Jew is a race.  DNA proven.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Consider me ignorant.  

Are you saying that you can’t tell someone’s race by their dna?
View Quote

As almost everyone knows there are any number of ways in which the races are biologically distinct. He is merely repeating a common platitude that midwits tell themselves to feel better about the world.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Race is a social construct with no basis in science.

It is by its nature a racist concept.
View Quote

This sounds like the type of shit that liberals say lol
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
There was once two iron age kingdoms, called Judah and Israel (aka Samaria). Both were nations consisting of an ethnic group called Hebrews. Judah was ruled by the descendants of a legendary king named David. Israel was destroyed in 700 BC by the Assyrians. Judah was destroyed and its' elites exiled to Babylon in 586 BC. When the Persians conquered Babylon, they let the descendants of the Judahite elites move back. Jews are the descendants of folks who lived in the Kingdom of Judah. Judah was rebuilt as a client state of Persia, and later the Seleucid Empire after the Greek conquest of Persia. An independent Judean kingdom was established with the expulsion of the Greeks around 200 BC after they really pissed off the Jews by making pagan sacrifices in the temple. Rome conquered Judah, now called the Roman province of Judaea, around 60 BC. Their client king was kind of an asshole. A rather famous Jewish kid was born in a barn in the city where the legendary King David was born, called Bethlehem, during a Roman census. Eventually the Judeans got sick of Roman rule, just as they had grown sick of Greek rule, and initiated a series of three revolts. The third one, in 135 AD, pissed the Romans off so much that they banished every Jew from the levant, with groups seeking refuge all over the place, eventually in central Europe, Spain, Egypt and modern day Iraq.

Modern Jews are primarily the descendants of the Kingdom of Judah, plus the descendants of Samarians who fled to Judah after the Assyrian conquest. Jewish culture is historically extremely intertwined with their religion, but this is less true in the modern era. So yes, one can be Jewish in an ethnic or cultural sense, because your greatX87 grandpa was from Judah and you don't eat pork, and not believe God is real.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would argue that science is a social construct.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Its my ethnicity not my religion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's going on there?

All the whiteys who have abandoned Christianity don't refer to themselves as Christians.

And aren't there a bunch of ethnicities under the Jewish banner?

What gives?

Its my ethnicity not my religion.

Thanks for the response. Wouldn't it make sense to differentiate the two? It seems confusing. Is that purposely confusing?
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So you can be a Jewish Catholic? Because I've known many "Jewish" folks who were like English, Scottish and German for example
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's their ethnicity.

So you can be a Jewish Catholic? Because I've known many "Jewish" folks who were like English, Scottish and German for example

I think Jesus of Nazareth was one of the first Jewish Catholics.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What's going on there?

All the whiteys who have abandoned Christianity don't refer to themselves as Christians.

What gives?
View Quote

That's what I say, what gives? why do you care OP?
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I have nothing to add to this thread.  I am an ethnically Ashkenazi Jewish agnostic.  I lived in Israel; I served in the IDF.  I don't practice,I eat pork.  I consider myself more Jewish than many orthodox fuckers, dressed like fucking penguins who think that their way is the only way to be a Jew
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's probably like how if someone is 1/2 or 1/4 black, they always consider themselves black.

Native Americans do it as well.

It's lucrative to be in the minority now.
View Quote

With black people it does make sense, as your physical characteristics are readily identifiable and greatly impacted by it. Even being Hispanic/Latino though, after you're 1/4 Hispanic and 3/4 white, you are pretty much indistinguishable from other full blooded white people. That's the case with my nieces. Their grandmother is from Mexico, but you would never know it. Most "Jewish" people in the US are indistinguishable from "non-Jewish" white people. You have to go to Israel to actually see people that you would readily identify differently.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Some of you guys need to get out more and see the world.  

View Quote

That could be said in almost every thread here.

I never thought it was possible for so many “functional” adults to be this insulated
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

With black people it does make sense, as your physical characteristics are readily identifiable and greatly impacted by it. Even being Hispanic/Latino though, after you're 1/4 Hispanic and 3/4 white, you are pretty much indistinguishable from other full blooded white people. That's the case with my nieces. Their grandmother is from Mexico, but you would never know it. Most "Jewish" people in the US are indistinguishable from "non-Jewish" white people. You have to go to Israel to actually see people that you would readily identify differently.
View Quote

When I lived in USSR, 100% ethnic Jews were very recognizable in the predominantly slavic country - certain facial features - big lips, big noses, narrowly set eyes, more facial hair, darker skin.  there were amyn mutts in different colors

when I moved to Israel it was the first time I saw 100% ethnic Jews being so diverse - Ashkenazi - blonds, Sephardic - looking like Arabs, Ethiopian - black Jews...

Irish are still Irish, but they are just "white people"
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Physical lineage:  Abraham -> Isaac -> Jacob -> twelve tribes -> Jews.

Abraham -> Ishmael -> not Jews

Abraham-> Isaac -> Esau -> not Jews
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bullshit talking point.  DNA is different between races.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's their ethnicity.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:31:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Bullshit talking point.  DNA is different between races.
View Quote
DNA is different between hair colors too (and I don't just mean that the DNA of brunettes is different than blondes) -- brunettes and blondes are affected differently by disease and people of a hair-colored genome have other similarities.

So, I think what is at the core of this issue is subjectivity, that is where are we choosing to group and categorize. Race and ethnicity are subjective contructs and used for description.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:36:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Because being able to claim victim status when current events favor it, is a huge benefit.
View Quote
Like during the Holocaust? The nazis didn't care who was a practicing jew.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:39:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes. It is an ethnicity. I have a friend who's Dad converted from Judaism to Christianity to marry his mother. He is very Christian and refers to himself as half-Jewish.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:40:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Like during the Holocaust?
View Quote
Not fair to equate that with today because the State of Israel exists now... yes I'm aware there are Jews who are not Israeli.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:44:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

the final boss of boomerism
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:15:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I call people like Schumer, Billy Joel, etc., 'Convenient Jews'.
They probably go to Temple once a year(if that), and become 'Jewish' when it's in their best interest.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#24]
These was a Seinfeld episode that addressed this phenomenon.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol, not all. Smaller number than your think
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
How many races are there now by DNA?
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Similar thread about Christianity would have been locked 12 hours ago.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Many people have been turned away from Jesus by people claiming they are a "religous moniker".

Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Same reason people with Italian heritage , whos family has lived in the US for multiple generations, still call themselves Italian.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Same with Catholics.  I have "Catholic" friends who are so proud to tell everyone they are Catholic, but they haven't been to church or mass or whatever they call it since they were little kids.

Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#31]
My dad's 4th wife told everyone she was Jewish. She went to synagogue, I don't remember but I think she still ate pork anyway...she died

Her 60+ year old daughter came down from Delaware to handle her affairs. (My dad already died about 3 years before)

I said something about a Jewish service and her daughter looked at me like I was crazy

"Jewish???? Where did you get that? We're Methodists"

Oh!...Dad (her mom's first husband) was always cussing about Those Gawd-damm Jews"...mom did it because she hated dad and she knew it drove him crazy..."

She built her own religion on lies, out of hate for her first husband, and set the example for her 3 now-geriatric adult children...

With apologies to all my Israeli and IDF brethren
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
What's going on there?

All the whiteys who have abandoned the Caucasus Mts don't refer to themselves as Caucasian.

And aren't there a bunch of ethnicities under the Caucasian banner?

What gives?
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Messianic Jews are christians.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Native Americans do it as well.

It's lucrative to be in the minority now.
View Quote

Yeah, The Dawes Roll has made it possible for someone to declare themself 1/1,200th "oppressed"
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's their ethnicity.

You are born Jewish. You're not born Catholic.

They are still Jewish, just practicing Catholicism.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Virtue signaling.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#37]
because if i forget im jewish someone will remind me. thats the antisemitism part so i make sure that i dont forget.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 10:19:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I call people like Schumer, Billy Joel, etc., 'Convenient Jews'.
They probably go to Temple once a year(if that), and become 'Jewish' when it's in their best interest.
View Quote

In simplistic terms, a synagogue is a social club and learning center, not a Jewish church. There is no requirement  for a Jew to ever enter a synagogue.

Link Posted: 1/12/2024 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Because it is both an ethnicity and a religion under the same name.  You can be Jewish and not practice Judaism as a religion. People cannot choose their DNA; they can choose their religion

It's not like being a Catholic or a Baptist or a Buddhist, as there's no racial component involved in any of those (or in most) religions.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am a Mizrahi Jew.

Jews are an ethnic-religious group indigenous to the Levant.

Their ethnic identity is tired very closely to cultural norms. So according to Jewish law you cannot be a Jewish-Catholic.

However according to DNA you most certainly could.

You need to think of Jews are a tribal affiliation and not just a religion. I would define a “Jew” as someone who is descendant from the tribes that comprised the ancient Kingdom of Judah.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Jews can be religious, ethnic and racial.

Anyone can be a Jew by belief but they are genetically identifiable, and ethnically distinct from other groups even in the Jewish community.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#42]
A lot of cultural Jews highly value education.  
An educated person doesn't have true faith, unless they self-delude.  
So there is a strong culture of secularism within Jewish tradition.
Toeing the party line isn't as important in cultural Judaism as it is in Cultural Christianity.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Non-practicing Jews see themselves as Jewish because romans, arabs, nazis and commies would treat them the same?
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Similar thread about Christianity would have been locked 12 hours ago.
View Quote

What? I'm not attacking anyone.

But I saw that Hollywood thread where the Jews wanted to be included in the DEI push in the Oscars. It got me thinking.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What's going on there?

All the whiteys who have abandoned the Caucasus Mts don't refer to themselves as Caucasian.

What gives?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What's going on there?

What gives?

The guys in the Caucasus aren't white? White is such a vague moniker.

Were there white guys in the Caucasus? Maybe just Alexander's old LT's.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Except that the jews from the bible and modern jews likely do not jive.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A lot of cultural Jews highly value education.  
An educated person doesn't have true faith, unless they self-delude.  
So there is a strong culture of secularism within Jewish tradition.
Toeing the party line isn't as important in cultural Judaism as it is in Cultural Christianity.
View Quote

How educated are you?

Faith is quite a powerful tool for humans.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What's going on there?

What gives?
View Quote

"Jews" like Big Whoopi Goldberg gain an advantage in business circles.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top