BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I live in one of the territories and this is true!

Puerto Rico and the rest of the territories would return to a 3rd world  situation almost overnight if the federal money would be turned off.

We already suffer power outages, potable water issues, roads that would be in better condition if the airforce cluster bombed them.
Billions of dollars disappears into the black hole  of the territories and yet we have barely anything to show for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Same for all of our territories.

Puerto Rico and the rest of the territories would return to a 3rd world  situation almost overnight if the federal money would be turned off.

We already suffer power outages, potable water issues, roads that would be in better condition if the airforce cluster bombed them.
Billions of dollars disappears into the black hole  of the territories and yet we have barely anything to show for it.
Alabama and Mississippi would probably go feral too if the money spigot was turned off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Alabama and Mississippi would probably go feral too if the money spigot was turned off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Same for all of our territories.

Alabama builds rockets which is pretty cool but yeah Mississippi would be even crazier than it already is
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#3]
ETA: This was a big-ass tree that got destroyed. There were trees like it all over the place. There were several places where trees got stripped not only of their leaves but even a lot of the bark.

We flew into the USVI right after Irma / Maria and it was totally a strange landscape looking out the window.

It looked like late fall in the NE, every tree and bush was stripped of their leaves, completely bare.

Several weeks later green again.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Because arepas.  Because tostones, medalla, piononos, empanadas, arroz con habicheluelas, pollo guisado, pasteles, and mofongo.

I like Puerto Rico.

Because David at the little oceanside restaurant in Las Croabas makes the best mojito on the planet.
View Quote

Don't forget Morcilla.

I drank a ton of Medalla over the years in PR.  The locals I drank with joked that, despite me looking enough like a local to fool people, my drinking Medalla gave me away as a gringo.

I was taken to "The Restaurant for Mofongo" one night.  We traveled quite a ways outside San Juan to get there.  It wasn't bad but I was extremely underwhelmed.  It's probably my least favorite PR dish.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:20:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So the ultra-wealthy can escape taxes.

View Quote

hardly have to be "ultra-wealthy"

just a little bit smart
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've spent many a day and night in PR.  It wasn't until my 5th trip there that the locals let me drive a car around by myself.  Up to that point I was always driven everywhere by one of the locals.
View Quote

Why?  It's not like driving in Thailand or China

Seriously.  What part of driving in PR was so scary to you you couldn't do it till your 5th trip?

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Iowa demands their corn be made into faggot fuel to destroy your engine. Fuck Iowa
View Quote

You still don't know much about how fuel systems work and yet you don't let that lack of knowledge slow you down whatsoever.  In fact.  You boldly go forth on a public internet forum and put that lack of knowledge on full display for everyone to see and proudly declare "my understanding of engines stopped in 1988 and by gum that is good enough for me to know everything from here on out".

Yep, gotta admire someone willing to stick to their guns no matter how ignorant they know they sound.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Seriously.  What part of driving in PR was so scary to you you couldn't do it till your 5th trip?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've spent many a day and night in PR.  It wasn't until my 5th trip there that the locals let me drive a car around by myself.  Up to that point I was always driven everywhere by one of the locals.

90% of the time I spent in PR was as my Agency's lead for Hurricane restoration in PR, SC & ST.  The other 10% was to teach a course related to my primary job.  In both of those cases the locals treated me much like a VIP.  They insisted that they chauffer me around partially due to my perceived status and partially to ensure I did not end up somewhere I shouldn't.  After I had been there several times & developed a personal relationship with them, I was seen more like regular.  I usually stayed at the ESJ Towers (sometimes for months at a time) and it was very close to our main office near the airport so it was easy for someone to swing by and pick me up on their way to the office.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You still don't know much about how fuel systems work and yet you don't let that lack of knowledge slow you down whatsoever.  In fact.  You boldly go forth on a public internet forum and put that lack of knowledge on full display for everyone to see and proudly declare "my understanding of engines stopped in 1988 and by gum that is good enough for me to know everything from here on out".

Yep, gotta admire someone willing to stick to their guns no matter how ignorant they know they sound.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Iowa demands their corn be made into faggot fuel to destroy your engine. Fuck Iowa

You're supposed to like the Huskers not Iowa
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Don't forget Morcilla.

I drank a ton of Medalla over the years in PR.  The locals I drank with joked that, despite me looking enough like a local to fool people, my drinking Medalla gave me away as a gringo.

I was taken to "The Restaurant for Mofongo" one night.  We traveled quite a ways outside San Juan to get there.  It wasn't bad but I was extremely underwhelmed.  It's probably my least favorite PR dish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because arepas.  Because tostones, medalla, piononos, empanadas, arroz con habicheluelas, pollo guisado, pasteles, and mofongo.

I like Puerto Rico.

Because David at the little oceanside restaurant in Las Croabas makes the best mojito on the planet.

Don't forget Morcilla.

The national beer of PR is coors light.  I know this.

Not the biggest mofongo fan, but the best I’ve had (mofongo de jueyes) was in Fajardo.  Neighborhood was dangerous (the cab driver called to have them open the door and we called him when we were ready to leave), but the food was excellent.

Best pasteles I had were in the condado (it used to be a shitty neighborhood too, but it may all be high rise resorts now)… it was half restaurant, half laundromat.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

You sound like a corn lobbyist. State checks out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everybody loves cornhuskers when they can't find corncobs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link to your TED Talk about how ethanol is the future?
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top