Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Hellcat for daily carry, sold two glocks cuz they wasted space in the safe. Still have a 19 but don't shoot or carry it very often. XDM 10 for woods. Love it! My new favorite. Accurate and great feel, great trigger, great sights!  Don't miss the block 20 at all.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My early XD 45 full size is the best shooting gun that I or anyone I let shoot it have enjoyed.

That being said, it is a massive gun and too big except  anything but the range.
View Quote

#metoo. Except I don’t find the size a problem.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one of the first run, rebranded, in 9mm. Over 3,500 rounds with a total of three stopages. Two dud rounds of WWB, and one bent case that wouldn't extract.

None of those were caused by the gun.

Trigger kind of sucked, but I got used to it.

Sold to a buddy to standardize on Glocks since I was carrying a G26 at the time.

Carried an XDS in 9mm for a couple years. Just under 2,000 rounds. Not one malfunction. Again, replaced with a Glock 43X. No fault of the gun.

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:00:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why does no one talk about the Springfield XD series?  Are they junk?

Everyone talks about Glocks, SW MP series, P320s, etc.

Pretty much no one mentions the Springfield XD series.  Are they junk?  Do they fall apart after 1000 rounds, where glocks can go 50k-100k?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

This has roughly been my experiance as well.
Attachment Attached File

They’re not as bad as Taurus or, god forbid, Kimber, but they’re not exactly a solid choice either.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I keep a XD45 bedside,thinking back it may be my only pistol that has never had a jam or malfunction of any kind,it's big and ugly but damned reliable.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#6]
politics and they make Taurus guns look pretty.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a XD and a XDs.
Both are .45 ACP.

Read the hate around here.
You'd think Megan Markle designed the things

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#8]
There’s that whole Springfield thing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#9]
No idea about quality, but I've been admiring the XDM Elite and its 22rd mags for awhile.

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I can only speak for the XD-M. I have 9mm and 45. Thousands of rounds without a single issue. Fit perfect in my hands. For some reason, I shoot it better with a stock trigger than my M&P full size with a 2.5 lb trigger.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:15:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Because they are nothing special and do nothing better than any other quality handguns out there.

My perspective is that of an owner of an XDM .45. It was a gift. I never would have bought one.
Tried to like it because it was a gift from my father, but it did nothing better than any of my Glocks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#12]
All the 9mm mcpistols are the same. Buy what you like. I chose m&p.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have a 1911 of theirs but all the internals have been upgraded one way or another before I got it.

If I found one of theirs guns I wanted that was used for a decent price I would go for it but I really don't need to get into another platform after my Glocks and my HKs. I picked up a Saint AR pistol that way. NIB from a guy who was told "no" by his wife. Cabelas wouldn't take it back so I bought it for cash in the parking lot for about .70 on the dollar.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no doubt they go bang when they should. I don't promote Springfield after what they did within IL political machine.

Absolutely this.

They are exceptional firearms though.  I do own and have for 15 years.

I have a 1911 of theirs but all the internals have been upgraded one way or another before I got it.

If I found one of theirs guns I wanted that was used for a decent price I would go for it but I really don't need to get into another platform after my Glocks and my HKs. I picked up a Saint AR pistol that way. NIB from a guy who was told "no" by his wife. Cabelas wouldn't take it back so I bought it for cash in the parking lot for about .70 on the dollar.

Yea, lots of mim in the 1911's and M1A's.  But again, you are spot on with that with a little upgrading you can have a multi generational piece.

Thing with the  Croatian guns is just that... they are imported by Springfield and nothing more. The real credit belongs to HS Produkt. Great company all the way around. The only thing that any of the SA poly guns need is trigger work (Powder River Precision) and possibly sights, depending on preference.

I just changed out all the springs in mine, including mag springs, but the gun has somewhere upward of 40k rds through ot.  Its a .40cal, and it still as accurate as it ever was.  I'm convinced that the guns don't even really sweeten up until after a few thousand rounds.  Trigger for sure improve with time on target.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:33:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I own a XDM in 10mm and a XDM elite in 9mm. Both are fantastic pistols that are accurate and reliable. You goons taking issues with Springfield about that nonsense they did in fuck you Illinois have a point, but Ruger, Colt, S&W, and HK have all also bowed to the commie left over the years. Would gun owners and America be better of should Springfield close?  I think not. Y'all need to reevaluate your shit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:40:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My wife really likes her XD in .40.
XD in .40, that should really get the haters going!
View Quote

I have 2 which provide entry to the master race
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:47:10 PM EDT
[#17]
First handgun was a pre-grip zone XD9 with 4 inch barrel. I tried Glocks just couldn't do the grip angle. Loved my XD9, but sold it to buy another gun since I had bought a XDM 3.8 40. I also have a XDS 9mm. Love them both and miss my original XD9.

A friend of mine who is a die hard Glock fan accompanied me to a range day and shot the XDM 40. After a few mags and turned to me and said, " Dude, if you ever want to sell this pistol, please let me know I will take it that day!" The XDM also happens to be my wife's favorite pistol to shoot.

My XDs have eaten everything I've given them, the XDM has to be approaching 5k rounds and seems to get better every time I shoot it. The triggers on all my XDs have always felt superior to the Glocks I've fired, but this may be subjective.

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:47:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I own an XDm9 and an XD9, both are very good pistols. In fact the XDm is my bedside pistol. It is accurate, reliable, and the 19 round magazine gives me 20 rounds in the pistol without resorting to extended mags. I got rid of my two Glocks, as I prefer my XDm.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Clunky and not sexy.   Also Springfield is dead to me because of politics.   So i refuse to give them my dollars.   And i dissuade my friends from buying them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:52:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Any bias against “made in Croatia” is massively dumb. It’s not 1992 any more; they’re a a legit first world European nation and they make some great firearms.

The “grip zone” stupidity and IL political baggage (both a fault of the importer, not the manufacturer)…I get that.

Grip safety is a personal preference thing and there are pro’s & con’s to it.

ETA: I don’t own one so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I own a Mod2 in 9mm, and have close to 6k down the pipe.  It just runs, and has yet to choke.  It rides in my center console on long trips.  Bud offered to fill the "Grip Zone" with polymer for me, however, I've yet to do it.

ETA:  Just remember. Gaston Glock tried to get his masterpiece out of civil hands as well.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:57:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I have never owned one, but over the last 11 years in 3 gun i have seen a lot of them not run.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#23]
It’s a gun for people that aren’t gun people.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:02:02 PM EDT
[#24]

XD.... For people that live pay check to pay check and eat at olive garden.. Wear white oakleys and drive bro dozers!
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:03:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I see alot of hate saying XDS are ugly....yes the XDs were not appealing but the XDm, XDS and hell even the grip zone serious are light years better looking then glock.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:07:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Sit down here by the fire and I’ll tell you a story.
There I was in Croatia circa 2000, ok that was just a BS hook. I was not there.

Ugly guns that actually feel good to shoot and as far as I know they are as reliable as any other.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Back when PSA was selling them for $329.99 I bought three of the XD Mod.2 subcompact .40s. I had one of each color, basic black, black with a silver slide, and FDE with black slide.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They are meh pistols.  Canik is superior.
View Quote

That’s kind of funny.

I had two xd9 service models that were the best shooting pistols I owned.

I’ve become a Canik fan recently. The feel and trigger are great. I haven’t actually punched paper for groups to see if they shoot better but shooting clay pigeons out in the desert I’d say it’s pretty close.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
A lot of instructors were reporting seeing issues with student's xds.

I don't think they really saw serious adoption by military or police, which tells you a lot.
View Quote

I would like you to cite a source. I have been a student for a long time and an instructor for several years on top of that. I have never seen any issues with an XD that was not operator induced. They run and can go through an entire police academy without any major breakdown requiring an armorer to install parts. If they run in the 50-60k I have no idea but for the first 10k every one I have seen runs like a raped ape.

Still not my first choice though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:36:07 PM EDT
[#30]
meh. Croatian gripzone mehness.

So many better pistols.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:00:11 AM EDT
[#31]
I don’t have one, but know several people who do. No one I know personally has had any issues with them.

The only one I’ve ever seen that needed work was stolen, and then dumped behind a commercial A/C unit in Memphis I believe-found some time later. Anyway lots of internal rust on springs, so springs needed replacement. Would’ve happened with anything, regardless of model.

The FCG is a bit of a pain to reassemble-much more so than Glocks or S&Ws. Very frustrating if you’re not familiar with the nuances.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:19:54 AM EDT
[#32]
I thought it was bc of the grip safety.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/241349/40303C47-88C6-44FA-8991-2CF144FC31D6_png-2079943.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/241349/93FCEF1B-DC2B-41BB-8D2D-C2CA4A46E8FF_jpe-2079946.JPG

They’re not as bad as Taurus or, god forbid, Kimber, but they’re not exactly a solid choice either.
View Quote

Quoted:

I would like you to cite a source. I have been a student for a long time and an instructor for several years on top of that. I have never seen any issues with an XD that was not operator induced. They run and can go through an entire police academy without any major breakdown requiring an armorer to install parts. If they run in the 50-60k I have no idea but for the first 10k every one I have seen runs like a raped ape.

Still not my first choice though.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:31:26 AM EDT
[#34]
my house gun is XDM 10mm... 16 rounds of best mil-eee-meetah.

they're great guns... the large frames are a bit more comfortable grip than the Glock, they have a bit shorter trigger reach and proper angle, supposedly designed after M1911..
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:32:26 AM EDT
[#35]
People talk about S&W M&Ps?
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:35:41 AM EDT
[#36]
I have em and Glocks, never had one fail and they’re accurate but Springfield’s political games…

Sad cause I would’ve liked their Hellcat OSP.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:35:41 AM EDT
[#37]
I have XDm:

5.25" 10MM
4.5" .40
5.25 threaded/4.5" 9mm OSP
Elite 3.8" OSP Compact 9mm

Fired the 9mm OSP today with some hot blue dot rounds that I made up.  It eats anything and is very accurate.  The XDms also have excellent, usable metal factory sights, big magazines, great barrels, great ergos

Quoted:
XD-M 10mm with 5" barrel is one of the best handguns I ever had. It has the best striker fire
trigger.
View Quote

Yes, it's my best auto and probably best handgun overall.  I also own 2 glocks, 2 HK USP's and an HK45 and several Sig autos including a P320. The HK's are excellent but aren't as accurate for me although their sight design and sight radius is probably to blame.

I have Wolf extra power recoil springs in the XDm 40 and 10MM as I only use max energy handloads in both, 500 Ft/Lbs and 700 Ft/Lbs respectively.  Wonderful guns all around I wish they'd bring back the Bi-Tone guns with SS Slides as they go for a premium now used.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Cause nobody says “I suck dicks”

That’s why
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:40:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Ultimately, the XD's are Glocks with a higher bore axis. They work fine, but ultimately it's a foreign manufactured gun that isn't any better than anything here already, including the Austrian thing made in Georgia.
View Quote

The bore axis is only like 1/8” higher than that of a Glock… lol.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:43:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Grip safety is awesome for reholstering. Don’t have to look the gun into the holster like a Glock.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:43:59 AM EDT
[#41]
I hate the Glock grip. It really doesn't work well for my hands. My polymer 80 build works, but still not a perfect fit.

I remember the first time I held a XD-40 a friend had and it fit my hand like a glove. This was the original XD.

I ended up buying a full size XD-45 and it's ate everything I've thrown at it and fits my hand better than the double stack 9mm Glocks.

Honestly the grip zone XD9 feels great in my hands and I'd like to buy one. To me it feels like holding a Browning Hipower.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:50:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have no doubt they go bang when they should. I don't promote Springfield after what they did within IL political machine.
View Quote

This.

People have short memories, repeat what they read online, and fail to form their own opinions based on experience.

There was a day when the guns had a decent reputation, and no one cared where they came from. There was some anger when they went from being a 300 dollar gun sold under the HS2000 name to being a 500 dollar Springfield. People soon forgave them and they bought them just like they did every other poly gun on the market.

Grip zone hits the wave and people point, laugh, and crack jokes. Still they are decent guns that work well and are reliable. Then the dark day comes when Springfield steps on their wang, and the full treachery of what they've been up to comes out.  

All of a sudden the XD line becomes a line of shit guns, that are junk and not worth owning. The fact is that they are still the decent guns they always were. My grip zoned piece of shit came in one day before the shit hit the fan. The gun is so shitty, that it feeds everything I have put to it, hits a 6" steel plate @ 25 yards with regularity, and does it with a 3.3" barrel.

The build quality of this piece of shit is on par with any other polymer gun on the market. It also has the distinction of being the last Springfield I will ever spend a cent on.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:52:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:53:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Why does no one talk about the Springfield XD series?  Are they junk?

Everyone talks about Glocks, SW MP series, P320s, etc.

Pretty much no one mentions the Springfield XD series.  Are they junk?  Do they fall apart after 1000 rounds, where glocks can go 50k-100k?
View Quote

They are shit guns.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:56:52 AM EDT
[#45]
First post nails it.

Just not a Springfield fan. Never have been.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#46]
due to the glock propoganda machine. Its a great pistol. I carry the XDS .45 alot, same capacity as a 1911 with a smaller profile and lighter too. There are a number of great platforms that mainstream shooters overlook, like Canik and Girsan (IMHO). Its all about brand advertising.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#47]

This was part of the problem.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to mark the only part you can grip the"grip zone".

Why stop there ?  Put "No grip zone" in 87 point print along the slide.

Never owned one, never like they way they looked.  Still rank it among the bottom tier of the 00's plastic pistols.

Along the lines of S&W SVDE and sigma.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/241349/40303C47-88C6-44FA-8991-2CF144FC31D6_png-2079943.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/241349/93FCEF1B-DC2B-41BB-8D2D-C2CA4A46E8FF_jpe-2079946.JPG

View Quote

I would not call any small part breakage a catastrophic failure if the gun is still intact and requires a minor repair. I have no idea who that guy is,what his classes are or what the percentage of guns in his classes are that might be XDs. Therefore 3 failing doesn’t particularly mean anything to me.

I own exactly 0 XDs,never had one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:25:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Had an XD40 Tactical i shot well, didn't care for the grip safety so I traded it off.

I will say, I got to handle an XD40 Tactical that had been fired with a bore obstruction. Other than the barrel swelling, it held together well, I was impressed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#50]
I recently bought a https://www.canikusa.com/canik-firearms/tp9 at my LGS.

shoots way better than my XD.  not a failure yet and the are highly regarded in the shooting sports industry.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top