[#1]
What?
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want a tactical tuna, but FN killed it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like to own an AUG.  I own a PS90, and it's fun.  Might as well get an AUG also.
I want a tactical tuna, but FN killed it.

Yeah, that was a cool one also.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

Gotta collect them all!  
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#5]
OP has a serious drinking problem.

Top 10 Assault Rifles
M4/M16. The undisputed champ of the assault rifle world is the M16 family of firearms. ...
HK416. There is a good argument that the HK416 is mainly just a Stoner design, and you're partially correct. ...
AK Series. ...
Steyr AUG. ...
Tavor. ...
Galil. ...
Sig SG 550. ...
CZ Bren Series.
Sig’s MCX rifle
StG 44

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-assault-rifles/
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Cmon man. I know you have been in some of his other threads. This is his natural state. I would hate to see him under the influence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it possible to be this high/drunk, but still be able to type coherently?  

Cmon man. I know you have been in some of his other threads. This is his natural state. I would hate to see him under the influence.

You ever notice that you're the only person to chronically shitpost in my threads? And only ever in my "controversial" threads. I didn't see you in my pellet rifle thread recently. You wanna know why? Because that wasn't a controversial thread.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, did you ask over at AUG.com?
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You ever notice that you're the only person to chronically shitpost in my threads? And only ever in my "controversial" threads. I didn't see you in my pellet rifle thread recently. You wanna know why? Because that wasn't a controversial thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you compare pellet rifles to in that thread?
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The AUG is a superior rifle, in regards to reliability in adverse conditions alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some dudes like to chop off their dicks and call themselves women, too.

Those dudes are almost as wrong as people who prefer AUGs over AR's.

The AUG is a superior rifle, in regards to reliability in adverse conditions alone.

You state facts that are not in evidence.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks OP, I really needed a laugh today.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some dudes like to chop off their dicks and call themselves women, too.

Those dudes are almost as wrong as people who prefer AUGs over AR's.

Those were the official findings of the Australian Army in their adverse conditions testing comparing the AUG to the M16.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Those were the official findings of the Australian Army in their adverse conditions testing comparing the AUG to the M16.
View Quote
Australia is a prison island and a failed state.

They only chose the AUG because they didn't read the paperwork carefully enough and thought it was a domestic design.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They only chose the AUG because they didn't read the paperwork carefully enough and thought it was a domestic design.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't speak in regards to the country, but Australia has a first class Light-Infantry force that is internationally respected, and the AUG has performed well in combat world wide in their, and other countries hands.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

M1 Garand ofcourse. What else?
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As an AUG owner, that was funny.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I dont know a single person that has one in reality

It would be the bullpup Id buy. I mean if I were going to buy a bullpup
View Quote

This. I won’t buy a bullpup but it’s definitely at the top of that list.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Die Hard
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So I've been wondering about this.

American's love of the Steyr AUG is evident in sales.

Why do so many choose the AUG over the AR? I can certainly answer this question for myself, but I cannot speak for others.

For me, it's a simple matter of the superior reliability and parts durability, especially in adverse conditions over an AR.

The AR is designed to have parts that are easily replaceable. The AUG is designed so that parts simply do not break. They can last significantly higher round counts than the AR before parts start breaking. You can shoot an AUG over the course of your lifetime without needing to replace anything.

What about you? It's it because you know the AUG is simply a cooler/superior platform?

Soon enough, will the AUG be the new "America's rifle?"  
View Quote

Own both, prefer the AR15.  MUCH prefer the AR.  The Steyr is cool and fun to shoot but if the SHTF I'm taking my M4.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Can't speak in regards to the country, but Australia has a first class Light-Infantry force that is internationally respected, and the AUG has performed well in combat world wide in their, and other countries hands.
View Quote
Surely the AUG would have turned the tides for them had they had it in 1932.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://www.sandboxx.us/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/jfOOUpG-900x567-1.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AUGs would have given them a better shot, but in the end it still would have been a loss. Nothing can overcome the power of the Emu.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Why do so many choose the AUG over the AR? I can certainly answer this question for myself, but I cannot speak for others.

For me, it's a simple matter of the superior reliability and parts durability, especially in adverse conditions over an AR.

The AR is designed to have parts that are easily replaceable. The AUG is designed so that parts simply do not break. They can last significantly higher round counts than the AR before parts start breaking. You can shoot an AUG over the course of your lifetime without needing to replace anything.

What about you? It's it because you know the AUG is simply a cooler/superior platform?

View Quote

OP uses a rifle in "adverse conditions" so much that parts wearing out and reliability are an actual issue?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Op is a tard.

I do own an AUG and I like it a lot. Would trust it in an end of the world scenario? Yes. I would also trust one of a half dozen other ARs I have. It is more popular? Hell no. Is it a great rifle? Yes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OP is taking 4/20 seriously.
View Quote

Quick detach barrel makes a handy pipe for your stash....
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Get both.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they resorted to bombing the birds.  Certainly lost shooting at them with boolits
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Bullpups have better terminal ballistics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
After braces, they'll be coming for bullpups like the aug. All you bullpup guys who are staying silent, thinking you can hide in the shadows- you better get in your reps ears about braces. You're just the next "loophole" to close. I'm sure a very conveniently timed mass shooting via bullpup will occur, as the braced pistol showed up from the tranny the day before the pistol brace rule vote, and the Vegas shooting right before the hpa was supposed to be voted on.

Qft
Bullpups were the best non-nfa short rifle alternatives until braced pistols hit the market.

Only hits count.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Only hits count.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
After braces, they'll be coming for bullpups like the aug. All you bullpup guys who are staying silent, thinking you can hide in the shadows- you better get in your reps ears about braces. You're just the next "loophole" to close. I'm sure a very conveniently timed mass shooting via bullpup will occur, as the braced pistol showed up from the tranny the day before the pistol brace rule vote, and the Vegas shooting right before the hpa was supposed to be voted on.

Qft
Bullpups were the best non-nfa short rifle alternatives until braced pistols hit the market.

Only hits count.

AUG is plenty accurate.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

They don't...... ??
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:09:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just laughed for a good 30 seconds. Thank you for this reply.

Also going to use this joke on a few Aug owner friends.

A few own Tavor's and I have to be more selective with that humor.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They don't...... ??
View Quote

99% of AR15 owners cant afford to own a superior platform so they will only defend their PSA because it's all they know.

It's the sad truth. This is Joe Bidens America that you voted for.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah that’s why the Australian SAS uses M4s

The only reason the MoD bought AUGs was to save money because they are cheap plastic guns that meet the minimum specs. Like glocks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

99% of AR15 owners cant afford to own a superior platform so they will only defend their PSA because it's all they know.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't...... ??

That's really your take on why ARs are more popular than AUGs?

Rather than the fact you can buy a $500 AR and it will digest everything you feed it? And it has the aftermarket equivalent of a Chevy 350?

I'll see AUG owners at the range with the original 1.5x scope.

Even 60 years ago we figured a 3x was better back when it was still carry handles.

Maybe the 3x didn't work for the average Steyr owner's monocle.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#35]
I like them all.
Both are fine rifles, but in the end the AR would win out in a battle or SHTF scenario for just parts availability if nothing else.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Op is a tard.

I do own an AUG and I like it a lot. Would trust it in an end of the world scenario? Yes. I would also trust one of a half dozen other ARs I have. It is more popular? Hell no. Is it a great rifle? Yes.
View Quote

I echo all of that.

I own an AUG because its a fun gun, just like my AK's. But the AR is superior to em all.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I know a guy who bought one in the 80s and installed a left handed bolt because he is a cross eye dominant rifle shooter.

I had a USR with a NATO stock in late 90s/early 00s, but sold it to buy ARs.

View Quote

I had 2 AUGs long ago when they were 1st introduced here in the states. A green stocked 20" and a 16" black stocked one when those came in. Fantastic rifles. Sold them both during them Clinton Ban for $3500 for the 20" and $5k for the 16" rifle.

Need to get a STANAG mag stocked one now that they are affordable

Wished I would have gotten a USR when they were available.  I liked the bluish grey colored stock.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#38]
It's the quintessential bullpup. None other like it.

I mean, diehard, commando? Common man!

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Rather than the fact you can buy a $500 AR and it will digest everything you feed it? And it has the aftermarket equivalent of a Chevy 350?

Even 60 years ago we figured a 3x was better back when it was still carry handles.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't...... ??

You know AUGs today have a flat rail on top.. I've got an ACOG on mine. You really don't need much on your AUG; a good optic, a light, a sling, and you're gtg.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You know AUGs today have a flat rail on top.. I've got an ACOG on mine. You really don't need much on your AUG; a good optic, a light, a sling, and you're gtg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't...... ??

I know. Just messing with you guys.

You're talking to someone that still prefers a 1911 so my opinion on guns is a bit skewed.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
lol

Put up some sales numbers.
View Quote

This thread ended with the first reply.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#42]
AUG what?

This is blasphemy.

The USA is not looking at making AUG's the national rifle the last time I checked.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Until they become available in 6.8 spc, I'm not interested.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
lol

Put up some sales numbers.
View Quote

This, what’s a realistic number? 10,000 ar-15s sold per every 1 aug ?
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#45]
The AUG is the last rifle I would buy...
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#46]
I own ONE AUG as a novelty I have... more than one AR
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The AUG is the last rifle I would buy...
View Quote

This is silly, they’re wonderful rifles. The AR is certainly more popular, more modular, with greater parts available. But the AUG is a shitload better than many other rifles on the market.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew a guy from 4 Commando who preferred the AR.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

AUG is plenty accurate.
View Quote

So is an Arrow stapler, the stapler has a better trigger.

I was happy when I got a Tavor, I was happier when I traded it away.
They are fun to shoot but not my cup of tea.

If you really think the AUG on par with AR sales or use in the USA you are clueless.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top