Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In for the yearly Puerto Rican hate thread.  I grew up on the island,  born and raised.  We have a ton of issues as any place does. But our people serve our country as much as anyone and am proud to be a part of the United States.  Don't want to hear shit about how fucked up PR is when y'all let Joe and the Hoe in the office,  Obama el maricon is still running around, Dylan Mulvaney is all over your TV, New Orleans, Houston and Memphis are like war zones, and our federal debt clock runs faster than your moms drawers falling on the floor.
View Quote

Truth. Big fucking glass house

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In for the yearly Puerto Rican hate thread.  I grew up on the island,  born and raised.  We have a ton of issues as any place does. But our people serve our country as much as anyone and am proud to be a part of the United States.  Don't want to hear shit about how fucked up PR is when y'all let Joe and the Hoe in the office,  Obama el maricon is still running around, Dylan Mulvaney is all over your TV, New Orleans, Houston and Memphis are like war zones, and our federal debt clock runs faster than your moms drawers falling on the floor.
View Quote

No no brother we do get to do that

The entire beauty of decentralized government ideology is we get to hate on literally everything but our state.

I for example hate Iowa for its lack of culture and shilling for ethanol.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I can name you numerous other states I hate, to include Puerto Rico.

In fact I view it as a challenge, name me a state or territory to hate. I will happily shit on them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

In fact I view it as a challenge, name me a state or territory to hate. I will happily shit on them.
View Quote

Diego Garcia—disregard

Eta

USVI

Eta

I hate Rhode Island
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Diego Garcia—disregard

Eta

USVI

Eta

I hate Rhode Island
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Diego Garcia—disregard

Eta

USVI

Eta

I hate Rhode Island

Virgin Islands are gay because they want to be British but the Brits are too gay to be Imperial.

Rhode Island is literally founded on running away from how retarded Massachusetts is but with no sense of itself or any better ideas other than Massachusetts is retarded.

I mean they're right but that's a really weak state foundation
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Virgin Islands are gay because they want to be British but the Brits are too gay to be Imperial.

Rhode Island is literally founded on running away from how retarded Massachusetts is but with no sense of itself or any better ideas other than Massachusetts is retarded.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Diego Garcia disregard

Eta

USVI

Eta

I hate Rhode Island

Ohio

They do Skyline Chili and are so horrible, a number of astronauts try to leave Earth because of Skyline Chili.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ohio

They do Skyline Chili and are so horrible, a number of astronauts try to leave Earth because of Skyline Chili.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Diego Garcia disregard

Eta

USVI

Eta

I hate Rhode Island

Ohio

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ohio

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Diego Garcia disregard

Eta

USVI

Eta

I hate Rhode Island

Ohio

Cinnamon in chili should be a capital offense
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#9]
What the fuck was Ohio thinking? They should be shot in the streets
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The entire beauty of decentralized government ideology is we get to hate on literally everything but our state.

View Quote

@WhiskersTheCat,

You're absolutely correct.  This is GD. We hate everything! I just get tired at some of the ignorance thrown around every time this thread comes up. There's no yearly let's shit on Iowa thread going around. I need to stop being so sensitive ????.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@WhiskersTheCat,

You're absolutely correct.  This is GD. We hate everything! I just get tired at some of the ignorance thrown around every time this thread comes up. There's no yearly let's shit on Iowa thread going around. I need to stop being so sensitive ????.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@WhiskersTheCat,

Iowa is absolute trash. Ask any state that borders it.

They have no culture and nothing to offer. Fuck Iowa.

Nebraska feeds their excess of corn to their cows to make beef. Iowa demands their corn be made into faggot fuel to destroy your engine. Fuck Iowa
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I feel the same way about Missouri.
View Quote

we love you too bluevada ??
wished you'd make Chuck cry but re-elected your latina commie to the senate.

while we added a patriot to replace traitor blunt
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Diego Garcia disregard

Eta

USVI

Eta

I hate Rhode Island

Ohio

Death is too good for 'em. I mean, seriously, they already live in Ohio and eat Skyline Chili. What worse punishment is there? Fucking putting Oatmeal Raisin Cookies into the Skyline Chili?

Look, if people knock Puerto Rico because of perceived issues. I can say this. THEY DON'T FUCKING DO SKYLINE CHILI.

Instead, they have the town of Guavate off Highway 184.... otherwise known as Pork Highway.

An entire town and roadway dedicated to the worshiping and consumption of God's most holiest of meats, PORK! It is truly paradise since you see nothing but restaurant after restaurant cooking, roasting, BBQing, broiling, frying, smoking, etc.... pork and nothing but pork. It would make Muhammad have a panic attack and Mecca burst into flames due to the amout of pork particles wafting in the air, blessing your sensory organ that is your nose.

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@WhiskersTheCat,

You're absolutely correct.  This is GD. We hate everything! I just get tired at some of the ignorance thrown around every time this thread comes up. There's no yearly let's shit on Iowa thread going around. I need to stop being so sensitive .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@WhiskersTheCat,

You're absolutely correct.  This is GD. We hate everything! I just get tired at some of the ignorance thrown around every time this thread comes up. There's no yearly let's shit on Iowa thread going around. I need to stop being so sensitive .
It is Iowa, even Soviet ICBMs didn't want to visit that place.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ohio

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ohio

A few astronauts leave Ohio?

Puerto Rican Population in the States - PUERTO RICO REPORT
Recent estimates say that there are about 5.8 million Puerto Ricans living in the States, compared with 3.2 million on the Island.

This despite it's tropical climate, fantastic food and beautiful women.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ohio

Puerto Rican Population in the States - PUERTO RICO REPORT
Recent estimates say that there are about 5.8 million Puerto Ricans living in the States, compared with 3.2 million on the Island.

Skyline Chili.... nothing else needs to be said.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Puerto Rico is a dump outside of the rich white affluent areas. We have a family vacation home on the beach in Rincon inside a gated mini city with guards. The locals are not allowed inside our mini city only the rich American land owners. It's pretty crazy that outside the gates it's one big dump of an island. Sure there are a few parts of San Juan that are nice, but most of San Juan (and PR at large) is a 3rd world shit hole on par with any random town in mexico.

That, and Puerto Ricans in general are pretty damn rude and hostile to english speaking Americans like me. they tend to look down on us and I usually get the "not welcome here" feeling when out fooling around in one of the towns from the locals.
View Quote

When I spent 6 weeks down there after Maria hit, everyone was just as nice as could be to us. We even went to some areas that were supposedly "sketchy" but there was never a point where I felt unsafe. There were stories about some "undocumented entrepreneurs" that were blocking intersections and collecting "tolls" from people but we never saw them. (Never saw the a-holes that opened fire on an Army group down there either. But, that's because I told them I wouldn't go with them to provide comms unless they issued me a weapon.)

One thing that I did notice about language down there was that the older folks could speak English just fine, they simply chose not to. One guy I met spoke to me in Spanish and I responded in English. We talked for a surprising amount of time. He didn't seem offended I wouldn't speak Spanish probably because I wasn't offended he was speaking to me in Spanish. I had some trouble understanding them because some of the words Puerto Ricans use for things weren't the same as the "texican" Spanish I learned growing up. One guy I met from Dallas said the same thing. He said they talked too fast as well.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@WhiskersTheCat,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@WhiskersTheCat,

Also based.

I was watching rugby yesterday and I told the Irish they were micks and also we bonded on hating England.

Good men aren't sensitive
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#19]
When I clicked this thread I knew Ohio would be brought up

And skyline from Cincinnati, KY
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#20]
The more you hate people slightly different than you, the more you become bros on larger big picture ideals.

Except for Maryland. Those faggots couldn't even choose a side in the Civil War, still fly a baron's flag, and continue to steal OUR OYSTERS

FUCK MARYLAND
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

At least you know you're dying unlike faggot Massachusetts

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Also I hate New Mexico because you built an entire state out of a gay color of blue
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Puerto Rico has Pork, Florida has Keylime Pie, ans Ohio has Skyline Chili.

God hates Ohio.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:18:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Also I hate New Mexico because you built an entire state out of a gay color of blue
View Quote
Not as gay as New Hampshire. At least turquoise is ONE FUCKING COLOR. New Hampshire is fucking all tranny with their granite. FUCKING PICK ONE COLOR AND STICK WITH IT DAMN IT! STOP BEING ALL TRANS-COLOR WITH YOUR FUCKING MINERALS!
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

God hates Ohio.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God hates Ohio.

Ohio at least manufactures things. Imagine being Delaware who only exists to fly large cargo planes and be a tax haven

What a way to live
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ohio at least manufactures things. Imagine being Delaware who only exists to fly large cargo planes and be a tax haven

What a way to live
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God hates Ohio.

What a way to live
Delaware? Is that even a real place? Last I checked, it was the nickname of a toll-plaza. Delaware ain't real, just like birds aren't real.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:21:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not as gay as New Hampshire. At least turquoise is ONE FUCKING COLOR. New Hampshire is fucking all tranny with their granite. FUCKING PICK ONE COLOR AND STICK WITH IT DAMN IT! STOP BEING ALL TRANS-COLOR WITH YOUR FUCKING MINERALS!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually like New Hampshire. They require judges inform jurors about jury nullification, and their state signs say "Seatbelts aren't a law they're just a good idea"
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#28]
We should let it capsize already
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#29]
If New Hampshire ever calls for arms I don't need to even ask questions I know we just need to kill people from Massachusetts and I'm totally down
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Ahhh yes Maria the hurricane, Puerto Rican's said we're dying down here hep us! Mainland sent ship loads of relief that sat on the dock, much of it spoiled because the PR truck drivers decided to go on strike. The electrical grid was literally rebuilt by mainland workers and money because PR wouldn't' get lift a hand except for a handout. Then we learn that the (was it the mayor?) of PR had misappropriated relief funds and still begging for more before Trump told her to fuck off. Corruption so bad mainland had to appoint a team to take control of the finances because PR was insolvent.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Why do we keep California as a part of The USA?
View Quote

Shot hole of a stare but how else we going to get fresh avocados in the middle of winter?!
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Shot hole of a stare but how else we going to get fresh avocados in the middle of winter?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mexico's crop is pretty consistent year-round and eclipses Californian production by about 3:1. We also get a summer supplement from Peru, a winter bump from Chile and the Dominican Republic, and an occasional assist from New Zealand.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Laughs in FL
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Ahhh yes Maria the hurricane, Puerto Rican's said we're dying down here hep us! Mainland sent ship loads of relief that sat on the dock, much of it spoiled because the PR truck drivers decided to go on strike. The electrical grid was literally rebuilt by mainland workers and money because PR wouldn't' get lift a hand except for a handout. Then we learn that the (was it the mayor?) of PR had misappropriated relief funds and still begging for more before Trump told her to fuck off. Corruption so bad mainland had to appoint a team to take control of the finances because PR was insolvent.
LOL, both of you are too ashamed to even list the state/territory you live in.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, much of it didn't spoil. And, the PR truck drivers kinda got their comeuppance when DoD was called in to start doing logistics for the relief effort. They got shit done.

The power grid was pretty bad before the hurricane. But, the hurricane wiped out a *LOT* of stuff, especially communications infrastructure. I recently listened to a talk from one the the PR comms guys I met while I was down there. He said there was some money spent to run fiber all over the island underground so that what happened last time (fiber was on the same poles as power and when they got knocked down, everything went down). They had a hurricane come thru and most of the island still had at least some comms due to the upgrade.

Some examples of what got whacked during Maria:

Towers got knocked down, antennas got torn off.

Yeah, that just ain't right.

Virtually all of the lights in the "after" picture on the bottom were due to generators.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:12:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285/652055A5-3FCE-4BAF-97F6-1C6679794C03-2949558.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285/02CE3E98-6425-48D4-8A2A-F1777B1DC69A-2949560.jpg

I got there on the first flight.  

Couldn’t get a Jeep from the rental car place providing them to military and federal workers, because FEMA took them all.

…so they could drive around near the airport in style.

Over the mountains (or even in Caguas), where everything was devastated, FEMA was no where to be seen.

When I got to the devastated side, I did not see a single DoD or Federal entity.

The locals cleared the roads and the highways.  

You need to turn off your TV and put your phone down,

Get out and do something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285/652055A5-3FCE-4BAF-97F6-1C6679794C03-2949558.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285/02CE3E98-6425-48D4-8A2A-F1777B1DC69A-2949560.jpg

Couldn’t get a Jeep from the rental car place providing them to military and federal workers, because FEMA took them all.

Over the mountains (or even in Caguas), where everything was devastated, FEMA was no where to be seen.

When I got to the devastated side, I did not see a single DoD or Federal entity.

Roads, you say?

This was almost 2 months after the hurricane hit and there were still a lot of roads impassable.

ETA: This was a big-ass tree that got destroyed. There were trees like it all over the place. There were several places where trees got stripped not only of their leaves but even a lot of the bark.

This was the last image recorded by the Doppler Radar in San Juan before the radome detonated under the pressure from the hurricane:

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Did you personally drive those roads and run into problems?

Yes, it’s true that the locals did not repair the collapsed highway bridges.  However, they did clear the trees and debris.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roads, you say?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/191393/RoadMap-359757.jpg

This was almost 2 months after the hurricane hit and there were still a lot of roads impassable.

Did you personally drive those roads and run into problems?

Yes, it’s true that the locals did not repair the collapsed highway bridges.  However, they did clear the trees and debris.

I did drive some of them. Most of the problems I ran into were power lines still hanging precariously over the road or strewn on the road. Since I mounted a mobile HF antenna on roof of the rental I had, the drooping wires gave me some pause. One of the locals we were working with had to have his Prius looked at because he ran over a live wire. Oops.

I saw a lot of debris piled up on the sides of most of the main roads that had been cleared. As I recall, there was a big area that was a collection spot for that stuff they were using just before I left.

I felt really bad for that one neighborhood whose only way into or out of the neighborhood was by one bridge that got washed away. I saw where DoD was airlifting supplies to them every day until they could get something set up.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

When me and my wife got married (90’s) we flew to Puerto Rico to go on a cruise.  On the drive

from the airport to the cruise ship I saw some buildings with bars on the windows going up to the

third floor.  I told my wife that I had not even seen that in Memphis.
View Quote

I have been there and saw a nice 15 story apartment building that had bars on All the balconies
But the WTF was on floor 11 and centered on a completely blank side of the building was a window AC unit and it had BARS AND ON IT

The cops kept their lights on all the time.   Bell the cat?
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I have been there and saw a nice 15 story apartment building that had bars on All the balconies
But the WTF was on floor 11 and centered on a completely blank side of the building was a window AC unit and it had BARS AND ON IT

The cops kept their lights on all the time.   Bell the cat?
View Quote
The lights on cop car thing is just a local thing. Puerto Rico has done it like that FOREVER. basically a "hey, I'm in service" deal. I spoke to some of the PRPD and locals like CPD. They told me it has been that way since they came on and some of them have been on the clock since the late 80s.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No taxation without representation. When the NFA was written, they wrote that in it.
View Quote

Makes sense.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Who else is going to blast shitty Spanish rap music and drive like an asshole throughout all of Florida?
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The more you hate people slightly different than you, the more you become bros on larger big picture ideals.

Except for Maryland. Those faggots couldn't even choose a side in the Civil War, still fly a baron's flag, and continue to steal OUR OYSTERS

FUCK MARYLAND
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Who else is going to blast shitty Spanish rap music and drive like an asshole throughout all of Florida?
View Quote
[Jeopardy] Who is White People who enjoy cultural appropriation? [/Jeopardy]

Office Space (1999) - In the car rapping

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 11:16:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Lot of hate on here, but I guess that’s human nature. My family is all from Puerto Rico. Puerto Ricans were granted US citizenship in 1917, conveniently the same year the US entered WWI. My Uncle Juan served in the Marines and fought in Guadalcanal and Okinawa during WWII. My step-grandpa Guilo and Uncle Manolo were drafted and served in the 65th Infantry as they fought in Korea, including in the Battle of the Chosin Reservoir. My Uncle Billy served in the Marines and did two tours of duty in Vietnam, including fighting at the Siege of Khe Sanh. And my Dad was drafted in’69, served 3 years in the Army as an Army doctor helping sick and wounded GIs and later did 17 more years in the Air Force after becoming Chief of Internal Medicine before retiring as a full-bird Colonel. That’s just my Puerto Rican family. Many other Puerto Rican families also have a history of service fighting for and defending our American country. But I suppose it’s easier to forget all that and choose instead to denigrate a people, even though they also happen to be US citizens.

As for why the US keeps the island as a territory is probably the same reason Spain had it. It’s strategically located in the Caribbean. It provides an excellent military advantage for the southeastern flank of the US mainland. When the Soviets wanted to place missiles on Cuba in the early 60’s, guess where they had to pass through first? Either directly north or south of Puerto Rico to get to Cuba. If Russia or China now wanted to add a base on Venezuela or capture the Panama Canal, guess what US Territory is conveniently located to help interdict their naval attempts to do so? Puerto Rico.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 1:33:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Iowa is absolute trash. Ask any state that borders it.

They have no culture and nothing to offer. Fuck Iowa.

Nebraska feeds their excess of corn to their cows to make beef. Iowa demands their corn be made into faggot fuel to destroy your engine. Fuck Iowa
View Quote

I'll ask Illinois their opinion of Iowa, but I won't listen to the answers.

And meanwhile, let's hate on Virginia for failing to flood the DC suburbs and then turn hyenas lose in the streets. And for being mentioned in that one Bruce Hornsby song.

And then we can hate on Colorado for allowing the Front Range to exist. And for marijuana and Chipotle and the String Cheese Incident.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:46:12 AM EDT
[#48]
My wife's last cruise (with her brothers) was supposed to be to Cuba, but the embargo came back - so it was switched to Puerto Rico.  For whatever people want to complain about - I think she enjoyed the shore trip there - lots of history.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This. Same for all of our territories.
View Quote

I live in one of the territories and this is true!

Puerto Rico and the rest of the territories would return to a 3rd world  situation almost overnight if the federal money would be turned off.

We already suffer power outages, potable water issues, roads that would be in better condition if the airforce cluster bombed them.
Billions of dollars disappears into the black hole ?? of the territories and yet we have barely anything to show for it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Because arepas.  Because tostones, medalla, piononos, empanadas, arroz con habicheluelas, pollo guisado, pasteles, and mofongo.

I like Puerto Rico.

Because David at the little oceanside restaurant in Las Croabas makes the best mojito on the planet.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top