BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm actually in the nonhuman primate biomedical field.  HIV studies using NHP are predominantly carried out in Indian-origin rhesus macaques as they are more likely to become infected with SIV (Simian Immunodeficiency Virus).

The ongoing research in HIV is well documented.  While I am not involved in this particular study that is referenced, I can tell you that $200,000 buys you less than 30 Indian origin rhesus monkeys.

While Fauci is a train wreck, it's really not fair to smear legitimate research just because his name is connected to a study as he is the top Administrator at NIAID.  Gun owners are well accustomed to accusations being made citing data that is out of context or conflated.  Don't fall for the PETA narrative.
View Quote
I don't think anyone intends to smear legitimate research.  It's the definition of "legitimate" that gets ya.  Most of us see this study the same as we'd see a study putting bikinis on monkeys because we're trying to figure out why people in bikinis get more sunburns than people in track suits.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Uh, because they are actually gay men?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:42:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Could someone explain to me in simple terms like you're explaining to a 5 year old:
How do gay men get HIV/AIDS from anal sex, however if a Male gives anal sex to a female, neither of them (Male/Female) gets HIV/AIDS.
Aren't all anuses the same on the human body?

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Could someone explain to me in simple terms like you're explaining to a 5 year old:
How do gay men get HIV/AIDS from anal sex, however if a Male gives anal sex to a female, neither of them (Male/Female) gets HIV/AIDS.

View Quote

IIRC I think it's the sheer amount of "teh buttsex" they have.
It's not that the guy is having sex with 1 partner.
It's that you have 2 male sex drives, and neither can get pregnant at all.

In one of the threads GD did, IIRC someone had some factoid about, "hundreds of partners isn't unheard of at all in that community."

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:00:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

queer is possible without being lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, or transgender.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:07:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well they are really just gay men, soooooo…..
View Quote

Bingo!

They're gay men with even more mental issues than the standard gay man.  But saying that hurts people's feelings nowadays, so...
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:09:14 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I certainly hope they get to the bottom of this.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-96.gif

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You could think of rectal tissue as being like tiles laid edge to edge in a single layer, and vaginal tissue as a shingle roof with three layers. Rubbing on the tiles opens up tiny gaps between them.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:31:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

In one of the threads GD did, IIRC someone had some factoid about, "hundreds of partners isn't unheard of at all in that community."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lamooooooooo

Try into the thousands.

I can't find the article but it's somewhere's in NYTs archive, but like the gays that had a few hundred partners didn't normally get AIDS, but the ones with a few thousand did.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:40:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's not like a man having anal intercourse with a(n organic) woman can't transmit the HIV bug to her; it's just far less likely if the man is a heterosexual male who does not have the large number of partners typical of a promiscuous gay man.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Uh, because they are actually gay men?
View Quote

Troof!  Fudge packing was dangerous in the '80s when AIDS came out and guess what, that hasn't changed.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
If a woman is receiving unprotected anal sex from an HIV positive man, I'd expect she'd have the same chances of contracting the disease as a gay man receiving unprotected anal sex from an HIV positive man.  But the odds the gay man giving anal sex to another man is HIV positive might be 1-in-5 versus 1-in-100 for the random straight guy giving it to a woman.  Then consider the gay man is far more likely to have hundreds of sexual partners, and the sex the woman has is generally not anal.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Unprotected anal sex.

Make the check out to cash please.
View Quote
Sure that's the answer, and we could still pay out the full grant amount, but then we wouldn't get to torture a bunch of animals.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Females can contract HIV through anal sex.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He is around?

It's very funny to me how arfcom is all "that's a man I don't care what you say, I'm not changing my language to accommodate your mental illness,"

Also arfcom when mentioning eesmith: She's around.

The dissonance is real
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's around. I saw her posting recently.

He is around?

It's very funny to me how arfcom is all "that's a man I don't care what you say, I'm not changing my language to accommodate your mental illness,"

Also arfcom when mentioning eesmith: She's around.

The dissonance is real

Respect maybe?   Some people have earned respect.  Others simply demand you do as they say.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#16]
It's probably because they don't take their time
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

lamooooooooo

Try into the thousands.

I can't find the article but it's somewhere's in NYTs archive, but like the gays that had a few hundred partners didn't normally get AIDS, but the ones with a few thousand did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lamooooooooo

Try into the thousands.

IIRC wasn't one of the original HIV carriers a male flight attendant who, basically flew around the world bonking as many dudes as he could, and spread it far and wide?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

IIRC wasn't one of the original HIV carriers a male flight attendant who, basically flew around the world bonking as many dudes as he could, and spread it far and wide?
View Quote
KLM, IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:
KLM, IIRC.
View Quote

yeah...I am not one to judge, but fuck man, you can't expect to not catch an STD when you are traveling the world having unprotected butt seggs with thousands of people.

He mat have been the super spreader, but there is a case of a kid around the mid west that actually died from AIDS in the 70s. First case...it probably wasn't very transmissible back then, but then the gay men turned up the rick vectors to 11 and here we are.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
KLM, IIRC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

KLM, IIRC.

Gaetan Dugas, the guy was like the first example of a well-known super-spreader. He had sex with others at a rate of something like 1 person every 30 hours. Everyone thought he started the epidemic of HIV. It turned out he wasn't a unique thing, he wasn't patient zero, there were others like him.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Gaetan Dugas, the guy was like the first example of a well-known super-spreader. He had sex with others at a rate of something like 1 person every 30 hours. Everyone thought he started the epidemic of HIV. It turned out he wasn't a unique thing, he wasn't patient zero, there were others like him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

KLM, IIRC.

It's a gross but interesting story about that guy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Your tax dollars at work.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
He certainly did his part, though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if he was a power bottom
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:35:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Poor decision making.

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#27]

By looking at the numbers you'll notice that transmission from bottom to top is much lower than the other way around.  Homosexual men thus fit into the highest risk categories for spreading and contracting.  While for hetero couples the risk of men contacting from women and continuing the spread is many times lower.  

Essentially men are the spreaders, and among gays they continue to pass it to other spreaders, reinforcing the cycle.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 3:22:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://stanfordhealthcare.org/medical-conditions/sexual-and-reproductive-health/hiv-aids/causes/risk-of-exposure/_jcr_content/tab-nav-component/tab-nav-parsys/imagewithcaption/image.img.480.medium.jpg/1474753972285.jpg

By looking at the numbers you'll notice that transmission from bottom to top is much lower than the other way around.  Homosexual men thus fit into the highest risk categories for spreading and contracting.  While for hetero couples the risk of men contacting from women and continuing the spread is many times lower.  

Essentially men are the spreaders, and among gays they continue to pass it to other spreaders, reinforcing the cycle.
View Quote

Why isn't one of the listed risk reduction factors "condoms"? ??
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top