soy.

View Quote

I eat all of that except soy, and I'm skinny.

I also eat bacon and hamburgers and they don't make me fat, either.

maybe, just maybe, it's because I burn as many calories as I consume.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We’re biologically wired to be attracted to thinner, healthier people. Fat people are fat because they have no discipline or self control. It’s not hard to eat healthy and exercise, but it’s easier to eat like shit and not exercise.

And I really hate the “I have a thyroid issue” excuse that usually comes from 300+ lb land whales. No, you have a portion control issue. Or, if you actually do have a thyroid issue, then you should know to make better food choices so as not to pack on weight.
View Quote

Thinner is a relative term. And tastes vary quite widely in that regard.

There are clearly preferences with body types that correlate to health, but “thinner is better” is not necessarily an absolute. Just like many guys enjoy some curve and fluff on a woman, many women prefer a man with some mass to him. But you can usually rely on there being a line across which all the women start to consider the extra weight as a significant detriment to attractiveness.

Yes, there is a huge self-control issue for obese people. Same as there is for alcoholics, drug addicts, clepto’s, pyro’s, pedo’s, etc. This is why so many obese people struggle with compulsion control...it’s actually often mental health related. The problem is that you must eat to live. So they can’t really abstain from what they indulge in. Now, imagine what the success rate for sobriety would be for alcoholics trying to just drink a beer or two. How many alcoholics do you know who maintain sobriety by drinking “only a healthy amount”? Any heroin addicts who can go back to the occasional weekend smack binge?

But don’t let that slow your roll. Controlling addiction is easy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Thin people are more attractive than heavier people.  They have more opportunities in life.  

Fat people are viewed as unattractive, lazy, and slothful.  They have less opportunities in life.  

Is it something hard-wired in people that makes them view thin people as attractive?

Is food addictive?  It is hard not to eat a whole bag or chips or candy when you open it.  It is far better to not buy the food and have it around.

Are fat people fat due to no willpower, laziness, disease, or something else?

How can fat people get thin?

More importantly: How can fat people get and REMAIN thin?

View Quote

Ain't nothing cute about the beetus.
Want to get thin?

Don't work in air conditioning sitting on your ass for 10+ hours per day.
Don't eat shit food in high quantities.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#49]
@ilikeporkchops

Your presence is requested.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Aside from costing everyone tons of money in health care costs, I'm sure they have beautiful personalities.... Actually many do.. goes along with that care free attitude.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top