Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont know a single person that has one in reality

It would be the bullpup Id buy. I mean if I were going to buy a bullpup
View Quote

I got one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:10:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I feel like the AUG got stuck in time and should have gotten a refresh. It has outdated quirks. Proprietary magazine / doesn't work right with STANAG, bizarre trigger, no modularity and outdated mounting options.

Seems like Steyr just need to refresh it, the way the AR today is updated compared to 1970.

Then it would be the best gun.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:11:10 AM EDT
[#4]
They don't
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#5]
As a general rule, bullpup owners have homosexual tendencies and mental issues.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have several and I would agree on the mental issues aspect.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Like it or not, the AUG mag may be the best mag on planet Earth.
View Quote

That honor goes to AK steel mags.  You can't pound in tent stakes or beat the enemy to death with a plastic AUG mag.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 8:24:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I never see antifa defend drag shows with AUGs it's always ARs what does that tell you?
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The only AUGs that I know of are owned by people on this forum. Not a single person I know IRL owns an AUG, they’re all ARs.
View Quote

Same. I had one of those shitty msar augs years ago and while it was neat looking I didn't like the manual of arms or the trigger pull. What I did like was how fast you can take one down and clean it.
Maybe if the one I had didn't eat extractors like a fat kid at a candy buffet I may have liked it more. I may never know because I wouldn't pay the overpriced cost they are selling for now to see how I like it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 8:53:58 AM EDT
[#11]
OP smokes crack in his jail cell.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 9:06:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I feel like the AUG got stuck in time and should have gotten a refresh. It has outdated quirks. Proprietary magazine / doesn't work right with STANAG, bizarre trigger, no modularity and outdated mounting options.

Seems like Steyr just need to refresh it, the way the AR today is updated compared to 1970.

Then it would be the best gun.
View Quote
what does 'no modularity' mean in your world?

and proprietary mags are a plus in this case. esp when AUG pmags are $15

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

As an AUG owner, you're delusional.

ETA: Or trolling.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A gun so good that the SOF component of countries that issue it to their military choose to use an AR pattern rifle?

Australian SAS

https://special-ops.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/SASR-operator.jpg  

New Zealand SAS

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/indepth/national/inside-the-nzsas/assets/Xyn2yU3yyG/sas_cover-2560x1440.jpeg

Irish Rangers

https://i.redd.it/m9ltfskwpf261.jpg

Those SOF units use the M4 because of cross compatibility with the U.S., not because it's a better rifle.

I've worked closely with the Aussie SAS for years.  Straight from their Operators mouths: M-16 outclass the AUG and they have the latitude to pick their own weapons.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#14]
My son owns one and I shot his AUG for the first time a few days ago and I really enjoyed it.

I was actually a little quicker doing Up drills with the AOG than my BCM AR.
Both had an optic. Aug had a PA 1x prism and BCM had Trijicon LPVO set to 1x.

I liked it so much I have considered buying one for myself.
Super handy.

However I highly doubt that my fellow Americans prefer the AUG over
some flavor of AR.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I never see antifa defend drag shows with AUGs it's always ARs what does that tell you?
View Quote
That even militant anarcho-communists have some standards.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've worked closely with the Aussie SAS for years.  Straight from their Operators mouths: M-16 outclass the AUG and they have the latitude to pick their own weapons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A gun so good that the SOF component of countries that issue it to their military choose to use an AR pattern rifle?

Australian SAS

https://special-ops.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/SASR-operator.jpg  

New Zealand SAS

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/indepth/national/inside-the-nzsas/assets/Xyn2yU3yyG/sas_cover-2560x1440.jpeg

Irish Rangers

https://i.redd.it/m9ltfskwpf261.jpg

Those SOF units use the M4 because of cross compatibility with the U.S., not because it's a better rifle.

The few that I flew around all carried M4s.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Bull crap.
View Quote

Language, bud!  That kinda stuff may be tolerated on other forums, but this here is AR15.com.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Not at 1900-2500  for 1
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought an AR before I bought and AUG, but I prefer to shoot the Aug namely because it just fits me well.

Don’t think I will give up either though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So I've been wondering about this.

American's love of the Steyr AUG is evident in sales.

Why do so many choose the AUG over the AR? I can certainly answer this question for myself, but I cannot speak for others.

For me, it's a simple matter of the superior reliability and parts durability, especially in adverse conditions over an AR.

The AR is designed to have parts that are easily replaceable. The AUG is designed so that parts simply do not break. They can last significantly higher round counts than the AR before parts start breaking. You can shoot an AUG over the course of your lifetime without needing to replace anything.

What about you? It's it because you know the AUG is simply a cooler/superior platform?

Soon enough, will the AUG be the new "America's rifle?"  
View Quote

Just No .
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
They were supposed to have switched back to the AUG when their new version (the F90) came out a few years ago
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I have an AUG as well. I'm not very fond of the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have an AUG as well. I'm not very fond of the trigger.
View Quote

Get the new springs from Steyr. They make a huge difference
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#24]
It's SBR short.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I dont know a single person that has one in reality

It would be the bullpup Id buy. I mean if I were going to buy a bullpup
View Quote
same
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why do so many choose the AUG over the AR? I can certainly answer this question for myself, but I cannot speak for others.

For me, it's a simple matter of the superior reliability and parts durability, especially in adverse conditions over an AR.

The AR is designed to have parts that are easily replaceable. The AUG is designed so that parts simply do not break. They can last significantly higher round counts than the AR before parts start breaking. You can shoot an AUG over the course of your lifetime without needing to replace anything.

What about you? It's it because you know the AUG is simply a cooler/superior platform?

View Quote
Yeah! And men that dress like women are women too!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They were supposed to have switched back to the AUG when their new version (the F90) came out a few years ago
View Quote

I wish Thales wouldn't have said "no military murder machines for you yanks!"...

Would love to have the 88/90.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#29]
AUG is AUGsome.

But I'm pretty sure PSA sold more AR's in a year then AUG sales worldwide over the last 40 years.

I know Pete at PJ Steyr AUG said that the Tavor sold more units in the US in its first 12-18 months then the AUG had sold in the US in 30 years.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I know Pete at PJ Steyr AUG said that the Tavor sold more units in the US in its first 12-18 months then the AUG had sold in the US in 30 years.
View Quote

How many Tavors would have sold if they were banned from import like the AUG?
Not a matter of the rifle, but of US laws.

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That even militant anarcho-communists have some standards.
View Quote

Sorry I can't hear you over the cost of my Aug and it's robust engineering. And I'm ok with that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They stuck with the Diemaco M4 guns and 416’s.  

18Z50
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top