BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This, what’s a realistic number? 10,000 ar-15s sold per every 1 aug ?
View Quote

Not everyone can afford a superior product. It keeps the bullpup forum free of most degeneracy which is a bonus.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/OVDH7JOSnikAAAAd/serious-laugh-harder.gif
Yeah that’s why the Australian SAS uses M4s

The only reason the MoD bought AUGs was to save money because they are cheap plastic guns that meet the minimum specs. Like glocks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't speak in regards to the country, but Australia has a first class Light-Infantry force that is internationally respected, and the AUG has performed well in combat world wide in their, and other countries hands.

https://media.tenor.com/OVDH7JOSnikAAAAd/serious-laugh-harder.gif
Yeah that’s why the Australian SAS uses M4s

The only reason the MoD bought AUGs was to save money because they are cheap plastic guns that meet the minimum specs. Like glocks.

Aussies ran trials between the M16 and the AUG. The Aug won out by a decent margin, enough to justify the price difference, ‘cuz the AUG was more expensive last time I checked.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s always nice when someone’s attempt at being edgy becomes an unintentional humor thread.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#4]
If they sold 200k in the past 5 years that would surprise me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, the boomer is strong in GD today. So many can't see the trolling
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Aussies ran trials between the M16 and the AUG. The Aug won out by a decent margin, enough to justify the price difference, ‘cuz the AUG was more expensive last time I checked.
View Quote

No; the Aussies wanted to make them (M16s) on their own to their spec and pay a license fee. Colt wouldn’t agree to it, Steyr did. It’s a much cheaper for them in the long run and allows indigenous manufacturing.

When did you last price check an Austeyr F88??
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It’s always nice when someone’s attempt at being edgy becomes an unintentional humor thread.
View Quote

Who said it was unintentional? GD can get kind of stale every now and then.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You can't die hard with an AR15
View Quote
Nailed it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I got my AUG because I’ve wanted one since I was a kid in the 80’s. It’s the same reason I have a MP5 clone when the MPX is probably much better. I have more AR’s than I need. They all look the same, I have no nostalgic feelings toward them, they’re just like hammers or socket wrenches to me. The AUG is cool and I’m old enough now to buy what I want for no good reason.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
lol

Put up some sales numbers.
View Quote

DKNI
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:18:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone who doesn't think he's trolling needs to recalibrate their meter.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#12]
4/20 post, fueled by height
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#13]
AUGs are trashcan guns with HK prices.    Juice not worth the squeeze.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#14]
The AUG is an awesome rifle. I have owned three of them. Just have the one A3 model right now. Sold my A1 and A2 models sadly. The AUG isn't as customizable as the AR-15.

I've owned a dozen AR-15's though. Still own 5 of them. The AR is a great platform that you can setup in so many different ways. Different calibers, barrel lengths, even got a belt-fed!!

The AUG is basically a bullpup AR18. You may notice the bolt looks very similar on the AUG and AR-15. But the AUG has the AR18 short stroke gas piston design instead of the DI gas system of the AR15.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#15]
They're particularly impressive with the 6mm scope they use
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Exactly.

Buy 1 AR15
Buy 1 X95 Tavor
Buy 1 AUG
Buy 1 SCAR
Buy 1 Galil
etc
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Exactly.

Buy 1 AR15
Buy 1 X95 Tavor
Buy 1 AUG
Buy 1 SCAR
Buy 1 Galil
etc

one is none
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like them all.
Both are fine rifles, but in the end the AR would win out in a battle or SHTF scenario for just parts availability if nothing else.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19372/3BBEE76A-3733-472F-A6C8-F95F896207F7_jpe-2789769.JPG
View Quote

This is part of why I sold my custom STG-556 and switched to ARs...
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#18]
ARs and AUGs are the only 5.56 rifles I've owned and of the two I prefer the AUG overall.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've got a couple AUGs.  Great guns.  I'd still grab an AR over the AUG for serious business.
View Quote
Same.

That being said.  If just need a gun around in case in might need it, the AUG wins every single time.

If I were to KNOW trouble is brewing....it's a Colt AR every time. (former 11B so I play to my strengths )
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#20]
FPNI
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So I've been wondering about this.

American's love of the Steyr AUG is evident in sales.

Why do so many choose the AUG over the AR? I can certainly answer this question for myself, but I cannot speak for others.

For me, it's a simple matter of the superior reliability and parts durability, especially in adverse conditions over an AR.

The AR is designed to have parts that are easily replaceable. The AUG is designed so that parts simply do not break. They can last significantly higher round counts than the AR before parts start breaking. You can shoot an AUG over the course of your lifetime without needing to replace anything.

What about you? It's it because you know the AUG is simply a cooler/superior platform?

Soon enough, will the AUG be the new "America's rifle?"  
View Quote

I know the term “retard” is viewed through a pejorative Lense, but in this specific case, calling you a retard is probably the correct usage of the word.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No; the Aussies wanted to make them (M16s) on their own to their spec and pay a license fee. Colt wouldn't agree to it, Steyr did. It's a much cheaper for them in the long run and allows indigenous manufacturing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aussies ran trials between the M16 and the AUG. The Aug won out by a decent margin, enough to justify the price difference, 'cuz the AUG was more expensive last time I checked.

No; the Aussies wanted to make them (M16s) on their own to their spec and pay a license fee. Colt wouldn't agree to it, Steyr did. It's a much cheaper for them in the long run and allows indigenous manufacturing.

yes, but the AUG still handily beat the M16A2 in the trials

Australian Rifle Trials Report
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:22:38 PM EDT
[#24]
The Tavor is the superior bullpup, and it's sales are only a fraction of the AR market.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Tavor is the superior bullpup, and it's sales are only a fraction of the AR market.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been rated "Troll" yet.

I think that should be the default setting for all Skyler2000 threads.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better than realitycheck calling the board racists.

Harmless trolling and as op stated, gd is vanilla .
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Do they make a left hand version?
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Do they make a left hand version?
View Quote

With a bolt swap it is.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a friend with a Steyr-Aug. I have fired it a few times. Nice enough in many ways but damn that trigger sucks compared to a good AR15 trigger.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#33]
if you had said it looks cooler than most AR's I could see. but While im sure the few that come in sell well.  I don't think it outsells AR's overall.  Maybe in one area or something.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Get both
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Jeez. For one, while I do believe in the superiority of the AUG over the AR, some of you should be able to see the partial tongue in cheek humor injected into my OP. I do think the AUG has many advantages over the AR. That being said, the AR is a damn fine rifle and will likely never be dethroned in the U.S in our lifetimes, even though I do believe the AUG deserves more attention. If the AUG were to magically soar in popularity over the AR in a year, I would actually very be pleasantly surprised. I do believe the AUG is one of the finest 5.56 rifles ever made.

I wanted to liven up GD with something other than stale convos about coworkers, politics. or social issues.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:15:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:34:35 AM EDT
[#37]
For me, its the McChicken.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Why do so many choose the AUG over the AR? I can certainly answer this question for myself, but I cannot speak for others.

For me, it's a simple matter of the superior reliability and parts durability, especially in adverse conditions over an AR.

The AR is designed to have parts that are easily replaceable. The AUG is designed so that parts simply do not break. They can last significantly higher round counts than the AR before parts start breaking. You can shoot an AUG over the course of your lifetime without needing to replace anything.

What about you? It's it because you know the AUG is simply a cooler/superior platform?

View Quote

I'd wager the part in bold is equally applicable to the AR-15 for the majority of private users.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:37:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Jeez. For one, while I do believe in the superiority of the AUG over the AR, some of you should be able to see the partial tongue in cheek humor injected into my OP. I do think the AUG has many advantages over the AR. That being said, the AR is a damn fine rifle and will likely never be dethroned in the U.S in our lifetimes, even though I do believe the AUG deserves more attention. If the AUG were to magically soar in popularity over the AR in a year, I would actually very be pleasantly surprised. I do believe the AUG is one of the finest 5.56 rifles ever made.

I wanted to liven up GD with something other than stale convos about coworkers, politics. or social issues.
View Quote

Nice try. Fun is verboten here.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:48:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Gentlemen, Today is April 20th: 420. It's fairly obvious how this post came about.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:50:19 AM EDT
[#41]
I cant say i have even seen one personally
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:51:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

In the immortal words of a certain mod,  lol.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:54:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Die Hard is a Christmas movie it also had that rifle in it.

Also let’s see how many of those exist versus the AR platform also parts replacement availability plus cost to procure those parts.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:58:09 AM EDT
[#44]
I feel like this post was written by a discount chat gpt.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 1:01:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The AUG is a superior rifle, in regards to reliability in adverse conditions alone.
View Quote

Thatis an interesting claim since virtually every nation that uses the AUG issues m-4 derivatives to their special operations when reliability in adverse conditions really matter.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 1:04:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Like it or not, the AUG mag may be the best mag on planet Earth.
View Quote

30 years ago. Now there are much better mags.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 1:08:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like it or not, the AUG mag may be the best mag on planet Earth.

I think you mean that 30 years later, AR mags have finally caught up to the AUG mag
And the top of all of them might be the AUG pmag
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 1:26:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Why do you care which rifle people prefer?
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 1:29:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 1:44:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
A gun so good that the SOF component of countries that issue it to their military choose to use an AR pattern rifle?

Australian SAS

https://special-ops.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/SASR-operator.jpg  

New Zealand SAS

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/indepth/national/inside-the-nzsas/assets/Xyn2yU3yyG/sas_cover-2560x1440.jpeg

Irish Rangers

https://i.redd.it/m9ltfskwpf261.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top